What's new

Holy grail Mr Nice.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
The Afghan x HzC all germed for me FP still have many stored in fact.

The test seed Mango Haze ( 5HzC x SkHzA ) were to wild for most testers they grew and flowered like NH and most culled them so Shanti re worked the MangoHaze so it was more manageable for growers with the released version.

Screenshot 2022-12-01 at 17-58-58 Mango Haze Inbred Generation.png

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Afghan x HzC all germed for me FP still have many stored in fact.

The test seed Mango Haze ( 5HzC x SkHzA ) were to wild for most testers they grew and flowered like NH and most culled them so Shanti re worked the MangoHaze so it was more manageable for growers with the released version.

View attachment 18787179
I’m glad that you have all these old seeds ..please start popping them! :sasmokin:

Piff_cat

i will never understand shantis refusal to show pics of parents and give clear 1 to 1 pedigree including not only the listed parents but also the specific phenotype. yes nevils haze is a5 x c but its the a5 pheno which determines where the particular batch will contain for traits. and weve seen how broad and diverse 69 haze f1s can be. whats so hard about some pictures of the breeder parents? is someone going to crawl thru the computer to steal the genetics? does he imagine these top secret pics will give competitors some type of advantage?? or is the answer the most obvious one- he no longer holds half the shit he claims to and doesnt want to expose his bullshit. remember haze B in la nina?? this behavior is in stark contrast to nevil the guy who gave shaniti credibility to begin with. and yet shits all over him steals his grail name, refuses to supply f1 clones or "haze c" to grail project. when nev finallly got the 97 nh f1s he numbered all of them and with this in mind the incredible diversity contained in the 69 males gave nev plenty of options and he passed those on to us in the form of outback hazes parents nh21 and nh35

nh36

1669902174746.png
1669902221627.png

nh21
nh21.jpg

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
I still dont get it why people say that something is lost over the years. Everything is still in genetic code just need to be found or breed.
If you want 100% sativa take 10 hazes 10 thais and 10 african sativas.
Put them in greenhouse let them all cross without human influence at all.
Harvest plants ,take seeds and start growing.
It will bee long yourney but if you are real sativa head it will be worthy.

Stop grow famous clones go through seeds there are millions of hiden gems that need to be found yet.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
The OutBack Haze parents are Thia/NH21/NH36 that is it full stop.

Were did the NH35 story come from ?

Nevil didn't give shanti credibility the white family line did and who are you to attack any one in this community Piff ?

Nevil gave shanti his plant library and all the HzA seed lines and so much more you have no understanding of what shanti was give to him by Nevil not a clue.

How many breeders out there post pictures of the parental line or even give an honest description of there work most just spin some story together.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I still dont get it why people say that something is lost over the years. Everything is still in genetic code just need to be found or breed.
Simple, because I want what I paid for.
Not just any cross, unless I paid for any cross).
If I pay for nl#5 cut x haze C, i want that.
If I pay for some nl x some haze, it's another ting(That doesn't mean it's worse, in fact, maybe it's better, but it's not what I paid for).
there are millions of hiden gems that need to be found yet.
Of course,the more time passes, and the more I am convinced of it, there is still a lot of gold out there to discover…

acespicoli

Jack Herer »»» Haze x {Northern Lights #5 x Shiva Skunk}
1669902676246.png

Strain: Jack Herer
Breeder: Sensi Seeds
Photo made at: Flowering; Day No.56
Upload date: 14.05.2021
Picture from: alegriaverde

1669902913734.png

Strain: Super Silver Haze
Breeder: Mr Nice Seedbank
Photo made at: Flowering; Day No.68
Upload date: 30.12.2015
Picture from: sunni
1669902952438.png

Strain: Super Silver Haze
Breeder: Mr Nice Seedbank
Photo made at: Flowering; Day No.70
Upload date: 08.12.2013
Picture from: Nushaba

Mr Nice & Neville
1997, 1998, and 1999 High Times Cannabis Cups ?

some examples from the archive over at seedfinder
the Jack was Sensi Seed and the SSH is with MrNice and Greenhouse has it as well fem :/

Green House and Neville
Arjan: [...] I was working with Neville, between 1994 and 2001, I got no other strains from him than Neville’s Haze and Super Silver Haze[...]

Sensi Seed Neville had
1984 Schoenmakers established "The Seedbank."
1991 Schoenmakers sold The Seed Bank to Sensi Seeds where he worked for a short time as their head breeder, before founding the Greenhouse Seed company with Arjan Roskam.
1998, and widely regarded as the most successful modern cannabis breeder with multiple High Times Cannabis Cup wins, Schoenmakers sold his share of Greenhouse Seeds and left the limelight to focus on other interests.

I think Neville said and im sure I will quote this wrong...maybe someone knows where to find it
Just because an painter has all the colors doesn't mean they can paint a Mona Lisa

It seems over the years with genetic drift of hybrids they just like the Mona Lisa need a qualified preservationist to retouch the "colors" so that they do not lose their vibrancy, which is why they would remake the the strains for another release? So not all vintages are the same,,,

1669904368665.png

Need to try Nev Haze Maybe, so whats his best work ?
Two of the best Holy Grails IMO Jack and SSH
can anyone tell me what Haze and Afghani was used in each

Last edited:

RingtailCanyon

Scotty should be flogged with hemp stalks for all the pedigree confusion he has put out and let spread. He has had decades to clear the confusion, instead it is always "the same we have always done it, empty kettle blah, blah, blah" Musashi aka gypsyeyes should be flogged also for being shanti's winged monkey.

Last edited:

goingrey

Two of the best Holy Grails IMO Jack and SSH
can anyone tell me what Haze and Afghani was used in each
Hempy just posted the lineage of SSH on the last page, post 517.. (NL5 x HazeC) x (Skunk #1 x HazeC).

The Haze "C" is a male Nevil selected from Original Haze seeds sold to him by Sam.

The Afghans are the ones used to breed Northern Lights (Steve Murphy's/Kabul?) and Skunk #1 (Sam's/Mazar?).

Lineage of Jack Herer is not public info. But those JH and SSH photos in your post sure do bear a striking resemblance.

Edit: Just remembered Nevil did post JH lineage and according to him it was the same as SSH's "hz C male produced 5Hz1 which won a Cup or 2, this was a daughter of NL5 which won a cup. 5Hz1 when crossed with Sk1x HzC produced Silver Haze which won a Cup. Ben renamed it Jack Herrer". Explains the similarity.. Even if a different Skunk grandmother was used, or different selections were done in the parent generation, they would be very closely related.

Last edited:

Stocktont

Veteran
this quote was posted in relation to Mango Haze Inbred Generation not the test seeds!

this thread:

acespicoli

Hempy just posted the lineage of SSH on the last page, post 517.. (NL5 x HazeC) x (Skunk #1 x HazeC).

The Haze "C" is a male Nevil selected from Original Haze seeds sold to him by Sam.

The Afghans are the ones used to breed Northern Lights (Steve Murphy's/Kabul?) and Skunk #1 (Sam's/Mazar?).

Lineage of Jack Herer is not public info. But those JH and SSH photos in your post sure do bear a striking resemblance.

Edit: Just remembered Nevil did post JH lineage and according to him it was the same as SSH's "hz C male produced 5Hz1 which won a Cup or 2, this was a daughter of NL5 which won a cup. 5Hz1 when crossed with Sk1x HzC produced Silver Haze which won a Cup. Ben renamed it Jack Herrer". Explains the similarity.. Even if a different Skunk grandmother was used, or different selections were done in the parent generation, they would be very closely related.
The ones who still hold the best of the best cuttings and thats would be the orig NL#5 Haze ABC and 70's skunk cuts. You know who you are. That aside the seed lots that are sold contain a high degree of variation.
Be that good or bad is personal preference, breeding thru it is fun and the fast track as Neville said

There can be only one best plant,

That is the fast track to success, like the man said when he sold seeds
people expected every seed in the pack to be a KEEPER

1669917093731.png

1669917129729.png

1669917180658.png

The remarkable quality of a clone, its like a snapshot in time of the entire genetic library and a excellent preservation tool.
1669924965506.png

1669925056141.png

1669925244267.png

There is an entire write up about this strain and interview in a magazine article I read somewhere.
The haze were A,B,C and the affies were A-Z ? The NL#5 I had in 1990 reminded me of grass
Sticky crusty sweet average potency, may not have been a good example
I was a fan of the hazy skunk high, SSH, Jack
Daywrecker or White Widow was my idea of a indica, bed time weed
As far as TSBank prob Black Domina

1669926262769.png

Maybe someone can lend some insight into Nevilles naming of a strain CI#5 F1 which became NL#5?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts