What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hempy Bucket STYLE!!!

Anyone know if you can put the LARGE rockwool cubs on TOP of a large bed of Perlite and if that would work for growing? Trying to conserve some space and have some large flood tables with no holes in it.

Seedlin

How did the cuttings you put in jiffy pods work out? My first cloning project was a bust. And how do you put shch large pics on here. I like that.

How did the cuttings you put in jiffy pods work out? My first cloning project was a bust. And how do you put shch large pics on here. I like that.

One of three jiffy pellets made it
I kind of neglected them so it was not fair go at it. My other clones are stellar. Once I started feeding. I'm doin all sorts LST, topping,supercrop. Hoping to get some better yields 2nd time around. I post few pics tonight.
As for pics, upload the photo to ur gallery as normal. Go into ur gallery and click on pic u want. It should open up full pic, at the bottom is a code starting with copy n past that on ur reply and u got full sized. They will automatically resize if its bigger than 900 pixel I think. Hope this helps.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

day 54 flower

day 54 flower

Happy father's day all dads. I've got my two daughters for weekend so I'm a happy camper!

The buds are moving along great so I think. I. Noticed alot of new white hair growth on WWxBB on top colas I believe this is BC I upped the dose of my awesome blossoms (PK) last week as I read some ppl do. Its only 54 days from light switch and I'm still not seeing many amber trichs at all.I have began to gradually cut back the nutes before cutting.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

These buds onbWW are smelling super funky and of course are covered in trichs. Mostly cloudy a few clear and only a dozen or so amber.so I'm thinking she still has some time left.
picture.php

My other two super silver haze are doing great. Alot of white hair growth on them too. They still look young though and look many weeks off. They smell like a skunky lemon tree.yea! Overall I'm super stoked I grew something this funky my first time.and I absolutely love every part of it! Growing has always been an interest of mine. I started wit tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, watermelon.,squash etc.. and have moved on to more skilled fruits..cannabis. I love it man.

clones day 29 veg

clones day 29 veg

The clones are doing great. I topped two of them super cropped two of them. And lst'd 3 if them. I am going to get more perlite and xplant a few if them to larger containers.
picture.php

picture.php

now one of them I have not done anything with . Its a wwxbb clone but looks nothing like it. Instead of branches growing opposite they are alternate. The bottom leaves have 3 fingers and top are all single bladed.
picture.php

picture.php

Any idea?? These babies are gonna be perfect for flower when others get done!! :)....killa

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Congrats, Matty McGreenthumbs :D you are a better man than me holding out, drying your bud properly. I never get to properly sample the 'earliest' plants of a given run, cause they get dried up and smokey-dokeyley'd.

How is your room doing with the heat? I have to run bloom at night since ~6 weeks ago.

day66 flower

day66 flower

Congrats, Matty McGreenthumbs you are a better man than me holding out, drying your bud properly. I never get to properly sample the 'earliest' plants of a given run, cause they get dried up and smokey-dokeyley'd.

How is your room doing with the heat? I have to run bloom at night since ~6 weeks ago.

What's up there. Brother B? Hope u been keeping it chill homie. No other way... things have been going pretty good for a noob. Hermies but what u expect. I have been doing everything to try and keep these babies cool. I bought window AC unit few months back but it doesn't run during the day when I'm not here. So I take my carbon filter off(been off last few days) and when I'm at work I crack doors and put a fan right in front of closet. My bedroom gets bout 81-83 and plants are getting 84-87 tops. Not much else I can do. I'm upstairs and only one AC vent for whole upstairs and of course the thermostat is downstairs. Anyways it has been to bad here yet only 2 or 3 days so far at these Max temps. Norm is 80-83 in closet.wat u got goin on? I will swing by your thread l8r

Now for some greenhouse updates from plant paradise .. wwxbb is coming along beautifully. I have begun giving it less nutes,preparing for a final flush. I'm at about50-60% milky trichs. Still not very many amber ones. I have not had a yellow leaf on this plant in weeks and it really doesn't look at end of its life yet. Wait I shall
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Sorry for sideways pics. Every time I upload pics are sideways even if I rotate them idk can't figure it out.here's. A shot of the 2 SSH and 1 wwxbb.

picture.php

here's My super cropped super silver haze . Look at all colas! This is what I want everytime. Thus, what I'm working on in my latter pics
picture.php

Last edited by a moderator:
more SSH...
picture.php

picture.php

The SSH both ate taking on different phenos. The big one is alot darker green and alot more leaf matter on plant. They do differ between the two taken from same packet of seeds.I will take few pics of smaller SSH tomorrow to show.everything ended up getting pollinated somewhat. O well. Better luck next time.which is soon.
now for my veg closet update.
picture.php

Things are pumping under the t5. With only 75w in it at the time . I xplanted my tallest SSH clone to larger container. I have it under a 32w 6500k CFL. I also xplanted my snow cap and sour diesel seedlings to 2L hempys! as for rest I'm playing with lst. And they are all starting to take shape nicely. Will xplant them when I get desired shape 1-2 wks.Check em out
picture.php

picture.php

My veg progress is awesone i feel.I got few buds of WW slow drying and gonna cure right way. Hard to wait til she's done
Hope everyone is feeling irie. Get your head right!

Doobie-us

Great thread!

I'm going to be doing a straight chunky perlite Hempy with LR2.Have you guys reached a consensus on what is the best to germ your seeds in so that you can then plant in your Hempys? Rockwool cubes,Jiffy pellets,or rapid rooters?Which medium tends to work best?

G

Guest 142956

I tend to germinate in the blue shop towels in a plastic baggie. I then put them in a 32 ounce cup 50/50 perlite and spaghnum peat moss. I let them send roots to the bottom of this cup and then transplant into my all perlite hempies. Of course I feed them while they are in the cups.

Rockwool didnt work well for me. Jiffy pellets usually have a soil medium in them so if ur doing hempys i wouldn't advise them either. The rapid rooters seem to work best for me. They are well aereated and i thing this helps roots form better....

Left closet door open on accident few nights ago. And i find myself a monkey picking nanners off WWxBB. I THINK 7 more days and hopefully she be ready too cut. Is it possible that the trichs will never turn amber. Bc i been looking at cloudy trichs for weeks now and they dont seem to be changing. Would fact that it sprouted nanners have anything to do with resin production?

the ssh are doing great. Smell like a lemon and a skunk mated if possible. U kno wat i mean. Its funky. Still frw weeks off from cutting. Will have pic updates soon. Happy day stoners!:D

My wwxbb has turned into a nanner infestation. Idk. Trichs were not turning amber. So i think cut it down is best option tomorrow??? To prevent my 2 ssh from any pollination? I need some advice. I been picking them for 3 days. They r still everywhere and i fell like im damaging the bud.... ??:confused:

Monster cropping

Monster cropping

I didn't even realize what i was doing with thos clone til about week ago. This was the single bladed one i was asking bout.view replies back. Kodiak calls it monster cropping. And man is it a lil monster. Colas will be everywhere. Just had to show her off. Im happy with all of them they are taking great shape just had show this one View attachment 172972 View attachment 172973 View attachment 172974

Last edited:
SO im a little confused and in ? Right now. My WWXBB is 75 days from 12;12 switch. From what I've read on this strain it should be close to rdy. But i am seeing very little yellowing in the leaves and not many amber trichs. Someone described to me that the plant will look like its eating itself when ripe.(dying) minr is still pretty green and healthy. My biggest problem is that nanners are showing up everywhere. I want the bud to br as potent as possible but i dont wanna fuck up my other ssh. Here's few. Pics. If anyone has advice please input. My other big problem is i have no smoke and am super antsy to cut and get my own smoke. Oh btw the tester branch i dried and cured for 48 hrs. Had a nice mid grade high to it.taste could been better but i kno that comes with time. View attachment 173347 View attachment 173348

And ps.. any android users. I just found a kick ass strain encyclopedia app. Its called LEAFLY and it kicks ass. Chk it out!!

Last edited:
day 83 flower

day 83 flower

All things are good on the homefront. I made some hash yesterday for my first time. an experiment it was. I'm pretty pleased with the finished product for being my first time. some of it I did not wait long enough to scrape it and it still gooey.(right) and the better dry stuff is on the left.
picture.php

I finally have a pic update for the smaller super silver haze plant. I haven't been updated pictures for it very often because it's a small plant and its in the back. I'm giving birth the super silver haze plans nothing but water for the last 5 days. I plan to cut sometime next week. if it were up to me I'd let it go 12 or 13 weeks but its not my call. my roommate says it has to go
SSH #2
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Sorry for the sideways pics again I am uploading from my phone and it will not rotate pictures.and the big daddy SSH #2
picture.php