What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hempy Bucket STYLE!!!

Hi Matt. GM1's my mate and he's a dam good grower. I show his work for him here on IC.

Place your thermometer anywhere on the wall say mid height. The only noticable temp change would be directly under the lamp. When growing from regular seeds you gotta expect males and it's good you noticed him in time.

The shelf's holes are too small for scrog btw. Don't let people dictate who you should be talking to. You are your own man. Peace.

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Dude, crushing your first :) Everything that pops up you are on top of, and on the cheap - I LOVE IT!!!

You could use that shelf for a scrog, but even I think that would be too complicated right outta the gate hahaha!! :) I don't see if you flipped to 12/12 yet, but I have no issues supercropping (breaking the stems) or topping in flower, up to the end of stretch. I don't like fimming anymore, because it's too unpredictable. I could end up with anything from mangled leaves and still one top, to 6+ tops. A simple "top" job with the scissors leaves 2 nice even tops.

Oh, I got a text from your plants. They told me to tell you that they love you, too :D

Dude, crushing your first :) Everything that pops up you are on top of, and on the cheap - I LOVE IT!!!

You could use that shelf for a scrog, but even I think that would be too complicated right outta the gate hahaha!! I don't see if you flipped to 12/12 yet, but I have no issues supercropping (breaking the stems) or topping in flower, up to the end of stretch. I don't like fimming anymore, because it's too unpredictable. I could end up with anything from mangled leaves and still one top, to 6+ tops. A simple "top" job with the scissors leaves 2 nice even tops.

Oh, I got a text from your plants. They told me to tell you that they love you, too

I told those bitches to not be texting any onr else.. lol. Thanks dude I appreciate that. Coming from someone of you'r caliber. Thanks pat.

On a more serious note, crazy .accident at work today has left my boss in critical condition. One of our landscaping trucks clutch gave out on a hill and he got pinned between two trucks. Internal bleeding. Crazy day keepp him in prayers plz

Well as far as my little girls they are great. Keeping a very close eye on temps since putting the 250 in. I got A little toy today

It days it's accurate to 2 degrees. So I checked out my whole room. The Max thermometer has Max at 82 to 83 last few days.I checked the tops of the plants and they all read between 81 and83. Gonna get up to 90 here this wk so keepin closet cool is a big concern. The clones are doing so so. Not seeing any roots I took cuts I had taken from male I just found andpulled it out of rockwool and nothing just rot. Doesnt look like any roxkwool are gonna root.The rapid rooter one was fone. Looks like rockwool it's just rotting.I was super carefully not to overwater. Idk. Not big deal. My roommate is getting big time cold feet so idk if any more grows are gonna happen. I will be happy if I get this harvest and grow rest of seeds I bought. Harvest that and hopefully have enough. To pay for equipment I bought $600 and a cuple .jars full of personal medicine.. it will be a shame bc I really feel like I can become a master cultivator

Here's. A shot of the stretch. Confirmed female parts on all remaining plants. O how I love them female parts!!:dance013:

plz bear wit me I posted from my phone. That's y all grammar mistakes. Keep it gteen

Not much success with rockwool cubes only had 1 out of the 4 cubes root. Thankfully it was the super silver haze. I see no visible roots on the rapid rooters but I gave them a gentle tug on the stem and they did not budge. The three to the left are white widow cuttings that were taken 5 days ago. The rest of the cuts are in 12 days old now. Not much luck with rockwool.
View attachment 164617
View attachment 164618

Temperatures got up to a high of 84 degrees today in the closet. My room got up to 80 degrees today which will probably be the hottest it gets the rest of the summer. I know it is optimal to keep the temps at 80 degrees is 84 degrees too hot? I've noticed last few nights the humidity has gotten up to 80 percent while in dark. Its been muggy here so I'm assuming that's why. I am watering the plants every 36 hours. will this eventually lead to everyday watering? Going to the pet store tomorrow to get a dechlorinator and hard water treatment . As well as some ph down it's a helluva lot cheaper than the grow store. This last pic is random it is a painting by an artist whos is in my area. my mom got it for me for my birthday a couple years ago just wanted to share. Its one of my faves...
6cd918cc-82aa-2e06.jpg

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Your getting there brother :good:

I hate rockwool for cloning or growing , check out the walmart cloner thread or the cloning in coco thread , both are a much better way of getting good clones , i'm at 90 to 100% with both methods . i'll get links to them for ya in a bit .

Love the Morrison painting :biggrin:

:plant grow: :smoke out:

Day 11 Flower

Day 11 Flower

Well and update on the plants. Im trying all i can do to keep them cool. This is more of a whole upstairs being cool. Im going out tomorrow and buying a window unit. I had no idea it got this beastly hot upstairs this time year. The plant tops have gotten no hotter than 85. I have been checking with my nifty thrifty infared thermometer. The humidity thing i think i solved. I was cutting my inline fan and filter off for the majority of the night while girls where in darkness. I think this is what was causing the high humidity. No airflow out. Bc i turned fan on all night last night and the closet got no higher than 65% humidity. Think im gonna keep it on 24/7 from now on.

Went to pet store and saved about 15 bucks on my water treatment stuff. I got a dechlorinator and heavy metal remover, and some ph down. PH'd my plain water to 6.0. No need for nute solution as its 6.08. I will however use the dechlorinator on all water from now on. This was a suggestion from my pal who sold me the light. He's been growing 12 years and these were his reccomendations on my water.

Still watering every 36 hours. The buckets are completly dry (think this might be bc high temps) when i water again. Everything is going swell though. Sorry about the pics . No laptop for week doing everything from the phone and it does not rotate pics. Ready for some buds!!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

G

Guest 142956

Plants veg very well in higher than wanted temps but flowering is a different situation.

LOOKIN healthy bro, great progress!!
Thanks dude!! i am pretty proud of myself. I am an avid gardener outdoors with vegetables and fruits so i knew it wouldnt be too hard.

Plants veg very well in higher than wanted temps but flowering is a different situation.

This is one of my major concerns!! So I went out unplanned yesterday and got Window AC unit. Temperatures in my upstairs apartment got to like 85 the last few days so I told my roommate i had to get one. Got a 6000 BTU for 55$ at pawn shop. Blows COLD! I have it in my daughters room which is attached to mine.(where the grow closet is) SO this will help with temperatures somewhat. I have also been leaving my closet door cracked so room air can get in. What is the maximum i want to let them get? here are highs/lows for last few days. m-64/81 t-70/84 th-77/84 fr- 79/86 sat- 77/86 and today is 75/82. humidity has been peaking around 60-65%.

As I stated before I got a dechlorinator and hard mineral remover which I've been using everytime. As well as adjusting any needed PH between 5.9 and 6.2. I plan on plucking few more fans from The MGIRL that i defoiled in veg. After the stretch. but i cant really tell when that is. How long does it normally take and what signs do u look for. Anyway, I want to get these colas as juicy and fat as possible,.
Here are the Girls: SSH on the right is the runt from way back ago. Its about 1/3 as tall as the other SSH and has not done much stretching She is 23". WW on the right Is 28". Only plucked one or two sets of lower leaves in veg. I am trying to tuck and tie the shade leaves back for better light penetration
picture.php

the buds r comin
picture.php

SSH on the left is 40" and still growing,so it seems. have not touched one leaf on plant and prob wont. MGIRL on right is 32". Defoiled all fans before flip and will do same after stretch.
picture.php

MGIRL She's got some purrty lil hairs coming everywhere!!
picture.php

SSH
picture.php

Day 14 FLOWER

Day 14 FLOWER

Its starting to fill out in here big time. I am impressed with the bud development and overall health of the plants they seem great!!
picture.php

picture.php

Took few more cuts 2 days ago. Used rapid rooters. Think im gonna throw rest of rockwool away it sucked for me. I have some major roots on the three surviving cuts from 2 weeks ago. Going to put them in some HempySOLO cups to veg under t5 for a while. Still waiting to see roots on the others.
picture.php

picture.php

Hope everyone had great cinco de mayo yesterday. I know i sure did. Keep it green guys!! Smoke two joints before i smoke two joints then i smoke two more!!

p.s. anybody ever heard of using epsom salts for magnesium deficiencies? not that i see any in my plants i was j/w..

G

Guest 142956

I use epsom salts all the time. 2 teaspoons per gallon is not too much to treat a deficiency. I commonly add 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons per gallon in with my nutes every time i use them. Your temps are not too bad, at the upper end of what I like though preferring 70-78 degrees. My humidity last run stayed up there even past 70% and all seemed well but I had a lot of ventilation going on.

I'm using technAflora magiccal. Would I need the Epsom with using this?all I see on bottle is 1.25% magnesium. I'm using 1/2 tsp per gallon which is the recipe for success. By the chart. Didn't know if i should use it with what I got if I see no defeciency. Thx bro.

Got some hempy solos started wit my cuts!:D

Last edited:
G

Guest 142956

If you see not deficiency then your fine. I never liked the products that combine magnesium with calcium. Magnesium won't cause any lockout issues but too much calcium can cause problems with phosperous uptake.

Awesome info thanks man. I actually think I start to see a deficiency now. here's a shot of a couple leaves from lower section of the plant.
View attachment 165672
Got Epsom already so I'm covered. The ladies are very beautiful. Budding up big time. Did some super crop (pinch) on the one SSH that won't stop growing. Tied it down as well.this is awesome. White hairs everywhere especially on white widow. Started flower mute formula today. I plan on using overdrive from AN as well. Col yellow leaves today otherwise no problems they r sucking up this 400w
SSH
View attachment 165673 View attachment 165674
WW
View attachment 165675 View attachment 165676
Got my fan mounted on wall this is small honeywell fan. Much better circulation on wall!!
View attachment 165677

Last edited:
G

Guest 142956

Your WW is much more sativa looking than the cuttings I ran a while back. The WW I had was a real stinker/skunky smell that took a lot to hide.

Hallelujah from mary jane land!! The buds are here! Stretch seems to be over in every one. and white hairs have infested the plants. The bagseed MGIRL plant is turning out stunning see for yourself.found few seed buds coming in plucked them quick like. I'm guessing because if defoil I did.
View attachment 166098 View attachment 166099
The white widow shooting out bus everywhere
View attachment 166100 View attachment 166101
And the big super silver haze. No pic of Runt doesn't have many buds yetbut there coming
View attachment 166103 View attachment 166104
My mini SOG. View attachment 166105
IM LOVING THIS MAN.hell of a hobby. temperatures have been nice and cool here the last few days so the plants are booming getting no higher than 76 degrees during the day. Humidity no higher than 65% norm is around 48%. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the sugar daddy nute if it was a necessity or not. I'm about out and don't know if I will get more if I'm gonna use overdrive in a week or two.??

Last edited:
My cuts I just Put in solo hempys. More ww and ssh. Got of lush sour diesel and snow cap germinating. 1 seed of each hope success is great.
picture.php

someotherguy

Veteran
high Seedlin, your seed plants look awesome, kudos.

...and good luck with the cloning, once you get a handle on it, it ain't so hard.

...if the run doesn't go as well as you'd like you might want to take smaller cuts next time, ...it makes more of a difference than you'd think.

...as an example, here's a couple shots of some clones as i take them out of the cloner, ...note how much smaller mine are than yours.

picture.php

picture.php

...if you want to take cuts of that size then i'd recommend you learn to clone in straight coco which is, essentially, the same sort of passive wicking tech anyway so works in much the same way.

...note that these are similar in size to the ones you took.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

anyway, like i said before, good luck with your cloning and if you have any trouble there are many other ways to skin this particular cat.

peace, SOG