What's new

Haze Discussion Thread continued

harvestreaper

Veteran
corrupt police is there any other kind ?maybe some just dont kow it ?lol i hear you big ol place you live out there ,,even on this lil rock there plenty of small circles who never know each other and smoke diffrernt strains from each other for years etc , do you not think its a lil bit coincidental that all these seed companys got mystery strain origins ??i mean they all do,,, and if you think about it ,,its harmful to there business to tell everyone what there usp is ,,, they all do it ,,,its the nature of profit an business it dont happen in private hands no mystery shaggy dog stories lol take shanti he always been great with me very straight honorable in our private dealings and ive had no problems with anything i got from him ,,but man the vagueness in his descriptions are comedic therees no grey area its a joke lol they all talk in riddles lol and it aint by accident because its self destructive to there business to do otherwise so i guess im saying we must not forget theyve all shown this by there own free will ,,sam ..nev shanti ..posi etc theres a diffrence in the answers you get between talking to a private individual; and talking to a buisness

gonanchoa

Yes, many times breeders provide more information than they really must. I also agree that they have to keep some secrecy to prevent other ppl copying.

But I think that due to the legal situation and the lack of IPP and honest behaviour among some members of the guild, have made a whole-lot of a mess. hahaha

For example amnesia: if the guy/company who discovered the clone, could have distributed his clone because ppl kept their word, it would have been easier to make available amnesia clone to everyone and no need to create and sell spin-offs. Furthermore, everyone who bought "pure amnesia" seeds thinking that it existed in my opinion, has been busted. It isn't hard to educate the public, most ppl are happy to learn.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Just found a great post from Dubi regarding OTHaze and light cycles.
This could help when you guys start cracking those Haze seeds Flo-Pow sent out:

Thanks Big Nasty for your courage, patience and skills to bring your Oldtimer's Green Haze phenos until the very end of flowering, your updates are greatly appreciated and are a great example of how to finish successfully an extreme tropical sativa of this kind indoors.

My personal experience growing and breeding with this strain for almost 15 years:

12/12 photoperiod -> Produces extreme stretching and first appearance of preflowers, although if you keep this photoperiod continuously (which is the classic photoperiod for the flowering of most strains indoors) the Oldtimer's Haze will just grow and grow without producing much flowers or without showing signs of ripening. To start with sexually matured clones instead of young seedlings lowers down drastically the size of the plants, although the stretching still will be overwhelming.

11/13 -> Stretching stops quite a bit and Oldtimer's Haze starts to define budsites, but not much more.

10/14 -> Oldtimer's Haze produces abundant (and constant, with the right feeding) reflowerings, starting to ripe some of the older flowers.

9/15 or 9.5/14.5 -> This is the right photoperiod to make ripening the latest reflowerings.

The 9/15 or 9.5/14.5 photoperiod matches very well with the number of hours of light we have here on 37ºN in Xmas time/New Year, and it's the time when our outdoor Oldtimer's Hazes finally finish in my climate.

I have had much more success finishing properly Oldtimer's Haze outdoors than indoors, both regarding potency and quality of terpenes, but you will need a coastal warm climate (similar to Mediterranean, or coastal California, or Florida) in fall that has no frosts or snow even in the worst colder days to succeed. These outdoors photoperiods (from 11/13 until 9.5/14.5) along with the low temps also makes the strain to show the Purple Haze phenos in the plants that have the genetical disposition for it.

Hope it helps.
https://www.icmag.com/forum/icmag-ve...6#post11911006

EDIT:

Another post from Dubi that could be useful:
Good day cway

Growing haze indoors is a challenge even for the most experienced growers.

Haze is a very tropical outdoor line and has never been adapted in pure form to indoor growing.

We are honest with Oldtimer's Haze description. She's recommended for tropical/subtropical climates. We only recommend haze indoor grows for breeding projects: pure haze seed production or haze hybrid seed production.

Oldtimer's haze line preserves a very interesting genetic diversity to all breeder/growers interested to explore its original genepool, but line has lost lot of vigour after years of inbreeding reproductions, can not be compared with original F1 sativa vigour. Line shows its real potential when selected haze parental plants are outcrossed with different and interesting breds to restore hybrid vigour again.

Hazes are difficult to grow side by side with modern sat/ind fast flowering hybrids in the same indoor space, it's better dedicate a room for hazes with special light cycles.

For indoor growing, it's better flower selected and matured haze clones. They are enough old for a correct flowering.

Starting from seed:
1) Start seedlings in small pots, 18 light/ 6 dark cycle till sex defintion. You can expect very high female ratio.

Starting from clones:
1) Flower rooted clones in small pots directly to 12/12 light cycle.

Now for both:

2) Flower plants in same small pots for 1.5-2 months, 12/12 light cycle.Use of small pots reduces excessive elongation during initial flowering.

3) After 2 months aprox. hazes will start to define budsites and stop flowering stretching. Now is time to re pot them to bigger pots with plenty of guano, worm casting and let hazes naturally absorb nutrients from soil. Tropical sativa root system is very active even in flowering stage. Hazes will have access to abundant nutrients, producing medium sized equilibrated sativa plants of decent yield, of course yield can not be compared with modern indoor sativa hybrids, but this would be the best way to grow them indoors.

Sorry for my english. I hope it helps. dubi
https://www.icmag.com/forum/icmag-ve...75#post2069375

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
🥵 Spicy! Sweet OHAZE
7309F863-FCE5-4F8C-9D1C-A581644AA3B8.jpeg
1EC772C2-E77E-4B19-AFEE-07858A0781F1.jpeg
cotiledoni

gonanchoa

🥵 Spicy! Sweet OHAZE

For weed i would use a cardboard roach, like it to be solid specially for big zoots. I usually use the tip of a cig as a roach... I smoke mostly hash and use 1 1/4 paper size ;)

When i see people rolling like that it reminds me of cheech & chong

goingrey

CANNATORIUM gonanchoa

Cardboard tips suck. All kinds of glue and bleach whatever chemicals and well the cardboard/pulp itself. I swear it impairs the taste and general experience. If that is psychosomatic/placebo then so be it, it still bothers me.

RAW glass tips are great though. They also make rolling perfectly shaped joint really easy. Just roll the paper around the tip.

But there's also nothing wrong with the Cheech & Chong way. You still have a tip. It's just a very luxurious tip made from weed.

And if you're not living a life of such luxury or just want extra pothead cred... simply smoke it to the very end, clinging on to the last few millimeters of the joint with a roach clip, holding it right next to (but not directly on) your lips, hippie style.

Or eat the roach, the THCA has been activated. Call it smoked (like smoked ham or smoked fish).

In all honesty I must admit I have experimented with 6mm activated carbon filter tips in a pathetic attempt to be more healthy, but I'm not proud of it.

gonanchoa

CANNATORIUM gonanchoa

Cardboard tips suck. All kinds of glue and bleach whatever chemicals and well the cardboard/pulp itself. I swear it impairs the taste and general experience. If that is psychosomatic/placebo then so be it, it still bothers me.

RAW glass tips are great though. They also make rolling perfectly shaped joint really easy. Just roll the paper around the tip.

But there's also nothing wrong with the Cheech & Chong way. You still have a tip. It's just a very luxurious tip made from weed.

And if you're not living a life of such luxury or just want extra pothead cred... simply smoke it to the very end, clinging on to the last few millimeters of the joint with a roach clip, holding it right next to (but not directly on) your lips, hippie style.

Or eat the roach, the THCA has been activated. Call it smoked (like smoked ham or smoked fish).

In all honesty I must admit I have experimented with 6mm activated carbon filter tips in a pathetic attempt to be more healthy, but I'm not proud of it.

I must say with a cig tip is very important to keep it dry... if you wet it with saliva, it tastes like shit. hahaha never tried the raw glass tip but must be a good option.

I know there is no problem with the hippy style! My experience is that its smoother, but smoking the end was like in the film or a waste. Never eaten it!

For health go vaping... It doesn't taste the same and the set up is annoying compared with rolling one. I wonder how you did the activated carbon tip?

goingrey

I must say with a cig tip is very important to keep it dry... if you wet it with saliva, it tastes like shit. hahaha never tried the raw glass tip but must be a good option.

I know there is no problem with the hippy style! My experience is that its smoother, but smoking the end was like in the film or a waste. Never eaten it!

For health go vaping... It doesn't taste the same and the set up is annoying compared with rolling one. I wonder how you did the activated carbon tip?

Regular cigarette filters (cellulose acetate) I'm not a fan of at all. Even if you keep it clean of saliva it will get mushy from the resin/tar.

Yeah vaping, eating, sublingual tinctures.. they are the way. But it's not the same.

The activated carbon tips I currently have are "OCB Activ'Tips Extra Slim Virgin". 6mm, unbleached, ceramic ends on both sides. They are alright.

gonanchoa

Regular cigarette filters (cellulose acetate) I'm not a fan of at all. Even if you keep it clean of saliva it will get mushy from the resin/tar.

Yeah vaping, eating, sublingual tinctures.. they are the way. But it's not the same.

The activated carbon tips I currently have are "OCB Activ'Tips Extra Slim Virgin". 6mm, unbleached, ceramic ends on both sides. They are alright.

I mean the other tip of the cigarrette... :)

i dispose the filter or use it to press the top once rolled

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Yes, many times breeders provide more information than they really must. I also agree that they have to keep some secrecy to prevent other ppl copying.

But I think that due to the legal situation and the lack of IPP and honest behaviour among some members of the guild, have made a whole-lot of a mess. hahaha

For example amnesia: if the guy/company who discovered the clone, could have distributed his clone because ppl kept their word, it would have been easier to make available amnesia clone to everyone and no need to create and sell spin-offs. Furthermore, everyone who bought "pure amnesia" seeds thinking that it existed in my opinion, has been busted. It isn't hard to educate the public, most ppl are happy to learn.
Check out Ace seeds site. They give very detailed info on the breeding of most of their gear.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why would you want to use a filter is a better question :D.. It sure doesn't add anything. If you use the same filter a Cigs do, those filter out flavors big time. Using a glass crutch is fine..

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
like that army-green colour...:D

PS. Why people in US dont use filter tips ? I saw it often never know why ?

We dont use them here ether i like my joints with no filter the taste in my opinion is a lot nicer.

I just dont mull the flower up super fine like i would if i was smoking it out of a pipe or bong.

gonanchoa

Why would you want to use a filter is a better question :D.. It sure doesn't add anything. If you use the same filter a Cigs do, those filter out flavors big time. Using a glass crutch is fine..

hahahaha you don't get it either? I never use a filter... Im not sending picture. I break the tip of a cigarrete. Use the rest of it to mix it with polen to be specific. Have you ever wondered why the size 1 1/4?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hahahaha you don't get it either? I never use a filter... Im not sending pictures. I break the tip of a cigarette. Use the rest of it to mix it with polen to be specific. Have you ever wondered why the size 1 1/4?

Filters of any kind just aren't my thing. Those paper tips RAW sells some like but these are not filters. I don't use those either. We don't mix weed with tobacco in the USA. All I use are 1 1/4 papers.. That extra length doesn't mean to add a filter lol. If that is what you like that's fine. No one I know uses filters.

Last edited:

Chi13

ICMag Donor
True to form, a haze thread leads to disagreements as to whether a joint should have a filter or not. :smoke out:

Haven't had a joint in years. Vape, or the occasional pipe.

Latest posts

Latest posts