What's new

Haze Breeders/Growers....

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Calm down dudes ...we don´t want a Haze hill thread again :)
I´ve grown TomHill´s Haze and Oldtimer´s Haze so far,and was lucky enough to sample several TFD OH grown outdoors and indoors, in Spain.
I have grown and smoked a lot of Haze hybrids as well.
TomHill´s is still my favourite :D

268.jpg

Thank You for the post Raco, and also your contribution and information. Great pic. Lovely thin Sativa leafs.

Owl Mirror

Veteran
Honestly , im not being a snob Owl,,,your statement was just totaly inacurate bro,,,do a lil more reaserch on MHaze,,,,,i think you will change your opinion when you looks back,,,,but thats just my opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantibaba
the Mango comes from a parallel cross same as SSH but with one difference
Haze A male combined to Sk 1 or Sk HzA being the male plant, the female is NL5HzC

Originally Posted by Sativa_Grows provided a link to http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=82182

Post comment #10 offers a quote where that information is related.
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=1536159&postcount=10

Apparently all those involved in that conversation should reflect upon the information being passed along. I presume that includes Sam_Skunkman & shantibaba

1luvbigherb ~ brotha watcha drinkin you hav said alotta crazy shit

You may wish to take your complain up with both of them.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I do hope that questions about the origins of HAZE disappear. It is called "HAZE". Haze Bros. founded it, Sam The Skunkman perfected it. End of that story......

somewhere in the mix your story begins,,,,,,:)

imo,,,,what CBF said about constant hybridization by the HazeBros is massivly important,,,,the discription and even the name HAZE must have been in total limbo for years, simply because of this Outcrossing

what typa batch do you think you have?

I think that the work that Tom Hill is doing with his Haze is great and I can't wait until people get his work and grow them out. .

well thats 1 thing we agree on

bigherb

Veteran

id lov to kno myself

what CBF said about constant hybridization by the HazeBros is massivly important

i agree thats why id lov to hav a description of each variety an hav asked time n time again for everyone who had the pleasure to give a dscription of o.haze

the discription and even the name HAZE must have been in total limbo for years

still is

tho.haze n ot haze seem to be similar these traits im not soo familar wit

tom hill hazes look georgeous but lime n citrus is not my idea of o.haze these traits n aromas r diff from wat i kno haze as

very intersting to me is that a line from only wat 95 or 97 is now considered the only pure haze available

not too say that tom hill haze isnt from hb stock but is this the stock that was considered legend in 70's i dont think soo
another note debate exist wether old ed or sams haze stock was sold to tom hill

sams stock atleast wats available in holland is not the same as the legend that is closely guarded in rotterdam

soo who brought this cut ?
why has it not been available all these yrs ?
how come no haze in the dam resembles this description?

why would sams help the haze bros wit the creation n bring her oversea only to change the most beloved strain of all time
as we kno sams favored the thai n sweet side of things

if the haze bros grew out from 71 -75 3 4 diff generations of stock wit phenos in between ther r many variations as sams said of the array of colors

is it not possible to get a desription of each years hybrids
most likely not

also for comparison id lov to kno more bout the sacred seeds offerings of haze 1-4 n burning bush n new yrs haze n all there traits

ive brought up the comparison of som of dj short srains of yesteryear such as oaxacan gold n smcg which carry traits that r prevalent in the majority of haze hybrids in nyc

ive heard som say they r growing all the available haze for comparison

they all hav been grown out threw testing of grows n smoke reports over the yrs
why cant we gather info to which line is most pure or which lines shows most resemblence to the original

1luvbigherb

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i know what your sayin man:),,,,,weed is like wine for the seedmaker,,,,,you want that vintage stuff,,,,,,,shato de tom il 1969

i want OLD STUFF too,,,,,the older the better in most cases........look at the Cheese clone ....its just an 1989 SK1, but its better than 99% of clones in Amsterdam....

its seems impossible to find a skunk clone the Cheese nowadays, too mutch "drift" seems to have happend,yet it seems common in yester year,,,,+ the Aghan stink seems to have been wiped off the face of the earth,,with Cheese and toms Affi`s being the exeptions

so from where im standing, the chances of finding "un-drifted" Haze line is pretty slim,,,,,,,but then youve got tom

Bacchus

Throbbing Member
Veteran
Tom Hill Haze

697TOM1.jpg

And some friendship from my dog Mojo.....

697RooF.jpg

Lets keep this real:

We all seem to want to summerize...but we can't :D

I enjoy what Tom Hill has done with his line. I can grow it inside under low watts 400 and still produce some ass kicking VERY resinated flowers.

The only other PURE haze I have ever grow was old Positronics. I got a very Thai looking plant that needed MUCH more light than I could give her. So the result was not very strong.

BTW, does anyone know when Positronics aquired their haze strain?

A salute to all who are trying to keep this trainwreck on track :D :D

Bacchus

Throbbing Member
Veteran
Logic drives to me one conclusion:

All of the "Haze" strains being sold on the current market are the result of the selection process of the breeders selling them. As far as I can tell NO new strains are being injected into the gene pool of the haze, just more selection.

It also sounds like since haze was never stabalized that these current breeders are doing the work in stabilizing the strain for the consumer to enjoy.

REZDOG

Veteran
I'd like to think that the "injection" of Sour Diesel genetics into (old-school,Super Silver) Haze,making SuperSilverSourDieselHaze,wasn't a "happy mistake"....
The idea was quite "new",as nobody has done it before,or since,that I know of.
DLB and OJD have selected two now-celebrated cuts of SSSDH, "The Shire" Cut and "The OJD" Cut. Both have traveled the world and OJD's has won a couple of awards,if I recall correctly-and Hazes haven't been winning much,lately,so I'd like to think of The SSSDH Project as an improvement on "hazes",silly me. :)

Cheers!

happyhi

The ORIGINAL HAZE- 1975 - 1981 Santa Cruz
every plant was unique, except for one aspect, they all kicked ass!
It came in the following colors-
1. Dark Purple almost black
2. Magenta
3.Dark Silver/Blue
4. Bright Silver

The Dark Silver/Blue was my favorite. Best flavor, last hit tasted as good as the first.
It all had a number of things in common
1. Fantastic Sweet Spicy Aroma which ranged based on color, purple being the deepest
smell and Bright Silver being the strongest.
2. Generally wispy buds, in my case more so due to low natural light.
3. Bud Density had nothing to do with potency.
4. Every variety had the same plant structure, and leaf pattern
only real difference was flower color. Color was seldom if ever in leaves only
on calyxes.
5. there was never a plant that produced poor quality but there was always
one plant that out shined the rest.

My personal observation, it is hard to compare plants that grow for 8 months in the ground to a plant that grows in a container and completes it's flowering cycle in 60
to 90 days. Something, imo, happens to develop the complexity of the plant.

The Effect-
Intense euphoric laughter
Overall happiness
a turd tasted like a truffle
any kind of fun was more fun
Creativity springs forth

I have promised to report back after my meeting with one of the original haze masters,
who was my mentor back then.
i haven't forgotten and will get it done by years end, and will report back with exactly
who did what and when. Back then the story didn't seem that important, all i cared about was caring for the ladies.

peace/hh
Strictly personal medical and licensed.

bigherb

Veteran
Hazes haven't been winning much,lately,

a reminder

08 overall cc super lemon haze
sat cup utopia haze
2nd place in both categories was haze

07 cc 1stg13 haze 2ndchocolope 3rdssh
06 cc arjans ultra haze

haze has dominated the cup for last 6 yrs also haze genetics from 88 to 94 then again in 98 n 99

this seems to be mostly wit just hazeC n nl5hzA
must be somthin special bout these genetics ya think

HH

it is hard to compare plants that grow for 8 months in the ground to a plant that grows in a container and completes it's flowering cycle in 60

i agree there is no comparison

that report was beautiful and most appreciated
those effects r highly desired n brought a huge smile to my face
a turd tasted like a truffle lmao

and will report back with exactly
who did what and when.

now this will keep me from gettin good sleep
i very much look forward to ur reports take ur time n id lov to hear exactly wat happen

i look forward to reports on
1.Dark Purple almost black
2. Magenta
4. Bright Silver

the best pure haze ive ever smoked was from the 420cafe back in 01,,,,,,,,it was tan brown and looked like hay,,,,the dry-smell translated well into smoke,,,,,,,,it tasted like spicy incense with woody undertones

was this sold as pure haze on the menu

that is wat im familar wit

1luvbigherb

Last edited:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
propper haze gives me the shakes,,,,paranoia too,,,,,,

most amsterdam coffeshops sell quick/HighYealding phenos of haze,,,,it never seems to hit the spot

the best pure haze ive ever smoked was from the 420cafe back in 01,,,,,,,,it was tan brown and looked like hay,,,,the dry-smell translated well into smoke,,,,,,,,it tasted like spicy incense with woody undertones

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tom Hill Haze

697TOM1.jpg

And some friendship from my dog Mojo.....

697RooF.jpg

Lets keep this real:

We all seem to want to summerize...but we can't :D

I enjoy what Tom Hill has done with his line. I can grow it inside under low watts 400 and still produce some ass kicking VERY resinated flowers.

The only other PURE haze I have ever grow was old Positronics. I got a very Thai looking plant that needed MUCH more light than I could give her. So the result was not very strong.

BTW, does anyone know when Positronics aquired their haze strain?

A salute to all who are trying to keep this trainwreck on track :D :D

I thank you for your inclusion of the photo (what we need more of) and I also like how you explained how Tom Hill's Haze has done for you, also how you give your lighting used.

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran

I am not sure the original origin of the beans that were passed my way. Most likely never will. They were just titled HAZE.

One thing is that the plants that I have grown from my seed batch aren't nearly as light green as the plants that I have seen pictured here. The plants are more of a robust dark green (my Thai is light green). There is no fruity taste to the smoke. It tastes like coffee and the smell of a burning incense. The smoke that fills the air afterwards smells like stale tobacco a little bit and incense.

These plants that are produced from these beans are nothing in Color like my Thai, they smell nothing like my Mexican (although the color is close to the Mexican) and the leaf itself is more broad then the Tom Hill Haze although the bud structure is close.

I mean the family that I got these beans from are mountain people. They live so far up in the Woods that it is insane. They don't grow like me. They aren't putting plants in Kiddie Swimming Pools filled with Fox Farm Ocean Forrest, Perlite, Lime and Chicken Poop. These people dig a hole, throw in the Crap of their dogs, rotten fruit, egg shells or whatever else is around cover up the hole, poke a hole in the top of that plant the seed and go water it every once in a while even though the plants are right off of the back deck of their cabin.

The family has never bought clones or even Nutes. They brought the seeds up to the Mountain when they moved up there and that is what they grow along with a Skunk Cross and something called "Sweat". The HAZE is their main staple plant and it is rare that they share it and I am very glad that they blessed me with beans.

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It tastes like coffee, with an incense type of exhale

this haez sounds special the incense trait i believe is from traits of haze bros haze

No one is really old enough to remember a real HAZE (the oldest smoker was 36) so no one said this is HAZE

you kno its puzzin still to me as you mention again the lack of report detail decription of this legendary strain haze bros haze /ohaze
even those who claim they smoked her dont seem to remember much n cant give proper description

i asked since ive been here for a description still tryin get one aside from sams

1luvbigherb

Looking back at this I don't know what type of report you want. All "ANYONE" can do is tell you how the high was to them.

I didn't get all tripped out and think I was Jimmy Hendrex or part of the Mommas and the Poppas or try to walk through a wall or anything thinking I was Casper the Friendly Ghost.

It makes my head numb instantly, my ears really warm, my vision gets very vivid (like if someone cleaned my eyes with windex). I also find myself watching the History Channel a lot or mopping my floors (I do a ton of mopping after a smoke of this).

I like it. It is most likely the only smoke so far that I like better then Arcata Trainwreck.

Bacchus

Throbbing Member
Veteran
I wish I could give all of the " haze" strains a run in my small set-up.

Last edited:

bigherb

Veteran
Looking back at this I don't know what type of report you want

soo once again

you kno its puzzin still to me as you mention again the lack of report detail decription of this legendary strain haze bros haze /ohaze
even those who claim they smoked her dont seem to remember much n cant give proper description

soo far i recall 3 description
1 sams
2 reeferman
3 happyhi

All "ANYONE" can do is tell you how the high was to them.

xactly my friend and in 2 yrs all i got a handful of responses n run of da lip

now the high is contradictory n will effect som in diff ways but taste for the most part should be agreed upon being silimilar

I am not sure the original origin of the beans that were passed my way. Most likely never will.

not the right minset to have

this seems to be the common response maybe i got high hopes or just still american dreamin

now tell me why will neva know

caz their r lack of reports for comparison much lack

soo i suggest n dont understand why we arent or havnt compared reports on knowledge/facts we do hav as ive been doing
but i myself hav very limited info n experience wit haze

just to throw in the air id say ur haze might be from the first crops of hbh n seems to hav more of a lumbo/mex from given info

i dont kno why many dont feel the same as i

this is the most famous strain in history of cannabis
40 yrs lata still tlked bout n most sought after

hopfully happyhi will give som insight with his reports
hopfully n fingers crossed sams will write a book

side note very happy with the current batch of uptown haze im smoking

aromas = catpiss incense undertone slighthy astringent/chemical

taste = incense spicy woody

high = starts clear n u feel like ur head is floating ,almost soo clear you think ur st8 then bang brain message very conscious of the body u feel extra sensitive to sounds n touch feeling ,hit u behind the eyes a bit also then the heavy heady part comes which is quite relaxing

bud appeal =dark green yellow golden nugs dark brown pistil
yellowish golden wen u crack da bud mmmm its thick thc glands that r blindin

after smoking the room smells like a catholic church

1luvbigherb

Latest posts

Latest posts