What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honduras sativa

MrFancyPlants

Hello dubi and the crew, I currently have a Honduras growing next to a couple of Panamas and Malawis in their early 10th week of flowering under 11/13. All are outstanding, beautiful plants, each very unique in their terpene expression, and also the look of the flowers. Individual Malawi bracts are quite small but cluster really densely, creating a very fine, elegant look. Panamas (the green pheno) have a much more "bulky" look to them. The Honduras, however, is perhaps the most unusual-looking, with thick stacks of small-ish bracts covered in many long, thick stigmas:

Here's another cola, on the left, next to a Panama:

These look quite different to me, structure-wise. Dubi, I wonder - because of these really large stigmas - if this Honduras could be the late-flowering phenotype?

I'd describe the smell as more woody and fruity-sweet than floral, but it definitely has something in common with the Panama, which is more sharp and incensey but with the same deep, sweet note.

I've already quick-dried and tried some lower bud at 8 weeks, and I must say, the effect is very much what I've been looking for. Surprisingly strong for such an early sample; clear, motivating and focused. It still makes you quite high - just high in a strangely functional, productive way.

I am really looking forward to the finished product. Thank you so much dubi and ACE!

SolarLogos

Hello dubi and the crew, I currently have a Honduras growing next to a couple of Panamas and Malawis in their early 10th week of flowering under 11/13. All are outstanding, beautiful plants, each very unique in their terpene expression, and also the look of the flowers. Individual Malawi bracts are quite small but cluster really densely, creating a very fine, elegant look. Panamas (the green pheno) have a much more "bulky" look to them. The Honduras, however, is perhaps the most unusual-looking, with thick stacks of small-ish bracts covered in many long, thick stigmas:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=81911&pictureid=2032821View Image

Here's another cola, on the left, next to a Panama:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=81911&pictureid=2032830View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=81911&pictureid=2032819View Image

These look quite different to me, structure-wise. Dubi, I wonder - because of these really large stigmas - if this Honduras could be the late-flowering phenotype?

I'd describe the smell as more woody and fruity-sweet than floral, but it definitely has something in common with the Panama, which is more sharp and incensey but with the same deep, sweet note.

I've already quick-dried and tried some lower bud at 8 weeks, and I must say, the effect is very much what I've been looking for. Surprisingly strong for such an early sample; clear, motivating and focused. It still makes you quite high - just high in a strangely functional, productive way.

I am really looking forward to the finished product. Thank you so much dubi and ACE!
Very small calyxes and long pistils are common traits in Honduran. From the description of the smells I would guess you have the green Mexican pheno, which can go 13 or 14 weeks. Regarding the effects, you are spot on. Honduran is like caffeine for the brain. So much focus, clarity of thought, perfect for scheduling your day, getting work done. I grew mine outdoors, so it will appear a little different than yours, but you can see the tiny calyxes and long hairs.

Nice job.
Peace, God bless

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome MrFancyPlants :)

A pleasure to see your indoor sativas, glad you are enjoying with the distinctive traits of each strain ;) Yes, your Honduras female looks like the rare late flowering pheno (as described in the Honduras Breeders Pack). All the Honduras phenos are very hairy (the mexican the most, extremely hairy), but the Honduras rare late flowering pheno has much ticker and robust pistils, you really have an eye for detail.

Please, keep us updated with your progresses, they look fantastic :yes:

MrFancyPlants

Thank you for the kind words, SolarLogos and dubi!

I will say, these are so far without a doubt the easiest, healthiest, most vigorous, and least finicky plants I've ever grown. I was a little afraid of jumping into the pure sativa world indoors. I only have a total of 6 feet to work with, and indeed, height did become an issue and led to some minor light burn until I got wise and bent down and moved the plants around. Other than that, they really seemed to like my amended soil with compost and worm castings, light feeding with worm tea, fish hydrolysate, and kelp in flower, higher humidity (55-60%), and a pair of supplemental UVB reptile lamps. The UVB addition, specifically, was a hypothesis based on higher levels of UV radiation at tropical latitudes.

I kept cuts of the Malawi and one of the Panamas, but not the Honduras, which I now very much regret. Does anyone have any experience or tips for re-vegging it?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi MrFancyPlants,

They are loving your feeding and good cares :)
Happy to hear you are enjoying with your first pure sativa grow, with the right feeding and light intensity, and with enough space our tamed sativa genetics are trouble-free and grow almost by themselves.

To reveg the Honduran try to keep her green until end of flowering, cut the upper part of the plant and all the flowers from the bottom part at harves time, leave as much leaf as possible, place the plant with a growing photoperiod (18/6) and start to feed her gently with growing nutrients, in 2-3 weeks she should produce new branches again, then take clones from them.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on your harvest Carraxe :)

Happy to see so much seed, hopefully they are useful for your breeding projects.

Pure Honduras is not the strongest (especially seeded) but it delivers an energetic caffeine type of effect without ceiling that fades without any comedown, especially the mexican pheno. It's more about the quality of its effects, these type of effects are extremely rare nowadays in western commercial genepool, you will find much stronger effects with Honduras hybrids.

Irotas

It seems like this strain doesn't produce trichomes indoors like it does outdoors. I believe the plants require alot of light intensity during flower for much more trich production, which will help with terpenes as well.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I agree Irotas,

Tropical sativa strains like pure Honduras, pure Ethiopian or Oldtimer's Haze really need the outdoor sun to show their best potential, quality is not the same indoors.

SolarLogos

I have 6 Hondurans going for this year. 3 plants are from my #5 mother and 3 are from my #6 mother. I'm looking for the most NLD, longest flowering phenos and will be breeding towards that trait. Any interesting males or females will stay in the mother room until the next round.
From seed from #5

Continued next post

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
SolarLogos said:
I love this stuff, the clarity of the high is unmatched in my book so far, so focused and caffeine on the brain.

I couldn't taste sinsemilla pure Honduran flowers, but could on a Honduras x Ethiopian cross, to my eye plant structure was like Honduras, but budding ala Ethiopian.

A family member has a neurodegenerative disease, that hurts so badly on acute episodes that cannot even sleep, and the medicines secondary effects are far worse.

All I was stashed on was extreme sativas and hazes, she had told me about a bad (panic episode) experience with Colombian in her youth and I still wanted to help her, so used the Honduras x Ethiopian cross.

Not only the hurting stopped. She was able to sleep perfectly, and the acute episode went away for more than three days, so that jar was "quarantined" to be only for her, who went from an anti-cannabis view, to embrace and love it.

I believe there's something in Honduras (or Ethiopian?, but have the hunch is Honduras) that is good medicine...

Pure Honduran Early Flower
picture.php

Honduran x Ethiopian cross
picture.php

Saying she budded ala ethiopian because of the buds, which are "hairy" (but meaty!) balls, while the way she shooted lateral branches (angle, shape, etc), her fans shape, etc was clearly Honduras to me.

I classified this cross as "medium potency", but found some nugs that were cured for 9 months recently and the potency is superb, super clear effect, not rushy at all, just comfy and positive. Smells to sweet orange dried peels, tastes to deep citric orange/grapefruit.

The favourite of my son too, who fancies really balanced, ying yang, mind-connection effects.

Good for munchies too :biggrin:

Honduras x Honduras
picture.php

Tangwena

Veteran
Seed from #6
View Image View Image View Image
I love this stuff, the clarity of the high is unmatched in my book so far, so focused and caffeine on the brain.
Peace, God bless
Awesome breeding I am sure. I would dig a shot at those seeds if theres any spare wink wink ha ha.
Your descriptions I read somewhere on here were right up my ally.
There are some real gems coming from Ace these days I wish I could grow and select like you can you lucky devil.

SolarLogos

Great SolatLogos
dance013.gif
Really happy to see the pure Honduran growing again this season in your garden and that you are working on your own selections with the line!
thumbup.gif
Thank you Dubi. While every Honduran has been great, I'm sure there are some exceptions to be pulled of this line! Bad news is I only have 1 jar of Honduran left. The good news is she is from 2018!

I couldn't taste sinsemilla pure Honduran flowers, but could on a Honduras x Ethiopian cross, to my eye plant structure was like Honduras, but budding ala Ethiopian.

A family member has a neurodegenerative disease, that hurts so badly on acute episodes that cannot even sleep, and the medicines secondary effects are far worse.

All I was stashed on was extreme sativas and hazes, she had told me about a bad (panic episode) experience with Colombian in her youth and I still wanted to help her, so used the Honduras x Ethiopian cross.

Not only the hurting stopped. She was able to sleep perfectly, and the acute episode went away for more than three days, so that jar was "quarantined" to be only for her, who went from an anti-cannabis view, to embrace and love it.

I believe there's something in Honduras (or Ethiopian?, but have the hunch is Honduras) that is good medicine...

Pure Honduran Early Flower
View Image

Honduran x Ethiopian cross
View Image

Saying she budded ala ethiopian because of the buds, which are "hairy" (but meaty!) balls, while the way she shooted lateral branches (angle, shape, etc), her fans shape, etc was clearly Honduras to me.

I classified this cross as "medium potency", but found some nugs that were cured for 9 months recently and the potency is superb, super clear effect, not rushy at all, just comfy and positive. Smells to sweet orange dryed peels, tastes to deep citric orange/grapefruit.

The favourite of my son too, who fancies really balanced, ying yang, mind-connection effects.

Good for munchies too
biggrin.gif

Honduras x Honduras
View Image

Greetings brother, thanks so much! That is a stunning female for sure. I love the purple in her, must be the Colombian Pheno. I'll shoot you a message, some of those genetics would be nice to add to my line!

Awesome breeding I am sure. I would dig a shot at those seeds if theres any spare wink wink ha ha.
Your descriptions I read somewhere on here were right up my ally.
There are some real gems coming from Ace these days I wish I could grow and select like you can you lucky devil.
Don't worry brother, I'd planned to divert some seeds your way, I know how much we both love our Honduran and Honduran crosses. She outcrossed well with Malawi, I'm sure you will have some Mulanje to cross with her.

MrFancyPlants

Happy growing to all! I love that this thread just keeps going. The plant is definitely worth the attention!

I finally finished my sativa medley grow (ACE Malawi, Honduras, and Panama). All three are great, but I think I got especially lucky with the Honduras. Very vigorous, and the best yielder of the bunch. The terpene profile on it is maybe not as complex or penetrating as the Panama, and while it seems to have the same terpinolene foundation, it evolved to be more floral and organic, rather than vanilla/incense. Here she is at 13 weeks:

I took her down two weeks later, at 15 weeks. Unfortunately, I did not take whole plant pictures at that point, but here's one of the two main colas:

I know this may not seem like a whole lot to a more experienced, or outdoor, grower, but this is legitimately the most impressive single cola I've ever laid my hands on. Flower clusters are a bit on the fluffy side, but I don't grow for weight so I don't actually care. Very easy to trim. The floral structure make it easy to pull off the bigger leaves while the smaller ones just don't get in the way and can be left where they are.

I split the plant into two big parts and hung it to dry inside the tent for a little over a week. I find that jarring at about 68-70% humidity, and then slowly working it down to < 65% over the course of several weeks, helps preserve quality and terpenes. After two weeks of cure, this is already a wonderful, smooth smoke that blows all other plants I've grown to this point out of the water (perhaps with the exception of the Panama).

It's exceptionally smooth, and there is a very pleasant lingering aftertaste after the exhale. The taste is sweet with an interesting fruity or floral quality, but I can't quite put my tongue on it. The effect is something else - very smooth and kind while also energetic and active. Not racy like the Panama can be. The effect stacks to some extent but the most I've done was two joints about an hour apart, so I'm not sure if there's a ceiling. The Honduras is definitely nowhere as strong as some of the modern hybrids I've grown out in the past, if strength is measured by how hard it hits you, but it is definitely plenty potent for active daytime use.

All in all, this is the first plant that I would consider entering into any kind of contest. I am typically my own worst critic, but this is something I can honestly say is "good shit" without any reservations. Huge thanks to dubi and the ACE crew for helping me reach that first milestone of being really, really, REALLY happy with the end result on so many levels. :bow: