What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honduras sativa

BillyStoker

A quick update. Buds are forming nicely. She's really suffering (leaf doing an elf shoe curl bottom/middle of pic) being so close to the lights, but nothing I can do. Once I can move the two plants "underneath" her, I'll do a more detailed update.

View attachment 18818779
Looks promising from my experience, the long/thin haired pheno I had was by far my favourite

Keif Cake

Veteran
Second run with this wonderful colombian

20230316_221230.jpg

I used some of the female pollen i collected a few months back, looks like some it has taken, i pollinated this Colombian Mango biche with it. Early scents coming through are very similar to what I'm getting from the Honduras.
Its not going to be the trimming dream that the Honduras i have is, and i expect the effects to be a bit heavier without the Mexican influence.
20230316_234603.jpg

RobFromTX

I'll say one thing unique about Honduras. They are the smallest seeds in my collection and i got one hell of a seed collection. :cool: I'll be popping these beauties in 2 more weeks. I was going to grow them out with some panama regs but ive decided to go solo because of the stretch.

Attachments

• IMG_20230317_134855773.jpg
    IMG_20230317_134855773.jpg
    971.7 KB · Views: 83

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for getting a pack of our pure Honduras @RobFromTX :) much appreciated.
I would say Honduras seeds are medium sized. The smallest cannabis seeds i've seen are probably wild Nepalese sativas and wild Kashmir seeds.

A cross between Mangobiche and Honduras should produce a super vigorous and high yielding American Sativa hybrid, i foresee lots of potential with the correct blend of parental plants from both strains.
Good luck on your second run with your selected Honduras ;)

Be careful with the feeding @mr.pistil since your bud pic shows severe burn tip in early flowering. Check whether ph is in the correct range and if ec is too high then lower it down.

Keif Cake

Veteran
I would say Honduras seeds are medium sized. The smallest cannabis seeds i've seen are probably wild Nepalese sativas and wild Kashmir seeds.

A cross between Mangobiche and Honduras should produce a super vigorous and high yielding American Sativa hybrid, i foresee lots of potential with the correct blend of parental plants from both strains.

Be careful with the feeding @mr.pistil since your bud pic shows severe burn tip in early flowering. Check whether ph is in the correct range and if ec is too high then lower it down.
Thats basically what my thoughts/hopes are!
Ive always been very interested in trying mango biche ever since i used to look between the Ace and Cannabiogen offerings trying to decide what to get, and thought i had lost the opportunity to get it, but thankfully i came across it around Christmas time. I'm planning on keeping the selected honduras around for a while, so a better selection of the mango is likely going to happen sometime in the future.

RobFromTX

Yum nepalese sativa id love to get a hold of those too. Dubi do you think the honduras could be vegged out in one gallons and then switched to 3 gallons after the first month of flower? Im pretty limited on space and i'd like to plant the whole pack if i can

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Of course you can @RobFromTX ! It's indeed what i like to recommend root/grow-flower your sativa clones in 3 liter pots until early stretch is over, then transplant to 7-11 liter pots for the rest of the flowering.

mr.pistil

dubi, yup ph got way out of line . I adjusted accordingly and am now getting a lot of new, dark green growth in the buds. The fans are shot but the plants seems to have recovered. Buds are swelling and stacking. Pistils remain straight and bright white, so they seemed to have not suffered as the leaves did.

As mentioned previously the Hon overgrew a couple of neighboring plants. The last one will be moved in the next couple of days and then I'll do an update with pics.

RobFromTX

dubi, yup ph got way out of line . I adjusted accordingly and am now getting a lot of new, dark green growth in the buds. The fans are shot but the plants seems to have recovered. Buds are swelling and stacking. Pistils remain straight and bright white, so they seemed to have not suffered as the leaves did.

As mentioned previously the Hon overgrew a couple of neighboring plants. The last one will be moved in the next couple of days and then I'll do an update with pics.
May i ask what nutrient line youre using if any? I planbto run mine with bio bizz bloom at about half strength

mr.pistil

Rob, I use Doc Bud's High Brix Blend - https://www.docbudsbrix.com/ Completing my 20th grow with Doc's kit. Come see the gang at https://www.beanbasement.nl/threads/new-doc-bud’s-high-brix-blend-q-a.17710/

If you follow Doc's kit, which includes a soil(less) blend of HP Promix (Sunshine #4 also works)m+ mineral amendments, AND assuming your water's ph is near "neutral", you don't need to monitor ph. I use city water and for some reason the ph has creeped up into the low 9.x's. which caused the problem I had with the Honduras as I mentioned in the previous post.

Look over the link to Doc's kit I gave you and hit me up with any questions you have.

mr.pistil

Ok, I finally was able to clear out the "underbrush" from my one Honduras. The pot is on a 4x4' plywood sheet, with the pot sitting against a wall. I had to bend-her-over as I've previously explained as she was up to the 7' ceiling.

Her canopy is at least 6' wide side to side and is creeping into the 4x4' plywood in front. You can get an idea of this in the pics.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I corrected the ph and increased P & K and she responded nicely. Again, the fans are shot, but you can see new dark green growth in the bud pic.

Today is flower day 75. Buds are bulking up and I'm hopeful for a respectable harvest.

Honduras - FD75 canopy.jpeg
Honduras - FD75 spread.jpeg
Honduras FD75 - new growth.jpeg

Airloom

Veteran
Ok, I finally was able to clear out the "underbrush" from my one Honduras. The pot is on a 4x4' plywood sheet, with the pot sitting against a wall. I had to bend-her-over as I've previously explained as she was up to the 7' ceiling.

Her canopy is at least 6' wide side to side and is creeping into the 4x4' plywood in front. You can get an idea of this in the pics.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I corrected the ph and increased P & K and she responded nicely. Again, the fans are shot, but you can see new dark green growth in the bud pic.

Today is flower day 75. Buds are bulking up and I'm hopeful for a respectable harvest.

View attachment 18822231 View attachment 18822229 View attachment 18822230
More than respectable harvest for sure. I’ve been along for the ride and you’re dialed in as they say. Very very nice

Lebanizer

I currently have one in bloom (female) and I just rubbed its flowery top and smelled it. I wanted to know what sort of bouquet to expect. It turned out to be the strangest thing ! I was expecting something in line with the strainsheet "Floral, citric, geranium, musk, woody and spicy." What I actually got is roasted meat with a lemonish background. Is that smell normal ? I know the smell of the living plant can be different from the dried buds. But that smell took me aback. I smelled it several times to make sure because roasted meat is not something I was expecting. Anyone had that before ? Is that normal ? Should I change my soil ? That smell is so peculiar !

EnjoyingLife

I currently have one in bloom (female) and I just rubbed its flowery top and smelled it. I wanted to know what sort of bouquet to expect. It turned out to be the strangest thing ! I was expecting something in line with the strainsheet "Floral, citric, geranium, musk, woody and spicy." What I actually got is roasted meat with a lemonish background. Is that smell normal ? I know the smell of the living plant can be different from the dried buds. But that smell took me aback. I smelled it several times to make sure because roasted meat is not something I was expecting. Anyone had that before ? Is that normal ? Should I change my soil ? That smell is so peculiar !
It's been awhile since I've read into Honduras but it may be one of their strains that has a foie gras scent to it. If so, that may be what you're detecting.

goingrey

Just read about that smell in the China Yunnan.

Maybe it's not so uncommon. Hard to say, have no idea what force fed duck's liver smells like. :D

Lebanizer

It's been awhile since I've read into Honduras but it may be one of their strains that has a foie gras scent to it. If so, that may be what you're detecting.
foie gras too ? :ROFLMAO: ! I found that somewhat hilarious. I don't know. OK but basically I'm getting that there's nothing worrisome in that smell. Somehow my brain doesn't compute with the idea of a plant that smells of... meat ! Here's a disruptive notion ! I had never encountered that in cannabis. I was used to the classic ones: hash of course, coffee, citrus and other fruits, spices, herbs, rich earthy smells, incense, flowers, woods and sometimes for Hindu Kush plants stuff like strange acrid smells or also diesel. But meat ? That's a first for me for sure. Thanks anyway.

Shua1991

I had the meaty liver smells in Golden Tiger too, it's something likely common in landraces because it has a function, maybe insect deterrence. I had one plant that distinctly smelled like those rotting flowers at the botanical gardens, smelled like rotting meat, something to find in a current project using Golden Tiger genetics. Some of the research I did at the time seemed to show that the meaty smells and rotting flesh odors were not actually caused by typical terpenes/sesquiterpenes but thiols, sulfur containing molecules, considering I wanted to try my hand at "fermenting" some sativas from Ace(Golden Tiger, Panama, Malawi) in the future I found it interesting that the fermentation process is very similar for both hops and cannabis. Different flavors are available after fermenting vs curing/drying. Amending soil with sufficient Calcium Sulfate(Garden Gypsum) and Magnesium Sulfate(Epsom Salts) allowed for higher Thiol/stank production, you can even use these both in smaller dilutions as a foliar feed in veg. There's even rumors that part of the reason why people cannot replicate the old school road kill skunk lies somewhere in the improper growing conditions to harvesting and processing. Some odors develop/are made more available in a anaerobic environment.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts