What's new

Haze Breeders/Growers....

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You would have a 0% chance of recreating haze, it is not a trait or a pheno, it is an actual strain just like anything else youd grow.
You should read the sticky about haze at the top of the page.
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=82182

Thank You for your contribution and for understanding what this thread is about and keeping it HAZE and sending others in the right direction. Right on my brother.

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
those 2 pics ^ speak volumes IMO :joint:

Very true statement Raco. Let see what I can bring to our community. I hope to end up with some gems. Something that the average "grower" will pass up even the very thought of growing, but those in the know will put their time (a long period of time) into.

Owl Mirror

Veteran
You would have a 0% chance of recreating haze, it is not a trait or a pheno, it is an actual strain just like anything else youd grow.
You should read the sticky about haze at the top of the page.
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=82182

I do appreciate what you are saying and will indeed read the linked article.
I am here to learn all I can.
I guess what I'm getting at is this so-called HAZE strain is a fluke that someone happened to create through their private breeding program.
Reproducing that strain on a consistent basis should be a goal.
I guess what I was confused with is that this plant is not something growing wild somewhere on the planet which was found.

Someone/anyone (maybe myself) could stumble upon a new strain which might equal or rival this individuals work through determined breeding and selecting.

Recently I was gifted some seeds that are called Haze yet, was instructed they finish in 10-12 weeks. I am curious on the aspects of Haze for this reason. I am curious as to what I should expect both in growing as well as the finished product. I was told it will taste/smell like a Mango.

I started 8 seeds and have 4 plants that I selected from those.
Four of the plants grew lanky with large spacing of the inter-nodes and four that have short spacing of the inter-nodes. One is especially exceptional with a natural inter-node distance of one-half inch between fan leaves.
The others are around one inch to two inches between inter-nodes.

I am hopeful that you may offer further advice when I begin a journal of this strains growth.

Again, I don't mean to be a contrarian in disputing what constitutes a Haze.
I am serious in my desire to understand what makes something a Haze and what doesn't so I can speak with an understanding of the facts surrounding this strain.

Take care,
Richard

btw, in the link above, I found the specific strain I have been gifted.

About 25-30 years ago the person was given seeds directly from shantibaba
Here is the description of it I found:

Originally Posted by shantibaba
the Mango comes from a parallel cross same as SSH but with one difference
Haze A male combined to Sk 1 or Sk HzA being the male plant, the female is NL5HzC

Wish me luck !

bigherb

Veteran
I guess what I'm getting at is this so-called HAZE strain is a fluke that someone happened to create through their private breeding program

no fluke its a whale lol
brotha you gotta start listening read my original haze thread question for sams

im all for it i wish this was the mindframe of many breeders

but it will neva happen never

the best imports over those golden yrs late 60's early 70's were all collected n wrked wit that opportunity is lost forever so are those strains wit a handful bein the exception

id lov for that too happen but as
dubi said we should concentrate on pure sativas available n create a new super haze in same fashion

wen i first posted here my main focus was o.haze then sams stopped posting i have many question and few answers i asked the specific lineage of haze golds highlands n lowlands

only a few were recalled but this is the man wit the key in hand only he an a few others would know reguardless if it will ever be stated or not i still dont believe if you follow the reciepe you will produce the desired product becaz its much more involved in selection process

but just for the books and better understanding i loved to kno each n every strain each year names origins n soo forth
I am serious in my desire to understand what makes something a Haze and what doesn't so I can speak with an understanding of the facts surrounding this strain.

id lov to help u understand wat is it your still unsure of

your question has been answered many times in many ways

if it anint from haze bros lines it anint haze period

Someone/anyone (maybe myself) could stumble upon a new strain which might equal or rival this individuals work through determined breeding and selecting.

i for one am a believer but thats a dream
it would be hardpressed to compare one super strain against 4 super strains/many other used in the hybridization process

another note the comparison wit sk#1 n o.haze is a good one as the lineage of mexican acapulco gold ,colombian gold were used in both strains

i have sk/hz from shanti this is wat attracted me to this strain the heavy s.american influence this is why i think somthin special is hidden in this line

best of luck wit ur mango haze
wat you hold is haze caz i believe it can be traced back too the hbh

1luvbigherb

Owl Mirror

Veteran
I guess what I'm getting at is this so-called HAZE strain is a fluke that someone happened to create through their private breeding program

no fluke its a whale lol
brotha you gotta start listening read my original haze thread question for sams

im all for it i wish this was the mindframe of many breeders

but it will neva happen never

the best imports over those golden yrs late 60's early 70's were all collected n wrked wit that opportunity is lost forever so are those strains wit a handful bein the exception

id lov for that too happen but as
dubi said we should concentrate on pure sativas available n create a new super haze in same fashion

wen i first posted here my main focus was o.haze then sams stopped posting i have many question and few answers i asked the specific lineage of haze golds highlands n lowlands

only a few were recalled but this is the man wit the key in hand only he an a few others would know reguardless if it will ever be stated or not i still dont believe if you follow the reciepe you will produce the desired product becaz its much more involved in selection process

but just for the books and better understanding i loved to kno each n every strain each year names origins n soo forth

id lov to help u understand wat is it your still unsure of

your question has been answered many times in many ways

if it anint from haze bros lines it anint haze period

i for one am a believer but thats a dream
it would be hardpressed to compare one super strain against 4 super strains/many other used in the hybridization process

another note the comparison wit sk#1 n o.haze is a good one as the lineage of mexican acapulco gold ,colombian gold were used in both strains

i have sk/hz from shanti this is wat attracted me to this strain the heavy s.american influence this is why i think somthin special is hidden in this line

best of luck wit ur mango haze
wat you hold is haze caz i believe it can be traced back too the hbh

1luvbigherb

no fluke its a whale lol

How I am understanding is this, the above locations each hold a vast field of plants. The individual's who created this Haze were fortunate to find the specimens in each field and combine them in just the right amounts/pheno's.

The Skunk was developed from some of the same fields and seed stock yet, produced a vastly different strain/pheno.

i wish this was the mindframe of many breeders

I may have arrived at the party a bit late but, I'm trying ;>}

My field may only measure 3x6x8 but, I'm looking for the Holy Grail too.

amoril

for what it's worth Owl Mirror, if the seeds youre now asking about are legit Mango Haze from mr nice seeds, then its generally accepted that you are working with legitimate haze lineage.

on paper, it's 50% haze. it's been selected to display the haziness, so it may in practice be a little more hazy than just 50%

C

Cinderella99

So...Wait a minute...I'm confused...Who is it that has the real holy grail haze here?

Is it reservationlabs or is it owl mirror?

LOL

Owl Mirror

Veteran
:laughing:

yeah,1979-1984...even before the Skunkman brought the Haze over to NL

LOLOL!

Let me understand this correctly, you are holding me responsible for dates not matching up as I was told ? Now I am to be laughed at simply by relating what I was told ?

Ok, so sorry to have even come in to such a thread where snobbery is the norm among the participants. I'll not comment further since I am demeaned unjustly for your own pleasure.
I suppose once i grow them out, post up pics and smoke report I'll once again have your snobbishness to contend with?

happyhi

somewhere i posted the original haze poster made for the '76 season.
in nature we trust, the cosmic boogie.
peace/hh

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This thread has been visited by and posted in by Tom Hill, Raco and Rez. That is a nice group to visit and give information. And behalf on this entire community and everyone who has read this thread I would like to say Thank You.

happyhi

i have embarked on a serious haze breeding program. i currently am breeding
about 8 different strains. Three provided by OJD of Connoisseur Genetics, Two different strains by bumble buddy and a number of landrace seeds from the the far east, thai, mekong delta provided by Gypsy including a few others. Will be back breeding using a couple of different landrace thais to various
hybrid species including some progeny breeding. i profess no experience other than having grown the Original Haze from 76 to 81 and want to find it again.

I will relate my limited experience with the original haze having grown and smoked what you all are pining about. It was a remarkable plant, that produced a euphoric feeling that left you often with a sore jaw from smiling. It came in colors like those represented in the poster, from deep purple to shiny silver. It tasted like nothing i have ever tasted since. The closest thing in terms of sweetness that i have tasted in todays varietals is trainwreck, but it is a poor imitation. The colors where not a function of temperature like so much of todays purple, it produced bright green leaves with the color contained exclusively on the calayxe like someone hand painted each one. The best taste came from the light silver variety, but it all tasted like different sticks of fruit with a very deep rich aftertaste. The taste was amazing but the effect was what made every piece of it
promised for long before it was ever cut. And to cut it meant an 8 month run of paranoia.
It required lots of patience and love for the herb, when everyone else was pulling around halloween you were just hunkering down for the haul to the harvest moon in december.
The cosmic boogie/ peace/ hh

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hay Owl Mirror,,,rick here,,,not a snob thats for sure...believe me, id fix your toilet,,,for a price,,,,

Anyways...

no offence Owl, but your understanding of things in the WorldOfWeed is far from acurate,,,,,,its oviouse your just guessing at sone of this stuff,,,,,you need to be honest with yourself, dont count on your current info bro,,,,open your mind a FRESH,,,,,some peeps here at icmag know the truth about what you speke!!,,,,,,,,,,,for instance, your comment on Shanti was crazy bro,,,,,the peeps you chattin to here are on a HIGH LEVEL,,,Raco, Rez, Amoril...shit you got some of the best here,,,trust me,,let them teach you,,,you just need to be open to it..your current info is blocking your learning prosess,, "imo"

How can something be PURE when it is a conglomerate?

here is the answer to your question......will someone please correct me if im wrong :)

Haze is a name that was given to a SPECIFIC SEEDLINE years ago,,,, it was created by the Hazebros an they gave the SeedLine its name!, HAZE!!!!!,,,,prior to this "Haze" was not in existance,,,an without the HazeBros the name Haze would have never been heard in the Canna Comunity

the Hazebros created the "Haze" SEEDLINE by hybrizing LANDRACE CANNABIS!!!!!!!,,,,once the initial hybrization was done the prosess of INBREEDING was started on the Hazebros "Haze" SEEDLINE,,,,

after many generations of INBREEDING and BACKCROSSING the HazeBros`s SEEDLINE was able to be given the "IBL" tag.............an so, Haze IBL was established most peeps call it "HAZE" for short,,but its actualy an IBL........btw,, "IBL" means Inbread Backcrossed Line.....

once a SEEDLINE has the IBL tag, then it is considerd "PURE" by Biology students!!.......an thats "How something can be PURE when it was initialy a conglomerate"

:)

rick

Azra'eil

original haze is a pure line ? i think most of the canna community think an ibl is a pure line, a line stabilised threw generational crosses, who bred true for many traits in the offspring like sams skunk.

az

temunator

is the original haze by seedsman the real original haze? cuz i bought 10 seeds for 20$ and wondered bout the low price for a original strain^^

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
original haze is a pure line ? i think most of the canna community think an ibl is a pure line, a line stabilised threw generational crosses, who bred true for many traits in the offspring like sams skunk.

az

Is This A Question Or A Statement bro?

i wonder if samS would dicribe Haze as "pure",,,......

"from what i read",,,,,, o`haze is a polyhybrid, but through the IL/INCROSSING or IBL procedure its classed as "pure"....all species have to star somewhere....or am i wrong?......

Azra'eil

seedsman says on their site their original haze is from sacred seeds so i think its the real deal ,otherwise you have flying dutchmen oh but a bit higher in price and personally i will wait for tom hill release in few weeks, his stock comes from positronics and it looks that he has done a great job on it.

Last edited: