What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HELP! cat tore all the ligaments in her back leg

lotus710

hey guys. im not sure if this is allowed but my cat got in a bad accident. she was on my recycling bin when she jumped off and her foot got stuck in the handle and she hung there while her weight tore all the main ligaments in her back leg. she has no control over the leg. it causes her a lot of pain to the point where she is screaming. and half the time shes falling around like shes drunk. the vet said the surgery she needs is going to be 1800$ and i dont have that kind of money:(i really dont want to loose my cat. she was the first pet ive had and ive had her by my side since ive been on my own. if anyone can help out even a little bit that would be amazing. Raven and I would love you forever!! thanks for taking the time to read

Most offices here in U.S offer Care credit which is basically a high interest loan. Also call around to different offices and explain your situation, someone may be able to help mitigate costs, offer payment plan or do it for free. Also, it may be hard but ask family and friends for help, maybe start a gofundme.

EastCoast710

proly better off on gofundme honestly.. if its true.. pictures and a vet bill or some proof would help avoid any fraud BS..

MicroRoy

Sorry about your cat. I can send a prayer.

It would be kind of a tough task to splint it without pian meds.

Green Squall

Sorry about your cat. Vets and animals hospitals can be rackets. Do you at least have pain meds for her?

lotus710

I have pain meds for her yes.i have a gofundme set up and theres another one called you care or something. Got 50$ from a few so far:) thanks for the wishes guys

sdd420

Veteran
A vet school might be able to help at a discount it's a teaching opportunity anyway good luck from a cat lover

sdd420

Veteran
Post a picture of your cat and give the go fund web addy here there's a lot of cool peeps here

FoothillFarming

Responsibility. Making sure you have enough money to raise the pets you have, even when something happens.

My last dog cost around 11k during her life, just in vet bills. I make sure I have funds before I take on the responsibility of owning an animal. It's only fair to the animals.

BTW, what kind of cat hurts it self in that manner? Sounds made up honestly.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cats aren't agile and graceful 100% of the time. I had a cat who couldn't use one of her front legs for her last few days. She was fat and sick. She injured herself trying to get from the bed to the hardwood floor in the bedroom.

Her leg might have been repairable with surgery. Maybe not. The cancer wasn't repairable. It took away the whole decision about having to spend money on a surgeon so she could walk again.

Green Squall

Responsibility. Making sure you have enough money to raise the pets you have, even when something happens.

My last dog cost around 11k during her life, just in vet bills. I make sure I have funds before I take on the responsibility of owning an animal. It's only fair to the animals.

BTW, what kind of cat hurts it self in that manner? Sounds made up honestly.

It's totally possible for a cat to get snagged like that and end up hurting themselves when they start to panic. I once had a cat who got stuck in a similar fashion and it ended tearing all of its nails out.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
hey guys. im not sure if this is allowed but my cat got in a bad accident. she was on my recycling bin when she jumped off and her foot got stuck in the handle and she hung there while her weight tore all the main ligaments in her back leg. she has no control over the leg. it causes her a lot of pain to the point where she is screaming. and half the time shes falling around like shes drunk. the vet said the surgery she needs is going to be 1800$ and i dont have that kind of money:(i really dont want to loose my cat. she was the first pet ive had and ive had her by my side since ive been on my own. if anyone can help out even a little bit that would be amazing. Raven and I would love you forever!! thanks for taking the time to read

Most offices here in U.S offer Care credit which is basically a high interest loan. Also call around to different offices and explain your situation, someone may be able to help mitigate costs, offer payment plan or do it for free. Also, it may be hard but ask family and friends for help, maybe start a gofundme.

Yes Lotus10, its pretty easy to get a Care credit card, this card is for vets. Im surprised your vet didn't recommend it right off the bat...

Maybe instead of waiting for cash to trickle in while your cat is in severe pain, apply right now online for the card and get your cat cared for immediately...

Then as money trickles in, pay off the card....

Hate to see an animal suffer.....

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Call to see about sliding scale vets in the area....or ask local Animal Humane Society for low income. Vets charge different prices (I know, I worked at a 3 vet office for a while)....call em up! Outrageous the difference in pricing.

Don't wait while your feline suffers - do something!What if it was the other way around....you hurting and your cat doing nothing. Tsk!

lotus710

thanks everyone. we applied for one called medicard and got declined because my co signer dont make enough money. me and my girlfriend are trying others around. and were calling a few other vets around to see pricing differences.

FoothillFarming

So why is the cat in your avatar different than the one on your go fund me page?

Why did you vet tell you 1800 max? I have never had a vet tell me the max cost, there can be complications.........

Some holes to the story here.....

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
I'm really sorry your pussy is broken. How many times in your life do you get to type that and mean it?

lotus710

Cat in my avatar is a painting. Vet gave a high and a low cost and said that because of how bad it is it will most likely be higher.

FoothillFarming

You love your cat soo much you use a different cat in the avatar......

Your vet gives a high and low cost, but then says it will most likely be higher.....You stated earlier in the thread the cost will not go above 1800.........

Are your pants on fire?

I wood

You love your cat soo much you use a different cat in the avatar......

Your vet gives a high and low cost, but then says it will most likely be higher.....You stated earlier in the thread the cost will not go above 1800.........

Are your pants on fire?

A cartoon boy for your avatar, how fitting for you.

Yes, asking for cat vet bills help on a pot forum is a little odd, so what though, no reason to repeatedly be a dick about it.
Pets are family and often the better part of it. You do what ever you can to help them in this kind of shitty situation.

Lotus, I wish your cat a speedy and complete recovery.
Ignore the children who do not know any better.

Latest posts

Latest posts