What's new

Hobby Growing with Friends

Frogger

MigrowGrower said:
Ok heres my latest discovery..it relates to a carbon filter experiment I ran before but thought was unsuccessful. I recently got gifted some Jamaican Sunshine from a friend as most of you probably know...this little plant is only 18 days from seed but stinks out my whole growroom. I tried to fix this odour problem by duct taping a piece of carbon filter material over my extract in my mum/clone box which was previously unfiltered...this kept the smell at bay for only a few days..yesterday morning the smell had returned. I done nothing.
In my flowerbox temps can get quite high..I keep them only a few degrees c over ideal by leaving the door in the flowerbox open at night when the lights are on...open enough so there is still negative pressure in the box from my 79cfm extract..hanging in the doorway is what I call my Bullballs filter pictured below. I call it this because it looks like a bulls balls lol.
It's just a toe from a pair of tights filled with granulated active carbon for filtering alcohol. Anyway last night I done my usual routine of opening the flowerbox door shortly after lights on and placing my large desktop oscillating fan blowing through the gap in the door. When I returned to the room the box is kept in about 3 hours later I couldn't smell the JS at all, in fact I smelled nothing. I was a bit confused and had no idea where the smell had gone....until I noticed the bullball s filter swaying in the breeze of the oscillating fan. The only explanation I could think of was that the air in the room the boxes are kept in was getting blown through the bullballs of active carbon and was getting scrubbed and that when the flowerbox was closed during the lights out period the air was no longer being filtered through the bullballs so the smell would return. I put my theory to the test this morning..when I closed the flowerbox door 15 mins before lights out as usual I removed the bullballs and attached it to the oscillating fan so it hangs in front directly in the airflow. I just left this running in the room where the boxes are kept and today there has been absolutely no smell from the boxes whatsoever....even though the "filter" is kept outside of the boxes, it is scrubbing the air in the room the boxes are kept in...this is neat...no more building crappy D.I.Y. filters for me. The important thing about all this is that the bag of active carbon MUST be directly in quite a strong airflow for it to be effective...the airflow must be strong so it can circulate all the air in the room...I just keep my oscillator on the floor in front of the two boxes. The reason the experiment failed for me before is that the
bullballs wasn't in the airflow of the room... all the air doesn't need to be pushed directly through the filter because the carbon attracts the odour molecules with its huge surface area...I don't remember the exact science but it's something like that..The main thing is..it works and works very very well. Also this bag of active carbon has been hanging in my flowerbox for 3 months and still works great.. only maybe 500g too. It would be great if someone would run a trial with this to confirm my findings..

MG
seems like a cool idea :wave:

Last edited:
G

guest5703

I love this Kush #2 she's starting to turn purple now

Pretty sure this C99 I was gifted is legit too

All my sour D is gone, well I am looking at one of two more bowls left :badday:

I have my Sour D ibl clones forming roots today(after about a week) in the bubbler so it shouldn't be too long now! PEACE GUYS

G

Nice shots everyone, keep those pics looking nice!

^little sd ibl mix, yogurt cup still.

Last edited:

PhilCuisine

Mofo SWC/TRON Master
ICMag Donor
my 4 strainer elite clones....

my 4 strainer elite clones....

trainwreck, green crack, s cough, matanuska thunderfuck...hope this helps.

G

guest5703

Damn guys looking great!!!!

HIE those buds look so awesome, no doubt they were from someone chatting with us in this hobby thread????

Phil that looks so sick bro, what are you running them with a 1k? They look like they are loving it, it's gonna be a bucket full of dank!

I harvested a C99 at 48 days, I wanted to test how good it would be with a 8 day flush and early harvest....So far she's not dry so I don't really know but she is so dense man it's not funny, the buds filled out so evenly and equal in time to eachother this is a keeper for life no doubt

How much is bud supposed to lose after it dries? 3 times it's weight when wet? Well this girl weighed 30 grams, just a cup nug ya know ;) haha PEACE

hieagle420

Cannabis Creeper
Veteran
caligreen said:
Damn guys looking great!!!!

HIE those buds look so awesome, no doubt they were from someone chatting with us in this hobby thread????

Phil that looks so sick bro, what are you running them with a 1k? They look like they are loving it, it's gonna be a bucket full of dank!

I harvested a C99 at 48 days, I wanted to test how good it would be with a 8 day flush and early harvest....So far she's not dry so I don't really know but she is so dense man it's not funny, the buds filled out so evenly and equal in time to eachother this is a keeper for life no doubt

How much is bud supposed to lose after it dries? 3 times it's weight when wet? Well this girl weighed 30 grams, just a cup nug ya know ;) haha PEACE

yeah they were from someone here.. i let him speak up if he wants too.. the Sour D was from Killa's beans.taken at 84+ days.probley could have gone over 100 to be fully done with all amber.. tasted like lemon drops but not sweet.. :headbange

and that C99 :bashhead: in the cup is off the hook.. damn i like to have her.. trying to get that jack herrer clone that i smoked.. Keep It Green and Stay Safe..HE

CHILI-- what you hit her up with??? i got 4 Gtard(airbournXPTK) into veg.. still seedling.. cant wait to see what come out of them.. trying to get the Airbourn in seed form for the medical masses.. :jump: :jump: :jump:

Last edited:

nandro

Oh I have a feeling that Jack will land in yer laps, bruv. Best wishes.

hieagle420 said:
taken at 84+ days.probley could have gone over 100 to be fully done with all amber.. tasted like lemon drops but not sweet.. :headbange

Interesting..

Peace,
Nandro :sasmokin:

Chili_berkster

Badass
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dosed the ho with some bluebubble pollen. It's an experimental crossing bro. The male is thus far untested except for the confirmed germination of all healthy seeds soaked. So far 10 of the blueberry and 1 OGkush seedling. Will be abit before hes confirmed but so far so good.

G

guest5703

It's a trip guys I found two premie seeds on that cupped C99!!!! No hermies at all, I believe that the cup stressed her a little, and I guess it wasn't much of a problem, two seeds out of a clone only that woulda been cool if they were done??? or no they wouldnt work who knows?

So off that cup I got 10 grams of dank smoke, quick dried and not the best imo but it was burning white and very smooth still and had a hashy aftertaste which I loved!

hieagle420

Cannabis Creeper
Veteran
mtf-shaman said:
y'all mind if a little frog tags along?? also anyone know why it says i can't post attachments??

:jump: hey you green eyed lady.. long time no see.. glad you found us.. you are always welcome in here hun.. Keep It Green and Stay Safe..HE

are you talking about pics from another site??

Last edited:

killabrown420

hola from costa rica!

i watched the earth's shadow cast itself on the moon while smoking a spliff and drinking the local brew...good start

i brought some random seeds i'll be giving to all the locals i find that blaze w/ me. the sd ibl will soon be in central america...

outame 2

1 out of 10 seeds germed.Womans roses,indoor minatures.Killa,holla at yer homies,and lemme get some beans?All new goods,all bad germ rates.Hell,I'm to the point of quitting...

enjoy costa,I'm hoping to eat tomorrow...

Last edited:

l_d_d

-=KwarE=- said:
Whaddup HiE! Nice to see tha Tang Hz in circulation. I love that girl.

Yo bro!

Good to hear/read things are well with you.

I know I said it before already in this thread but many props and respect for the man finding and spreading his find! Thank you.

Shes still funkin it up here on a regular.

Nice ta see ya round!! Luck with life, youz n yours.

Dozer