What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honduras sativa

OrganicToTheT

Quick question? Any one who sees this message by all means you can answer me. I'm a beginner and I'm about to get my Honduras in the mail like in an hour (Out for delivery ahaha) I really want to know if the smell of this strain is offensive at all? Like what does it really smell like and would I need something to remove the potent weedy smell like skunk for example? Or does this really smell like floral and sweet smells non offensive? How far away from the plant do you have to be to start smelling something good or bad?

OrganicToTheT

Nice! I will indoors hopefully I get the floral and normal plant smell and thats it. Hopefully that sweet floral smell that guys here have been reporting! Hopefully non offensive!

Our keeper Purple Columbian pheno threw a few male flowers and we were able to get some viable s1 seed from her. Here is one of them, she is an almost identical copy of her mom. Planted her in the same spot her mom was last year and she is getting just as big.:yay:

Attachments

• 20200702_203329.jpg
    20200702_203329.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 70
  • 20200702_203316.jpg
    20200702_203316.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

SolarLogos

Our keeper Purple Columbian pheno threw a few anthers and we were able to get some viable s1 seed from her. Here is one of them, she is an almost identical copy of her mom. Planted her in the same spot her mom was last year and she is getting just as big.:yay:
She's a nice one, love those narrow leaves. Great job!

SolarLogos

I made seeds from 2 mothers, H5 and H6. The plants from H5 are more NLD than H6 on average. I have 2 plants from H5 and 3 from H6. Neither of the H5 have shown sex, but 2 of the H6 are showing males.
Two from the H5 mother

3 from the H6 mother. The one on the left is the most NLD of the 3. I'm hoping for a male to cross into the H5 if they are females.

Honduran, IMHO would work great crossed into PS or haze, the effects would be amazing. I'm going to dust some Honduran pollen on my purple haze satellite to run next year.
Thanks for stopping by
Peace, God bless

Tangwena

Veteran
Our keeper Purple Columbian pheno threw a few male flowers and we were able to get some viable s1 seed from her. Here is one of them, she is an almost identical copy of her mom. Planted her in the same spot her mom was last year and she is getting just as big.:yay:
Thats going to be a mega producer once those huge colas are finished lovely flowering.

MrFancyPlants

NLD=narrow leaf drug
WLD=wide leaf drug
More and more are getting away from the Indica/Sativa dichotomy.:tiphat:

Thanks SolarLogos! That makes sense. I did not make that connection, even as I’m sitting on a pack of Tropical’s “Old Afghan NLD,” which has a strong narrow leaf expression in its gene pool.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on your Honduras harvest :good: And thanks to you for your kind words and for sharing your results with all of us.

Glad you are pleased with the final yield, effects and terpenes! Nothing better than when a grower have had a new positive experience from our genetics. Enjoy, you deserve it ;)

Happy growing to all! I love that this thread just keeps going. The plant is definitely worth the attention!

I finally finished my sativa medley grow (ACE Malawi, Honduras, and Panama). All three are great, but I think I got especially lucky with the Honduras. Very vigorous, and the best yielder of the bunch. The terpene profile on it is maybe not as complex or penetrating as the Panama, and while it seems to have the same terpinolene foundation, it evolved to be more floral and organic, rather than vanilla/incense. Here she is at 13 weeks:

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=81911&pictureid=2049525&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=81911&pictureid=2049526&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=81911&pictureid=2049527&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

I took her down two weeks later, at 15 weeks. Unfortunately, I did not take whole plant pictures at that point, but here's one of the two main colas:

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=81911&pictureid=2049528&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

I know this may not seem like a whole lot to a more experienced, or outdoor, grower, but this is legitimately the most impressive single cola I've ever laid my hands on. Flower clusters are a bit on the fluffy side, but I don't grow for weight so I don't actually care. Very easy to trim. The floral structure make it easy to pull off the bigger leaves while the smaller ones just don't get in the way and can be left where they are.

I split the plant into two big parts and hung it to dry inside the tent for a little over a week. I find that jarring at about 68-70% humidity, and then slowly working it down to < 65% over the course of several weeks, helps preserve quality and terpenes. After two weeks of cure, this is already a wonderful, smooth smoke that blows all other plants I've grown to this point out of the water (perhaps with the exception of the Panama).

It's exceptionally smooth, and there is a very pleasant lingering aftertaste after the exhale. The taste is sweet with an interesting fruity or floral quality, but I can't quite put my tongue on it. The effect is something else - very smooth and kind while also energetic and active. Not racy like the Panama can be. The effect stacks to some extent but the most I've done was two joints about an hour apart, so I'm not sure if there's a ceiling. The Honduras is definitely nowhere as strong as some of the modern hybrids I've grown out in the past, if strength is measured by how hard it hits you, but it is definitely plenty potent for active daytime use.

All in all, this is the first plant that I would consider entering into any kind of contest. I am typically my own worst critic, but this is something I can honestly say is "good shit" without any reservations. Huge thanks to dubi and the ACE crew for helping me reach that first milestone of being really, really, REALLY happy with the end result on so many levels. :bow:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Damn friend! :D The Honduras loves to stay in your garden, what a beast, and she is just starting :yes:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi SolarLogos,

A pleasure to see your own offspring from pure Honduras line :) They look lovely!

Despite the initial differences in leaf traits, all the Honduras show only extreme tropical sativa traits in flowering, this is a good example why the new taxonomy of nld and wld is many times meaningless and therefore not worth to use.

The new taxonomy proposed by Small and others trying to rename sativas as indica, indica as afghanica, and wild types as whatever are linguistic gymics that will only please people enjoying this kind of intelectual games, but they very add little to the purpose of proper classification. Just my opinion, sorry if it sounds rude to the taxonomists.

The taxonomy based on chemotypes is the only new one that really adds something really scientific and accurate.

I made seeds from 2 mothers, H5 and H6. The plants from H5 are more NLD than H6 on average. I have 2 plants from H5 and 3 from H6. Neither of the H5 have shown sex, but 2 of the H6 are showing males.
Two from the H5 mother

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=78801&pictureid=2058972&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

3 from the H6 mother. The one on the left is the most NLD of the 3. I'm hoping for a male to cross into the H5 if they are females.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=78801&pictureid=2058973&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Honduran, IMHO would work great crossed into PS or haze, the effects would be amazing. I'm going to dust some Honduran pollen on my purple haze satellite to run next year.
Thanks for stopping by
Peace, God bless

Rajas

Premium user
Very interesting topic!

I'm sure all plants show a very pure tropical effect! It's more about tendencies.
My theory is that the more nld type pheno H5 is the mexican one, which has the more body stimulating effect. Whereas H6 with broader leaves most likely evelopes into the denser, less stimulating (effect) colombian pheno.
Hope the more the plants are developed it is possible to see if nld/bld taxony helps the grower to distinguish early on. Would be quite a nice tool if it works!

Hi SolarLogos,

A pleasure to see your own offspring from pure Honduras line :) They look lovely!

Despite the initial differences in leaf traits, all the Honduras show only extreme tropical sativa traits in flowering, this is a good example why the new taxonomy of nld and wld is many times meaningless and therefore not worth to use.

The new taxonomy proposed by Small and others trying to rename sativas as indica, indica as afghanica, and wild types as whatever are linguistic gymics that will only please people enjoying this kind of intelectual games, but they very add little to the purpose of proper classification. Just my opinion, sorry if it sounds rude to the taxonomists.

The taxonomy based on chemotypes is the only new one that really adds something really scientific and accurate.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
In my little experience with Honduras , I found two pheno, one purple with very narrow leaves (I think it's Colombian) and one green, with slightly wider leaves ... I didn't find very big differences, the purple one took a while more time to flower, but it produced more, however the green pheno tasted better ...
Anyway, a great strain, I really like it

SolarLogos

Hi SolarLogos,

Greetings my friend!
It's funny, I started using the NLD and WLD to avoid being called out :biglaugh:
When I first came on these boards, there were a couple argumentative people who would go onto other's threads and call them out for saying Indica and Sativa. It seemed like a hot topic, one I've tried to avoid. I just use the terms interchangeably, nld=sativa and wld=indica. After saying Indica and Sativa as long as we have, I never understood the need for the change either.

With a pure landrace, I like looking for that one outlier that sits above the rest of the group. I'll be honest, I haven't found one in Honduran; so far, not a lot of variation in my Honduran line, but I've never found one that wasn't outstanding, nothing mediocre in the line that is for sure. But I still look, it's what I do;)
Thank you for your thoughts on this Dubi:good:
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

As expected, I have 3 girls and 2 guys. Only 2 of the girls have been confirmed, but I'm confident the smallest one is a girl. The 2 guys are just showing tiny single claws at the internodes of the main stalk. Out of my garden of various sativa, Honduran is last to show sex and are going to be the last to go into flower (all planted around the same time). I'm a sucker for a long/skinny-fingered leaf

The 3 girls

The 2 guys

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I had 4 Honduran plants I used to feed my cloners. I got about 75 clones from them. Every 2 weeks I took everything I could. I was finished putting the clones out and was looking at the 4 sorry, repeatedly raped, abused, overworked, defeated moms. They were thin 2-3 foot plants with barely any leaves so instead of putting them in the burn pile, I thought I'd put them out to pasture instead so I gave them a home in the yard in nice compost and expecting nothing from them. One died but three recovered. I decided to push them harder to get every last bit out of them so I gave the big one a few STS treatments. May as well get seeds out of them. They can live on in their progeny :pimp3:

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts