What's new

Have you looked at the North Pole lately?

Porky82

you're still a Prick.
& what's your attraction to Trumps 'neck vulva', seems a little queer to me?:jerkit:
did you have something relevant to the topic big shot?

file:///C:/Users/me/Downloads/Understanding_the_Transfer_of_Electromagnetic_Ener.pdf
Your a trump supporter in a thread about human induced climate change! 🤔
Making a fool of ya self like all trump supporters!! 🤣

Charles Dankens

you're still a Prick.
& what's your attraction to Trumps 'neck vulva', seems a little queer to me?:jerkit:
did you have something relevant to the topic big shot?

file:///C:/Users/me/Downloads/Understanding_the_Transfer_of_Electromagnetic_Ener.pdf
Bleach drunk crackpot, is that the trump puppet up your ass talking?

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
Your a trump supporter in a thread about human induced climate change! 🤔
Making a fool of ya self like all trump supporters!! 🤣
I wasn't the one who brought up the politics, I just responded to an attack on MAGA and Trump from a bucket without a bail...see post 3692...
...and now from you. you have anything better to offer other than your hatred? because
ad hominem don't cut it, and personal attacks will prompt a like response.
besides I thought this thread was about the north pole.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
Bleach drunk crackpot, is that the trump puppet up your ass talking?
you're not just a prick, you are a stupid prick!
your head is going to implode if Trump is elected again.
how about respecting Igrowones thread and keep the politics in the speakers corner? you and your new fanboi porker (or is this you in a duplicate account).

Porky82

Senator Malcolm Roberts - Killing the Environment to Save It, Again - Sea Dumping for Net-Zero!​

This bloke is an uneducated outright liar and has been proven wrong on many occasions! Nothing this fool says has any scientific credibility whatsoever!!
If you are actually trying to use this liars uneducated and wrong opinions to make some sort of case that the ice isn't declining at an alarming rate you an utter clown!! 🤣

Malcom Roberts is an absolute joke of politician and a racist piece of shit!!
So you align with his views do ya?

Last edited:

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
Tric, you're a scientist, yes? Or at least you're someone who is curious about science (I think that makes one a scientist, but that's just me).

Have you ever tested the greenhouse effect for yourself? Have you done the experiment?

Can you reproduce this result in your home lab?

no i'm not, nor have i ever played one in the movies.
i haven't done the experiment but i do see some factors that might be relevant.
the proxy for the sun, the CO2 concentration in that bottle, and the fact that both bottles are a closed system, none of which support the premise of global temperature rising in response to human activities.
if anything it points out that the temperature comes from the solar influence.
remove the corks from both bottles and repeat the experiment. i'd wager the temperature in those bottles would be near the same.

but that just me.

GenghisKush

no i'm not, nor have i ever played one in the movies.
i haven't done the experiment but i do see some factors that might be relevant.
the proxy for the sun, the CO2 concentration in that bottle, and the fact that both bottles are a closed system, none of which support the premise of global temperature rising in response to human activities.
if anything it points out that the temperature comes from the solar influence.
remove the corks from both bottles and repeat the experiment. i'd wager the temperature in those bottles would be near the same.

but that just me.
OK. But.

None of this is a matter of opinion. We're discussing things that are empirical.

That CO2 traps heat via the greenhouse effect can be readily demonstrated by a child. You can do it.

Why don't you test your hypothesis about removing the corks? Anyone who can grow cannabis has the wherewithal to investigate this for themselves.

Are you afraid of the outcome? Cognitive dissonance is unpleasant, sure, but it seems to me more cowardly not to challenge oneself and one's own beliefs in this simple direct way.

Just to clarify: the thing being tested here is only the greenhouse effect. It is not any statement about global climate, or the origin of rising atmospheric CO2. This is just about showing that CO2 traps heat from (sun)light.

Porky82

mmalliancewith-science-geograp-climate-change-has-taken-on-political-dimensions-4881041.png

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
yes CO2 captures heat, i'm not denying that, but this is a contrived experiment.

the % of CO2 in that bottle should equal the amount in ambient atmospheric air, not saturated as it obviously is because of the alka seltzer.

there should be no stoppers or restricted air flow to allow the CO2 bottle to contain all heat absorbed. 1/2 of the heat from CO2 is radiated back into space but not in this experiment, so the graph is biased and inaccurate.

no calculations on how much energy (heat) is being applied from the source lamp in relation to the distance or even how much any of it can be scaled to size of the planet .
so to compare this to earths atmosphere there must be more variables considered, such as shape of earth, circulation of water, motion of air, temperature gradient of both, and probably more than that.

there have been eons where the CO2 exceeded present day readings by orders of magnitude.
I for one hope to continue to enjoy this current interglacial period and so should everyone. I would implore you do the same.

CO2 is not a killer of planet earth, it is requirement for life of all forms.

Porky82

yes CO2 captures heat, i'm not denying that, but this is a contrived experiment.

the % of CO2 in that bottle should equal the amount in ambient atmospheric air, not saturated as it obviously is because of the alka seltzer.

there should be no stoppers or restricted air flow to allow the CO2 bottle to contain all heat absorbed. 1/2 of the heat from CO2 is radiated back into space but not in this experiment, so the graph is biased and inaccurate.

no calculations on how much energy (heat) is being applied from the source lamp in relation to the distance or even how much any of it can be scaled to size of the planet .
so to compare this to earths atmosphere there must be more variables considered, such as shape of earth, circulation of water, motion of air, temperature gradient of both, and probably more than that.

there have been eons where the CO2 exceeded present day readings by orders of magnitude.
I for one hope to continue to enjoy this current interglacial period and so should everyone. I would implore you do the same.

CO2 is not a killer of planet earth, it is requirement for life of all forms.
Humans are pumping far more co2 into the atmosphere than can be processed naturally. This is heating up the planet! That's the fact of the matter no ands ifs or buts!!
You can be childish and try to focus on a lab experiment and pretend your have some sort of scientific credibility but you nothing more than a bloke on a weed forum arguing a moot point!

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Humans are pumping far more co2 into the atmosphere than can be processed naturally. This is heating up the planet! That's the fact of the matter no ands ifs or buts!!
You can be childish and try to focus on a lab experiment and pretend your have some sort of scientific credibility but you nothing more than a bloke on a weed forum arguing a moot point!
1 Volcano puts out more CO2 than all of mans efforts.

How come the planet didn't boil away to nothing in the past when CO2 was many times higher than today?

igrowone

Veteran

How come the planet didn't boil away to nothing in the past when CO2 was many times higher than today?
Human activities emit 60 or more times the amount of carbon dioxide released by volcanoes each year. Large, violent eruptions may match the rate of human emissions for the few hours that they last, but they are too rare and fleeting to rival humanity’s annual emissions. In fact, several individual U.S. states emit more carbon dioxide in a year than all the volcanoes on the planet combined do.

Porky82

Do you actually look into any of the stupid comments you make??
Because all the stuff I've seen from you is just utter garbage!!
He ya go read these and educate ya self because you look like a complete fool with Malcolm Roberts now this volcano stupidity! 🤪

Latest posts

Latest posts