What's new

heath inspired test prototype (aero)

D

DHF

I ran "flip rooms" side by side TTC with the lung room providing environment for both rooms 24/7/365....

I see soooo many folks runnin sealed rooms with CO2 but don`t know WHY they`re doin it except for the "pie in the sky" so-called increased yields derived from doin so , when nothin could be further from the truth IME.....but...

Sealed rooms do keep smell inside the grow areas , but major air exchange twice per minute into and out of the rooms through exhaust/scrubber combo`s into the lung rooms does the exact same thing only better and more efficient cuz the lung room`s were always equipped with another scrubber combo on timers to pump out any stale/stagnant stanky air into the basements I grew in to keep everything inside the rooms fresh and hoonin ftw....

Simple....babyshit....

Peace...DHF....:ying:......

DHF, I fully understand the use for a lung room if running two flip-flopped bloom rooms (only need one AC, dehuey, etc.). My point was, if you're "only" running a SINGLE sealed room, a lung room becomes extraneous............your bloom room and lung room can be combined into one.

A lung room is useful for controlling the environment in multiple rooms.

And I actually went to a hybrid sealed/intake-exhaust room because of the difficulty of controlling smell leaking out without steady negative pressure when running fully sealed.

I now run a 175CFM exhaust fan constantly and still run a CO2 generator at 1000ppms, and when that gets too hot then my two 450CFM exhaust fans kick on and keep things cool (and the CO2 kicks off).

That 175CFM fan (room is 14x10x8) does enough to keep all smells contained yet is weak enough to allow me to to still enrich with CO2 when I want to.

BTW, you can call me Ravi ;)

D

DHF

HeeHee....Hey Bro....been missin yas....Hope all`s been well with you and yours Rav....

Nuttin but love over here dewd.....Knowledge and experience rule the day....Teach us sumthin my buddy....Need a good setup thread....

Peace...DHF...:ying:....

DHF, I fully understand the use for a lung room if running two flip-flopped bloom rooms (only need one AC, dehuey, etc.). My point was, if you're "only" running a SINGLE sealed room, a lung room becomes extraneous............your bloom room and lung room can be combined into one.

A lung room is useful for controlling the environment in multiple rooms.

And I actually went to a hybrid sealed/intake-exhaust room because of the difficulty of controlling smell leaking out without steady negative pressure when running fully sealed.

I now run a 175CFM exhaust fan constantly and still run a CO2 generator at 1000ppms, and when that gets too hot then my two 450CFM exhaust fans kick on and keep things cool (and the CO2 kicks off).

That 175CFM fan (room is 14x10x8) does enough to keep all smells contained yet is weak enough to allow me to to still enrich with CO2 when I want to.

BTW, you can call me Ravi ;)

I just wrote a buncha stuff and it got lost..so

I think the reason im even thinking lung room is beacuse i need that air exchange to keep the heat from the bare bulbs in check, especially in a vert seup like mine. Air movement is not easily achieved with wall to wall racks. Only way is to keep that air movement in the center.

So i think its best to have the upward flow of air, from bottom to top and pumped out to somewhere else to be treated cooled and pumped back in at ground level. Otherwise in a sealed room the heat from the bulbs will just creat hot spots etc. ( i sound like DHF.) But this is what ive learned, from the man himself.

D

DHF

I just wrote a buncha stuff and it got lost..so

I think the reason im even thinking lung room is beacuse i need that air exchange to keep the heat from the bare bulbs in check, especially in a vert seup like mine. Air movement is not easily achieved with wall to wall racks. Only way is to keep that air movement in the center.

So i think its best to have the upward flow of air, from bottom to top and pumped out to somewhere else to be treated cooled and pumped back in at ground level. Otherwise in a sealed room the heat from the bulbs will just creat hot spots etc. ( i sound like DHF.) But this is what ive learned, from the man himself.
Joesy Wales pm`ed me last week and the server took em 4 times WHILE I was writin em and said they were`nt sent..so I re-wrote em...but they were...

He wrote back and was wantin some of what I was smokin , so it ain`t just you FHC...anyways...yeah....

It ain`t rocket science when yas got all 4 walls covered in plants that extraction from the natural convection effect of heat risin only takes a lil push ta get heat and stank out of the room while replenishing it twice per minute with constantly perfect environment for optimum conditions usin a lung room....

Many ways ta skin a mule.....I like the vortex of air created that keeps airborn pathogens from being able to have a chance at ruinin a crop in late flower,along with perfectly controlled RH and ambient temps from A/C`s and Dehuey`s "outside " the growrooms so heat gain`s never an issue....anyways...

I`m kinda stubborn or can yas tell...No disrespect to anyone`s opinions or thing`s that work for them.....but....

It`s the lil things...DHF...:ying:.....

My only drawback to this was the smallness of the lung room. Its 4x8x10, basicly a closet in between two 8x8 rooms. (one is the current flower room) the other is the veg room. But the plan was to turn both into flower rooms at some point, and flip between the two essentially making the room in the dark period a lung.
But if i can get my yields up with the racks then i probably wont need to turn the veg room into a flower room.

So..what is undetermined is, the small lung room. With the AC and the dehumi inside the lung and exchanging the air between the 8x8 room and the 4ft wide lung. Will that work? or shall i say will it be efficient?

The good thing is..these new minisplits by Ideal Air are super easy to work with. They come with linesets that are a coil type instead of the hard cooper lines. And they virtually plug right in to the outdoor unit. So the indoor head unit can be moved from one place to the other if need be quite easy.

closet/lung in center

farmhouse003.jpg

D

DHF

If yas only got 320 cu ft for the A/C and Dehuey ta control environment on 2 rooms total with 1280 cu ft , as well as heat gain from both units...?....

Sorry Bro.....No way ta fix it without the mini-split IME so good call.....but....

Stay on top of things...

Peace...DHF....:ying:.....

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
What is the SEER and the EER of these Ideal air brand minisplits? Also, what are the reviews on the control interface.

I've been told that all the same condensing units come from the same factory (at least on lower end units) and that each company puts their own control board in and slaps their label on it. The problem, at least what I've been told, is that these control boards fizzle quite easily and getting a replacement can take months... if you can find one.

Peace, good vibes and much success

What is the SEER and the EER of these Ideal air brand minisplits? Also, what are the reviews on the control interface.

I've been told that all the same condensing units come from the same factory (at least on lower end units) and that each company puts their own control board in and slaps their label on it. The problem, at least what I've been told, is that these control boards fizzle quite easily and getting a replacement can take months... if you can find one.

Peace, good vibes and much success

The unit i was interested in is the 12000btu, 15 seer. They also come in 13 seer. Last year they had a 12000btu 20 seer, but they discontinued that.
I couldnt find anything about the EER. Its probably true about the control board. Although i have read about a few people that have been using them for a while and they seem to be solid.

My first choice was the mitsubishi mr slim ( IMO the best in the biz) but they arent so user friendly and need a tech and or certain tools to install. Unless your good at that sort of thing.

Update time.

40 days and all is well. Everything is runnin like clockwork. The buds are already starting to fall over from the weight. I spent an hour last night pullin fans and tieing buds back.
The new strains are lookin like winners. The Adubs are strtchy and just full of golf ball frosty nugz. The Dt7 is very compact and thick and just frosty as hell!

adubs
adubs.jpg

DT7
dt740days.jpg

And the trusty green crack fillin 3 of the 4 walls.

634.jpg

40days.jpg

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
It is really awesome to see how you are dialing it in. Each run looks better than the last. Keep that up and soon you'll be killing 3lbs a light of super AAA.

:joint:

G

greenmatter

i still miss laylow, but it is always good to see pics that make me think about his work. great work FC!

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Yeah dude, hope laylow is well.

Does look good this run bro, how do you think it's coming along compared to the last one? That DT7 looks like fire, what the smell like?

Salute ..my friends! Its been a fun ride,,thats for sho..

These new strains are insane!!! They are locally bred and super freakin dank. That dt7 smells like ether sour og armpit menthol. wheww.. cant wait ta bake on it.

Wanted to make sure my man DHF could see the pics. (i know you need attachments to view)

The next round is veggin (last pic) got a full wall each next round for adubs, Dt7, and 2 walls of GC. soon to be all adub or dt7 or maybe both.

Attachments

• adubs.jpg
    adubs.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 9
  • dt7 40 days.jpg
    dt7 40 days.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 11
  • gcs 40 days.jpg
    gcs 40 days.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 9
  • 653.jpg
    653.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 661.jpg
    661.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 8
D

DHF

Thanks Bro...Was just a cussin on the last page till the pics showed up .....

Yas can keep takin them fans with stems off till there`s nothin left except small sugar leaves comin out the colas.....

Lookin proper Bro...Hopin fer mo nuggage this time........

Peace.....DHF....:ying:....

Check out this new strain DT7... imagine 48 of them in there. Its so covered in snow it looks like one of those white christmass trees. cant wait!

002.jpg

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 11