What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Have you looked at the North Pole lately?

Rgd

Veteran
Remove the sun and there is no earth!
I think you missed his point..it was sarcasm because everyone knows-->. the sun makes heat ..
heat makes wind....... and that controls the weather along with few other things[earth's axis]

but not ..much needed for growth CO2

which

as you know sir

..we need more of

Last edited:

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
Remove the sun and there is no earth! Fuck mate you are just talking absolute shit now you been made to look the fool you are! 🤣
What an absolutely pathetic response to being proven wrong! 🤣
Water vapor is much more efficient at absorbing infrared radiation than carbon dioxide is [3] [4]. Given the present composition of the atmosphere, the contribution to the total theoretical global greenhouse heating rate is around 95 percent from water vapor [5] [6].

you haven't proven anyone but yourself wrong.
the sun is the source of the heat.
water vapor absorbs heat.

remove the CO2 and you'll have no life.

any grower knows CO2 is life, why would you advocate to remove it? that is an anti-grower, anti-human, anti-livestock, anti-wildlife, anti-environmental ignorant thing to propose.
bask in the glory of your arrogance.

having lived near death valley for more than 30 yrs I can tell you with 100% certainty that temperatures are no hotter there now than then. it was as hot as it is now and most likely will always be hot. moved there in '74 and left there in 2008...first hand experience.
and you know what that hot damned place doesn't have much of? water vapor...you know, humidity.

most people wouldn't be able to detect an increase of the 2* anyway. maybe you should try a different flavor of koolaid.

Last edited:

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran

Solar Irradiance Modulates the Asian Summer Monsoon—ENSO Relationship Over the Last Millennium​

Xiaojing Du, Sylvia Dee, Jun Hu, Kaustubh Thirumalai

First published: 07 December 2023

https://doi.org/10.1029/2023GL105708

Sections
PDF PDF

Abstract​

The Asian summer monsoon (ASM) is teleconnected to the El Niño Southern Oscillation (ENSO), but this relationship is nonstationary and has shifted significantly in recent decades. Characterizing the drivers of such shifts is crucial for improving ASM prediction and extreme event preparedness. Paleoclimate records indicate a link between ASM strength and solar activity on multidecadal-to-centennial timescales, but 20th-century data are too short to test mechanisms. Here we evaluate how solar irradiance influences the ASM-ENSO relationship using last-millennium paleoclimate data assimilation reconstructions and model simulations. We find that high solar irradiance weakens the ENSO-East Asian summer monsoon (EASM) correlation, but strengthens the ENSO-South Asian summer monsoon (SASM) correlation. Solar irradiance likely influences the strength of the ENSO-EASM and ENSO-SASM teleconnections via changes in the Western Pacific Subtropical High and the amplitude of ENSO events, respectively. We suggest a need for considering solar activity in decadal ASM rainfall predictions under global warming scenarios.

Key Points​

• Solar irradiance altered the El Niño-Southern Oscillation (ENSO) and Asian summer monsoon relationship during the past millennium
  • High solar irradiance weakens (strengthens) the ENSO-East Asian (South Asian) summer monsoon correlation
  • Solar irradiance modulates the ENSO-ASM teleconnection through changes in the Western Pacific Subtropical High and ENSO event amplitude
Plain Language Summary

The Asian summer monsoon (ASM) affects over one-third of the world's population, with significant environmental and economic impacts. The ASM is influenced by the El Niño Southern Oscillation (ENSO), but the ENSO-ASM relationship has undergone notable changes in recent decades. Understanding the drivers of these changes is essential for improving ASM prediction. Previous studies based on individual records of past climate change have indicated a connection between ASM strength and solar activity over long periods, but 20th-century instrumental data are too short to fully understand this link. In this study, we investigated the influence of solar activity on the ENSO-ASM relationship using past climate records and model simulations spanning the last 1,000 years. We find that high solar irradiance weakens the ENSO-East Asian summer monsoon relationship while strengthening the ENSO-South Asian summer monsoon relationship. Solar irradiance might impact the strength of the ENSO-ASM relationship by causing changes in the air pressure systems over the western Pacific and the intensity of ENSO events. These findings imply that solar activity, combined with global warming, will affect rainfall in the ASM region. It is crucial to consider solar activity in the long-term prediction of ASM rainfall as the climate continues to warm.

:hotbounce

arsekick

1702431295288.png

arsekick

During the last "warm bit in the middle" sea levels were 8 meters higher, we might have a bit to go yet.
Need a few more degrees of tilt before we freeze again. Its coming tho and "man made" Co2 won't stop it

May as well enjoy the current interglacial while we can

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Ice age, warm bit in the middle, ice age, warm bit in the middle, ice age, where we are now, ice age, ect ect
Human bit with industrialisation, warm too much too rapidly, mass extinction, increase in CO2 and decrease in forest, food shortages due to crop failure, etc.

Welcome back kickarse/Pedro. Been a while since I've read your crap.

arsekick

So you read it but your clearly unable to comprehend it!
Arselick now are ya? 🤣
When ya going back to the serrated shit hole?
Good to see your still as dumb as ever!
Yeah arselick it is for now, locked out of all me other profiles till I fix me computer and get me email addy back.

Probably never be on TSE again, apart from you and mic they're a bunch of fucking nuffys, ya mate Billyflog has taken all the fun out of it.

Yeah yeah I'm to dumb to believe in ya "man made" global warming bullshit that's for sure.

GBAytoAXAAAsPrr.png

Reactions: Rgd

arsekick

Human bit with industrialisation, warm too much too rapidly, mass extinction, increase in CO2 and decrease in forest, food shortages due to crop failure, etc.

Its not all crap :ROFLMAO:, I like to post factual shit not ya man made propaganda garbage.

I could take a guess who you are, I reckon you must be the cat lover from TSE (y)

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Its not all crap :ROFLMAO:, I like to post factual shit not ya man made propaganda garbage.

I could take a guess who you are, I reckon you must be the cat lover from TSE (y)
C'mon it's mostly crap.

Haven't been on TSE for a long time and no longer a member. Cats are ok though as long as they're desexed and don't come near my garden. I'm from the old ozstoners site. I just recognise your posting style (or lack thereof :D).

Anyway I do recall you have ok taste in music and sativa's so not all bad. .:rtfo:

Last edited:

arsekick

How do you get food shortages because of a increase of Co2 ?

Humans are responsible for about 3% of the Co2 in the atmosphere, if we stopped all human Co2 and if it was the temperature control knob for earth the temp would drop .21 c, and earth would average 14.79c instead of 15c, and no cunt would notice the difference

arsekick

C'mon it's mostly crap.

Haven't been on TSE for a long time and no longer a member. Cats are ok though as long as they're desexed and don't come near my garden. I'm from the old ozstoners site. I just recognise your posting style (or lack thereof :D).

Anyway I do recall you have ok taste in music so not all bad.:rtfo:
Fair enough lol

Chi13

ICMag Donor

Humans are responsible for about 3% of the Co2 in the atmosphere, if we stopped all human Co2 and if it was the temperature control knob for earth the temp would drop .21 c, and earth would average 14.79c instead of 15c, and no cunt would notice the difference
You don't get food shortages due to increase of Co2. You get them due to changes in weather patterns, more severe droughts, more flooding rains. Unpredictable seasons are the worst thing for farmers. Get a decade or two of that and it can be pretty catastrophic.

As a teenager I worked in my dads horticulture business. We grew crops in a glasshouse and he was looking to increase Co2 in the early 80s but didn't go ahead. The Co2 levels he was chasing are what are around now, in 4 decades. Of course it helps increase plant growth, but the issues are further reaching than that if you combine that with reduced forest, increase in cattle grazing etc. Not to mention the damage to the oceans. Good luck humans!

Porky82

C'mon it's mostly crap.

Anyway I do recall you have ok taste in music and sativa's so not all bad. .:rtfo:
Is all absolute fucking mouth garbage from arselick/Pedro 🤣

Porky82

Responsible for 3% fuck cunt stop talking garbage. Your dumb and ya wrong!!
Have a read dumb dumb!! 🤣

Porky82

Carbon has doubled in the atmosphere since industrialisation! 🤔

Nah its the sun, Nah its water vapour, nah its a natural cycle, nah its the ocean, just take the sun away, I've lived in death valley and its always hot, it's solar winds, its solar iridescent! 🤣
Fuck the stupidity of the denies in this thread is just amazing!
What's next idiots? I'm sure it will be as ridiculous as the others. 🤣

arsekick

Responsible for 3% fuck cunt stop talking garbage. Your dumb and ya wrong!!
Have a read dumb dumb!! 🤣

From the bullshit "climate.gov" shit you posted
"In 1850, the atmospheric CO2 concentration was about 280 parts per million. The increase to the current level of 421 parts per million is all a result of human activity"

I suppose you believe this bullshit above, well I don't, it defies physics, according to your article the oceans don't outgas Co2 as it warms up or suck it up when it cools down.

So what percentage of the .04 % are humans responsible for ?, why is it only "human Co2 that causes warming and not the natural Co2 ?

What was the average global temp in 1850 ? why were the 1970s so cold if Co2 increased since 1850.

Got any real proof that Co2 is the temperature control knob of the planet ? I got plenty that says its not :ROFLMAO: