What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honduras x Panama

Nannymouse

Sorry for the poor photo quality. Its amazing how lime green these buds are getting with cure. The pheno in pic1 has a real gassy smell. The green leafy pheno in pic3 is just straight lemon funk, reminds me of oldschool federations island sweet skunk but even funkier! Id love to sample these buds but i know better, another week or so. I was going to make some bubble hash with the 2 gallons of trimmings i have but the wife wants to make shortbread edibles instead. Im not gonna fight that idea :giggle:
So...how was the shortbread?

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Big beautiful girl. She is going to yield very well as always. Vanilla musk with a hint of lemon and fuel in the nose. A finger rub is sticky with some menthol and citrus notes.
PXL_20221109_135805963.jpg

PXL_20221109_135858769.jpg
PXL_20221109_135943889.MP.jpg

Keif Cake

Veteran
Down the final stretch, almost ready for harvest, and smelling wonderful. I'm picking up a lot of the same scents as the Columbian Honduras, and I wish I could describe what those are.

The clone of this one will get run again, but I'm interested in seeing what else comes out of the others.

20221109_205323.jpg
20221109_205400.jpg

Attachments

• 20221109_205356.jpg
    20221109_205356.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 52
  • 20221109_205213.jpg
    20221109_205213.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 55

Keif Cake

Veteran
That looks great Kief Cake!
Thank you! That's the reason I wanna run the at least the other 2 seeds I've got, possibly more and see what else lurks...
Honestly, I probably want to look until I find one that smells like fuel, that I've been reading about here and there in the line.

This one smells just like my Honduras, only not as loud, I'd like a little variety, and have I mentioned I love fuel, kerosene, diesel, gassy terps? Lol. That was the deciding on factor on pulling the trigger to get a 3 pack to sample (that and a 5 pack wasn't available when ordering)

Stoneroller

Alright, 4 weeks of flowering and they have been packing at steady state. Still trying to dial in the optimal watering regime. This is my second run in the 20 gallon pot and i am still not quite sure if i am giving too much or too little. Roughly 5% of water per soil volume every other day. Now i am letting the pot dry a little more and shoot for a single 10% watering to fully saturate the water capacity.

The colour has been a bit on the lighter side of green lately, so i topdressed them with worm castings, malted barley, bokashi and some local organic fertilizer a week ago, and i have been supplementing them lately with biobizz liquid fertilizers in 1/3-1/2 strenght meanwhile the topdressing is coming available to the plants. Trying to stay in the lighter side just in case, but seems like they could eat a bit more!

But overall doing pretty well!
IMG_20221115_122913.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Great looking colas starting to form @Stoneroller ;) HxP can take high levels of nutrients quite well, glad you worked on some soil amends. Try to keep strong the feeding during the upcoming month (with N too). This strain can easily take ECs between 1.3-1.6 (in some individuals even more) at their peak of highest flower production.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
That's good to know dubi. Mine is getting some brown tips and crispy tops. Trying to figure out what I could do to correct it, but probably already too late, and won't make a big difference anyway.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Cool basement temps and never gets warmer than 80f. Humidity is still at 50% or so. This seems to have more to do with the super soil mix and none of my other plants are having any issues with exact same recycled mix.

johnnylawrence

Looks like a bountiful harvest is coming johnnylawrence ;)
She probably will be done in 2 weeks or less.
I harvested her 2 weeks ago today. Pics show how she looked right before harvest, while drying, and today, after drying and curing for the last 14 days. I harvested just under 4 ounces, plus I probably picked another 10 to 14 grams before that, so not a bad yield. The screen was only about 70 percent full and I obviously had some technical issues during the first half of flowering. I started another SCROG using a clone of this same plant. I'll post a few pics in a separate message below. The smoke is stimulating and motivating and probably not ideal for trying to relax. The buds are a little fluffy. I think I'll harvest the next plant about a week earlier since I noticed the terpenes were stronger then and this one seemed fully done. The buds have sort of a gold appearance. There is a definite incense smell when smoking, not super-strong but definite and noticeable. All in all, I am pleased with the harvest.
Hon x Pan harvest approx 85 days.JPG

Hon x Pan fem harvest drying.JPG

Hon x Pan fem 2 weeks dried cured_1.JPG

Hon x Pan fem 2 weeks dried cured_2.JPG

Hon x Pan fem 2 weeks dried cured_3.JPG

johnnylawrence

I flowered these two plants for 2.5 weeks in a separate flowering chamber while my big Hon x Pan fem was finishing flowering in this cabinet. Here they are two weeks ago after being transferred from the smaller cabinet to this one. The screen was added a day or two later. This is sort of contest between my beastly Hon x Pan fem and a very vigorous Mango Haze I've had for a while. It's an S1 of a Mango Haze F2 created around 2010, to be more accurate. The Hon x Pan has shorter internodes and uses more water. The Mango Haze grew taller and three branches had to be topped a second time, otherwise it would look a lot bigger (both plants were topped once). Both clones were started at the same time. They are obviously not the same, but they are not that much different in terms of color and shape of the leaves.
Hon x Pan fem and Mango Haze.JPG

Last edited:

johnnylawrence

Here's the Hon x Pan vs Mango Haze SCROG today, 14 days later. Both plants are doing well. I expect them to finish around the same time. The Hon x Pan is on the left side. When mentioning the similarities, I forgot to say that the Mango Haze has the same incense smell when burned but stronger. It has sort of a citrus/metallic aroma which I guess comes from the Thai genetics in the Haze (the Hon x Pan has a more floral aroma). The last close-up pic shows Hon x Pan on the left and Mango Haze on the right. The Mango Haze is in a 3 gallon pot because I have found that it just works better unless you are trying to grow a massive haze plant that takes a long time to finish. The Hon x Pan is requesting water daily now in its 5 gallon container. This is using Happy Frog soil, by the way. I will post more pics in a month or so...
Hon x Pan fem vs Mango Haze SCROG challenge.JPG

Hon x Pan fem approx 35 days flowering_1.JPG

Hon x Pan fem approx 35 days flowering_2.JPG

Mango Haze_1.JPG

Mango Haze_2.JPG

Hon x Pan (left) Mango Haze (right).JPG

Attachments

• Hon x Pan (left) Mango Haze (right).JPG
    Hon x Pan (left) Mango Haze (right).JPG
    9 MB · Views: 36

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on your harvest johnnylawrence (y) the finished product of your HxP looks very Panama, glad you are already enjoying some! Good luck on your new sativa cycle, and use the knowledge and experience you learnt from previous!