What's new

Hawaiian Sativas

White Beard

Not much aloha in here...

In the days of sailing ships, with hemp ropes and canvas sails, it was common practice for the British navy to sow cannabis seed at every landfall. I’m sure a record was made of the landfall @ Hawai’i

SurfdOut

Veteran
You can tell there is quite a bit of aloha between us guys that live here but we have none for outsiders that try to capitalize on it.

Aloha also means goodbye.

W

Water-

you are being way too aggresive, burningtough

go start your own thread and stop trying to ruin this one.

no one wants to hear about your bogus seed company

LostTribe

Premium user
I have been watching pua mana ohana since 2014 when they announced their seedbank.

The only people who disrespect them are people like oldhaole and sufdout who are obviously jealous of their success.

Everyone who grows the genetics seems stoked.

They just released the lab tests proving they have the old strains.

If you ask me it is half past game over for trolls like oldhaole and sufdout who try to get territorial over hawaii.

Funny it is always the guys who moved here from somewhere else like oldhaole, sufdout or that greyskull guy from san diego who act like this.

Pua mana ohana shows aloha and shares rare hawaiian strains instead of hoarding them.

Anyone can talk on a forum hiding behind a avatar to do what pua mana does takes guts.

Have you grown out any of Pua Mana Ohana seed stock? I am skeptical as the Pure Hawaiian strains they have listed like Maui Wowie and Kuai Electric also Kona Gold are "OUT OF STOCK" Looked like most of the rest of the offerings are current day mainland polyhybrids. If they didn't have those I would be more inclined to believe them to have real heirloom sativa's etc.

I have heard of the blood but not sure if they had it in stock either. Also listed Puna Buddaz which I have Family outside Puna and they tell me that story is a lie.

I stated earlier if anyone knew of Hawaiian landrace not knowing everyone here thinks there aren't any native strains well how about just a Hawaiian Sativa? I smoked Hawaiian Indica SS way back but was not really impressed I believe it is a NL cross. NL growth mostly indica in the offering.

LT

LostTribe

Premium user
If they are sold out business must be good despite all these haters.

It looks like everyone who has grown pua mana pakalolo is happy or they got kona gold fever like Pakalolo supply co in alaska.

Pakalolo supply co may not give shout outs to pua mana anymore but good luck getting them to take pua mana pakalolo off their menu.

It's their...precious now...

Have you grown any pua mana strains?

Or do you just say you know someone who knows someone who says something different?

I could care less what people who are too afraid to use their real names and hide behind fake online avatars to troll people who work hard to preserve the old strains says.

Why do you?

These folks are all talk.

Here is some walk for you:

View Image

View ImageView Image

And if that is not enough for you here are the phylos bioscience lab tests from hawaiian bloodline:

View ImageView Image

You need more evidence?

I do not need any more evidence that these haters like sufdout and oldhaole are the ones running around bad mouthing the folks at pua mana with their fake reviews and all just so people will buy their "all bud grown on maui is maui wowie" scam

I for 1 am not going to sit by and let losers like this pollute the internet with lies and hate and get away with it.

Read this thread, this guy obvious does not have a clue about hawaiian buds but here he is acting like an expert while all his custy cronies back up his ignorance.

I did not have a stake in this before.

Now I do.

Justice

Point of order...

Point of order...

First off this in NOT your thread. We are looking for real proven genetics from reputable sources. Newb that has no grow pics put up or shut up. We discourage copy and paste trash posting.

Welcome to ICmag.

M

Mr D

What exactly does that Phylos test indicate except that the strain tested has a low genetic variance? It's says nothing about "Hawaiian" genetics.

Who wrote the Leafly strain description? My guess is Pua Mana Ohana. If so how does the guy whose pimping a strain gain credibility with a Leafly description that he wrote. Kind of like wikipedia.

White Beard

I have little confidence in Phylos: ‘genetic variance’ - from WHAT? Phylos is run AFAICT by the same people trying to completely revamp cannabis taxonomy, and they’re not being scientific or transparent about it.

NOT a comment on the herb in question, about which I know noting but the contents of this thread....

LostTribe

Premium user
These pictures enough for you:

View ImageView ImageView Image
View ImageView Image

Leafly and Phylos Bioscience are pretty reputable sources

According to these test results so is Pua Mana 'Ohana

Bye Haole.

Back to the discussion. OldHao and the others. What varieties do you grow if not Hawaiian Sativa. I saw Kanga posted early on as well as Mr. Nice Spice sativa x indica. Not too many pics though. This is the landrace forum.

Dog Star

Veteran
This is some CGI cannabis strains... ;D LOL

You need to addmit a guy is persistant,thats a good road to sucess..

oldhaole

Veteran
Bye Haole.

Back to the discussion. OldHao and the others. What varieties do you grow if not Hawaiian Sativa. I saw Kanga posted early on as well as Mr. Nice Spice sativa x indica. Not too many pics though. This is the landrace forum.

Ignore him. Like the tide, the mods will come and erase him and his wall of....whatever. We can look for his new incarnation after this one has been banned again.

What other varieties do we grow? Got a few minutes? It's story time....Hell, it's my thread.... I can do what I damn well want....

Pointless story time...

Well right now it's Winter. And Winter is a time of reduced expectations. You get about half what you would get in Summer. I'm not a fan of working twice as hard for the same outcome, so usually over Winter I'll shut down for a couple of months. This is also the time where I'll experiment, mess around and see if there's a better way. So last August when I'd usually be shutting down, instead I decided to see how big I could grow five plants.

I started in the bottom half of the gulch. That area has been left fallow for the past year. Everywhere else is covered, I thought if this worked I could frame it out and throw up a roof around the growing plants. Little did I know....

The genetics were as follows. Top and bottom were a total of 2 Sunset Sherberts. Between them was a Chem D, a Skunkdog, and an Original Dog. All of the genetics were found by Greyskull. The Sherbert I have only been running for a year, but the other two have been in the ohana since I made the switch from Sativas almost a decade ago. Bred in the '90's Skunkdog is the best all around plant I've ever found. Alot of people think the Dog was lost....it has been around forever, even longer than Skunkdog, but it wasn't lost.... Both Skunkdog and the Original Dog will take at very least two more weeks to finish than the Chem and the Sherbert. What does that mean? I don't know but you can draw your own conclusions.

picture.php

So I planted my last 5 scraggly starts, hung a cheapass light over them and walked away.

This year has been a strange one in the Weather department. Everything bad happened in Summer. Fire, floods, hurricanes, earthquakes, you name it, it happened last Summer. By the time Fall and Winter rolled around there was nothing left to throw at us, so they were real nice. No rain, nothing but sun. it made it easy to finish out the season. The five plants got big, soon they were too big to build a roof around.... I was gonna have to do this the old fashioned way. no roof, right out in the wind and rain, which so far... we ain't seen.

I removed the Lights Christmas day. The first storm came in two weeks after that. It put all of the plants except the Dog on the ground. I built frames and pulled everything back into shape, losing only a couple of branches. The sun continued as the plant ripened. A week ago the weather started to mention another storm. The worst timing, the plants were too young to take, and maybe to fat the ride out the storm. Take them young or chance it.... what to do?
I chanced it. Winds were recorded at 46 MPH. The next day the plants were all there.... bent but unbroken. Here's some pics before the storm. rest assured they look the same after.

picture.php

Chem D

picture.php

Original Dog

picture.php

Sunset Sherbert

Not much Sativa here I'm not sorry to report.

Overall this worked out far better that the old way of doing things. So now instead of spending time that I could better use to do nothing, I find myself rearranging the garden to fit big plants. It looks like I'm gonna need a bigger garden....

OH well....

kalopatchkid

Veteran
Geez, that was a meltdown of epic proportions. Its been a while but its nice to read your stories and get a glimpse of your garden again, OH. Hope all is well.

oldhaole

Veteran
What about hawaiian sativa?

Sunset sherbert and skunk dawg are cool and all but what about hawaiian sativa?

Isn't that what this thread is about?

Big fan of the old hawaiian sativas don't see many around these days.

Shame.

Hawaiian sativa was the best bud around in the 70's.

Guess that's why they call them the good ol' days.

I know, it's disappointing. Sorry to hear about whatever his name is today ripping you off, I just call him Manapua. The dude has been scamming his way through for far too long, but what can you do, after all it's you chasing dreams of the magical pot we used to grow way back when. It's kinda like your a rip off waiting to happen.

That's just it, your chasing a memory. Compared to what is out there today, those sativas don't make the grade. For their time they were the best, but that time is long gone. From a growers perspective they were truly twice the work for half the money.

There was no mistake. One morning we didn't wake up and all of our seeds died. In the evolution of cannabis in Hawaii things got left behind for one reason and one reason only; there was something better out there. Would I like to get into my wayback machine and go back to the '80's and return with something lost to time? Hell yea, but I won't be bringing back a Sativa, no I'd like to see some Mango Bud, or some of the old Hash Plant, you know, the first Indicas we ever tasted back in early '80's.

This thread is eight years old. The first year I could grow legally. In eight years of anyone's life I would certainly hope there is a certain amount of evolution going on. After eight years who knows what the hell this thread is about? Mostly it's about guys like you chasing something that doesn't exist anymore, and killjoys like myself trying to wake you up before you send cash to shady Pseudo-Hawaiians selling rubbish beans for big bank.

Dog Star

Veteran
Hawaii Sativa from Federation.. this pheno is most stockey from 7 ladies i have..

found only one male but i will use him for repro.. others ladies are much better strechers
so am afraid to grow them in tent,will use them for outdoor..

picture.php

picture.php

Breadwizard

Does anyone have opinions on or have heard of Hawaiian seed company? A few of their cuts have filtered to the bay area through Dark Heart, anything legit about their plants at all?

Picked up the guava jelly cbd (supposedly a worked Afghan landrace bred on Kauai) and the Napali (Hindu Sun x [powerline x ATF/pink kush?] Description contradictions)

oldhaole

Veteran
I have a question about this part of your thread:

:laughing:

You say you would grow some hawaiian sativas, if you could, but you say that those genetics aren't available to you, so you have to pass them up?

You live on maui right?

That is where the good stuff comes from, I mean, maui wowie for God's sake!

:xmastree:

Why are hawaiian sativa genetics unavailable to you when you live on maui?

Relax dude... and stop playing Gotcha.

You gotta go back to the start. This whole thread was started by yours truly to answer a posters questions about growing Sativas on the mainland. In order not to step on another thread I started this one. I didn't say what you want to quote me on, that was a statement/question asked from the other thread that I was answering. All I did was copy the question so it could be answered.

This whole thing is starting to smell fishy. It's time to go to digging, make some calls and get down to the bottom of this.

Something stinks. I smell Maunapua.

Latest posts

Latest posts