What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honduras x Panama

johnnylawrence

I think she is hungry, half way in flower? Perfect time to push the bloom nutrients. But I don't know nothing so let's wait for the experts 😁
I found some additional instructions for the Jack's Classic Bloom Booster 10-30-20, and it turns out I had been giving a fairly low dose compared to what is possible, especially when strong light is used. Today, I gave 3/8 teaspoon of the Jack's in about 2/3 gallon of water, a stronger dose than I had been giving by almost a factor of 3. I checked the EC at 1.2 or 1200, which I have heard Dubi recommend as a moderate/safe dose, so I doubt it will burn the plant severely. I measured the runoff pH at about 6.0 (not bad). I was being overly cautious with nutes and not wanting to burn a "delicate sativa," but this plant seems like a tough monster that probably does need more nutes. We'll see if it gets greener/stronger or what.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
if the leaves already provide a long lasting energetic effect imagine the well cured and properly grown buds @johnnylawrence ;) Your plant is producing nice buds and i'm sure the outcome will be delightful.

I would highly recommend you to get the EC meter so you can understand better your feeding, your plant shows both at some point: overfeeding with classic leaf tips burnt and deficiencies (yellowing), she is probably in need of more food at this stage of flowering. Feed her with a balanced NPK dose of moderate strength and let's check how does she react.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
This one is untopped and going to be a monster. :D
PXL_20220930_135211047.jpg
PXL_20220930_135329308.jpg

Stoneroller

It's been now 4 weeks from germination, and two weeks from transplanting the girls to the final container. Been at war with thrips for a week now (inoculated nematodes and predatory mites five days ago, and been spraying the bastards with pyrethrin when spotted), but otherwise the girls look pretty happy. They have been FIMmed and LSTed a bit. I'm guessing there is still room to veg them for a while, work the canopy and battle the thrips, but probably not too long before i have to flip to 11/13.
IMG_20221005_231900.jpg

johnnylawrence

I'm back with more pictures. These were taken today, 14 days after the last set. I'm not worried about heat anymore, and I put my usual homemade reflectors back on the two 70 watt CMH bulbs. She's at about 60 days of flowering at 11/13 (I'm not counting the first 10 days since the plant was only 15 days old). I did some reading and figured out that FFOF/Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil has been associated with a lot of problems similar to my plant's - yellow leaves and mysterious symptoms of burning or nute lockout that are never figured out. I read that Fox Farm has been outsourcing their soil manufacturing to a few other companies lately, and the quality control is not as great as it used to be. This particular bag seemed moist when I opened it, and I found a chunk of a heavy, rust-orange substance along with chunks of wood and other stuff. The general consensus is to just use Happy Frog if you want to use Fox Farm soil, or at least mix FFOF half-and-half with Happy Frog.

I flushed as best I could without being able to move the plant out of the cabinet. I mixed 20-20-20 Jack's Classic with the 10-30-20 Blossom Booster, creating a 15-25-20 formula (3-5-4). I water one day and feed the next. The plant seems to like that a lot. Hopefully the loss of many of the leaves will not affect the overall yield too much. The new growth on the buds looks green and healthy. The smell this week is sort of like gardenias, but with an organic/forest smell in the background. I will read and reply to any previous and current comments in another hour or two (after I eat dinner, etc.). She looks like she leans toward her Honduran side with her thicker, wild hairs going every which way, but the buds have good density so far. The odor is still easily manageable.
HonxPan fem approx 60 days flowering_1.JPG

HonxPan fem approx 60 days flowering_2.JPG

HonxPan fem approx 60 days flowering_3.JPG
HonxPan fem approx 60 days flowering_4.JPG
HonxPan fem approx 60 days flowering_5.JPG
HonxPan fem approx 60 days flowering_6.JPG
HonxPan fem approx 60 days flowering_7.JPG
HonxPan fem approx 60 days flowering_8.JPG
HonxPan fem approx 60 days flowering_9.JPG

RobFromTX

I'm back with more pictures. These were taken today, 14 days after the last set. I'm not worried about heat anymore, and I put my usual homemade reflectors back on the two 70 watt CMH bulbs. She's at about 60 days of flowering at 11/13 (I'm not counting the first 10 days since the plant was only 15 days old). I did some reading and figured out that FFOF/Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil has been associated with a lot of problems similar to my plant's - yellow leaves and mysterious symptoms of burning or nute lockout that are never figured out. I read that Fox Farm has been outsourcing their soil manufacturing to a few other companies lately, and the quality control is not as great as it used to be. This particular bag seemed moist when I opened it, and I found a chunk of a heavy, rust-orange substance along with chunks of wood and other stuff. The general consensus is to just use Happy Frog if you want to use Fox Farm soil, or at least mix FFOF half-and-half with Happy Frog.

I flushed as best I could without being able to move the plant out of the cabinet. I mixed 20-20-20 Jack's Classic with the 10-30-20 Blossom Booster, creating a 15-25-20 formula (3-5-4). I water one day and feed the next. The plant seems to like that a lot. Hopefully the loss of many of the leaves will not affect the overall yield too much. The new growth on the buds looks green and healthy. The smell this week is sort of like gardenias, but with an organic/forest smell in the background. I will read and reply to any previous and current comments in another hour or two (after I eat dinner, etc.). She looks like she leans toward her Honduran side with her thicker, wild hairs going every which way, but the buds have good density so far. The odor is still easily manageable. View attachment 18766529
View attachment 18766530

View attachment 18766533 View attachment 18766534 View attachment 18766535 View attachment 18766536 View attachment 18766539 View attachment 18766540 View attachment 18766541
Nice job man! Absolutely gorgeous. Gotta love this strain. Smells like lemons and the yields are fat :love:

johnnylawrence

if the leaves already provide a long lasting energetic effect imagine the well cured and properly grown buds @johnnylawrence ;) Your plant is producing nice buds and i'm sure the outcome will be delightful.

I would highly recommend you to get the EC meter so you can understand better your feeding, your plant shows both at some point: overfeeding with classic leaf tips burnt and deficiencies (yellowing), she is probably in need of more food at this stage of flowering. Feed her with a balanced NPK dose of moderate strength and let's check how does she react.
Thank you for the advice. I do have an EC meter. I think I'm around 0.8 EC with my current strength (1/4 tsp per gallon), but I water every day, feeding every other time. After my latest pictures from yesterday, do you think I should change to a different formula soon? I've been using 15-25-20 by combining 20-20-20 and 10-30-20. I have some Fox Farm Big Bloom I can use that has very little nitrogen, if it might be time to switch to that. I'm not sure how much longer I have left - maybe 2 to 3 weeks or slightly longer. I've never used Big Bloom before and only bought it because I read here that organic fertilizers give a better taste. I am open to suggestions.

johnnylawrence

Nice job man! Absolutely gorgeous. Gotta love this strain. Smells like lemons and the yields are fat :love:
I'm not really getting lemons at this point, but that may change. I'm hoping for a fat yield (for a single plant). I remember you harvested your latest crop a little earlier than anticipated. In terms of the effects, are you happy with the result or do you wish you had gone a little longer like originally planned? Thanks for any info.

johnnylawrence

By the way, I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I started two Panama regular seeds. Like the two HonxPan seeds that I started, one of the Panama seedlings turned out to have a strong 'skunky' odor and the other is practically odorless. I'm keeping the odorless one, which looks more like the green type.

I noticed both the skunky HonxPan and the skunky Panama had wavy lower leaves. This picture shows the two Panamas, with the wavy-leafed, smelly one on the left. It had a reddish stem, too (like the smelly HonxPan).
Panama Regular seedlings.JPG

Tangwena

Veteran
Hey brother, good to see you! Yeah, been jonesing for that lemony black tea aroma and flavor. This hybrid never disappoints. :)
I had some cob from 2019 Panama x Honduras the other day it just dissolved in my mouth.
I was feeling a bit down when I woke up. I couldn't feel anything for a while then I realised I was not high but I was bloody happy ha ha.
It lasted all day just couldn't wipe the smile of my face great medicine.
Although the younger cobs are way more electric and euphoric the older one just made me happy just what i needed.

xet

I had some cob from 2019 Panama x Honduras the other day it just dissolved in my mouth.
I was feeling a bit down when I woke up. I couldn't feel anything for a while then I realised I was not high but I was bloody happy ha ha.
It lasted all day just couldn't wipe the smile of my face great medicine.
Although the younger cobs are way more electric and euphoric the older one just made me happy just what i needed.
That does sound really nice.

Press a cob into the shape of a frag grenade and yell "FRAG OUT!" before chewing it

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Stoneroller try to fully fix any pest problem during growth (even if you need to spray with insecticide) since later in flowering it is not recommended to spray anything once flowering is started.

Looking good there johnnylawrence ! ;) 0.8 EC is usually low nutes for flowering and since it's Honduras x Panama is a high yielding strain, most plants accept and require high levels of nutrients during flowering. Although yours seems to be producing a last reflowering, she is heading the end so better don't increase suddenly the feeding at the end of flowering, but take it in consideration for next cycle, try to keep your plants deep green until at least 2/3 parts of flowering for best yields, quality and bag appeal of the finished product, then decrease feeding and start considering flushing till harvest time.

Dear Tangwena glad you are still enjoying with your well stored cobs friend ;)
Hope you are having a great start of spring there!

TexasTea (y) you know well Honduras x Panama. I also believe indoors with Honduras x Panama is best to prune.

Tangwena

Veteran
Dear @Tangwena glad you are still enjoying with your well stored cobs friend ;)
Hope you are having a great start of spring there!
Hi my friend I should explain I only had about 1/10th of a gram ha ha.
If I have more it kicks my ass into space ha ha I'm still in love with the Panama x Honduras I have still got over a kilo of cobs aging ha ha.
Some have yet to be sampled ha ha.