What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hey ICMag! We are Lush LED Lighting!!!

magiccannabus

Next Stop: Outer Space!
Veteran
Some of my comments vanished from this discussion. I didn't violate any rules with any of it, though I did question the believability of some of the claims presented here. That's very disappointing. I thought IC Mag was a place we could really have reasonable discussion without censorship on behalf of sponsors. Its not the end of the world or anything, just extremely disappointing.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Phychotron

I never said anything about doing a 4'x4' with one light.
So... at least make a valid point when your telling someone what they didnt say. I said I have a 3'x3' or 4'x4' area to do a SOG in.

Dominator 2x is meant for 3'x3... but will still provide a shady 4'x4'

Dominator 2x XL is for 4'x4' intense.

Thanks come again.

Last edited:

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
I apologize for my lack of filter on my speech. I am just intending to break the tension by being silly. No harm intended guys :)

Last edited:
Hi Phychotron,

I appreciate your opinion. I would like to note that Advanced changed their frames to look like ours last year, they did not always have that frame. But that's okay. It's not the frame we care about, it's what's inside that counts. It's the spectrum. And that's what's important. Our spectrum is genuinely proven. As for the rectangle footprint, there is a reason for some to be confused by that. We've gotten that question before. Simply, the light doesn't spread out in the shape of the panel. It begins as a rectangle and as you move further away, it forms a square at the optimal distance that your light should be from canopy. We use 60º, 90º and 2x lenses to create our footprint. We know we can't sway anyone with words so we post photos of the results we get. Trust me, we won't let our technology become outdated. We put in three years of r&d before we released our first light and we already have the next upgrade about ready to launch. Thank you for your time to read all of this. :)

Renae

Last edited:
Good evening Mikenite69,

I don't take anything personal. I know that LEDs have gotten a bad wrap. We joke that we're like salmon, swimming upstream against the flow of negative stigma that LED has gotten early on. The technology has come a long way. I have seen it many times with my own eyes how they compare to HID in flower. That's one thing we focused on was yield. We've had amazing results. Again, I can't talk anyone into it. Hopefully someday down the line someone you know personally will be using Lush and you'll get to see it firsthand.

Magiccannabus,

Sorry to hear you may have been censored. I haven't read anything from before page two because I took over the ICMag account and Sam was the one who created this thread. I haven't seen any of your previous comments. Maybe try again?

Renae

Mikenite69

Veteran
Hey lush lighting I don't doubt led technology at all. The only reason I haven't jumped on board to spend 12 to 1,500.00 for a light is because most panels you would need two to get great coverage in a 4x4 area. That's really my only arguement oh ya and that the growth rates of a led versus hid or gravita are not comparable. I just have watched led grows have vegged with led panels myself and my hid light will blow away a led panel in upward growth.

The positives I do get from led panels is sqaut plants That love to branch on there own with barely any topping.. They also help me keep clones manageable while I am flowering plants in my tent.

LEDs are great I won't deny that at all. I guess I would have to see one hell of a grow done with 1 panel that yields great for me to switch my flower tent to LEDs that's all.

Otherwise I do like LEDs I am not a hater I use them on a daily basis. I do hope I get to see a accurate great grow with lush and hey maybe I'll make that leap to get myself one.

Thanks for all the info and responses.

Phychotron

and my hid light will blow away a led panel in upward growth.

Vertical growth/stretch is influenced by the ratio of red:infrared. When another plant is close by, the ratio changes as the leaf absorbs and reflects different amounts of those, signaling it is near another plant and needs to compete and stretch.

I'm not sure of the exact science behind it, but I'm assuming that because HID's have a lot more IR, that if you wanted more stretch with LED you'd supplement some IR diodes to the side and get comparable results.

Hi Phychotron,

I would like to note that Advanced changed their frames to look like ours last year, they did not always have that frame.

... the next upgrade about ready to launch

Could you post an up to date photo of the case? The ones on the website and in your avatar are the same basic desgin the Diamond Series has used since 2011.

Clone or not, that case was good for the time, but not good for the future. Although it was good for 2011 with some of the first finned aluminum heat sinks, their is still not enough to properly cool the diodes.

I hope your next design is at least modular. I'm not denying that the light could produce bud, just that the thing is overpriced and makes some extraordinary claims. I'm not too hip on the marketing.

I'd like to see some technical data that reflects your claim about your footprint. I see the color graph but that does not give numbers. I just cannot get over the inverse square law and the way light combines intensity as it overlaps.

and your fixture is garbage

Riiiiigghhhhhttt....
laughing.gif

picture.php

Hey renae

If u look back in the thread to post 17, Sam was talking of a smaller sized product that was going to be a little more micro-grow friendly that you were hoping to get into production first of the year. Just curious how that is comming along. Also curious if you got my pm's that I had sent to Sam from that time frame? Also I believe I saw you say something about a retail store opening up...is that in niles?

Mikenite69

Veteran
Hey phychroton I am not talking just at the flip of 12/12 and stretch. I am talking all around when I veg with my 1k metal halide I see anywheres from 1" to 3" of growth daily when plants are happy as can be in there environment. I have yet to see this happen with any led panels.

But like I have said LEDs overall I like better for vegging because of how the plants respond to them. My plants love to bush out under LEDs and are just overall manageable when I am flowering for two months. I am able to keep my clones at a reasonable height with LEDs and not overgrow the shit out of them comparing if I was vegging with my 1k halide.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Damn bruh, my CFL buds are fatter than those, and that was with like 5+ fixtures lol.

I'm just messing with you woman.

Its all love in the Lush family guys!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Phychotron

Damn bruh, my CFL buds are fatter than those, and that was with like 5+ fixtures lol.

:laughing:

You must be CFL master to have nuggets like that on day 37 of flower... Bravo! How many fixtures/bulbs/watts of CFL would you recommend for dense nuggets? I've only seen mediocre and leafy buds just CFL's, although I was never that into them like you. I always saw CFL's as amateurish and a way to boost poor light sources.

Show me a Lush LED bud that compares to this, day 48:
picture.php

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
picture.php

Heres proof that Lush are putting these lights into peoples hands.

picture.php

picture.php

I can't even put in words how far this thing exceeded my expectations.....

0 heat, actually blows cool airs from the vents.

You can feel the power/heat of the lights rays thats about it. It feels like sticking your hand outside to feel the sun.

It DEFINITELY does exactly as they say it does. a STRONG 3'x3' footprint from the 435w Dominator 2x.
Its all about letting the plants get some distance from the light so the colors can blend.

Last edited:

magiccannabus

Next Stop: Outer Space!
Veteran
You must be CFL master to have nuggets like that on day 37 of flower... Bravo! How many fixtures/bulbs/watts of CFL would you recommend for dense nuggets? I've only seen mediocre and leafy buds just CFL's, although I was never that into them like you. I always saw CFL's as amateurish and a way to boost poor light sources.

Have you ever seen the "High Pod"? Here's a link to the results:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=92259&page=9

Phychotron

Well yea, you essentially have 200 high powered flashlights all focused on one spot. Have you ever looked at a flashlight in the store and it lets you try it, but the light is pointed to a mirror designed to shine directly into your eyes. Even the lower powered ones blind you because it shined directly into your eyes. These are focused diodes, thats what LED does to your white wall 10 feet away. Your proud of your light, I got it.

Your talking about the light like its the only LED fixture out there. I have no problem with it other than the price, marketing and aged design that makes it not sustainable over the 10 year period because its near impossible to fix (i.e. non modular.) Just wait till a row of diodes goes out on the thing and you'll start to understand. I advise everyone to avoid non-modular fixtures and those which use inadequate heat management.

Something LED manufacturers have been slowly realizing is that they need to invest in the block of aluminum, as THAT is the key component on how hot they run.

Go look at your light and you'll notice the heat sink is not fully covering all the diodes, there are a few at the ends that need some aluminum. Its good, its finned, but its not enough.

picture.php

Compare to GrowBlu which has a thicker heat sink and covers all the diodes.

picture.php

Mikenite69

Veteran
Very nice light dr. Young looks like a good quality light and damn that thing is huge! It's nice to see actually pictures of it and not on a video where it isn't shown to well.

Well when you get your grow going dr young link me to it would love to follow along. That is also very nice of lush to put that light into your hands.

Hey Lush very nice job on that light! Can't wait to see what she can do. Hopefully that light will change my opinion of current LEDs for use in flower. I know it will do a good job but I hope it does a great job! I could use money back into my pocket from electric cost being I live in 1 of the 2 most exspensive states for electric and one is medical and one is not. Lol.

I'll be watching closely.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Pycho... Trust me.... 4 120mm fans, and a 35" heatsink is PLENTY..
I watercool, overclock, and KNOW how to manage heat from electronics.. I've been building computers since I was 14-15. Heat is the #1 killer for electronics.
This light blows cool air from the vents! My 9'x9' room temperature doesn't even raise with this 435w light running. Even a 150w HPS would make this room
get over 90*F

Last edited:
Hey everyone...wow, a little overwhelmed for reply. Yes, I think Dr.Young is certainly a passionate one, lol. We admire his enthusiasm :)
HerBnGorE(illa), yes, a Lush Lighting retail store here in Niles. We'll also be offering other hydroponics items. Stop by if you get the chance! As for the newest model, I'm pretty stoked! I can't reveal anything but we should have our first prototype out by Christmas. It's not going to look the same.
Hey, I have to show you all an awesome photo I just stumbled across in my Lush grown album. I thought it was impressive.

Phychotron

Pycho... Trust me.... 4 120mm fans, and a 35" heatsink is PLENTY..
I watercool, overclock, and KNOW how to manage heat from electronics.. I've been building computers since I was 14-15.....

If you had another unit to compare to you would find that the units with the larger heat sink run much cooler. Were not trying to increase cycles per second and speed a processor up here, were trying to run the diodes at optimal temperature. The diodes that run hotter than they are suppose to become less efficient and have a shorter lifespan.

Bravo, you've got a year or two experience with computers.. I'm impressed. How long have you had your LED?