What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hombre del Monte's garden.

kaochiu

Veteran
Glad they keep up with the local cup, but… still making it in october? I was a bit disappointed too because of that. At the time, I believed a cannabiscup had room to become a big event. It could be a fit scenario for many reasons. Technically, it was a cannabis cup every thursday in the Orgiva market, I for one gave away seeds by the fistload, cuts were exchanged or given away, discussions on techniques, soils, nutes, new acquitances, activism, complete with stalls, shows and performances.
Anyway, here we go again…
Maka-hala, the problem is they're in their 30’s!

Attachments

• IMG_0652.jpeg
    IMG_0652.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 65

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
The market is not what it was, that's for sure. The "hippie bit" of market is in the main plaza and the main bit of the market is in the car park opposite the Guadia base. You wouldn't recognise the place, it's been smartened up no end.

Lots of things have been happening up at Beni; the mayor is trying to get rid of the alternative crowd.

Everything is a little more discrete than it used to be.

Have you tried the G19 A5 before?; i'm very impressed with it.

kaochiu

Veteran
Green19xA5 as such I never tried. Back 15-20 years I was one of those balloons who went through several packs of hazes, mostly seedsman I think, searching for the proverbial “one in twenty”. Maybe I found the holy grial at the time, but I was too high on many others to notice. Couldn’t be done without my lack of science and overall ignorance. Haze. First time I tried it I paid in guilders and the bud vendor gave me a relaxed speech on its compared virtues while I tried to remain standing. Haze hybrids, plenty. Shantibaba preached, I’d backcross it all 7 times.
As for Beni, I’ve been told something about this last attempt, and saw it featuring in the national news recently. I dunno what the council wants this time, the water for regantes in Las Barreras is a bad excuse, so it must be because of their haircuts. They want another type of tourism, more like the Kardashians. Beverly Hills, Montecarlo, Tablones…
Anyway, they own the land, Some legal, jurisprudential and constitutional rights spring to mind in terms of property before they can be chucked out, and I ain’t no lawyer. Times to blow the caracola.
Here is another old pic with my fancy Olympus 7 megapixels, (paid 60 bucks for it, as new). Soportujar, before the brujas move, seen from Padre Eterno. Btw, el barranco del Padre Eterno was the first hippie settlement there, pre-Beneficio times.

Attachments

• E52884CF-7F9F-4822-8E26-EE5140BCE70E.jpeg
    E52884CF-7F9F-4822-8E26-EE5140BCE70E.jpeg
    117.5 KB · Views: 54

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
We used to live up at Padre Eterno. Beautiful place, but Mrs DM found it to isolated. I loved it!

Soportujar is crazy these days.

I had a friend who lives up the Chico and every weekend he gets people in thier fancy cars stuck on the track; they all try and take a short cut by following Google maps and don't realise the state of the track.😂

Last edited:

kaochiu

Veteran
Yeah, I know the Chico Riviera, the Paris Dakar route avoids it, I've crashed with my motorbike because a groundcrack that wasn't there in the morning. I live now in a very scenic place with dramatic mountain views, also was born in a very scenic place with dramatic mountain views, and still miss the very scenic Alpujarra for its dramatic mountain views. I just could not live on asphalted ground.

kaochiu

Veteran
And I thought we had it bad! We had rain 3 days ago and the mountain tops are white again. More is forecast for the next few days.
We've gone from a pleasant 29c to an absolutely freezing 8c. I've had to bring my little babies back inside the warm house.
I made a small redneck greenhouse with two discarded shower doors and some plastic, and temps were getting down at night to 1-2°C. I thought of bringing them in, but I rather let them get acclimatized from early on. They seem a bit stunned, but fine. Day temps are 15-17°

Attachments

• IMG_0681.jpeg
    IMG_0681.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 34

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Yeah, I know the Chico Riviera, the Paris Dakar route avoids it, I've crashed with my motorbike because a groundcrack that wasn't there in the morning. I live now in a very scenic place with dramatic mountain views, also was born in a very scenic place with dramatic mountain views, and still miss the very scenic Alpujarra for its dramatic mountain views. I just could not live on asphalted ground.
Like you, I'm a country boy; can't beat living in nature. Woken up by the cocktail every morning. 😍

Last edited:

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Outstanding thread Amigo!

you are so blessed to have such a lovely climate for growing cannabis , specifically the sativas

not so fortunate here in eastern Colorado at 37 degrees latitude , any garden out here has to be finished somewhere between Sept 15 and Oct 15

otherwise it is a roll of the dice

couple years ago we pushed some snow leopard to the limit ….after this snow , which we just shook off the plant , and then harvested it two days later

IMG_5849.jpeg

the garden two yrs ago

IMG_7530.jpeg

my Sweetheart and me….( I am holding my sweetheart , the female carbon unit there is my gf 🤡 )

IMG_8143.jpeg

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Beautiful pictures!

I wish I could let my plants go like that! I have to be discreet. 😉

We have some new snow on the higher peaks, but currently the cloud is low and we can't see them. It's forecast to be back to tee shirt weather next week; thankfully. Despite coming from England 10 years ago, I'm a whimp in the cold these days.

kaochiu

Veteran
Hey Big Sur, maybe those trichs need a couple more weeks to get amber! Nice pics, that's what I call ageing with grace, no rush and…and… plenty weed, anyway.
Yo HdM, me too, my bones get frozen under 20ºC, but that's because we are tropical creatures at heart. Must be the coffee. We must cut on coffee. From now on, only bhang for breakfast.
Me, vareando la almendra, circa 2001

Attachments

• IMG_0648.jpeg
    IMG_0648.jpeg
    926 KB · Views: 42

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Bhang for breakfast! 😍😂

I have a traditional recipe for Bhang in one of my very old Indian cook books from 1972!

17116992188677106566484980222211.jpg
17116990852589188402590119091073.jpg

On the occasions I've made it, I replaced the "fresh 1 Oz" with 3 grams of dried. (Serves two people) 😍

Never had it for breakfast; but we do like to eat cob first thing😍

This year, if I remember, i will make some properly with an Oz of fresh. 🙂

I/we would struggle to give up coffee 😂. It's a morning ritual in our humble little home.

Last edited:

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Hey Big Sur, maybe those trichs need a couple more weeks to get amber! Nice pics, that's what I call ageing with grace, no rush and…and… plenty weed, anyway.
Yo HdM, me too, my bones get frozen under 20ºC, but that's because we are tropical creatures at heart. Must be the coffee. We must cut on coffee. From now on, only bhang for breakfast.
Me, vareando la almendra, circa 2001

Chilled almond and garlic soup from the garden. Very nice.

We no longer have almonds where we are now, so I no longer have to climb trees to beat them.🙂

kaochiu

Veteran
Coffee, I curse whoever called that a drug just because it hooks you for life. Five bean to cup espressos a day, four for breakfast and one after lunch and the odd carajillo if in town. As for bhang, must've been 30 years since my last. I have walnuts and hazelnuts here, but neither I climb trees anymore, that photo was just bragging. You been up to the Mulhacen? That's some postcard too.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
5 cups! Of the real deal. Wow that's lot of coffee. I'm usually just two, but this morning I accompanied Mrs DM into the village for a little shopping and called in at one of the bars for just a tostada. The owner is our neighbour and he looks after us; we get the good cheese, the one that comes from his goats that graze on my terrace.😍 I told him I didn't want coffee, as I'd had two already, but he gave us both one all the same and just smiled. 🙂. It pays to be a local. "Local shops for local people"

I've not been all the way up as of yet and over the last 2 or 3 years, I've had a could of issues that have prevented me being as active as I was. Thankfully I'm fighting fit again now, but need a new walking partner.
Sadly Mrs DM has a skeletal issues that prevents her from proper hill walking 🙁

Maria Sanchez

Bhang for breakfast! 😍😂

I have a traditional recipe for Bhang in one of my very old Indian cook books from 1972!

View attachment 18980271 View attachment 18980270
On the occasions I've made it, I replaced the "fresh 1 Oz" with 3 grams of dried. (Serves two people) 😍

Never had it for breakfast; but we do like to eat cob first thing😍

This year, if I remember, i will make some properly with an Oz of fresh. 🙂

I/we would struggle to give up coffee 😂. It's a morning ritual in our humble little home.
That is one amazing recipe book!
I first just read "1 oz" and didn't notice the "fresh" -- was thinking OMG!
Gonna make a copy of this recipe, if you don't mind?