What's new

Heads Method Fucking Rocks......

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
:tiphat: just wanted to say that i absolutely love this method......

currently using 6 ml's of hardwater gh micro and 10 ml's of bloom all throughout flowering. i foliar spray with pure flowers twice in the third week of flowering and twice in the 7th week of flowering for my PK booster...

ppm's never get above 600. i flush at the end of ever res straight out of tap, once a week.

the plants are always in perfect health, no deficiency of any kind, next to no lock out. may see a tad of lockout the day before flushing if any at all.

the buds are fucking huge! the quality is outstanding! i am very please with heads formula and ill be running it for some time! have not yet reached the two lb mark per 1k, but am close!

krunchbubble

Veteran
i have used both with this method with great results. currently using rockwool, will be sticking with it for some time.....

i think this nutrient method is perfection upon perfection.....

krunchbubble

Veteran
cutting down some gdp tonight, hopefully i will remember my camera for some up close pics, they are amazing!

krunchbubble

Veteran
That what I figured, just wanted to make sure. Is there any specific reason you like 6-10 better than 6-9 and 8-16? Is it specifically higher yields, generally greater vigor or both? Or is this the only GH ratio you haven't had any deficiencies with? Just wondering because I use MaxiBloom and have lately been thinking about giving liquid GH a run, but am unsure on which ratio I want to try first. It's hard to compare though because I use soil, so I can't feed nearly as often as you do in rock wool (or would in coco). For that reason I'm leaning a bit more towards the 8-16.

its the first one i tried, haven't tried the other ratio's. i am so happy, im afraid to change! this method also saves shit tons on nutrient!

by the way, your signature rocks dude!

krunchbubble

Veteran
Very nice. So you don't vent your hoods?

nope. until a few weeks ago, the ac didn't turn on for months and months. it may turn on 3-4 times for 5 minutes at a time now, the warehouse stays a constant 73. concrete walls and a high ceiling.
found out last night my neighbor two doors down had a nice op going on in there, had to tell him to not be so blatant about it, drove by, his roll up doors are up and wala! 8 4 X 8 trays!

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
I love the H3ad Formula!

Using it right now.

Did you say you were also using it in Coco? What kind of application? I've got mine in 5 gal pots.

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
h3ad knows his shit that is fo sho!! great looking bishes krUnchy.. peace n pufs

sacKO

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Any reason for the hardwater? most places in the bay don't have problems with the water supply...

Mountain High

Veteran
Nice grow Krunchbubble, you said you're using Head's formula at 6/10 with rockwool? Because of coco having excess potassium compared to rockwool, you increased the bloom to bring the NPK ratios closer to lucas' numbers? what else goes into your recipe? Been using Heads formula in coco for about a year and i love it.

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
Any reason for the hardwater? most places in the bay don't have problems with the water supply...

Not that I am in this area........ but also interested in the reason behind using the Micro HW.

On a side note. I use Bloombastic in the last few weeks of flower, with the H3ad formula, and it works wonders.

JWP

I agree, its awesome!

Everyone loves a good tweak though, so here is a nice chart that "tester" made up. Link to the thread in my sig.

attachment.php

I've been using GH 0-6-9 for years now, on 11 different strains, all in coco. My buddy changed his schedule on my recomendation and just got his best yields ever.

My water is 140-160ppm.

Veg 0-6-9, diamond nectar, silica, florolicious plus, 2-3ml cal mag for veg.

Flower is 0-6-9, 2ml cal mag, silica til week 3 or 4, then I nix the silica, and start adding molasses and liquid Kool Bloom after week 4, finish with 0-0-10 and liquid KB from week 6, powdered KB the last couple waterings before the flush. I also use molasses, Flora Nectar, I've used Sugar Daddy too in flowering (any one of these works), they all seem to help.

I'm trying Pure Flowers for the first time, I tried the Purple Maxx stuff last run and it did seem to make the nugs frostier. Still on the fence about the Purple Maxx.

Headz recipe has worked great for me. It grows any strain perfectly.

itisme

Veteran
Well KrunchBubble I guess that is a good way to save on electricity :D

Do you think you will have to vent in the summer months?

I smoked some great LOOKING GDP but it didn't really have a strong high, what is yours like?

Nearing 2lbs per 1000K is a very nice job too :D Good work

Darth Fader

I've been using GH 0-6-9 for years now, on 11 different strains, all in coco. My buddy changed his schedule on my recomendation and just got his best yields ever.

My water is 140-160ppm.

Veg 0-6-9, diamond nectar, silica, florolicious plus, 2-3ml cal mag for veg.

Thx PA, that's helpful. I was wondering about Krunch's ppm from tap. I used to be on ro, but now only have tap @170. Holy buffer batman! - it takes a lot of pH down to move it. I typically used 5-7.5 ml CalMag/gal w/ ro & don't really know how much to use w/ my tap now. I like 6/9 in flower, but thought my plants weren't a deep enough green in veg. Maybe I'll try again.

Darth Fader

:tiphat: just wanted to say that i absolutely love this method......

currently using 6 ml's of hardwater gh micro and 10 ml's of bloom all throughout flowering.

ppm's never get above 600. i flush at the end of ever res straight out of tap, once a week.

the plants are always in perfect health, no deficiency of any kind, next to no lock out. may see a tad of lockout the day before flushing if any at all.

Krunch, what's the ppm of your tap water? You're handwatering, right? How often do you have to water rockwool?

krunchbubble

Veteran
i figure that you can add calmag, but you cant take the calcium out of the tap, i have never used hardwater in this area, we have some of the best water in the state, but there still is calcium...

Nice grow Krunchbubble, you said you're using Head's formula at 6/10 with rockwool? Because of coco having excess potassium compared to rockwool, you increased the bloom to bring the NPK ratios closer to lucas' numbers? what else goes into your recipe? Been using Heads formula in coco for about a year and i love it.
i first used this formula in coco, then switched over to rockwool. figured if anything was wrong i would dial in the gh a bit more, but it seems to be perfect the way it is. only other thing used is calmag at 1/2 strength maybe every 3-4 res changes, if i see any deficiencies..

Well KrunchBubble I guess that is a good way to save on electricity :D

Do you think you will have to vent in the summer months?

I smoked some great LOOKING GDP but it didn't really have a strong high, what is yours like?

Nearing 2lbs per 1000K is a very nice job too :D Good work
didn't vent last summer, the warehouse never got above 80 i believe. 20k in lights and only a 5 ton split ac, goes against everything that we were taught. my gdp is some of the best i have seen or smoked in a long time. i actually hate purple weed. but i have been smoking on gdp for about 4 months now and i still get high as hell off of two bong shots.....
Krunch, what's the ppm of your tap water? You're handwatering, right? How often do you have to water rockwool?
last time i checked, it was under 100. my meter only goes down to 200. and up to 4500. i used my boys meter to get the number under 100.
hand watering everyday. the gdp is currently getting a semi slow 12 count and the kush are getting a slower 15 count, the kushes drink alot!