What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Headband

Pirate

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death !!
Veteran
The original headband in also know as Diesel #1 or Original diesel, Daywreck also. Linage can be searched out here on IC. The 707HB is a Sour Diesel X OG cross. We have both cuts here, not similar really at all.
Thanks Man. I appreciate the response.

But that raises another question.

I recently picked up something called Paris Kush. I was told it is Sour D x OG Kush. After researching I have found many names for it.

Is it 707 Headband / Diesel Kush / Sour OG / Paris Kush or all of the above?

Thanks !!

ElGato

Veteran
good call el gato. nothing that good is can be atained by walking into a club

hey man , i could be wrong ya know lol:D

and i'm sure alot of clubs have great cuts(just not the real headband aka underdawg)
it seems like the name headband has become somewhat of a marketing tool here of late

i have an original diesel cut and a headband cut...they are both great smoke but neither is the real deal ...go figure

mj

headband is super popular, and it herms alot, its pretty easy to find bagseeds in hb, my homie let me dig through the bottom of a p bag, and i found 20 seeds, im gonna take a male from my chemdawg bx2 and hit up my hb momma, then maybe backcross it and release the seeds

Ok.

I've researched all I can and found that the strongest, most elite strain out right now is called Headband and is supposedly available in cutting only but should be available in seed form SOMEWHERE!! I'm EXCITED!!!

Can someone please tell me where I can get this in seed? f2's are ok.

Below is some more info:

"Probably the best smoke in the entire Los Angeles Area. One hit makes your lungs collapse and the room go black. I call it the Baby Killer. "

----

Humboldt Headband: The Best Marijuana Ever?
Headband, Humboldt Headband, 707 Headband, West Coast Headband, Daywrecker

http://humboldtgrow.wordpress.com/2008/07/06/the-best-mj-ever/

"A strain called headband has quickly become the most sought after strain in Humboldt County. Similar to Sour Diesel and O.G. kush, this strain smells amazing and is incredibly strong. I would have to say that this is the most desirable srtain of marijuana that I have ever come across. "

-----

“Re: What is the strongest cannabis out there? So far HeadBand!!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

without ANY doubt chemdawg & og kush are the strongest weed for a indica type strong stone..several others like WR & heri are like 24-26% thc but good og kush like OGRaskals fire og kush or chemdawg 1991 or chemdawg d is like 35%thc easy..its a whole different level of high..
original headband is very potent because of the chemdawg 1991 influence..the 707 headband is og kush x sd 2 more chem related genetics..i would say headband is 25-30%thc depending on the which cut..”

----

”I’d get it for sure, I’ve tried headband a few times from humbolt county, of the 4 or 5 strains I had at the time it was my fav.. “

-----

"i came across some stuff called headband today also
and its from credible characters
i hear its from og kush x with sour diesel and then when thats in tact they cross it with master kush
nor cal
this is the best stuff around"

------

"head band was offical its the defintion of a one hitter quitter i paid 150 for a quarter and 600 for the ounce it was the dankiest ive ever come across it does the job and is most def worth ever cent spent on it"

------

There us the 707 and the real “headband”. The real one is like putting your head in a vice, unfortunately the 707 doesn’t match up. Unfortunately I cannot share how or who aquired it.

-----

while headband is excellent and a worthy candidate for the top 5, anyone who has smoked chemdawg d, can confirm for you that headband is a watered down version of chemdawg, thats what makes it special, chemdawg d trounces headband in a blind taste test or potency match every time. also alot of the headband you see going around i believe is sourdiesel x masterkush

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
while headband is excellent and a worthy candidate for the top 5, anyone who has smoked chemdawg d, can confirm for you that headband is a watered down version of chemdawg,
and it Herms allot?....no it doesnt ...even under decent amounts of Stress...no it does not Herm...who are you btw, and do you have any pics?....
sorry but this is not correct......please just make your own choices and conclusions...not everyone knows how to grow these "Well"... IMO....HBand is slow...and takes a longer flower window...ChemD is the same but theres 2 phenos in this variety to start with a very Sat and a very Indica.....so guess it matters which one you have?...
I have a Sat dom pheno in Form but with Indica Bud structure that takes 10+ wks...

The original headband in also know as Diesel #1 or Original diesel, Daywreck also. Linage can be searched out here on IC. The 707HB is a Sour Diesel X OG cross. We have both cuts here, not similar really at all.

thnx for talkin on that SoCal....I didnt know the 707v was a deeper hyb...

I hold the Headband (Loompas cut) and its as these gentz say...aka: DayWreckerDiesel..Diesel#1, and or UnderDawg...

you guys want pics?...Ive got a grip of um...or a few anyway off hand...not my best grows of it but I'll post better soon...But yes its a Killer TOP Shelf with very very Heady effects....
FOE20
Slips : Chem 101, I have all of the chems except the 91, and the sister
You can see that the d, snowdawg, 3. And 4, need a 2-3 week vegg ... For sog style and 4 weeks topped for small bushes. The superdawg needs to be flowered from clone ...
Peace all .... If you got the 91, I heard she needs a 2 month vegg just to get small bushes, the apothacary chem yeilds like og ... And needs to be trained the same ..

Crush

WOW!

Thanks for the pics! I envy you! The last pic shows the headband DNA easily. I didn't know it was so indica heavy... or at least looks that way in that pic.

The fan leaves are very unique in appearance.

Man you're my hero for growing such an elite strain and showing some pics!

+1 rep for you

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
aint that the truth:wallbash:

any headband in a club or being traded around these boards isnt the real headband aka underdawg

the 707 aint it

mj

So if you guys know how to get the real one you should, and then start spreading clones around. There is no strain that should be hoarded. Hoarding is just greedy. When I make crosses I spread the seeds around to all the people I can. I tell them to keep a mom, and give out clones. If they wanna keep getting beans from me then they gotta spread the love.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
headband is super popular, and it herms alot, its pretty easy to find bagseeds in hb, my homie let me dig through the bottom of a p bag, and i found 20 seeds, im gonna take a male from my chemdawg bx2 and hit up my hb momma, then maybe backcross it and release the seeds

a friend of mine had two headband bagseeds. he planted one, harvested it, planted second one, brought it to me. the smoke from the first seed was insane. i have chemd, had a jar of it at the same time, enjoyed the bagseed headband everybit as much as the real deal chem d.---no idea what hb it came from, but taste was similiar to chemd.

lord siva

I have about 8 beans that popped from a single bud of headband, i thought it was a local strain looked and smoked alot like sour.

ElGato

Veteran
I hold the Headband (Loompas cut) and its as these gentz say...aka: DayWreckerDiesel..Diesel#1, and or UnderDawg...

loompas headband isnt the real one either bro

it's an OG kush....maybe the original OG kush, but it's not headband aka: DayWreckerDiesel..Diesel#1, and or UnderDawg...

mj

REZDOG

Veteran
Hilarious thread.
Hint: Headband/D#1/Original Diesel is desired most by people that never grew it.
It's good,but not Top Ten,and imo there's many many better out there.
Most people who "have" "headband" actually have a Sour Diesel hybrid of one form or another.
Fwiw,FOE's "headband" photo pictured....is simply not THE Headband Clone.
There IS only One,the others are simply hybrids that are similar.
The Cali clubs generally have zero access to anything "elite",but they do know how to write "kush" on every label with a marker. :D
Think about it-if you were producing "elite" weed for clubs at top-$,would you sell your genetics (read: livlihood!) for $10 a clone,to any poor slob?
I know for a fact that clones are MUCH more closely held than that.

Cheers!

N

nekoloving

Ok I did find a location for the clone which is easily attainable by those in California:

http://www.goodkarmagrowers.com/clonemenu.html

Why can't someone like Rez Dawg just get some clones, induce nanners on them, and just fem some seeds for the public. They could be ready in 90 days.

It's ok if there's different pheno types or non stability, we'll get 1-2 keepers out of 15 seeds. No crosses with other strains please - that's for us to do etc.

This is just so simple to me. It's the only way to improve on the strain and move things forward. There's so many here on the forum that have access to the Headband clone.

heh maybe i should try that for my first project evar? medical seedz ;)

how would u induce the nanners? just light stress? whats the easiest soil to grow in? [your opinion of course]

Crush

Well Rez I found another article. I don't think people in humboldt county are making it up when they say it's the best and most sought after. How often do you ever read any articles about strains being sought after? And when I read twice people paying 600 to 750 an oz and saying it's worth it.. well.. I think that says a lot.

http://humboldtgrow.wordpress.com/2008/07/06/the-best-mj-ever/

img_6068.jpg

"A strain called headband has quickly become the most sought after strain in Humboldt County. Similar to Sour Diesel and O.G. kush, this strain smells amazing and is incredibly strong. I would have to say that this is the most desirable srtain of marijuana that I have ever come across. It’s exclusivity makes it pretty hard to find. Supposedly this strain is a mix of the O.G. and the Sour Diesel. A blueberry headband has also been propogated as of late."

Also another thread from another site who got Headband and Chem-Dawg from his dispensary. Color/bolding the font is HIM and not mine:

Holy smokes guys, the Legend is toasted to say the VERY least...

The past two days have been a wonderful celebrating my birthday with my family and friends! I'm also fortunate enough to live in one of the world mecca's for top quality cannabis. With that being said I bring you FRESHLY harvest, straight out the curing jar, Purple Headband & Chem-Dawg!

This Purple Headband is RIDICULOUS!!! ...you can literally feel this stuff in your brain...at-least it feels that way!!! The name is no joke, this legendary Humboldt strain was grown to near perfection this year by an expert grower and close friend of mine. The beautiful looking buds are completely purple with almost no green at all, and you better believe they smell wonderful! With an INCREDIBLE sativa high that simulates the front part of your forehead, this is some of the finest quality ganja available anywhere today, it is both my privilege and honor to bring you the photos bellow!!!

REZDOG

Veteran
If it's the "best and most-sought after in Humboldt County",then they're simply bored in Humboldt County.
Itsa' flavor of the month,and pretty funny,as it's been available to clone-traders for years now. Closely held? Only in print. :D

N

nekoloving

If it's the "best and most-sought after in Humboldt County",then they're simply bored in Humboldt County.
Itsa' flavor of the month,and pretty funny,as it's been available to clone-traders for years now. Closely held? Only in print. :D

Says the man who only sees locks on open doors =P

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yes I would

yes I would

Hilarious thread.

Think about it-if you were producing "elite" weed for clubs at top-$,would you sell your genetics (read: livlihood!) for $10 a clone,to any poor slob?
I know for a fact that clones are MUCH more closely held than that.

Cheers!

I would sell them to just anyone, and I would let them sell them to who ever they want too. I's rather have infinite friends than money. I cant still make a living in many ways. I wouldnt depend on just one breeding project, or clone. What if your mom dies, and no one else wants to give you a clone back, because you were a greedy strain hoarder. oops your fucked. I am not calling you that. I am just making an example. I'm sure your totally cool. To each his own anyways.

Cheers

N

Nathindica

:yeahthats

I don't understand why breeders don't WANT their elites out there being grown and smoked. Isn't the world a better place if everyone puffin on GOOD weed? I just started growing... and am only still researching the ins and outs of breeding... but if and when i come up with something special... I'll surely want the rest of the world to be smokin it. Much more satisfying in my opinion.

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
When i 1st started on this site i wanted all the elites i could read about. Even lost some hard to find Tom Hill beans, tryin to get ahold of them, but all the bullshit that come with them anymore, I happy with my beans. Id rather now exactly what im growing, and have fun learnin that plant, than the shit that comes with elites anymore.

P.S. If someone did give me a verified clone, im spreadin that girl like herpes at a orgy.

Smoke1 and keep growin folks.

Always nice to hear from REZ. I do agree, the original Diesel/ Diesel #1/Headband/Daywreck/Underdawg is nice and has earned it's place in the elite hall of fame but there are much better cuts to be had. Still popular never the less. We do prefer the 707HB to the original around here, it's much more potent.

There are many Sour/OG crosses out there and some of the best hybrids around. What name is tagged on them, well, we'll never know them all. Fun thread!

Pirate

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death !!
Veteran
See what I mean Man ?

Everyone has another story / knows a friend / has the original / that's not it / There's only one / I have the only one / So and so has the only one / The only one is dead / There never was "an only one" / wish I had the only one.

The "only one" is:
This or that / some of this and some of that / Never had any of that but has lots of this / Don't know what it is but its not that / wish I had some of that / you can't have some of this because he's the only one that has that /

Where did it come from?
It came from over there / Its a cross breed made by the friend of a friend of a friend (but he's dead now) / Its a hybrid / Its land-trace that I got while serving in Afghanistan / it came from over here / It's bag seed / I shit the seed out after eating a weed brownie and popped it in 1987 / don't know where it came from / never knew / can' tell / Won't tell / shouldn't tell / Its elite and there is only one and he's never shared it with anyone "BUT ME".

I'm convinced NO ONE KNOWS and NEVER DID!!!!!!!!
:wallbash:

Lest just say we like it and leave it at that.:joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts