What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honduras x Panama

Keif Cake

Veteran
It looks like it might pull through on a reveg, and dare i say my mistake has made it even frostier.

I dont remember it finishing this quickly before, its feeling very 8-9 weekish without going back to check dates

20230413_223309.jpg

BillyStoker

This one reminds me of my favourite pure Honduras, but with enhanced resin from the Panama. I gave this plant to a friend to grow out as an introduction to ‘sativa’

Attachments

• B980EABA-DE76-4ED2-AAB3-E7AE40A661B9.png
    B980EABA-DE76-4ED2-AAB3-E7AE40A661B9.png
    11.1 MB · Views: 297
  • 859C69FE-0F8A-45D4-B053-70FFD759199D.png
    859C69FE-0F8A-45D4-B053-70FFD759199D.png
    10.5 MB · Views: 300
  • 3B2ACF7B-FBAA-44E7-A7BF-D04C065B928F.png
    3B2ACF7B-FBAA-44E7-A7BF-D04C065B928F.png
    11 MB · Views: 301

Luiggi

Hi all,

I would like to ask you about the smell of it during flowering. I have to keep it as stealth as possible and I am worried it smells along the whole neighbourhood. I wasn't able to find it along the thread and so that is why I am asking.

I wanna ask the same about Panamá and so if you know about it too I will avoid posting the same in both threads.

wanna keep it bent as close to the floor as possible but I am not sure how capable will I be of keeping it not so tall. I guess it does stretch a lot, does it?

IMG_20230626_184318.jpg

thank you in advance.

Love :)

Luiggi

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
One of my last remaining honduras x panama buds. What a ride its been :smoke:

I hear you loud @RobFromTX I've been deep into Panama hybrids for the last 8 months (the 3 new sativa releases: Zenith, Super Panama Haze and Panama A5 Haze) and what an intense and long ride has been 😅.

Nearing the last bud of each plant it's a very special feeling, especially if clones were not taken and same 'so touching plant' can not be grown again. With a bit of emphaty and introspection, it can easily become not your average session with same jar, but almost like a spiritual feeling, like a definitive good bye.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi all,

I would like to ask you about the smell of it during flowering. I have to keep it as stealth as possible and I am worried it smells along the whole neighbourhood. I wasn't able to find it along the thread and so that is why I am asking.

I wanna ask the same about Panamá and so if you know about it too I will avoid posting the same in both threads.

wanna keep it bent as close to the floor as possible but I am not sure how capable will I be of keeping it not so tall. I guess it does stretch a lot, does it?

View attachment 18858590

thank you in advance.

Luiggi

Hi @Luiggi thanks for choosing 2 ACE Central American sativas for your 23 outdoor season :yes:
Panama can be smelly and Honduras x Panama not so much.
Please, keep us updated. Happy growing!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
It looks like it might pull through on a reveg, and dare i say my mistake has made it even frostier.

I dont remember it finishing this quickly before, its feeling very 8-9 weekish without going back to check dates

View attachment 18830964

Despite the intense yellowing of the plant during flowering, i like a lot the look of the finished flowers @Keif Cake, a beautiful, balanced Mexican-Panamanian expression. Is it a clone from previous grows, right ? Did you manage to keep it alive in your mother room ? Guess you must be starting to enjoy it now after proper drying/curing conditions ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I'm in the deep south and brickweed was very common..40 oz in the early mid 90s. Most as said was crap dry, seeded, and ammonia smelling. However 1 in 20 was really good stuff, called " mid" which was actually nugs with a few seeds. The high was always up with alot of laughing and giggling, as most Mexicans were.

Sorry to get off topic, but alot of memories when I read " brickweed" lol. I grew a few over the years, but most would never fully finish in a 250 watt closet. Alot of good times though smoking blunt after blunt as a young smoker.

Thanks for chime in with your experience on 90s Mexican sativas @nick11 I experienced the same when growing Mexican seeds mid 90s, some had some of the happiest, laught your ass effects i've ever experienced.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
She’s probably got a couple weeks left. My entire 11/13 tent is going to all be finishing up over the next 2-3 weeks, except the PH x Malawi, it’s looking like a very long flowering haze expression. Here’s a partial view(I took the Thai Chi in front yesterday, 87 days)
View attachment 18825069
What a sight :love: @MrHamilton ! Guess your Honduras x Panama harvest must be starting to get to a good drying/curing process. Do you like her ? How does she compare with the other ACE sativas you harvested along ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
A little vape-report for Honduras x Panama, after a 3 months cure. Vaped with S&B Mighty in 185-190 C.

Lemon jumps out first from freshly ground red pheno. The early smell of lemon cleaner has evolved more into Limoncello. The green one has more complexity, with some wild strawberry in the mix. Taste from the vape is quite similar on both, and it is more like vanilla cheese cake than fruits or berries. Some roasted nuts appear as well as something woody and herbal, maybe that is the famous incense? Me and my friends like this a lot!

High is first of all heady, sometimes it feels like my brains are getting a massage! Expansive, thought inspiring, clear but dreamy. Positive and alert while being still calm. Personally i find this strain be suitable both for social and physical activities, as well as for thinking and meditation. Great for outdoors and nature! Clears off nicely, does not keep me awake nor put me to sleep afterwards and does leave a groggy feeling.

Effect wise the green and red pheno are quite similar. Green could be a little creepier and clearer, and red is maybe little bit more red-eyed and stony. At the moment, i personally gravitate towards the green, but I am now hitting the red one and really digging it too.

Excellent strain! Lets see how it evolves with longer cure. Maybe i will have to roll some joints too for a smoke report further down the road. 😁

Thanks a lot for your detailed and inspired smoke report @Stoneroller :love: Glad you got so well the vibe of this sativa hybrid, i cannot put it in words better than you did!

PD: the incense can be smelt mostly when burning it (if it really has the incense), not so much when you vape it or smelling directly the flowers, but it's more or less loud to others surrounding you while smoking it.

Or if you are smoking alone, then burn it in a close room, go out for a minute to the toilet, then come back to the room you have been smoking, and the incense smell will be unmistakably appreciated.

Last edited:

Keif Cake

Veteran
Despite the intense yellowing of the plant during flowering, i like a lot the look of the finished flowers @Keif Cake, a beautiful, balanced Mexican-Panamanian expression. Is it a clone from previous grows, right ? Did you manage to keep it alive in your mother room ? Guess you must be starting to enjoy it now after proper drying/curing conditions ;)
You are correct, that was the 2nd run of it, and unfortunately i somehow missed taking another clone of it. I had plans of looking through some regs sometime in the near future, likely two or three things that may be ran in front of them.

It probably is it a good point to be enjoyed, but all ive been smoking the last 4 - 6 weeks has been mostly the GT x Panama and the Headband x TK x Honduras cross i did. Which the GT x Panama just went back into flower a couple of days ago, and since I'm really liking the look of that Honduras Mexican male, ill be using that on it, ill be very interested in how that mix that comes out, thinking maybe a couple hundred seeds , and not just a few dozen like when I'm less sure about the prospects.

MrHamilton

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
What a sight :love: @MrHamilton ! Guess your Honduras x Panama harvest must be starting to get to a good drying/curing process. Do you like her ? How does she compare with the other ACE sativas you harvested along ?
I wish I could capture her smells somehow and post it here. A very lemony cleaner smell. It’s actually so pleasant to me, that it brings back memories from my childhood. I’ve vaporized it in my volcano at 350f and the lemon/citrus comes through beautifully on the inhale and exhale. The high is uplifting and happy, I can go out and do life, or I can space out on the couch. This stuff is STICKY and clogs up my plastic grinder.
5504D1E7-DB83-466D-A5C4-9EE167E3AB77.jpeg

Cactus Squatter

Hi all,

View attachment 18858590

thank you in advance.

Luiggi
So far all of the HonPan I have grown were fairly low smell, and what they did have wasn’t a strong “weed” smell.
The Panama however I could smell all around my house, front and back yards 😂
She brings some funk but that was also 3 of them that grown.

BillyStoker

The Panama leaning plant. The plant almost seemed indica influenced to me during veg early on with dark wide leaves and stinky stem rub, but the leaves thinned out towards maturity and I was impressed by the legit strong sativa effect in the end. Small sticky resin heads that were jam packed on the calyx made a gunky grind. Smelled like lemon cleaner mostly, with creamy notes, almost cheesy. Been curing for a few months and am getting candy lemon and sometimes cheesecake flavour.

Attachments

• 6CAD634B-C110-417C-AEB1-81BD258E1A97.jpg
    6CAD634B-C110-417C-AEB1-81BD258E1A97.jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:

LHC

Hi @dubi

As far as I can see, this strain has Honduras father and Panama mother. I was under the impression that when you make a cross, the mothers name should come first?

Best regards

OZZ_

Veteran
Hi @dubi

As far as I can see, this strain has Honduras father and Panama mother. I was under the impression that when you make a cross, the mothers name should come first?

Best regards

To be fair, the fem version is their Honduras female #7 pollinated by panama goddess reversed as the pollen donor.

The regular version is the panama goddess female pollinated x Honduras males.

So it’s 6 of one, half dozen of the other. Either way you word it, it would be incorrect for one of the crosses.

Nannymouse

When was this 'rule' made up, and why? As far as i know, a plant can be named any darn way.

The only thing is, when describing the pedigree, it is far easier to name the female first, then(not 'than')list the males. And, that really only works well with one-on-one mating.

What to do if males and females of 'strain A' are mated with males and females of 'strain B', then crossed?

LHC

To be fair, the fem version is their Honduras female #7 pollinated by panama goddess reversed as the pollen donor.

The regular version is the panama goddess female pollinated x Honduras males.

So it’s 6 of one, half dozen of the other. Either way you word it, it would be incorrect for one of the crosses.
Thank´s for the clarification

Latest posts

Latest posts