What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HELP! cat tore all the ligaments in her back leg

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The clinic I worked for doesn't take Care card. Really, prices differ vastly. Hoping you find someone soon to assist your feline friend.

FoothillFarming

A cartoon boy for your avatar, how fitting for you.

Yes, asking for cat vet bills help on a pot forum is a little odd, so what though, no reason to repeatedly be a dick about it.
Pets are family and often the better part of it. You do what ever you can to help them in this kind of shitty situation.

Well, the go fund me page has zero dollars, so I am not the only one that thinks he is crying wolf.

Bottom line, even if said story is true, sack up and be a man. Get a job, a second job, or a third job and provide for your loved ones. Stop assuming others will pick up your slack. Must be a millennial.

BTW, you completely missed my point. I am not calling the guy wierd, or strange or anything like that. I am saying he is most likely lying. Maybe a video of said cat from Gofundme page with hurt leg would go a long way. Heck, I would donate 100$ if said video was posted in this thread.

You asked "so what"? Well, if somebody is claiming a tragedy when no tragedy has occurred, just for the reason to raise money illegitimately, then that is a big problem. Some of the lowest people on Earth are con men. Taking from people that earn what they have, and play off the good of humanity.

Post up the video and receive 100$, it's as simple as that.
Peace.:tiphat:

Last edited:

Green Squall

Must be a millennial. Dumbest thing I've heard all day. Do you have any idea how many people you are lumping together with that stupid stereotype?

lotus710

Well, the go fund me page has zero dollars, so I am not the only one that thinks he is crying wolf.

Bottom line, even if said story is true, sack up and be a man. Get a job, a second job, or a third job and provide for your loved ones. Stop assuming others will pick up your slack. Must be a millennial.

BTW, you completely missed my point. I am not calling the guy wierd, or strange or anything like that. I am saying he is most likely lying. Maybe a video of said cat from Gofundme page with hurt leg would go a long way. Heck, I would donate 100$ if said video was posted in this thread.

You asked "so what"? Well, if somebody is claiming a tragedy when no tragedy has occurred, just for the reason to raise money illegitimately, then that is a big problem. Some of the lowest people on Earth are con men. Taking from people that earn what they have, and play off the good of humanity.

Post up the video and receive 100$, it's as simple as that.
Peace.:tiphat:

do i gotta upload it to youtube? im gonna upload it and hold you to that.:)

for the people that care. we had a follow up appointment with our vet today along with a second vets opinion. she tore her cruciate ligment in her knee so the vet is going to need to drill holes into the bones and tie basicly 50 lb fishing line around there to kind of replicate the ligament. he said that with that surgery she will have a 10/10 chance of getting back to normal. seeing as she is 11.4 lbs and not over 20lbs she is able to go longer without surgery and it wont effect the chances as much as if she were heavier. raven has been eating and drinking normaly now, i seen her playing with her toys a few times but her back leg is never used. the vet prescribed her some anti inflamatorys for while we wait to get the surgery done so she isnt in as much pain. we have also been giving her pain relief medication in her food and giving her hip & joint and stress relief treats! other then her leg she is pretty much back to normal. except for the extra resting and how affectionate she has been since the accident. thanks for the love guys:)

Last edited:

Betterhaff

Veteran
This isn't a cat story and I'm sure there are differences in anatomy and use but my dog tore a rear ACL. She jumped a small wall and just fell over, got up and fell over again. She whimpered and favored the leg and I thought she blew out her hip. She was older and I took her to the vet thinking the worst and prepared myself for the decision I might have to make. After the vet examined her he said it wasn't her hip, it was her ACL and really not a surgical or life threatening condition. He said the pain will basically subside if not already and gave her some anti-inflammatories and said keep her quiet (yeah right). He said it will take some time for her to adapt and may not be capable of doing some things as in the past but she will not be in pain.

She was back to herself rather quickly, demeanor wise...moving, eating, wanting affection, etc. It was kind of funny though, every once in a while she would move a certain way and fall over or turn the wrong way and her rump would go down but she did get used to what she could or couldn't do. And she lived happily for a few more years after the injury.

Good luck with your cat, hoping the best.

lotus710

This isn't a cat story and I'm sure there are differences in anatomy and use but my dog tore a rear ACL. She jumped a small wall and just fell over, got up and fell over again. She whimpered and favored the leg and I thought she blew out her hip. She was older and I took her to the vet thinking the worst and prepared myself for the decision I might have to make. After the vet examined her he said it wasn't her hip, it was her ACL and really not a surgical or life threatening condition. He said the pain will basically subside if not already and gave her some anti-inflammatories and said keep her quiet (yeah right). He said it will take some time for her to adapt and may not be capable of doing some things as in the past but she will not be in pain.

She was back to herself rather quickly, demeanor wise...moving, eating, wanting affection, etc. It was kind of funny though, every once in a while she would move a certain way and fall over or turn the wrong way and her rump would go down but she did get used to what she could or couldn't do. And she lived happily for a few more years after the injury.

Good luck with your cat, hoping the best.

thanks for the story:) sounds like my raven. she will randomly fall every once in a while and she tries to use that leg but she cant so she ends up rolling around on the floor for a bit trying to use itXD it looks quite funny i must say. she hasnt gotten up since last night but as soon as she does ill get a vid posted up of her. the vet said they will send me the xrays yesterday so im just waiting to get those.

lotus710

picture.php

this is what the vet said he knows that needs to be done. he said the other torn ligaments should heal on their own.

FoothillFarming

I can't find the gofundme page anymore. Would love to donate for that cute cat. Thanks for proving you were not lying about the cat. I hope you gather enough funds quickly, as the cat looks like it could be in pain. Cat's/dogs/animals are amazing how they push pain aside compared to some humans.

If the fundme page is a TOU, please PM me the details again.

I wish you luck.

lotus710

I can't find the gofundme page anymore. Would love to donate for that cute cat. Thanks for proving you were not lying about the cat. I hope you gather enough funds quickly, as the cat looks like it could be in pain. Cat's/dogs/animals are amazing how they push pain aside compared to some humans.

If the fundme page is a TOU, please PM me the details again.

I wish you luck.

https://www.gofundme.com/ravensurgery

dont worry i wont let you loose the linkXD

C

cooterbrown420

Now lets see if he is a man of his word and donates after all

lotus710

How is the cat doing now?

Raven has finished her onsior tablets and the vet gave her some anti inflammatorys. She was in pain last night from doing too much moving during the day. She musta been real bored doing nothing for a few days. They are super good at hiding pain. Makes it easier on me. But then im never positive on how she is. She was reaalll bitchy yesterday. But thats probaly because she isnt allowed outsideXD other then that she seems to be getting used to the leg. At times it seems she forgets about it then she jumps and lands using it and after she will yelp a little and go lay down for a while.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Animals are resilient, mainly because no one tells them, they "can't". She'll adapt on her own to best suit her.

Glad to hear she's progressing....starting to be a bit frisky is a good sign!

T

TreehouseJ

Best wishes to you and yours. My last cat cost me over 10k in medical bills for his kidney stones. Always have a contingency plan. Put the info up in the forums to use so you can have a couple little stacks for yourself and your cats in a few months.

shithawk420

Veteran
Glad to hear the cats OK.had to put a cat down yesterday. I didn't want to but the vet gave me no choice.he was 13 so maybe his time.anyway take care of your pussy

C

cooterbrown420

just checked the gofund me and it still says zero. Guess foothillfarming is just full of shit.