What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honduras x Panama

farm3r

I have grown Panama fem version but I have some reg seeds that I would like to try.
Cob cured its a stand out high chewed I haven't smoked it its one of my all time favorite plants to get high on very strong and great taste.
There are 6 plants I love 5 from Ace I dont feel the need to grow anything else I have stopped looking for killer weed because I have found it IMO.
You wont be disappointed I love Panama and Panama x Honduras I am sure most things crossed to her are good as well.
My top 5 from Ace in no particular order are:
Golden Tiger, Zamaldelica, Panama, Panama x Honduras and Malawi x Ethiopia all have killer phenos.

Thanks Tangwena! I'd already got GT, Zamel, and Panama. I am currently nursing a seedling of GT right now. I can't wait when the space and time is available for the others from ACE.

I feel like I kept buying so many seeds, chasing the ultimate sativas. I already had a hunch that ACE has most of the solution and glad to hear that you are confirming it.

I know I can search your posts, but can you please briefly tell me why these 5 sativas are your favorites and you don't need to look for other seeds? What characteristics (i.e. effect, aroma, taste, growth structure, indoor adaptability, etc) are you looking for?

For me, I am looking for maybe three kinds of sativas.
1. Electric energy without paranoia so I can do chores, go on hikes, etc.

2. Almost like #1 but sociable, creative, introspective.

3. Trippy/Psychedelic for the weekends or special occasion.

Thanks!

farm3r

Btw, how does the infamous Cinderella99 compares to these Ace strains?

I have a couple of C99 in veg right now.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
C99 looked like indica to me, and smoked like it too. Strong but couch lockish. I confirmed with a dispensary buy just last weekend, same plant. Not bad, but not what I was looking for. The Ace stuff is in a different league in my opinion. Far more interesting plants on every level.

farm3r

C99 looked like indica to me, and smoked like it too. Strong but couch lockish. I confirmed with a dispensary buy just last weekend, same plant. Not bad, but not what I was looking for. The Ace stuff is in a different league in my opinion. Far more interesting plants on every level.

C99 is not suppose to be indica at all even though there is a small amount of indica genetic in her. As you may have known, there are many knock offs in the seed world now adays, so your experience with it might not had been legit.

C99, the real one, is supposedly very electric, energy, soaring, and trippy, just like many of Ace sativa strains. The taste and aroma are similar to many equatorial sativas. Very delicious. Do some more research on C99 and you'll see.

@yesum knows her well and he seems to be constantly searching for trip weeds. He loves C99.

The reason why C99 is famous is because one can basically grow equatorial sativas and finish her around 7-8 weeks, super fast!

farm3r

I highly suggest you grow C99 yourself and not trust any dispensaries. I recommend PeakSeedsBC as the breeder is known to have the legit version for very reasonable price. It's not listed on his website and you have to email him, asking for it. I'm growing a couple right now.

farm3r

Here is a good smoke report from another forum I found at the top of the google search result.

https://forum.grasscity_dot_com/threads/smoke-report-female-seeds-c99.1181313/

And a little excerpt. Copied and pasted.

"Definitely not couch-lock here, this is a VERY active buzz.....if I just sit around after smoking, my limbs tingle and my muscles twitch in anticipation of activity. Great strain to smoke and have a very enjoyable and productive day.

In larger doses, C99 is TRIPPY! Sense of sight and hearing are accentuated, and very rush-inducing. This one can definitely get the heart pounding, so those that have issues with anxiety or paranoia should be careful not to overindulge."

Koondense

Veteran
Don't rely on some selected smoke reports, many other c99 growers did not have such electric experiences. I'm one of them, my c99 was a mosca bx version and had nothing to do with what i feel is a sativa buzz, well almost nothing. Growth was like a hybrid and the effect was more relaxing than active.

C99 seeds have quite some variation, depends a lot what you buy while the old c99 is like the old sativas, was probably lost in reproductions and further hybridisations, one should have the original old cut to see what the c99 is really about.

Cheers

Tangwena

Veteran
farm3r the highs we all like are very individual what I like you may not ect.
I grew C99 from feminised seeds years ago and the smell was crazy the taste was pineapple.
I dont smoke but i chew cobs of any strain to compare the C99 was like wow i love this high then 30 mins later it was like what happened is that it?
Aces top tier strains are so strong to ME chewed its like when you are going up on acid not the main trip but that rocket ride up where everything is getting very loose and beautiful.
I dont get paranoia from them I just let go and let it take me wherever it wants to go like when your tripping.
Like I said its just my feelings others may not get that thats how it is with all pot.
But i grew up on grass that tripped people out I mean really freaked them out, a lot thought it was too strong especially people brought up on hashish.
So i only like pot that changes my day for the whole day and the more freaky shit I experience the more I like it.
Those 5 strains from Ace are the only ones apart from Mulange that even come close to what I used to smoke in Malawi as a young man so I dont need to look any further I have what I want already.
Whether they work the same for you there is only one way to find out.
You have the good bricks what you build is up to your imagination my friend but starting with the right material is half the battle won already.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
farm3r, maybe I wasn't clear above. I did grow it last year with seeds from a reputable breeder, and found it unremarkable. Last weekend I picked up a gram at a local dispensary and it was identical to the stuff I grew last year. My point was, Ace cultivars are far more interesting in my experience and I have grown dozens of different ones at this point.

farm3r

Ok guys, I just wanted to clear things up with regards to C99 because @TexasTea said it was indica (he was not making himself clear), but it is sativa dominant.

I have high hope for C99 from PeakSeedsBC. Most of the reports I saw were all positive about how it has amazing sativa effect, so we'll see. And trust me, I do not rely on one report on anything, even outside of the cannabis world. I always check multiple sources and make my own decision.

It would be super awesome if the final product is electric, soaring, and trippy with no indica effect, then I think I have a super quick sativa here without having to grow out 12 weeks plus pure sativas.

I will update this thread once my C99 finishes.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I said it looked like indica to me, not that it was indica. Typing on a phone dude... :)

Koon said it best, a hybrid it looked like to me...since I never had it before I didn't know what to expect. It was potent but not that clear high that I was hoping for, much more body to it.

SolarLogos

farm3r, maybe I wasn't clear above. I did grow it last year with seeds from a reputable breeder, and found it unremarkable. Last weekend I picked up a gram at a local dispensary and it was identical to the stuff I grew last year. My point was, Ace cultivars are far more interesting in my experience and I have grown dozens of different ones at this point.
When I walk by our local dispensary, the budtenders all come out to greet me with a hug, because I always come bearing gifts (all ace samples I grow) and they will tell anyone, it all beets anything they have on their shelves that say "Sativa." I've tried every sativa the dispensaries get in our area and nothing comes close, not even the Humboldt outdoor grown they sell. I've only grown and few dispensary clones and wouldn't bother gain.
Just my humble opinion.
SL

farm3r

When I walk by our local dispensary, the budtenders all come out to greet me with a hug, because I always come bearing gifts (all ace samples I grow) and they will tell anyone, it all beets anything they have on their shelves that say "Sativa." I've tried every sativa the dispensaries get in our area and nothing comes close, not even the Humboldt outdoor grown they sell. I've only grown and few dispensary clones and wouldn't bother gain.
Just my humble opinion.
SL

That's impressive for Ace stuff! Thanks for sharing that as I am now even more pump to grow more Ace strains and sort of stop looking around other breeders.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
I've tried every sativa the dispensaries get in our area and nothing comes close, not even the Humboldt outdoor grown they sell. I've only grown and few dispensary clones and wouldn't bother gain.
Just my humble opinion.
SL
i feel like i'm crazy in my area because i have the same complaints about dispensaries. the only time i found really good sativas was the three random times i found ace seeds strains!!!

o, and there's panama red sometimes available, which is great, but i imagine ace panama would blow it out of the water...

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
There are now about 5-6 dispensaries in our general area and I have been to 2 of them so far, mostly just to look and see what they offered, since it's still so novel for me to go into a store and buy dope legally. Everything I have seen so far is Top 40 type strains, and it's all machine trimmed into little round hard nugget balls completely devoid of character. In one place you can't even see or smell it beforehand, you order off a menu which I found ridiculous.

At the other dispensary you could at least smell it and see it weighed out in front of you. But the buds inside every bin he opened looked nearly the same and it all smelled pretty much the same too. It was just a joke. But it's handy if you want to sample some of these big name strains without having to grow it out yourself. Unfortunately there aren't many I'm interested in...at least the one place did have two Bros Grimm strains- they had C99 and Rosetta Stone and also Dream Lotus from Bodhi.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Just my humble opinion.
SL

That would be really cool. You west coast guys are so much more relaxed. Around here it still feels like you're under surveillance and getting away with something. I'm not sure it would be cool to bring in a bag of homegrown into one of these facilities.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi SolarLogos,

Glad to hear the ACE samples you bring to try to the dispensaries are being appreciated :)
Hopefully in a not distant future dispensaries will start to learn what a true sativa it is and start to offer high quality pure sativa flowers so more customers can have access to them.

YukonKronic

Hi SolarLogos,

Glad to hear the ACE samples you bring to try to the dispensaries are being appreciated :)
Hopefully in a not distant future dispensaries will start to learn what a true sativa it is and start to offer high quality pure sativa flowers so more customers can have access to them.

..... agreed.... it would be pretty dang exciting to see ACE based Sativa in legal herb stores. Heheeee I really do hope I get to see that...
Something like.... Zam... or Guatemalan... ooohhh or perhaps a hybrid of the two! :tiphat:

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Hi SolarLogos,

dubi.. thats not happening... when a grower can pump out buds every 60+ days, unless he can charge double the $$$, he ain't growing a 120/140day (or more) sativa...

Latest posts

Latest posts