What's new

HISTORY OF THE ORIGINAL HAZE

Happyhi: Is it possible the person you think created Haze is deceiving you?:chin: And if Haze is pure Colombian as you say then why do all the Original Hazes that Sam says come from his stock appear to be predominantly Thai?
L33t make a good point there. Hope that Sam comes here himself and tell us otherwise but so far L33t is right.

Not a consistent story.

:yeahthats

amoril

well, happyhi's source admits that the inbred columbian became useless after about 10 generations....

so, it makes sense that for it to have survived, if it is in fact the same line, it had some new blood introduced into it to improve the overall vigor and potency etc....

maybe this is where the mexi / thai / south indian / whatever else people claim is in there has come into the equations?

Maybe the 'original breeder' did drop the work, and others each blended what they had available to them into the haze to improve the vigor, and thats where we ended up with more than one modern variety.

who knows....but I dont see what HH has said as contradictory, in the sense that he only mentions columbian herb...kinda makes more sense to me this way, to be honest.

if i had been inbreeding some badass herb for a few generations, and it started to decline, id try to cross some new but similar blood in, and then inbreed a few times to stabilize out the extreme phenotypes of what I had just introduced, probably....

bigherb

Veteran
HH

its all lov n respect

i was pleasantly surprised too see you were an ot who has smoked the legend

i am thankful for ur contributions the poster ur experience

Sam was a neighbor that got some of the seeds and in early 80's moved to amsterdam and the rest is history.

why would sams lie
how bout his lines he admitts he gave them the famous thai hes said to hav introduced

i have asked you for a description many times of ohaez/hbh

your description you hav given for o.haze is juicy fruit n candy?
aside from the magenta report i think

the sweet side of thai is wats most reported of haze

im not familar wit sweet haze

i believe that nyc haze is a lumbo or hybrid from the first crops reported to be lumoXmex

the best haze ive smoked is frankincense spicy catpiss

Colombian Gold
Highland Oaxaca

both known to hav incense traits

as for sams he posted contradicting info

is this gonna be like a sunken treasure lost forever really after all these years why not tell the story the whole story its real easy i dont see the bother hav a fuckin journalist record report

1luvbigherb

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well, happyhi's source admits that the inbred columbian became useless after about 10 generations....

so, it makes sense that for it to have survived, if it is in fact the same line, it had some new blood introduced into it to improve the overall vigor and potency etc....

maybe this is where the mexi / thai / south indian / whatever else people claim is in there has come into the equations?

Maybe the 'original breeder' did drop the work, and others each blended what they had available to them into the haze to improve the vigor, and thats where we ended up with more than one modern variety.

who knows....but I dont see what HH has said as contradictory, in the sense that he only mentions columbian herb...kinda makes more sense to me this way, to be honest.

if i had been inbreeding some badass herb for a few generations, and it started to decline, id try to cross some new but similar blood in, and then inbreed a few times to stabilize out the extreme phenotypes of what I had just introduced, probably....

interesting :joint:

. his choice to let the
haze bros concept and any other stories live on is in part i think his desire to just
not have to answer any more silly questions.

maybe Sam felt the need of misleading ppl? :chin:

amoril

maybe Sam felt the need of misleading ppl? :chin:

for the record, Im not claiming there is no contradiction between happyhi and SamS....because, there's a few obvious ones, lol.

I just think what HH says makes sense. Occam's razor, one sharp mofo.

bigherb

Veteran
it dont make sense for a grown man a man of his stature to make up stories to mislead others about the most famous strain in history

wat makes sense tho

soo the first crops r from 71 or soo

is he insisting that the haze punta roja is from 61 then 10 yrs lata sams introduced s.indian n thai

'69 was arguing about punta roja versus colombian gold?

thats not the arument

i dont believe ohaze was one pure lumbo

purple haze jimmy hendrix came out in 67

wat you say bout the name n the 10 yrs of inbreeding

im puzzled how that all matches up

1luvbigherb

Well.. would the herb have to be named Haze.. for it to be Haze? I guess I'm saying the guy could have been inbreeding the colum and named it after 5 years or changed the name later on.

happyhi

for the last time, the name was simply an accident that we used from the start.
as to the questions about the haze bros. the originator after finding it joined forces with
another person, who was responsible for the poster and was his partner for years. thus the
haze bros.,but something the originator laughed at. as to the strain, it is according to
him punto rojo seed, at the time it was also known by some as colo gold, but that was my
addition.
as to it being crossed, with others. of course it was, by the time skunkman brought it back he breeded it back life using what i think was a skunk, but not sure.
anyway, there is nothing more to say about it. sorry if it is disappointing but it really
is the truth.
as to sam and hendrix, i can't say. i only know what the guy who named it says.
peace/hh and over and out on this.

t12

why are you ppl all after a strain in such a mad way ? OK it is a special one but it is still possible to create strains like HAZE.

what you have to do is to search for original landrace strains rather than buying genetically f...ed up commercial strains . then you can make your crosses and create much better strains maybe???

so why do many ppl still cross the landrace strains with northern lights, skunk etc. ? to stabilize them? well, that's very commercial isn't it?

you should consider that there are still many different stabilised originial strains around the globe that wait to be discovered. (some unique Turkish and Lebanese hashplants can highly be recomended)

just find the granddaddy growers in the traditional growing areas :)

I also agree with Sam that it is not a good thing to take western strains to traditional cannabis cultivation areas like morocco.

For example : the legendary properties of the fine moroccan hash is changing now because of imported Pakistani seeds.
lebanon has a similar situation and so does Turkey. the new strains ruin the perfect lineage of these landrace strains because the local growers are usually not well informed on the characteristics of them and basically, what they do is to grow old and new starins all togehter and get unknown hybrids!

well, if the situation goes like this, I believe it will be very difficult to find traditional stuff in the near future...

I think, cannabis must be legalised globally and imediately!

E

elmanito

what you have to do is to search for original landrace strains rather than buying genetically f...ed up commercial strains.

Aceseeds, The Real Seed Company, Astur Jaya, Delicatessen seeds & some others

I also agree with Sam that it is not a good thing to take western strains to traditional cannabis cultivation areas like morocco.

Explain this to some of the commercial seedbanks.:wallbash:

Namaste :smoweed: :canabis:

P

ptg

Aceseeds, The Real Seed Company, Astur Jaya, Delicatessen seeds & some others

Hey el manito,i think the real seed company is really different from the others seedbank you are talkin about because all their stock come directly from local farmers,not being breed by westerner in any way.

I think it can't be compared to ace or delicatessen work,wich is more selection based when RSC is raw genetic material.

E

elmanito

Thats correct that The Real Seed Company sells the raw material directly from the local farmers, but the genetics from some Spanish seedbanks especially with several landraces arent contaminated with Dutch genetics as well.Perhaps Charlie Garcia or Dubi can say something more about it.

P

ptg

Your right el manito,i didn't want to misleading about ace's work( or others) it was just to say that their strains are more consistents than what you can expect from a landrace coming direct from a farmer.

Landrace you can buy at spanish seedbanks are more modern ibl than traditionnal cultivar,even if they are not crossed with dutch genetics.

That's why i think RSC and the others company can't be compared.

This said,i want to tell you i have got great respect for those spanish breeders,i know they working with heart( and skills) and they are in the good vibes!

Peace

E

elmanito

I had the Parvati of RSC this year and they are fast in seed ripening.It took about 3-4 weeks before i could harvest the seeds and the only thing i can say it was a wild one with a very nice fragrance (hash & piney).

picture.php

But some Spanish seedbanks has South-American genetics, which RSC dont offer.A bit dangerous to collect your seeds in some South-American countries as a westerner, so i can understand why RSC is not offering them.

It's interesting that they derived the "haze" name from Hendrix's "Purple Haze" when he was in fact referencing a batch of acid distributed at the 1967 Monterey Pop Festival by Bear Owsley.

Nirrity

happyhi it's nice to learn all that! Thanks! There are still some open ears between the loads of def ones so keep bring the truth... all the best to you

jim dankness

It's interesting that they derived the "haze" name from Hendrix's "Purple Haze" when he was in fact referencing a batch of acid distributed at the 1967 Monterey Pop Festival by Bear Owsley.

true, but Hendrix is just referencing just the color of Owsley's acid; i'm pretty sure Jimi added the 'haze'. Owsley was well-known for constantly changing the color of his batches ("White Lightning", etc.)-- i can't remember if it was to set himself apart from imitators or for some other esoteric Bear reasoning. so in 1967, pre-Hendrix song, people would have been talking about the 'Purple Owsley' going around the festival, rather than 'Purple Haze'.

not arguing with you, just adding to the pile of info!

bigherb

Veteran
The Original Hazes never did have much hermis, maybe the Haze with Thai bloodlines had a few

All my best Original Hazes orver the years were late maturing not early

sams

from this post it doesnt sound like one strain

Lets be honest Neville got the seeds from me, but he had promised me that he would not make pure Haze and sell them as such, I told him it was fine to make Haze hybrids with other varieties that were not mine.
He broke his word and started selling Haze pure and hybrids with my varieties, and I stopped working with him.

1luvbigherb
Maybe he lied to avoid the problems that accompany breaking your word?

wat?
ive neva known nev to sell pure haze

Haze - the name? Hendrix "purple haze is on my brain" thats where Haze
comes from

As far as I know Purple Haze was about Owsley acid sweet purple tabs, maybe. But for sure it is not Purple Haze pot.

sams

To be honest the purple Hazes were maybe stronger but not as clear or as up and high. I liked the lime greens with maybe a bit of Thai blood. I do remember a med dark purp Haze that tasted just like root beer, amazing. I also had a Kerala that tasted just like Vics Metholated it was Camphor for sure, strong as hell but not as clear as I like.
I grew mex seeds from a bag of weed in 1965.

-SamS

Purple Haze was Original Haze with Columbian bloodlines

sams

bigherb,
"sam can u describe the ohaze smell n taste?"

Fruity, Sweet & Sour, Rootbeer, Cola, Chocolate, very /resinous hashy smell and taste.

Yep, the red sap is supposedly why the Colombians called it Punto Rojo, and have seen it in the finer more pure leaning Punto Rojo's so I think it could be true. Possibly a sign, that perhaps a few different types of colombians were used by the bros in the haze's creation.

Bluebeard

I picked up 4-5 15 packs of "original haze" from positronics in '95, as well as sk1, bred for earliness "hand pollenated by the skunkman" At any rate I'd like to get down to it Sam. Most of the Dutch hazes used in hybrids seemed to me from earlier f1 Mexican Colombian stock? A bit more sawn teak/leather of a flavor than the majority of Thai dominant citrus Haze I seemed to have aquired?

he neva replied to mr hill on this note either

no comments on incense for sams

Latest posts

Latest posts