What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Haze Discussion Thread continued

gonanchoa

I think that you growed...Amnesia cordobesa/cordoba cut (from hypro seeds) famous spanish cut.
It smells like coffe/nutes,pepper....but it wasnt Hazey in Haze way.....My cut isnt peppery at all.

This cut I have smell like old school Nevilles Haze....Very medicinal,varnish and some persley/oregano and bit of candy sweet (mostly orange peel+pineapple sweetnes) it have bit of smell that
raises the stomach, as if you smell some poisonous plant.(like persley,tomato stalk + varnish) ....Not pungent like OG,but pungent like good Haze...

Will harvest it in few days.

For 10 days 2 week will be smoke report.

Will post preharvest pictures....but last week it foxtail like crazy in every direction....you will see....

And about lineages of Amnesia....hmmmm

1 story is that this cut of Amnesia Haze I have...comes from Canada via SamS.
1 story is that its the seed bank of Nevilles personal cuts Haze x NL1.....1988 first Haze x NL.

It was around 90's in NL....and after 2000s crew that keep it.

they quarreled and sent police to destroy their grow each others....and its lost around early 2000's

After that it being keept in small circle of people....that is what i know...

Maybe SamS know much more about it....if he is around he could say something about it....

But im 100% shure while reading milions of pages of Haze and Amnesia lineages that Sam somwhere said that original and first Amnesia Haze was Haze/nl cross.

Shure its not SSH 98,core or hypro cut....have some similarities but all this cuts are like this cut+ skunk or fruty NL.

I found this:

Nice flowers xpress-1 ,, loving the fat colas ,,

Nope, sorry. we don't think so....

As we understand it...

Amnesia [Hy-pro] = Amnesia (dutch clone) x Afghan.

Amnesia [Royal Queen Seeds] = Amnesia (hy-pro) x Amnesia (hy-pro) fem.

Amnesia Haze [Soma] = Amnesia (dutch clone) x (G13 x Haze)

.. whatever I's sure they all smoke with fire!!

Hope this helps

Describing flavours and olors is very subjective and sometimes people express the same taste/smell other way, so its hard to understand. hahaha I'll do my best. I'll leave ssh aside but my understanding is SSH = (NLxHaze) x (Skunkxhaze)

As a summary for Amnesia:

1. 90's first Amnesia was a NlxHaze (were those seeds nevile's? nevile sometimes named males first thus your nomenclature).

1.A. Amnesia dutch and core cuts are selections of those? Where do we place them? Are there 2 of them or the same? Whats their smell and flowering periods?
1.B Amnesia haze by sam skunkman - The clone you have is a selection of those seeds. Flavour is old school neville Haze - citric + herbal

2. Amnesia (hy-pro) seeds = (Amnesia dutch) x Afghan - Cordobesa cut is a selection of these - taste is coffee / spicy

3. Soma Amnesia haze = Amnesia dutch x (g13xhaze) - taste is Coffee + lemon

-----------------------------------------

I wrote this before reading your last messages.... I would appreciate Sams views and also other's people's input like the guy from hy-pro or soma because it doesn't make much sense to me that now amnesia is just an old school haze, and people in amsterdam at the time only had copies.

To me Amnesia was a recessive phenotype found in a haze hybrid (nl haze, haze nl or f2 selection). Maybe selection was done in the US before bringing to europe or it was done in europe. It got famous in Amsterdam. I understand that if the market demands Amnesia, everyone would want to have it on the menu being the original or not, most clients won't know anyway. Those who had the original cut would give out hybrids seeds (no male found to match), therefore pure raw flavor of the cutting would start diluting in all seeds available.

Could cordobesa/core/amnesia dutch be the same, only that there were original and f2s/copies running around with the same name, thus the confusion? Considering that many dutchs were operating in Spain and how cannabis marketing works... it makes sense to me at least! No real amnesia seeds available, only hybrid seeds and several cuttings running around with different names (some original, some S1, others hybrids).

Anyway, I look forward for your final pictures and smoke report, be it the classic original cut or not, by your description looks excellent quality haze which is what matters at the end. Btw where did you sourced yours? is it in the US or Europe? Are you planning on making seeds?

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
I found this:

Describing flavours and olors is very subjective and sometimes people express the same taste/smell other way, so its hard to understand. hahaha I'll do my best. I'll leave ssh aside but my understanding is SSH = (NLxHaze) x (Skunkxhaze)

As a summary for Amnesia:

1. 90's first Amnesia was a NlxHaze (were those seeds nevile's? nevile sometimes named males first thus your nomenclature).

1.A. Amnesia dutch and core cuts are selections of those? Where do we place them? Are there 2 of them or the same? Whats their smell and flowering periods?
1.B Amnesia haze by sam skunkman - The clone you have is a selection of those seeds. Flavour is old school neville Haze - citric + herbal

2. Amnesia (hy-pro) seeds = (Amnesia dutch) x Afghan - Cordobesa cut is a selection of these - taste is coffee / spicy

3. Soma Amnesia haze = Amnesia dutch x (g13xhaze) - taste is Coffee + lemon

-----------------------------------------

I wrote this before reading your last messages.... I would appreciate Sams views and also other's people's input like the guy from hy-pro or soma because it doesn't make much sense to me that now amnesia is just an old school haze, and people in amsterdam at the time only had copies.

To me Amnesia was a recessive phenotype found in a haze hybrid (nl haze, haze nl or f2 selection). Maybe selection was done in the US before bringing to europe or it was done in europe. It got famous in Amsterdam. I understand that if the market demands Amnesia, everyone would want to have it on the menu being the original or not, most clients won't know anyway. Those who had the original cut would give out hybrids seeds (no male found to match), therefore pure raw flavor of the cutting would start diluting in all seeds available.

Could cordobesa/core/amnesia dutch be the same, only that there were original and f2s/copies running around with the same name, thus the confusion? Considering that many dutchs were operating in Spain and how cannabis marketing works... it makes sense to me at least! No real amnesia seeds available, only hybrid seeds and several cuttings running around with different names (some original, some S1, others hybrids).

Anyway, I look forward for your final pictures and smoke report, be it the classic original cut or not, by your description looks excellent quality haze which is what matters at the end. Btw where did you sourced yours? is it in the US or Europe? Are you planning on making seeds?

I really dont know I qoted Esko trusted breeder from NL which is on scene very long. Before today I dont know,he know personaly Soma and Shanti so probalby he knows....some things in deep.
Than me or man that provided me cut...after all he was musician and his focus is on music.esko was breeder and very passionate and respected so his focus is more on gentics...Who know still is all hazy...:D

Europe,not I dont have plan to make seeds...thats the most importent thing that it is cutting with great quality. :D

Piff_cat

id like to see more discussion and info on the original 88 release in general. the nl1 breeder line along with afghan 1 g13 and others were donated to wagernian(sp) university in holland by the seed bank, sssc etc and have been tested in scientific research papers. those results could be very useful to decipher which f1 clone onlys correlate to lineages. for example afghani 1 has a distinct profile which includes guiaol, eudesmol, and terpinolene. this accounts for the "medicinal" smell nevil disliked and purged from his lines. cuban black haze (mother of bandaid haze) has a higher guiaol count then the other haze clone onlys tested at piffcon. so its possible it could be an nl1 or afghani 1 for mother. i showed reg seeds pics of his nl1 x haze to dj9 along with cannatoriums clone and dj9 recognized both as having the look of original nl1 x haze 88 release. maybe if u got your cut tested after harvest for terpenes and cannabinoids some good progress could be made coorelating the nyc haze clones to the holland haze clones

Red October

Could we rather discuss the haze hybrids and other Neville's work in the appropriate threads, no need to keep drawing anyone into the mania of the Dahlia. This conversation has gone on for more than 2 decades and has just gone around in circles with people thinking they could set opinions straight with reason even though the person it's directed towards has never smoked pure haze let alone grown it.

It's the same as trying to tell someone the effect of coffee is better than tea but they've only drunk tea their entire life and swear that it's the better even though it's not the same as coffee, it's pointless as there is no reasoning with chaos and a chaotic mind.

gonanchoa

I understand it has been a debate since the Nl boom, and probably everything has already been spoken. Also you are right that probably few ppl know what real haze is.

But there is ppl that can talk about the haze that arrived Nl, clones selected and seeds made, and its easier to keep an active conv with links than to just read old post, many with pictures deleted. Also, I don't think it harms anyone that people growing haze crosses show here their experiences or ask any doubt. It is good to have active threads.

In fact I think your attitude pushes away ppl. Its like with "corridas de toros", if you don't like it, why don't you just don't go and let who ppl who like them enjoy? Its not that I like them specially, but its an argument for freedom. For true freedom we must learn to be tolerant with others.

Red October

You said it perfectly gonanchoa and I agree with you on every point, including my attitude and how it might effect others but it is born from a remembrance of the same conversation perpetrated by the same individual over the last 2 decades of my life.

​​​​​​I got heavily absorbed into this thread just like I did before until I managed to finally put an end to it internally and I hope constructive threads can be created to properly discuss certain lineages and their pedigrees so we can truely understand what we are dealing with as it's become so rare in this day and age.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eJlN9jdQFSc

Last edited:

Fitzera

So, to refresh my memory and get this Haze talk going again...

Which Haze offerings, current and former are a selection and not open pollination? Were/are the majority open pollination?

THH and the repros are open pollination. Seedsman was a selection? IChaze, selection?

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Could we rather discuss the haze hybrids and other Neville's work in the appropriate threads, no need to keep drawing anyone into the mania of the Dahlia. This conversation has gone on for more than 2 decades and has just gone around in circles with people thinking they could set opinions straight with reason even though the person it's directed towards has never smoked pure haze let alone grown it.

It's the same as trying to tell someone the effect of coffee is better than tea but they've only drunk tea their entire life and swear that it's the better even though it's not the same as coffee, it's pointless as there is no reasoning with chaos and a chaotic mind.

like it or not Nevil played a huge roll in the Haze story .

As for me not growing pure Haze well i went with Nevils Haze as it was better.

Define pure Haze you cant it started as a hybrid in California from unknown linage if we are going to be honest.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I see it like this we have the history part to the Haze story and that is important to document and keep it and honest as we can.

Then we have what i feel is a much more important part to this story that involves all of us.

To firstly preserve what is left and to if possible improve on what is left for the future.

Sam and Nevil stood on the shoulders of others we are all doing the same now.

Red October

Haze as far as Sam has said, and no I don't trust everything Sam has said either as I appreciate toms opinion more based on my own limited experiences with true sativas and my understanding of them as that's all I grew up with.

Hempy i hope you don't realise how much of an affect you have on people but you've managed to draw crowds into heated discussions about haze further down a rabbit hole than I could ever imagine. All I can say is from me is that you were a direct reason for me not growing haze or nevils haze from when I started having internet access.

​​​​​​

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Haze as far as Sam has said, and no I don't trust everything Sam has said either as I appreciate toms opinion more based on my own limited experiences with true sativas and my understanding of them as that's all I grew up with.

Hempy i hope you don't realise how much of an affect you have on people but you've managed to draw crowds into heated discussions about haze further down a rabbit hole than I could ever imagine. All I can say is from me is that you were a direct reason for me not growing haze or nevils haze from when I started having internet access.

​​​​​​

If in any way you honestly feel something i have posted at any time has angered or upset you then i apologize as i have honestly never set out to do that internationally to any one even my enemy's.

Its easy to blame me but it takes 2 to tango mate and i wounder how you or others would feel if you were targeted by multiple fronts for simply posting and being a fan of a set breeder or breeders.

As for Sam's Haze he has posted that he was told different lineages by each haze brother so that means Haze is a unknown sat hybrid.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
One cannot say that something is better that they have not tried. Impossible.

No they cant lost but one goes off and researchers other peoples grow threads and go by their smoke reports and other growers experiences and that was what i did.

Back in the late 90s on wards the forums CW/OG were full of grow threads and people experiences with set genetics.

On top of that Neville's Haze won the High Times Cannabis Cup in 1998.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
...................As for me not growing pure Haze well i went with Nevils Haze as it was better........

HEMPY, I'm curious, did you have access to or smoke any of the pure sativa's (other than Thai!) that made up O.Haze from back in the day?

............ and how about the Haze from back in the day, were you able to get that were you were located?

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
HEMPY, I'm curious, did you have access to or smoke any of the pure sativa's (other than Thai!) that made up O.Haze from back in the day?

............ and how about the Haze from back in the day, were you able to get that were you were located?

Hi Cosmic i grew and had access to Lots of different sativas the Thais and Colombians were my main staple and favored.

I have grown Indonesian Maui lots of other things threw the years to and friends had different things also.

I have smoked things from African Black to Acapulco gold that came in lids (oz tins ) Panama reds that were red and so much more.

We had a line here being called tripping weed from early 70s that is as far back as iv heard so far up until 80/81 and that would cost you the same price as a oz would for a dime bag full. The tripping weed looked like oily wet leaf no one i knew had seed to that wish we did i think that was early Haze.

We only knew of 2 Colombian types here the Red and Greed types i still have the Red and a friends uncle has the Green.

The ward HAZE i first saw on the forums but the smoke i first experienced from Nevils Haze was not new to me it reminded me of a few old things we had here. Hope that was what you were asking.

harvestreaper

Veteran
The ward HAZE i first saw on the forums but the smoke i first experienced from Nevils Haze was not new to me it reminded me of a few old things we had here.
finally the mystery of nevs diffrent haze ,,solved ,,,,old oz genes ,,just joking but hey i aint ruling it out ,,,yet lol

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
No Nevil was on the other side of the continent (country ) he saw mostly Thai he told me.

We were lucky here as a lot of the imported stuff came threw us as we had the most corrupted police force in the country lol.

gonanchoa

Love J.Cash! thanks for the link!

Haze was a polyhibrid so it had many different phenotypes. Hybrids were easier to grow indoors and I want to think thats what happened at the time, looking for fast flowering hibrids with sativa high. And that's why its so hard to find pure haze nowadays.

I also think pure hazes must be grown outdoors to fully develop. Indoor light intensity isn't enough.

Also as Hempy is saying. Most people indoors given a pure haze will see it impractical as happened with mango haze testers. At the end everyone has its preferences and limits. So the best for me might not the best for everyone.