What's new

heath inspired test prototype (aero)

Just to clarify. I never said i had problems with my roots. I am and have been running organic based nutes with beneficial bacteria with no problems thus far. I do run a chiller at 67deg. and have zero root problems.

The reason i want to switch to inorganic is so after harvest is finished i wont need to break down a scrub every inch of the system.

With an inorganic clean nute line, all i would need to do is pull the roots mass out. Make up a bleach and water solution and run that through the system for 24 hours. Then drain and reset..... Easy.

Harvest time.

014-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

D

DHF

Exactly FHC....and...I`m still not sure why EWC works with elevated rootzone temps to prevent root rot , but I have heard on several sites that it does although IME......

What you`re wantin ta do is the way I rolled for many a yr cuz fast hydro setups with feed and drainlines as well as all fittings need sterilized and bleached with diluted H202 run through afterwards to kill EVERYTHING in all those nooks and crannies that can form rootborn pathogens.....I mean....

After all....I ran 3 different setups in my whole indoor career and the first 2 were strictly as fast a flow and as much Dissolved Oxygen as I could run through em with SM-90 as my root rot prevention....so...

Do what you must to keep your rootzone temps below 70 degrees cuz you`ve already witnessed first hand what`ll happen if yas dont...

Peace...DHF...:ying:....

Grizz

Veteran
nice buds cat. i just got to ask why you hang them like that ? makes trimming so much harder.

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
Looking great FHC, hopefully you smash that GPW soon.

Fred, did you eve get any sort of gunk in your rez from the SM-90? Everytime I put that stuff in my rez, i get all this snotty lookins stuff floating around and accumulating on my recirculating pump. Thanks for any info.

aod

Exactly FHC....and...I`m still not sure why EWC works with elevated rootzone temps to prevent root rot , but I have heard on several sites that it does although IME......

What you`re wantin ta do is the way I rolled for many a yr cuz fast hydro setups with feed and drainlines as well as all fittings need sterilized and bleached with diluted H202 run through afterwards to kill EVERYTHING in all those nooks and crannies that can form rootborn pathogens.....I mean....

After all....I ran 3 different setups in my whole indoor career and the first 2 were strictly as fast a flow and as much Dissolved Oxygen as I could run through em with SM-90 as my root rot prevention....so...

Do what you must to keep your rootzone temps below 70 degrees cuz you`ve already witnessed first hand what`ll happen if yas dont...

Peace...DHF...:ying:....

Thanks Fred.. for some reason ICMAg wouldnt let my download the pics so i just used my photo site. Its the same old harvest pics of plants hangin youve seen a million times..:tiphat:

nice buds cat. i just got to ask why you hang them like that ? makes trimming so much harder.

I do it in stages... "i call it the yank um and spank um"

I just give the plants a rough trim then hang um.

Then i clean out my system and get it ready for the next batch. It usually takes a couple days. I could do it in one day ..but no need to break my back.

After my system is cleaned and the next batch goes in, then i go back and do a 2nd trim.

I want to get the next plants into flower asap. So if i sat around trimmin it would be a long wait.

Looking great FHC, hopefully you smash that GPW soon.

Fred, did you eve get any sort of gunk in your rez from the SM-90? Everytime I put that stuff in my rez, i get all this snotty lookins stuff floating around and accumulating on my recirculating pump. Thanks for any info.

aod

Thanks man!

D

DHF

Yeah....Can`t see the pics but I know what`s there.....

Hey AOD...Here`s the thing bout SM-90 since it`s Coriander OIL based and used as a surfactant /wetting agent as well @ 5ml per gal in my rez`s for a long time....but.....

Oil and water don`t mix at lower temps as in like basement setups and or rez`s that aren`t temp controlled with heaters and chillers if need be for that perfect 67-69 degree solution temp for fast hydro setups.....and....

With constant stirring from powerheads in the rez and juice flowin as needed to keep anything from separating outta solution/suspension , it sounds like yas either had too cold a solution and or not enough agitation/flow/circulation to cause gunk on your pump....but....

Not sure if we`re talkin apples and apples , so if yas need help just hit me in PM cuz SM-90`s some awesome shit that not a lotta folks know about these days although I`m sure you`re doin other things these days......anyways...

Peace...DHF...:ying:.....

E

ekomsi

Yeah....Can`t see the pics but I know what`s there.....

Hey AOD...Here`s the thing bout SM-90 since it`s Coriander OIL based and used as a surfactant /wetting agent as well @ 5ml per gal in my rez`s for a long time....but.....

Oil and water don`t mix at lower temps as in like basement setups and or rez`s that aren`t temp controlled with heaters and chillers if need be for that perfect 67-69 degree solution temp for fast hydro setups.....and....

With constant stirring from powerheads in the rez and juice flowin as needed to keep anything from separating outta solution/suspension , it sounds like yas either had too cold a solution and or not enough agitation/flow/circulation to cause gunk on your pump....but....

Not sure if we`re talkin apples and apples , so if yas need help just hit me in PM cuz SM-90`s some awesome shit that not a lotta folks know about these days although I`m sure you`re doin other things these days......anyways...

Peace...DHF...:ying:.....

SM-90 is in all the hydro stores around me. Educate me on the product?

The next round is in. I put up a screen for the adub wall beacuse they stretch a ton.

Also, im headin into the unknown..I switched up to GH 3 part for this run. I went half strength.. hope it all works out.

Now i can get back to trimmin.

the yellow is from the floro on the ceiling. The plants are all green as can be.
001.jpg

004.jpg

D

DHF

NASA uses GH 3 part in outer space my buddy.......It was good enough for them , it was good enough for my old ass.....but....

Yas gotta dial em and stay on top of any new juice yas run....1/2 strength might be fine , but here`s the deal.....

Constant EC/PPM and PH monitoring will letchas know what`s what and you know this , but it`s ppm`s yas`re tryin to achieve across the board where the girls stay constant with their juice regimen.......and...

NEVER above 750 ppm`s whether it`s in the 3-2-1 veg end , or the 1-2-3 bloomage end of the formula @ 1/2 strength....all about what`s in the bottom line juice formula even if you`re usin more micro and grow up front , till the stretch is over and then less micro and more bloom with grow gone all together , especially if yas intend on usin any bloom boosters.......

Anyways...The grow`ll last yas forever cuz it`s all but not needed with as much nitrogen as there is in the micro , but....

Use it and see the difference cuz Lucas formula/Rez formula always left my bitches hungry and that`s where the lil bit of grow comes in ftw and....remember....

Ain`t nuthin bout GH 3 part I don`t know , so I got yer back.......Just depends what other shit yas wanna play with toward end of cycle I`ve never used.......anyways...

Handle it...Freds....:ying:......

ImaginaryFriend

Fuck Entropy.
Veteran
Those plants look great going in.

When you talk about total-yield/long-time, those turn over days are the definitive difference--plants lined up the right size and ready to go take planning and thought.

Some big-wattage gardeners pull better than respectable weights per run, but fall behind tightly-run-smaller-gardens where the gardener counts back 25 days of veg under HID, 10 days of post clone preveg under the t5s, and 10 days in the cloner and knows he better take twice as many clones as he needs by day 18 of flower on a nine weeker to have his replacements 18" tall and ready to rock.

Waiting three weeks for your vegging plants to get where they ought to be and your flower room is empty is fucking amateur hour.

That pic shows some serious gardening there fc.

Very pro.

May the fruits of your labor feed your dreams.

Very nice.

Very nice.

Very nice.

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
The next round is in. I put up a screen for the adub wall beacuse they stretch a ton.

Also, im headin into the unknown..I switched up to GH 3 part for this run. I went half strength.. hope it all works out.

Now i can get back to trimmin.

Heath uses Hydrodynamics Ionic. I recommend a 1 part if you are a first time mineral-based user. But whatever works is awesome. I'm quite partial to the entire House and Garden line, but have used AN, GH, PBP and other random ingredients.

Out of all of them, PBP is the easiest to use, H&G gives me the best yields and bud structure and AN works really well but you have to mortgage your house to afford the whole line. GH is my least favorite, just not great yields... easy to use, works well, just not push my envelope; with that said, I see some people kill it with a nutrient/strain and another fail horrible with the exact same thing.

A product I highly recommend for coco/soil based medium is Atami's Bloombastic. It puts trichomes on like nothing I've ever seen before. In your system I'm a little skeptical since its mostly kelp extracts.

Food for thought

Those plants look great going in.

When you talk about total-yield/long-time, those turn over days are the definitive difference--plants lined up the right size and ready to go take planning and thought.

Some big-wattage gardeners pull better than respectable weights per run, but fall behind tightly-run-smaller-gardens where the gardener counts back 25 days of veg under HID, 10 days of post clone preveg under the t5s, and 10 days in the cloner and knows he better take twice as many clones as he needs by day 18 of flower on a nine weeker to have his replacements 18" tall and ready to rock.

Waiting three weeks for your vegging plants to get where they ought to be and your flower room is empty is fucking amateur hour.

That pic shows some serious gardening there fc.

Very pro.

May the fruits of your labor feed your dreams.

Very nice.

Very nice.

Very nice.

Thanks for the props man! It definitely takes some thought and planning to get 48 or so plants of the same size ready to go. Ive been lucky in that the timing has worked out really well to get to that size.
I take cuts within the first 5 days of flower (no mothers). 2-3 weeks to get roots, then start feeding them lightly under the t-5s. By harvest time those veggers are screamin to get the hell outta there and stretch their wings.
But they do tend to get a little crowded towards the end, so my next project is to vamp up the veg room and make more space and add another t-5.

Thanks again my friend!

Heath uses Hydrodynamics Ionic. I recommend a 1 part if you are a first time mineral-based user. But whatever works is awesome. I'm quite partial to the entire House and Garden line, but have used AN, GH, PBP and other random ingredients.

Out of all of them, PBP is the easiest to use, H&G gives me the best yields and bud structure and AN works really well but you have to mortgage your house to afford the whole line. GH is my least favorite, just not great yields... easy to use, works well, just not push my envelope; with that said, I see some people kill it with a nutrient/strain and another fail horrible with the exact same thing.

A product I highly recommend for coco/soil based medium is Atami's Bloombastic. It puts trichomes on like nothing I've ever seen before. In your system I'm a little skeptical since its mostly kelp extracts.

Food for thought

Thanks for the thoughts man, Its gonna be cool to see a clean system for a change. Ive been runnin the full botanicare line for 3 years. She has done well for me, but i wanted to change.

:biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts