What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honduras x Panama

TheSg

I've seen Malawi and Congolese in legal weed stores in Canada and that was ages ago. The Congolese was red and purple striped with green and got me sooooo up high... Had that cool foxtail shape to it.
I'm pretty sure the bud just kept selling out.

So all those indica growers are gonna start complaining and competing when it's clearly just a personal choice if you want sativa or indica.
I'd pay for good sativa because it has special day time smoke qualities.
But when an indica growers start saying it's still not worth it...
It's like this,
I don't always want to figuratively be dragging my feet in the day time just because I wanted to get high.

And ya the bud i bought of Congolese was a bit more expensive than the common Indicas.

TheSg

plaisanteries spirituelles

Witty badinage

Trust me, Canucks are 110% growing for the profit.

I may not be.

And I may be supporting those who grow Sativa.
But that's it.

Let's just say this, Canucks grow for all reasons.
They really do.
When you meet people who are young and grow kush that's for a reason.
And then ya meet people who are grannies and they have their own weird personal strain you've never even heard of ? Well then you know Canucks grow for all sorts of reasons.
Mainly they grow because cannabis is awesome whether its sativa or indica.

Thanks Ace for offering such a big variety of cannabis types!

YukonKronic

plaisanteries spirituelles

Witty badinage

Trust me, Canucks are 110% growing for the profit.

I may not be.

And I may be supporting those who grow Sativa.
But that's it.

Let's just say this, Canucks grow for all reasons.
They really do.
When you meet people who are young and grow kush that's for a reason.
And then ya meet people who are grannies and they have their own weird personal strain you've never even heard of ? Well then you know Canucks grow for all sorts of reasons.
Mainly they grow because cannabis is awesome whether its sativa or indica.

Thanks Ace for offering such a big variety of cannabis types!

I’m potentially just stepping into “the industry” but what I’ve seen so far tells me profit drives the business like it should any business. Passion from those involved is what leads to a business being more successful in most cases and cannabis will not differ.
I for one cannot wait to see a wave on long flowering craft produced sativa hit the market as soon as the general smoking public catches up to the options available.. if we all look back we’re probably going to realize we had to learn what constitutes “good” pot to us... newcomers to the cannabis sector will need similar time to educate themselves.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
my point was if they are selling 60day hybrids for ... lets say 300 an oz- , a 120/140 day sativa has to be substantially more then a 'little more expensive' ... other then home-growers who grow for themselves/friends , if u r going from 5-6 harvests per year down to maybe '3' , the price need to just about double... unless as i said the canucks aren't in it for profit.. and we all know that 'everyone' is in it for the mighty buck...

YukonKronic

my point was if they are selling 60day hybrids for ... lets say 300 an oz- , a 120/140 day sativa has to be substantially more then a 'little more expensive' ... other then home-growers who grow for themselves/friends , if u r going from 5-6 harvests per year down to maybe '3' , the price need to just about double... unless as i said the canucks aren't in it for profit.. and we all know that 'everyone' is in it for the mighty buck...

Market share matters. And as I said I’m new on the business side of it but I’m quite sure that as long as ROI exists there will be space within the average yield/m2/year on a legitimately sized facility to make some room for craft quality high end sativa flower... yes it may cost a little more but economy of scale allows for some averaging of profit margins which means the price point will likely not be so significantly high as some fear.
I hope? I mean if people pay 70$/g of Rosin why not a little more for a legit sativa?
Time will tell in the end...

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Seems like Zach Rock needs some sativa

i do indeed - i have 2017 GTiger fems and a 2013 Gtiger fem (thanks dubi) at the moment, but they take a long/long time ... my 1st go around with Gtiger was picked at 3diff times 100/120 and finally at 150 days... n it could have gone longer... for a small home grower , thats a long grow... i had to ration my weed... also grew and cobbed some Zamaldelica 2 grows ago...needless to say that is long gone..

i grew up with sativa and its my choice of smoke, just takes toooo damn long... and once it's mated with an indica... even if only 5%, its not the same... thats my experience... others maybe think differently ..

TheSg

Yep I totally get the part where you say as soon as it breeds with something else/indica it loses its not the same

StrongTree

Honduras x Panama !:D

picture.php

Just look at craft beer over the past 20 years, it went from not existing to becoming the dominant manufacturing model in North America for many brands. Smaller batches with unique combinations of prime and seasonal ingredients, with styles to match the regional supply chains and climates.

Cannabis will follow that formula exactly, place your bets now :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi zachrockbadenof,

It's evident that the big mainstream market in North America is mainly about the fast flowering mostly indica hashplants Kush, Cookies, Chem strains and so on.... and i don't think this will change in short term.

But when a commercial niche is overexploited with quantity with the same genetics/clones, suppliers can only compete in this niche mainly with the prices. The point on offering different, very sativa dom and pure sativa strains in dispensaries is not focused on this mainstream of younger customers, but probably older and more experienced smokers that really miss the pure sativas effects from the old days and cannot find them anywhere, probably because they cannot grow them in their climates and also because producers don't offer them to dispensaries.

So there's obviously a smaller niche for these pure sativa strains and people that truely know how to appreciate them and know how much more difficult and expensive is to produce them would be willing to pay higher prices for them.

It's the same for wine and beer. 99 % of the beer and wine consumed is the cheap mass produced type, but there's a profile of customers willing to pay 2,3 and even 10 times more for a good bottle of spanish, french or italian wine or for craft beer. The very small french wineries can produce very little, but this doesn't mean their business model is not viable, quite the opposite, there are many small french wineries focused in prime quality low production business model and they thrive very well.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
So there's obviously a smaller niche for these pure sativa strains and people that truely know how to appreciate them and know how much more difficult and expensive is to produce them would be willing to pay higher prices for them.

hey dubi - good point, i hope it becomes a reality... now if i was only able to order the A5... i keep getting 'cancelled' on the website...

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I love this strain. The plants were easy to grow with a nice structure. The buds get quite big, are hairy and slightly airy but still substantial. I got very good yields both from seed and cuttings. Excellent smoke, very nice euphoric high, not overpowering if you are a one or two hit guy like me. I have some that is close to a year old and might go sample it right now.

StrongTree

I love this strain. The plants were easy to grow with a nice structure. The buds get quite big, are hairy and slightly airy but still substantial. I got very good yields both from seed and cuttings. Excellent smoke, very nice euphoric high, not overpowering if you are a one or two hit guy like me. I have some that is close to a year old and might go sample it right now.

thanks Tex ... looks like yours did nicely.... and now with a 1 year cure... must be a delicacy... enjoy !

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad you are enjoying so much with your Honduras x Panama harvest TexasTea :) Your feedback is much appreciated!

The Honduras sativa really adds brighter and more euphoric effects to the very highly worked Panama line, which always provides potency, high yields and resin production, better indoor adaptability and more complex and louder terpenes. Both balance each other very well in this pure Central American sativa F1 hybrid.

Best wishes with yours StrongTree! ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts