What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hempy Bucket STYLE!!!

day 21 flower

day 21 flower

I had no problems cloning. other than the rockwool staying 2 moist and getting no roots. Use rapid rooters. Alot better. I am definitly gonna try n do that cloner. Looks so simple. After 48 hours my seeds have half inch long taproots. So I put them in some rockwool and put em in the dome. 1 seed of each. Og kush is only feminized seed so ishope my luck is good. Can anybody help me with what deficiency this is. I watch videos and they were a huge help but I still can't put my finger on it. Buds are still beautiful and healthy. These are few leaves from Lower growth.
picture.php

and the buds white widow
picture.php

picture.php

looks like WW AND MGIRL will be done few weeks before SSH
picture.php

keep it green guys.

72 hours later and seeds are germinated.. in the rockwool with cotyledons coming out.soaked them in water for 24 hr then paper towel for 24 then in rockwool for 24. FastestI've ever germinated. Thanks ICMAG forums!!!
picture.php

other 3 are cuts I took today trying out jiffy pellets. Here are the cuts from two weeks ago in solo hempy
picture.php

And a few more bud pics I'm loving it!! SSH 2nd& 3rd are WW

day 27 flower

day 27 flower

so the girls are getting it on . Pump out hairs n crystals like a champ. Even bagseed MGIRL IS LOOKINGgreat. She ended up being the shortest plant but with a succesful top i have two huge main colas.some of pistils are turning red. Idk if that is a potency decrease or what.
. None of the others have turned
picture.php

The WW has decent amount of bud sites but buds are beautiful.
picture.php

picture.php

now my ssh are going to be ready a few weeks after the widow the one I did the super crop on has abundant amount of buds.
picture.php

picture.php

All else is good. My cuttings are suffering a lil transplant shock but they r growing . As well as the three beans I just popped.are good. One more week and I think I start flushing WW and Mgirl they will be ready in 3-4 weeks.

day 30 flowrr

day 30 flowrr

Well my bagseed plant has become fragrant as can be. Smells like citrus punch or something. I gently squeezed the buds. And big time sticky. I àlso discovered what I think to be seeds. Hermie? If so what do I do?this is the plant I did heavy defoil on which I wasn't gonna be upset if it hermied.
picture.php

picture.php

any help would be appreciated.I inspected the rest of girls and they all look great. White widow has Skunky smell.

I super croped the othey ssh sorry and get lower branches closer to light. They're short. No pics of that one but Hess big daddy ssh.

they are taking water almost every24hr .still think I will flush the last week even though I was recommend not to.

Any help would be awesome bc Idk what to do. I found a few more what I think to be seeds on my WW bb today as well. Idk what i need to do or what else I need to be looking for to get best bud possibly out of all plants. Plz help. Bc I'm depressed if this fucks everything up. goin calm down&= fat bowl. Plz help
View attachment 167695 View attachment 167696

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

someotherguy

Veteran
relax man, even if you have seeds it ain't the end of the world and it doesn't take away from all the good work you've done or all you've learned these last few months, ...you've come a long way brother and you should be proud of what you've accomplished your first time out.

...you need to find the hermie i suspect you have somewhere in there so you can cull it, ...you can't stop the buds that are already pollinated but you want to find that hermie so this doesn't happen for your next grow.

peace, SOG

What can I do with the hermie ? What happens if i cut male nanners I see and leave it in with rest of plants ?just some thoughts. Thanks for props sog u helped me .

someotherguy

Veteran
What can I do with the hermie ? What happens if i cut male nanners I see and leave it in with rest of plants ?just some thoughts. Thanks for props sog u helped me .

you're welcome man and most of the help i gave was just to point you in the right direction and then get out of your way, lol.

and don't stress so much, even a seeded hermie bud will taste better than any bud you've paid money for because you grew it yourself, ...and you can't change it anyway, it is what it is.

we've all had to deal with hermies matt, it's just another learning experience is all so no big whoop, just get in there and identify the hermie so you know for sure where the pollen is coming from, THEN you can decide whether you want to pull that one out now or whether you want to let it finish, picking nanners off one by one until you harvest and cull that one for good. ...and toss all the resulting seeds in the trash, you don't want to pop any seeds from hermies, period, lol.

peace, SOG

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Matt, congrats on the sticky ickey :D sog is right, hermies are a part of growing, especially in an unknown room/setup, with unknown seed, and right out of the gate. Be glad you just got one, lol :D I had a light leak on my first setup that developed late flower, so the faster plants were done, but the longer flower plants threw bananas & seeded themselves. No problem as it was the best smoke I ever had (till I ran the same cuts again but in a tighter setup).

My guess would be that if the plant that hermied was the one that you tore the leaves off of, well...

Sometimes they seed themselves from "the inside-out" so that you never really see pollen, but seeds just keep coming. If you cut off the nanners, there is a 90%+ chance the plant will grow new ones. If you are at all cramped for space, pull the hermie, and the remaining plants will thank you by picking up the yield slack.

Matt, congrats on the sticky ickey :D sog is right, hermies are a part of growing, especially in an unknown room/setup, with unknown seed, and right out of the gate. Be glad you just got one, lol :D I had a light leak on my first setup that developed late flower, so the faster plants were done, but the longer flower plants threw bananas & seeded themselves. No problem as it was the best smoke I ever had (till I ran the same cuts again but in a tighter setup).

My guess would be that if the plant that hermied was the one that you tore the leaves off of, well...

Sometimes they seed themselves from "the inside-out" so that you never really see pollen, but seeds just keep coming. If you cut off the nanners, there is a 90%+ chance the plant will grow new ones. If you are at all cramped for space, pull the hermie, and the remaining plants will thank you by picking up the yield slack.

Thanks b. Hope u been well bro. Hopefully been ballin it up.lol.,

Well I've been inspecting the plants very thoroughly. I found about 3 flowers on bagseed plant and 2 on wwxbb. Bagseed plant looks about 70% seeded. Few unseeded buds left . The WWxBB had one bud showing seeds it was same bud i found one of the flowers on. I snipped whole bud off and used the steam dry method on linkorama and taste was none to great but it got me high. Haha nice lil taster . Should i keep up with same nute schedule i been running? I kno a lot of pe people differ on what they do the last few weeks but i wanted know what was best or most commonly used.

Got a? About my lil hempys. They are yellowing up and idk y. I used some root 66 when i transplanted 2 weeks ago but no nutes of any kind. Only dechlorinated water ph'd to 6.0-6.2 has been used. I ser some algae trying to grow in perlite. Its used perlite i washed 3x. Could this be the problem? Here's pic of hempys im talking about. View attachment 167940 . and my sprouts need a permanent home. View attachment 167941

Last edited:
So my bagseed plant is full blown hermie. Nanners everywhere. Im not gonna risk putting it back in closet with others. Its now day 46 of flower. What are my options with this plant. Can i finish it out under my 2ft T5? Can i dry and smoke it? Hash? Do i still dry n cure to make hash? I just dont wanna waste time n effort and just toss it. It smella super fruity dank too. I need some advice quick too. Thx

View attachment 168272 View attachment 168273 View attachment 168274

Last edited:
hermie harvest day47 flower

hermie harvest day47 flower

So i cut the hermie last night and got her all cleaned up...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

My little drying rack made from kids shelf
picture.php

Some nice root action
picture.php

I will wait til its dried amd cured b4 i decide if its decent smoke or if ill make hash. Sure looks good though.​

day 42 flower

day 42 flower

So a little info on hermie. I dryed her out for three days in my basement somewhat near a fan. I put a hygrometer down there on third day and realize the humidity, was between. 70-80%. So..i moved the buds to my stairwell that leads upstairs. Its perfect temp 75 and petfect humidity 55%and no light. Anyways i am using simons method with a hygrometer. And i have a big Tupperware container im usimg since i have no small hygrometer. I smoked few test buds already and its not so bad. Buzz iz like some swag, taste. Suks but im sure that gets better wit cure. Its got alot of seeds owell.im fine tuning the cure now so hope it works.

Now for my living girls. I purchased a pocket microscope from radioshack the other day for ten bucks. Now it took me a while to figure it out but after 2 days o can view my trichs no problem. So what I'm seeing on my WWXBB is about 40% clear 60% milky. No amber yet. .this goes along wit breeders time.. the SSH got slightly seeded but the large colasremain untouched. Here's. A few pics of WW. I WILL begin to gradually flush ww in few days.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Well ,all is good in life. Got my hermie buds curing in a 2 gallon tupperware container. Im using Simons A perfect cure everytime. Method.and the buds are right at RH of 70. Ive been having leave top of occasionally as they stil are moist. Im doing something right bc i had a tester bowl on way to work this a.m. and this stuff is tasting better by the day. Has a decent buzz too. Not any kill but it gets me high with no headache. Ive smoked other peoples homegrown before and it gives me worst headache.
picture.php

So the reason i updatd is about my clones.. they definitely were hungry, i was starving them. After few feedings they have SPRUNG! I swear this one on left was3-4 in from light last night. They're growing big time. Anyways how far away should i keeo the t5 away? I kno i want it as close as i can but wats too close?
picture.php

My seedlings are looking a little rough. Idk what's with them but ill continue my regular technaflora recipe. Everything else is grand now for a bong rip of some of my homegrown!!
picture.php

Trying my hand at some LST on my clones.

View attachment 169269

These clones are growing incredibly fast,therefore i decided to advance my techniques and try some LST. I put small slit in side of the solo cups with a razor. For tie downs, ive been using dental floss, saw it on a thread somewhere. Works great. I just squeeze the cup a little to open the cut i made and i run one end of the tie thru and let go run my tie around the plant and back thru the cut. No knots. The floss will move with a good tug but its pretty firm if u dont pull on it. I assume i will be able to do this around the cup as needed. Just thought id share my style. Now will i still be able to repot these to a larger container in 2 weeks as planned? Didn't. Know since i started LST. Figured i could cut strings and xplant.