What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hawaiian Sativas

therevverend

Veteran
In the days of sailing ships, with hemp ropes and canvas sails, it was common practice for the British navy to sow cannabis seed at every landfall. I’m sure a record was made of the landfall @ Hawai’i

Maybe but the British strains were temperate strains bred for mild European climates. They tried and failed in the Caribbean and other tropical areas. They were much more successful in the US, Australia, places at higher latitudes. The European hemp strains are very old, off the top of my head records in England go back to at least 1000 AD. For eastern Europe we're talking thousands of years.

How do you guys doing mostly indicas avoid or deal with the mold?

It depends on the time of year and where and which island. Some parts can be quite dry. Indicas finish very quickly on the islands, basically Autoflower. If you've got a two month window of a dry season you can shoot for that. I think you're experience is typical, Indicas aren't built for the tropics. The main reason is to cash crop, like indoor growing basically. Veg them inside them pop them out for 8 weeks. It's also a reaction to the helicopter activity. It's sad but nobody is growing the old time 10 lb plants anymore.

You can see it in the pictures in this thread. For the tropics those are some dinky plants compared to northern Australia or northern California. Ideally you'd want hybrids that get large, don't autoflower, and are mold resistant. It's sad, the glory days of Hawaiian growing were pre-1990s. There was a lot of great SE Asian hybrids during and after the Vietnam War. Those are the Hawaiian genetics I'd be interested in but they're mostly gone because of prohibition.

I've never heard of Korean weed.

Supposedly Romulan contains Korean genes, but who really knows. Korea has a long history of growing hemp for fiber. In North Korea because of shortages people are smoking ganja instead of tobacco.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mari...fb_comment_id=172720412920952_283823448477314

Of course once these sort of articles started trickling out to the West the North Korean government had to say how much it hates ganja, that it's illegal. The South Korean government warned it's citizens that if they find evidence, pictures on social media, of their citizens using in a legal country, Canada, they'd be prosecuted when they return home.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/23/world/asia/cannabis-canada-south-korea.html

However there's been a tiny step in the right direction.

https://mjbizdaily.com/south-koreas-medical-marijuana-law-to-go-into-effect-in-march/

squatty

One day I think they will stop flying and the big girls will return. I hope to be there for that.

Last edited:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Can any of you hawaiian fans tell me where I might find some old Dutch flowers stuff,,, like lemon thai and chocolate Thai,, i believe both were basically hawaiian labled as Thai??

Man I miss Dutch flowers hawaiian haze,, so so much

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bro,, i don't think I can get to hawian shores for a really long time,, i want to grow that shit back at home,,, I'd need someone selling them seeds to get it here,,???,, am I not making sense??

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I lived on Maui in 1977

I spent many a day and night on this very spot pictured, at Seven Sacred Pools. Id hang in my hammock smoking Maui Wowi, Puna Butter Bud, Kawaui bud, and Kona Gold. I also harvested pounds of mushrooms all around this same spot.

One day I was followed in by 4 sharks while spear fishing in the white water. I was in too long ,with a full pouch of bloody fish. I could have been killed right there.
Anyway, I thought I would share this pic and memory with you all.
picture.php

And here is me back then with my buddy Jasper. Blue Front Amazon. Shitty picture taken with a Kodak Hawkeye instamatic

picture.php

Peace

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ Your heaven almost turned into hell! How did the old Hawaiian compare to the buds you grow now?

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
^^ Your heaven almost turned into hell! How did the old Hawaiian compare to the buds you grow now?
Its not the same. Not at all. Not even close.

Ive been to Maui thrice. Two were vacations with my wife. I may go back and see what they have in the next couple years, and make seeds with what I find

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
pretty sure he did 8 years 74 to 82. his favorite was some panama he scored off fellow sailor. then when they stationed him in europe he said hash was everywhere. got some really cool pics. gonna figure how to copy old pic and upload it you guys would appreciate it

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
He must has been having fun. He stayed in and extra tour. The Panama now is awesome, but not like the old Panama. I had that too. Same with Columbian

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
oh he had fun! wild stories hash smuggling concerts in knebworth england taking jeeps in mountains and picking keys up in mexico. said cali in the 70's was the chillest ever. my fathers still trucking he's a high fling bird

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Grew LT last year.Pretty mold and cold resistant.Bit late for outside at my latitude, was pollinated a bit by pollen of bluehemp Nepali, so see what that brings for outside.

picture.php

picture.php

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
oh he had fun! wild stories hash smuggling concerts in knebworth england taking jeeps in mountains and picking keys up in mexico. said cali in the 70's was the chillest ever. my fathers still trucking he's a high fling bird

He sounds like a cool dude.
I live in California. He's right. We had some pretty wild weed back in the day. We still do.

Im growing some of the seeds Nevil S. sent me several years ago, ( they have sprouted) in his honor. They are up and running. They are gonna be some monsters. They were meant to be his Holy Grail. I will take some pics for you guys. Nevilles Haze 35 x Oax 04 are already up :biggrin:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been trying to hunt down the old Dutch flowers hawaiian gear,,, seems like bhodi is the best source??

Problem is,, how the fuk do you find them in stock anywhere??,,, i think I might have found one place with chocolate trip