What's new

Heads Method Fucking Rocks......

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
cut down somw gdp last night, but forgot to grab my camera. after its dry, ill post some pics.
the warehouse is on complete perpetual now. 1 tray a week is getting harvested. this is why i foliar feed with the pk booster. all the trays get the same nutrient, but one tray a week gets foliar feed twice.

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm also curious about the rate of foliar app you use for Pure Flowers.
btw I would only use liquid koolbloom as a foliar, never the powdered because of that little bit of N.

krunchbubble

Veteran
I'm not sure if I've ever heard of anyone foliar feeding with PK boosters. This is a great solution to the trouble of growing perpetually with the same reservoir. Once again, thanks for the tip. What rate do you use your boosters in foliar? Same as in the reservoir, or lower? And have you only used Pure Flowers this way? I'd love to try and use my Kool Bloom this way.
i usually use pure flowers in the res, but with the perpetual grow, i cant. pure flowers is actually made to be a foliar..

I'm also curious about the rate of foliar app you use for Pure Flowers.
btw I would only use liquid koolbloom as a foliar, never the powdered because of that little bit of N.
think its 1/2 tsp per gallon, says right on the bottle

Hey Krunch.

Are you using any Co2 supplementation?
nope, would be badass though!

Grizz

Veteran
hey Krunch im getting around 550 ppm str8 from my tap with a ph of 6.8 to 7.0. do you think heads formula would work for me? also any idea what your final ppm is with his formula?

krunchbubble

Veteran
hey Krunch im getting around 550 ppm str8 from my tap with a ph of 6.8 to 7.0. do you think heads formula would work for me? also any idea what your final ppm is with his formula?

holy cow, that is high! may want to invest in a tallboy to get those ppm's down. personally, i would not try heads with that kind of water, it would make all the macro and micros out of wack.

final ppm's is 560-580 for me....

Does the Tall Boy filter actually lower ppm's? One place I'm at has well water that shows 240, I looked at the hydro shop, they had both RO systems, and the Tallboy/smallboy systems. The RO was more expensive, but that's no issue. I would like to get the water down to 150 or so. I was planning on 50/50 RO and tap.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
final ppm's is 560-580 for me....

interesting that is your final ppm's. i posted elsewhere that when we grow (waterfarms,hydroton,canna nutes), it seems our plants (usually rez's sdibl/kush/chemdogs/mr nices ssh), drink around 400 in the beginning, and then upwards of 550/600... i was a bit confused, seeing other guys talking ppms of 1000/1200...or even higher.. but our girls seem happy , and see no reason to increase the mixture if they ain't going to eat it... a waste of $$$, and more important don;t want to burn the ladies...

krunchbubble

Veteran
well, after running heads method for a while with great results, i decided to switch it up about a month ago.......

now running 1000 ml micro and 1500 ml bloom with 500 ml pbp in a 100 gallon res.

this new nutrient mix has fucking blown away heads method in terms of size of bud wand weight. i started running the new mix half way through a run of gdp and kush, the yields blew away the heads method, getting 2 lb's+ a light now. only problem is the buds are so damn big now, getting bud rot......

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so what the new recipe your using now? 1000,1500,500? and you feed this every watering? and foliar every 3rd week?

krunchbubble

Veteran
PBP Bloom?

yes sir!

so what the new recipe your using now? 1000,1500,500? and you feed this every watering? and foliar every 3rd week?

yes, but with no more pk boosters, don't need them and flush one day after the res is used up.....

tonight i will take some pics, there is a top that is about 24" long and about a 10" width.....

I quess out in the bay area its common knowledge why people rent warehouses, but if you had to what reason do/did you use as to why you wanted to rent the space?
I'm curious because I have these 1100 sqft warehouses near me that I'd love to rent one for growing but don't have a believeable reason as to why I need the space. Otherwise I'm looking at houses for rent.

Peace...

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
tonight i will take some pics, there is a top that is about 24" long and about a 10" width.....

fainting.gif

S

Señor Chang

Hi Krunchbubble,
You said that you are running this most recent recipe in rockwool.
If you were to change it to coco, how would this vary?
Is that PBP bloom or soil bloom?
Is there a link you can provide that would have more discussion on this recipe?
I am thinking of using blumats, coco and airpots with this recipe and would be putting the nutrients in the resivoir.
Would I need to adjust the ratios for constant feed?
Are you still using drip clean with this?
Are you doing a flush after each res change or just the last one for veg or bloom?
Thanks for the assist!