What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hawaii Green harvest 2016

mikeandnaomi

Crazy talk about helicopters etc. With legalization and the feds suppose to be easing up.
Coming to your property - wow. Sounded like someone was smoking batu (no disrespect - it just sounds crazy) - but with so many saying - its gotta be true. stay safe. protect them plants. Lived in Kaimuki back in the 80's Waimānalo bud was real good. So they catalog card holders and match pictures (from helicopters) up with plant counts on the ground?

militia420

"The term ''ultimate user'' means a person who has lawfully obtained, and who possesses, a controlled substance for his own use or for the use of a member of his household or for an animal owned by him or by a member of his household."

How will you explain the "lawfully obtained" part when you decided to not obtain it lawfully? I'm just curious, not trying to be rude.

I personally like having the piece of mind of having my card, knowing the law is on my side as long as I obey the plant limits, but thats just how I prefer to pick my battles.

Read over the code that they use to charge people with violations. You'll see the only people who are required to have a license for handling and distribution are the doctors, pharmacists, nurse practitioners,etc. Patients and users do not need the license referred to in the Acts for controlled substances in Hawaii. There is no law stating that you must obtain the substances that you use through one of these licensed individuals. There is no criminal charge for "unlawfully obtaining" a substance. There is theft, there is also forging prescriptions. But that's as close as I can think of to "unlawful obtaining" of a controlled substance.

Go here and look through the public records for what they charge people with:

http://www.courts.state.hi.us/legal_references/records/jims_system_availability

You can see where they put the commercial promotion in the title of some of the charges. Look up Michael Ruggles. They hit him with a bunch of charges. 100% of the charges involving marijuana are related to selling and commerce.

Look at this charge and how they weasle word it:

http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/hrscurrent/Vol14_Ch0701-0853/HRS0712/HRS_0712-1247.htm

They equate "promotion" with "possession". This is an unconstitutional statute as it places the burden upon the defendant to show that they weren't engaged in commerce, or "promotion", by merely possessing the things indicated in the passage. They equate simply having 25 or more plants as "promotion". Now given the ultimate user definition, who are they to say that an ultimate user is all of a sudden engaged in commerce and promoting the plants unlawfully? What if there are multiple people or pets being treated OR what if the ultimate user is interested in making sure that they have plenty of mother plants, plenty of overlap in growth stages (including cuttings for clones and actual rooting clones), or wants to avoid the possibility of losing valuable strains? There are PLENTY of reasons an ultimate user might have 25 or more plants going, at different phases, or even only in flowering.

"Promotion" is not "possession". Think about the words being used. Read and re-read the sections to see what they are really saying versus how they apply the law.

http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/hrscurrent/Vol14_Ch0701-0853/HRS0712/HRS_0712-1249_0004.htm

Section A again conflates doing something commercial with the substance and simple possession. What if some one grows and saves what they don't use and accumulates marijuana that they treat like aged wine? What if they have emergency stored marijuana for the years they can't grow or have bad grows? The simple act of possessing to use under the ultimate user definition is not unlawful. One just simply needs to show that they fit under that definition and submit the original Acts that passed the statute. Those original Acts are guaranteed to spell out that the Act is intended to REGULATE COMMERCIAL aspects of the controlled substances.

I would need to have the time to pull those Acts and copy them. I haven't felt great and I had to tackle harvesting a bunch of plants as the mid-end of August brought on some rot and mold right at the last 2 weeks of flowering for a bunch of my plants.

I apologize for not answering earlier. I wanted to give an adequate response so that people take this business of the government intentionally misapplying the laws seriously. People can fight and win, as long as you were doing every thing within the written bounds of the law. But we all have to read about this stuff personally rather than take it from one of the three BAR association members who want to ef us in the a. The defense makes money off of representing you and if they screw around and know that you have money for an appeal, then guess what will happen to your case in the lower courts... The DA gets brownie points for racking up any convictions, even if they are unlawful and unjust. They also pull in more money for the judges retirement fund. Oh wait till I tell you guys about this fund. I'll have to create a separate thread some where to dovetail with Ruggles battles. And there are other pecuniary benefits that the DA gets for misapplying the law. The Judge of course needs to keep the docket full of people who can be fined otherwise a portion of those fines can't be laundered through the County General Fund and into the Judges separate retirement account (that's right, out of all the State employees, only the Judges get a separate retirement fund, and they get to dictate how much goes into it.) So the judges will lie and even if you have every thing laid out perfect, if there isn't enough public attention, they'll lie and convict you, so be sure to get support from the community in the courts.

Look through those codes I posted and codes around them and you can see that there is no charge for "unlawfully obtaining" a controlled substance. There is theft, there is also forging prescriptions. But that's as close as I can think of to "unlawful obtaining" of a controlled substance.

If I haven't been clear enough or I've been too rambly please let me know. I'm usually sleep deprived, in pain, and dealing with things like Lyme.

militia420

Same person said DEA was waiting on the street for him when he got home today. Counted plants, checked tags, took pics then left.

Next up for licensees: Regulations on HOW you can grow your plants. They're taking pictures for a reason. Once you go down the license rabbit hole, there's no end to the regulations they might dream up to stack in to place. And when you screw up, they take the plants, or they fine you, whatever is ultimately most profitable to the people running the behind the scenes drug running (CIA), and the "legal" scene. I'm sure they've got accountants figuring out all that shit.

I can feel for those of you that want the knowledge that you allegedly have the states blessing with the license, but I would hate having the let those fuckers into my home to make sure I'm not being "naughty".

It definitely sounds like a large number of people targeted by this GH are the licensees. They probably know the 7 plant limit is ridiculously low and that people who want multiple strains, who need to clone, and who want to cross plants out really need more than 7.

If you're a licensee, I'd consider keeping one flowering at home, the others as bonsai mothers, or males to cross out, and if possible guerilla grow other females away from your land. You could have 1 mother putting out 6 clones and then when the clones are ready go guerilla with them. Just some thoughts cuz you never know that you're going to get a perfect harvest without losing some, getting ripped, rotting or molding.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What?
Go guerilla farm what I can legally produce?
Fuck that hahaha

I am trying to understand that your logic.... The math isn't computing.

I can understand/appreciate additional guerilla planting, but as a main means of providing your own flowers?

When legally you can take care of your plants at home?
You think you'd get a better harvest guerilla style than secured at home, cared for regularly?

What island are you on and what water are you drinking?
I would like to better understand from your perspective.

militia420

What?
Go guerilla farm what I can legally produce?
Fuck that hahaha

I am trying to understand that your logic.... The math isn't computing.

I can understand/appreciate additional guerilla planting, but as a main means of providing your own flowers?

When legally you can take care of your plants at home?
You think you'd get a better harvest guerilla style than secured at home, cared for regularly?

What island are you on and what water are you drinking?
I would like to better understand from your perspective.

It definitely sounds like a large number of people targeted by this GH are the licensees. They probably know the 7 plant limit is ridiculously low and that people who want multiple strains, who need to clone, and who want to cross plants out really need more than 7.

I'd re-read what I posted with the above section in mind. The limit is the issue. If licensees stay under the limit then the post wasn't intended for those people.

SurfdOut

Veteran
😊

Attachments

• IMG_20160710_083100.jpg
    IMG_20160710_083100.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20160710_083534.jpg
    IMG_20160710_083534.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20160712_173208.jpg
    IMG_20160712_173208.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 14

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It definitely sounds like a large number of people targeted by this GH are the licensees..

From the helicopters I saw zooming here and there, and then hovering for sometimes 45minutes over places, I feel it's safe to say the people targeted simply had plants in plain view - card or no card.

The helicopter was spotting gardens and the ground crews were directed as to where to go.

I know guys w cards who grow outside who got searched and raided.
I know guys w out cards who grow outside got searched and raided.
I know guys w indoor grows w cards that didn't get a knock.
And the indoor guys without cards didn't get a knock.

I don't think the card was the 'tell'.... Not the way I saw them going.
What island are you on again?

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Damn. Them are some seriously drool-worthy Hawaiian Monster Bud Trees, and I don't need my glasses to establish this fact. When it comes to the ultimate in weed growing climate and soil, Hawaii is the promised land, without question.

One of these days, I will embark on a weed sampling pilgrimage of the Hawaiian Islands, and when I do, I can only pray to the Ganja Gods that I cross paths with some product grown by the legendary Evil Genius of Pakalolo Protocol, DirtBoy808.

Casper808

Air pirates up today in haiku and kula areas.compliance checks in haiku..stopped and hovered over my house a few times,no compliance checks....stay safe....

Good job keeping the news feed going Casper.

@Dirtyboy808, what do you have covering your floor? And I'm assuming those box fans are blowing air up towards the peak of your ceiling just to keep air moving, yeah?

kalopatchkid

Veteran
At this rate, I might as well invest in a large rosin press for all my early harvest material. What a pain in the ass.

Latest posts

Latest posts