What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hawaiian Sativas

Thcvhunter

Veteran
I was getting some great blue herb when i was living on Oahu in the late 80's.

i was told it was coming from maui

i've always wondered if the blue dream wasnt actaully related to the blue hawaii strain that has floated around for so long and still is easy to find on kauai

I know what you mean - the euphoria is very much like Hawaiian lines.

But Blueberry lines are like that as well.

Green

Veteran
The thing about Hawaiian seeds is they are intertwined with aloha.

You can’t buy aloha and you can’t sell aloha.

If you come to Hawaii people will gift you seeds with eyes full of aloha. No charge...

Beware of anyone trying to hock and sell “Hawaiian” “genetics” on IG or any seed banks selling such.

True Hawaiian beans grown under the Hawaiian sun in Hawaiian soil can only be a gift of aloha.

Blessings

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm seriously considering sativa seeds banks hawian waui waui,,, i just cracked some Malawi gold from seedsman too,, I've gone sativa crazy

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Im not running any Maui right now, but I did have seeds in 1979. My girlfriend on Maui sent them to me. I wish I had them now! I was so pissed off when she sent me seeded buds of Maui. They were not grown to perfection, but the seeds were perfect.
I have 148 plants going, , and taking another 50 clones tomorrow. Many are Sativas, and Haze, or Haze crosses. Some pretty wild stuff.... I mean some full on crazy stuff!

I do Have some Malawi going too Rick. Gotta love that . Lots of Thai , and Asian genetics too. Im getting ready to do some wild and crazy breeding this year. Going full bore now. Plants indoors, outdoors, and green house. Im really having fun. Nevil took me under his wing, and always had faith in me, and encouraged me, even when I didn't, and in his honor Im going for it finally... Im going to go for it. He is gone now, but Im going to look for that grail he was searching for. He did intrust me with his crosses, and they are sprouting now. I will not disappoint him. No way!

Breadwizard

No, but it does imply or infer it indirectly. If a strain has that low of a genetic variation (by their metics of course), it has likely been inbred for many cycles. As would have been done to keep a strain before cloning was widespread. Notice how the only samples with such a low level of variation are land race or heirloom samples.

Not 100% conclusive, but certainty indicative.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im not running any Maui right now, but I did have seeds in 1979. My girlfriend on Maui sent them to me. I wish I had them now! I was so pissed off when she sent me seeded buds of Maui. They were not grown to perfection, but the seeds were perfect.
I have 148 plants going, , and taking another 50 clones tomorrow. Many are Sativas, and Haze, or Haze crosses. Some pretty wild stuff.... I mean some full on crazy stuff!

I do Have some Malawi going too Rick. Gotta love that . Lots of Thai , and Asian genetics too. Im getting ready to do some wild and crazy breeding this year. Going full bore now. Plants indoors, outdoors, and green house. Im really having fun. Nevil took me under his wing, and always had faith in me, and encouraged me, even when I didn't, and in his honor Im going for it finally... Im going to go for it. He is gone now, but Im going to look for that grail he was searching for. He did intrust me with his crosses, and they are sprouting now. I will not disappoint him. No way!

P,, didn't know nev put some stuff on you,, that's cool,, what did he bless you up with bro,,

I just cracked some Nevil's haze in respect,, i also just gota hold of some 88hp crosses to nevs haze and maple leaf indica,, nydguy stuff,,,

But fuk man,, where are the proper tropical flavours at bro,, hawaiian haze sounds just what I'm looking for,,

I just cracked

10 x Mexican x haze (seedsman suger haze)
9 x Malawi gold ibl (seedsman Africa buzz)
4 x Dj blueberry fem (seedsman)
2 x Nev haze fem (seedsman)

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
He sent me about 70 seeds. Here are some of them
picture.php
P,, didn't know nev put some stuff on you,, that's cool,, what did he bless you up with bro,,

I just cracked some Nevil's haze in respect,, i also just gota hold of some 88hp crosses to nevs haze and maple leaf indica,, nydguy stuff,,,

But fuk man,, where are the proper tropical flavours at bro,, hawaiian haze sounds just what I'm looking for,,

I just cracked

10 x Mexican x haze (seedsman suger haze)
9 x Malawi gold ibl (seedsman Africa buzz)
4 x Dj blueberry fem (seedsman)
2 x Nev haze fem (seedsman)

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day Doc P

The Mullum / Kariba is one you should keep an eye on .
A buddy in Hawaii grew that one a few years back it was outstanding .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

therevverend

Veteran
There's something about islands, the isolation and self reliance, the crazy stoned semi-homeless alcoholic sages, the woman beaters, the musicians, and pioneer types that build and craft beautiful things. I was drawn to one when I was 19. I still regret not making the most badass woman on the island, who was building her own house and would match me Schmidt Ice for Schmidt Ice, my woman. She wasn't pretty but she was a lot of fun and most importantly was on the side of the island without people and would have let me grow lots of ganja. The stupidity of youth..

I've got a buddy who's spent 6 months to a year a couple of times on the Hawaiian Islands. Always grows excellent ganja and always talks about growing back to grow avocados and ganja. When he gets on the phone with his Hawaiian buddies or starts talking about the islands he changes in horrible ways. He starts talking in this annoying pidgen. Starts dropping strange words hinting at hidden knowledge I know he does not have. Talks about the natives' struggles against authority even though he's white as fuck.

Any time the subject of zombie apocalypse or nuclear winter comes up he talks about how he's going to live in a jungle on the islands eating avocados. Never mind that there won't be jumbo jets flying there every couple hours and I'm sure everyone with a boat, plane, or helicopter has a similar plan and will beat him to it. Islands create weird mutants. Every other thread here about ganja in Vermont or Thailand or Jamaica or Pakistan doesn't devolve into pissing matches about pirates in pidgin or how authentically something someone is. Not complaining, I enjoy the show but I had to say it..

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I moved to Maui in 1977 in search of Good weed, fine women, and magic mushrooms. I found all three. Most of the weed was Sativa. All were great. One of my favorites had a earthy flavor. Some one told me from my description, that is was Elephant Ear. That one was spicy, and had some legs to it. The Kona Gold was delicate and had a wonderful flavor. It wasn't as strong, but was pure joy to smoke. The Maui Sativas were sweet and stoney as hell! There were visuals. It was psycodellic. You could see colors especially at night.

Peace be to all of you!
DP

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
All of these posts are very interesting. When I moved to Oahu in 1979, the weed was split between sativa's and indica's. It all depended on your hook up source.

Elephant was still around, it was a Thai sativa that grew like a giant tree. Some was decent, most was shitty. Indica`s usually appeared in the winter. Again, some were ono (number one, top shelf), some were mediocre, most were terrible.

There was always weed being offered that originated from California and other locales that were sold as local. It was easy to spot, simply because it just wasn`t the same. One sniff, one puff was all I ever needed to figure it out, once I had learned better.

My favorite sativa was the Haiku Kookoo that my good friend grew in Kaneohe, which originated from Africa. I have already posted pics of this strain on a previous post in this thread. Ono magical sativa it was, truly crippler when smoked, with no bottom. It grew out like a huge tree with a main stem the circumference of your ankle in the long season, and stunter like in short season. Tasted like tangerine and berries.

Generalizing, Oahu weed was not as good as outer island weed. Of course, there were exceptions to this norm.

I use to get Molokai buds. The friend that got them for me was the same crazed local hoodlum buddy that grew the African sativa. The buds were long dense cola's with slight purple high lights, definitely sativa, and had a spicy flavor. Anacin with hints of black licorice are the spice combo that comes to mind. Leper buds was the moniker of choice.

Kauai buds were always medium to small button size buds, hence indica. Sweet, perfumey and way potent are the memories I have. It was the same with buds from Maui.

Big island buds were usually the creme de la creme, and were both indica and sativa in origin. The best, as I remember was the Kona Gold - best of the best from all the weed I smoked there, IMHO. Sweet, spicy black pepper, VERY potent with a gold color. My guess is that it was a Columbian Gold seed strain that had acclimatized itself to the Kona sun and soil, increasing over generations in potency.

I also distinctly remember buds from the Puna side that tasted like butter. We called it Puna Butter, and its terpenes would dance on your palate hours after smoking it. It was potent, sweet and I knew the grower I bought it from very well. Because of this, he sold it to me for $110.00 per oz., unmanicured !!! That was a cheap price.

I will stick my neck out on this one and say it was probably an indica, but I'm not 100% certain on that. I scored plenty of kick ass indica's from the Big Island that were short season plants.

Years later when I returned back to the main land, I still remember bringing back a jar of seeds that I had saved from my travels. They are long gone. How I wish I knew then what I know now..... :wallbash:

One more thing. The local boy vs. hoale boy mentality some of you have going on in this thread reminds of the kind of shit I use to see all the time back then. I had many friends that were both. I also had good friends from Brazil, Venezuela, Tahiti, Thailand, Tonga, Samoa, Fiji, Korea, Japan and Micronesia. It didn`t matter.

Respect was never given, it was earned, and never easily at that. When it was, it didn't matter where the fuck you were from. We became brothers, and always stood up for one another, no matter what. Skin tone or your origin was honestly not a factor. Hawaii has always been a melting pot of different cultures. In the early 19th century, even the Russians had a military base in Kauai. Yes it's true. Google it if you don't believe me.

Capiche...???

RMS

:smoweed:

S

Sertaiz

ho!
that is one nice website yall got.
i always wanted to try some other old island strains, when is puna budda and kauai electric going to be back?

are their any grow journals on these strains?

looks like its been a lot of work, id be defending myself too. plenty strains.

Latest posts

Latest posts