What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honduras x Panama

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
All my smoking friends are dead so I just keep making them ha ha.
I will have to do some spring cleaning and throw some out its getting ridiculous ha ha.
I have more plants growing and many more planned what else can I do? ha ha.
Its just compost after all.
I'm looking forward to building my own collection.

I've managed to keep some from last years harvest and will stash those away for a good length of time.

This year I have more weed than ever b4 (if it all comes in) and my consumption has reduced drastically since swapping to just eating cob.

Already I'm planning next years grow!

Panama/Honduras x Honduras
Malawi/Ethiopian x Mulanje
Purple Columbian/Jamaican x Mulanje
Ace's Malawi
And one other, not sure what yet.

Tangwena

Veteran
my consumption has reduced drastically since swapping to just eating cob.
Therein lies my problem ha ha not really a problem though just use the best of the best.
2019 July Purple Honduras x Panama the smell is out of this world as is the taste.
The high is pure energetic bliss.

img_2084-web.jpg

Last edited:

revegeta666

I'm looking forward to building my own collection.

I've managed to keep some from last years harvest and will stash those away for a good length of time.

This year I have more weed than ever b4 (if it all comes in) and my consumption has reduced drastically since swapping to just eating cob.

Already I'm planning next years grow!

Panama/Honduras x Honduras
Malawi/Ethiopian x Mulanje
Purple Columbian/Jamaican x Mulanje
Ace's Malawi
And one other, not sure what yet.
Maybe I could help you with that last one? 🤔🧐😉

Stoneroller

After 33 days of veg i switched light cycle to 11/13 to trigger flowering, and today 9 days after the switch the girls showed their first pistils! The thrips problem seem to be sufficiently under control now, but i may have over watered a bit, as i detect signs of root/nutrient issues in the older growth. The stretch has begun, but so far they have been quite manageable. I'm guessing there is still a lot stretch to tackle with LST in the coming weeks...

IMG_20221018_141551.jpg

johnnylawrence

I'm back with more pictures, 14 days after the last set. Will the calyxes grow a lot more and the hairs recede, like most other strains? I've never grown an equatorial sativa before and am not really sure what to expect. I want her to fatten up but don't want to wait too long and lose any uplifting effects or terpenes. I'm thinking she probably needs another week or slightly longer, but I'd appreciate any opinions. I've been giving her Fox Farm Big Bloom (0-0.5-0.7) and blackstrap molasses. I harvested a lower main branch about a week ago, on the left side of the screen about halfway back, if you refer to the earlier photos. It has a nice taste and a mild incense odor when burned. It's obviously premature but is a good early sample to establish a baseline for maturity. I switched the overhead LED panel to one I know is good for resin and terpene production even though it's not very powerful; that's why the lighting looks pink.

HonxPan fem approx 75 days flowering_1.JPG
HonxPan fem approx 75 days flowering_2.JPG

HonxPan fem approx 75 days flowering_3.JPG

HonxPan fem approx 75 days flowering_4.JPG
HonxPan fem approx 75 days flowering_5.JPG
HonxPan fem approx 75 days flowering_6.JPG
HonxPan fem approx 75 days flowering_7.JPG
HonxPan fem approx 75 days flowering_8.JPG
HonxPan fem approx 75 days flowering_9.JPG

Foggy420

1666651377746.jpeg

1666651487638.jpeg

This Honduras Panama is really sticky and frosty with notably large calyx. Even the larger leaves in the big buds are coated in resin so I'll only do a rough trim. That way it'll have that old school home grown look in the end. The aroma is subtle and in the minty eucalyptus realm.

It's that time in my season where I have to make some choices between early harvest and losing the battle against botrytis. As you can see I have quite a few fresh pistils but some brown. Under the loupe I see
many cloudy but not milky trichs. I already took a few purposefully seeded branches because they seem to get hit with botrytis first. I may leave it til the weekend but then it might have to come down.

How much truth is there to early harvest sativas tending towards jittery paranoid inducing effects?

How far away am I from a perfectly ripe harvest?

On an off topic note, the plant in the back of the top pic is a Cultivators Choice Skunkman seed from Seedbay. Something like (sk x haze) x (sk x haze) x haze. Looks very NLD. And it's late late late. We'll see what happens.

Stoneroller

One week after first preflowers (i am counting this as a week one, since there were no pistils when i switched to 11/13) the girls are claiming some territory! Some issues in the older growth, and i can still spot one or two thrips on the leaves from time to time, but nothing catastrophical. The growth spurt in the last two weeks has been intense, i kind of get that F1 vigor stuff now!

IMG_20221025_120454.jpg

IMG_20221025_153757.jpg

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Wow, she's going to be a beast Stoneroller. :)

I love my HomeBox tents...nice having that white interior.. Just a pity that they only have European distribution since they are a pain to get shipped to the US.

johnnylawrence

Looks like a bountiful harvest is coming johnnylawrence ;)
She probably will be done in 2 weeks or less.
Thank you, Dubi. I'm sorry for taking so long to respond. I read the forum on multiple devices but only log and post using my main computer. Here are more pictures, taken today, Sunday. My plan is to harvest Wednesday, before the lights go on. Since the Big Bloom contains zero nitrogen, I added some Kelp Plant Food a few times over the last 10 days or so, in addition to the Big Bloom, just half a cap full each time. She has been taking a full watering (half a gallon) every other day, down from every day in mid-flowering. The Kelp liquid fertilizer contains very little nitrogen (0.16 percent), and it may not be enough to make any difference at all, but she seems to be doing very well with the current nutrients. I was trying to stay away from any chemical fertilizers in the last weeks before harvest. I will water with a more dilute solution tomorrow, and that will be the final watering. In the pictures, you cannot really see any amber trichomes. I used a microscope yesterday, and some of the clear/cloudy trichomes are starting to turn a bit amber on the inside, so this must be the correct harvest time. The vast majority of the trichomes (almost 95 percent) look clear or cloudy. I hope it will be a big harvest. The SCROG screen is not exactly full and I experimented with switching lights a few times, so we'll have to see. Based on the amount of water consumption, it should be a big harvest. Let me know if you think she needs to go a little longer, although I would like to free up this space.

By the way, I used the last of the Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil for a young plant, and it developed purple stems, yellowing, and spots on the lower leaves. I strongly suspect defective soil was the problem and not really anything I did wrong. I am now using Happy Frog soil with better results. All of the Fox Farms soils are amended, which explains why I don't want to use full-strength nutes before the soil nutrients are used up. I have been using basically the recommended dose of Big Bloom but with every watering, not every other watering as recommended. So I've been giving almost twice as much Big Bloom as recommended with a little extra Kelp and some molasses thrown in, but it seems to be working. There is still no lemon smell at all, which is actually fine with me.

My pictures aren't uploading right now (it's never been a problem before) so I'll post this and try again with the photos in a bit.

johnnylawrence

Trying again with today's photos.... She seems to be starting one last limited/partial re-flowering in certain areas, but I think she's mostly done. As I said above, I'm starting to see some slight amber in the trichomes, although I only start looking at trichomes once I think a plant looks ready. I will take another set of pictures at harvest time. Mostly I'm following Dubi's advice about when to harvest, but she looks just about done (to me) and the trichomes confirm it.
HonxPan fem approx 84 days flowering_3.JPG

HonxPan fem approx 84 days flowering_0.JPG

HonxPan fem approx 84 days flowering_1.JPG
honxpan-fem-approx-84-days-flowering_2-jpg.18775789

HonxPan fem approx 84 days flowering_4.JPG

HonxPan fem approx 84 days flowering_5.JPG
HonxPan fem approx 84 days flowering_6.JPG

Attachments

• HonxPan fem approx 84 days flowering_2.JPG
    HonxPan fem approx 84 days flowering_2.JPG
    7.6 MB · Views: 518

Stoneroller

@TexasTea Starting to get some nice thrichomes! What week are you on in the flowering?

Cheers @dubi ! I did a final spray today by your recommendation, at two weeks into flowering. I also sprayed the covercrop since i have spotted them mostly on the lower growth and especially on the basils. I hope the nematodes and predator mites have been able to interrupt if not completely break the life cycle of the thrips in the soil. What i have gathered about growing in living soil, is that growing long enough you will encounter all kinds of pests that also occur in the nature, but with balanced ecosystem they usually never go completely out of hand because of the predation. I hope the majority of the mites survive the spray! Although i have a good mite population roaming in my worm bin, so i can always add some more.

The stretch seems to have slowed down, and they are starting to pack some flower. Growing space wise, I feel like I am still in a good spot. For indoor growers with limited space, i would highly recommend topping once and to do some vigorous LST after that, since there was a three weeks window after switching to flower when the plants went haywire. :D

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Thanks! I think this one is about 4 weeks along maybe...I tend to just grow them and don't pay as much attention to the time. I'm in no hurry and this is one where the aromas are so nice you don't want to see her end. :)