What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hawaiian Sativas

krood

I was just having this conversation the other day, my dads friend lives in hawaii and he's been breeding the same plants for the last twenty years, and he's like "i don't know what the hell it is" i just keep crossing it, but i figure its Hawaiian, thats what i consider it at least after growing out there that long, I'm sure it wasn't grown there until he got his hands on the beans. but his had super wide leaves really dark almost bluish, and were really short and bushy not a sativa expression from his stock.

Manastasis

I am unsure of the validity of this article. To my knowledge the breeders of the so called gmo strains listed in the article and the link therein on the history of chem and og kush being gmo polyploid strains have validated the origins of those strains and i dont believe their story includes genetic modification. If the state of hawaii is using such propaganda to give law enforcement more leverage to curb medical cannabis cultivation then we are getting nowhere fast. Any senior members, moderators, or legit sources care to validate/ discredit? Things could get yucky if it were indeed true...

soopy

Veteran
How well does Dutch Flowers' Lemon Thai exemplify a Hawaiian sativa? I've grown quite a few f3's from Bodhi and some f4's I made and they are definitely hybrids, but very sativa in effect and terps....it was rumored to have come from Hawaii to DF fwiw...

Respect to my island peeps....

Manastasis

I don't know if anything says Hawaiian landrace pakalolo like da webbed leaf strains. From the mango sap to da strawberry web the gene pool runs deep. Some stay worthless some are caviar...

The Revolution

Veteran
How well does Dutch Flowers' Lemon Thai exemplify a Hawaiian sativa? I've grown quite a few f3's from Bodhi and some f4's I made and they are definitely hybrids, but very sativa in effect and terps....it was rumored to have come from Hawaii to DF fwiw...

Respect to my island peeps....

Very good question. Id be interested in that also. Ive grown my share of Lemon thai, working on regenning my seed stock now, from old DF stock. These plants scream hawaaiian to me, I dont know if the smells, or what but it just looks and smells, and smokes exotic to me. I have two lines, one of unknown origins which grows extremely small and shrubby with very skinny sativa leaves, and the other is verified DF stock.

Dirtboy808

Veteran
I would say yes because we had ton's of Thai stick here also I can see some traits in the Thai I have that are in the Molokai Frost. Aloha DB

kalopatchkid

Veteran
Anyone have access to any legitimate Hawaiian landraces?

LT

No such thing as a Hawaiian Landrace, despite how many walls of text that fraud at pua mana ohana will regurgitate to try and convince you otherwise.

There are a few modern Hawaiian "heirlooms" that have been bred in the islands and can hold their weight against any other elite out there when done right....skunkdog, pog, lilikoi aka puna diesel, dirty widow, etc.

And when I say "done right" I mean sungrown. If you want the full experience, its gotta be grown outdoor and subjected to the elements. I tried the pog and skunkdog recently from the new dispensary on the big island and they fell way short of my expectations...hardly any flavor or smell or high when compared to a good outdoor harvest, the only thing that was better was bag appeal but I think good bag appeal should include a smell so loud that a bag cant contain it.

Dog Star

Veteran
I didnt sees any review on Puamanabanana seeds,is there is somebody growed
those seeds and actually showed hole ciclus of plants...??

Also prices are pretty high for something that dont have some great reps..

oldhaole

Veteran
Once again Kalo has hit the nail squarely on the head.

And like usual, burningtough has missed the board. Cannabis did not get here on the feathers of a bird, and it didn't float here on a chunk of driftwood, nor did it come along with Cook (nice try on that reach). Man, more specifically, not Hawaiian men, introduced cannabis to this wonderful little rock.

I've done a little research and the first mention of Marijuana in a police report on Maui was in 1934. So we know it was here before that. It was found in Filipino Camp and the majority of that migration was @ 1910. One way or another, weed has been here for about 100 years. That's about it.

Burningtough takes a tiny bit of truth and like a pearl in an oyster coats the tiny bit of truth with many countless coats of bullshit. Maui Wowie does not exist. Nor do any of his flowers named after places in Hawaii. All bullshit. That wall of text he throws up any time you challenge him? Total bullshit. The bullshit may sell on the mainland, but people here, as you can well see, find it offensive.

And here's the kicker.... the dude ain't even Hawaiian. He's as Haole as me.

I just don't know what to say......

I've never tried to sell anyone anything so I don't get why I should be jealous of you. But I do find it offensive when a fake Hawaiian takes something that is not his, and doesn't even exist, and tries to make a buck out of it. And because it does this so poorly, he degrades the name that took so much time to establish in the first place.

That's right. Everyone in Hawaii is being stolen from. You don't see it or more likely don't care. Our reputation is all we have and your trying to make a dime out of it.

Because here is the truth. Those old strains? What you call Maui Wowie? Back in the day they were the best. But that day is passed, it's long gone. Now there is better out there. We didn't lose the old strains.... we threw them away.

Last edited:

oldhaole

Veteran
Oldhaole it is you who is stealing from hawaii by claiming to represent there.

You are stealing the culture of the people who worked hard to preserve what is left of the old hawaiian strains.

You never grew any of pua mana ohana strains or got hooked up by locals with even one hawaiian sativa so what do you know?

You sound like those scientists who say there is no such thing as extra terrestrial life because they have no visited them personally.

Ignorant

You have no aloha and you are not from hawaii.

You are just a lame pathetic oldhaole

Like shooting fish in a barrel....

1) My name is Haole. Unlike you I embrace it. By it's very definition I am an outsider. Always have been. I make no claims on Hawaii. Except what I own... I paid for it, it's mine.

2) again wrong. It's called projection. Your projecting your faults on to me.

3)You seem to think that the Hawaiians had a big part in the illegal cannibis trade way back when. They had their fair share, but the innovators were mostly Haole. Don't claim what doesn't belong to you. Maunapua had nothing to do with it back then.

4)you got one right!

Anyway your messing up my thread. You bring nothing except self promotion to this.

Do us all a favor and go away.

Latest posts

Latest posts