What's new

HASHPLANT

I

ijimunot

Old dog loves new tricks

Old dog loves new tricks

The outside sprouts are 5 day from seed Hashplant. The three inside are three day Afghan. Will wait to see if Afghan will catch up in size but I don't think so. The Hashplant was $44 for ten seeds and the Afghan were freebies. I have your grow to use as a guide to see if they are the real deal. A lot cheaper than the $120 deals Ive seen. Good luck. My photo ability needs some work.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
ij-very nice man! cant wait to see how it works out for ya..
---well, i havent been able to bend over for a couple days but a friend was looking at these plants last night and is sure that i have 3 females and one male(#5 is still behind the others) my back is getting better so i should be able to confirm tonight. kinda disapointed...i wanted 2 and 2 from those four, hopefully #5 will end up male----these girls are growing so fast now(3 feet under a floro) that new growth is coming out so light green it almost looks sick! but beatifully healthy and the light green darkens up the second day...will get some updated veg pics this week then will start updating regularly when i flower them!

G

guest121295

Being an old hashplant lover I bought a pack from Sensi several years back and to tell you the truth it was different but there were still some pretty cool plants in that pack but no miracle 45 day finishers...Can't wait to see how these turn out, 3ft already, going to be some nice hashy buds on the way!!:)

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anyone know why or what exactly Sensi did that fucked all their strains up so much now?

šunka-maslo

Duv' conoisseur^^
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Subrob:wave:

I' ve smoked some Hashplant 7 or 8 years ago, and it was so potent!! i like this herb

I follow your topic and i wish you some great phenos:tiphat:

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Anyone know why or what exactly Sensi did that fucked all their strains up so much now?

That took longer than I thought to get here, though deathtosoapbar's not entirely accurate representation (based on my real-life experience late last year) was right on time. It'll come fast and furious now.

Who is putting out seeds that are exactly the same as 1985 seeds, and how do you know? The pictures here so far look how their current product that I've been growing can look at least.

The seed companies said from the beginning that prices reflect supply and demand, not quality. I don't see any demand, so it must be supply.

Maybe strains and memories and genetic stability to age aren't as legendary as people think. If you could buy a pack of their HP back then and get some miracle pot right off then I guess it is legend since my pack wasn't extraordinary unless it's in the males.

Greenmopho

Maybe strains and memories and genetic stability to age aren't as legendary as people think. If you could buy a pack of their HP back then and get some miracle pot right off then I guess it is legend since my pack wasn't extraordinary unless it's in the males.

I bought a pack last year, just got around to sprouting them recently. They were very old and dried up, low germ rate (with fresh seeds and my methods, I usually get 90~100% germ rate). I kept a male, and recently pollinated 2 other plants (Durban Poison & Sour Diesel), then harvested the pollen. I have some in the freezer and plan on pollinating one of the stronger females I have that I am blooming out now. I will be making an f?+1, so who knows, but they don't seem to be blooming as fast as the old HP I had from '96. I started 6 seeds, only 3 germed. I fem went to my buddy, and I kept a fem and a male. 3 never sprouted, wtf? Still got 4 more as a reserve.

Not to thread hijack, but here is a link to my male HP breeding project.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=164647

G.O. Joe

Veteran
I have nothing of value to say about my HP grow since it was all for seed, and I have no idea what happens when clones are run for buds.

My male HP's were crossed with HP's, MLI's, and NL5xHazes. The pack germinated perfectly within 48 hrs. despite being on the cool side in the attic and having been stored for a year, except for a sprout that got tip wither on the plate causing some seemingly genetic damage, from my bad conditions. That bonsai mutant was the most potent of the bunch and I still have that as a mom, but it was really slow to reveg so no rooted clones yet. It has normal parts, set seeds (with HP male) that I haven't tried to sprout, but just grows at half or less speed and stretch. Of course I'll try male Haze or Thai if there is cloning success.

There was normal variation in the rest of the HP especially considering that it is a hybrid, except for the female that looked like the others but had no THC. The ersatz bud was kept for isomerizing if there is CBD but I haven't gotten there. All turned as quickly if not quicker than the MLI they were grown with. They sexed and stopped stretching by 14 days of 12/12, and they gained little height after. The mutant mother was the only one I saved, since I liked the heaviest of the 4 MLI better than the 3 decent and likable but not noteworthy female HP's.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
cant wait to hear how that turns out joe! i know im gonna feel stupid when i hear the answer, but what is MLI? and what about the nlhaze? was that run from seed also? or a cut(s) you had selected previously?

G.O. Joe

Veteran
MLI is a taller heavier vigorous and fairly uniform Afghan with a pleasant hashy taste (not so much as the HP's) and odor with a sweet note to it that is unusual yet has appeal, especially since it has at least average potency for me. Some disagree with me on the potency of the MLI but I think that both the MLI and modern HP could be viable (not exactly at the top of the list) commercial mids, and certainly would have been 20 years ago. Personal grows are for personal tastes and I like the MLI.

It was given the maple leaf indica name because the short-fingered, sharply serrated, 3D leaves are usually wider than they are tall and if it wasn't called maple leaf then it would be something else about the leaves because they are interesting.

The NL5xHaze was from seed (Ben D. bought a new car with my order, Shiva Skunk made it 4 strains) and was obviously more potent, but the common pheno (4 of 6 females) in my hands has a taste and smell that isn't for me, too fruit/citrus. The cannabinoid acid extract tastes much better than the herb. It was about the same price as the HP but is more valuable right out of the box if you can embrace the Haze taste, with a nice high and yield in average time (if you don't veg it, and trust me, don't) that you don't have to grow many seeds to find. The best plant had best smell (lemonish), taste, yield, and potency, so that worked out ok and it's revegging. Now I do have a selected cut to try.

Greenmopho

It looks to be that this newer Sensi Seeds Hash Plant isn't quite the 45 day plant that it used to be. We just took one down at 45 days, and it still looks and tastes premature, unfortunately. Who ever mentioned that, it seems to be right. We also noticed smaller buds, and slower bud formation (I've got a 60-day Flo right now that has bigger buds and looks closer to finishing than an HP right next to it!). The leaves look to be the same fat dark green leaves, but I can't say the bud is the same from the 90's HP. Anyone have info on how/what/where/why its not the same?

DRorganic

Veteran
HI i am rooting for your seed adventure to succeed. but i would like to know i have never bought or grown any hp or smoked any why do thay call it hash plant .is it because it produces so much resin that the plant would be better off making hash with then to smoke as bud. and does the genetics come from a region wher most plants are used in making hash like morocco. how is the taste on a hash plant ? does some come fruity to harsh? and can any plant that produces large and lots of crystal be considered a hash plant?

Greenmopho

HI i am rooting for your seed adventure to succeed. but i would like to know i have never bought or grown any hp or smoked any why do thay call it hash plant .is it because it produces so much resin that the plant would be better off making hash with then to smoke as bud. and does the genetics come from a region wher most plants are used in making hash like morocco. how is the taste on a hash plant ? does some come fruity to harsh? and can any plant that produces large and lots of crystal be considered a hash plant?

Here's the official story from Sensi Seeds:

http://www.sensiseeds.com/hashplant/1p2315.htm

Sensi Seeds said:
This precious Afghani is descended from one of the finest hash-making cultivars ever brought from the Hindu Kush to the west. Cannabis strains known generally as hash plants are found throughout the countries that border these mountains, but very few have the pedigree of this Hash Plant - a living definition of the stocky, chunky, beautifully sticky Afghanica genotype. The direct ancestor of Hash Plant was developed in the Northwest USA and came to Holland as a few carefully-transported female cuttings. Upon arrival, the tiny, fragile Hash Plant clones were given a safe home in the Sensi Seed Bank breeding labs, where this outstanding cultivar quickly proved her worth, becoming an important building-block in several other Sensi hybrids.

Over the years, many experimental crosses were made in search of a pollen-father that could match up to the HP female and produce seeds worthy of the Hash Plant name. An equal partnership was eventually found in a male from Afghanica’s other royal family - the Northern Lights line. A 50/50 HP x NL#1 father was back-crossed to the original HP mother, which gave us the 75% HP-25% NL hybrid. Of all our breeding experiments, this crossing produced the strongest specimens by far — with even experienced Dutch smokers having trouble finishing a single joint. Thus the Hash Plant seed strain was born.

Hash Plant stays compact during her extra-short flowering time. Her tight, resin-drenched flower clusters develop a brittle surface when dried and give off a deep, rich Afghani aroma that’s undercut with a hint of hashish. When smoked, her dominant flavour is the spicy-sharp bite of smouldering resin glands, a sensation which quickly becomes indistinguishable from her effect. The instant vaporization of those layers of sparkling trichomes accelerates Hash Plant’s rapid, blissful and breathtakingly powerful body-stone.

GDK

High Class Grass
Veteran
Hey sub and peeps. Heres a cpl of shots of my HP experience. The seed came from Sensi stock from around the mid 90´s, and was incrossed a cpl of times. They looked indentical to yours and was very "beefy". They loved their N, to the point where they held on to it for quite a while into flower. I chopped them at around 70 days i believe, and i did not love the final produce. Super chunky buds, yeilding pretty decent. Taste and flavor remained green for quite a while before changing into the smell of black afghan hash...taste never really followed....i will not grow this strain again.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Stay Safe

Greenmopho

Here I got 8 of my Sensi Seed Hash Plants going in a DWC system, this is about 1 week into bloom, and I have 2 different genotypes going, not sure if they show any different traits yet or not. The smaller ones are actually a few days behind, I had to reorganize my systems a bit, and there were some spaces open, so I filled em in with slightly younger HPs.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

JOJO420

Veteran
First thing that came to my mind

First thing that came to my mind

Bro, dont mix and match all you got. Keep that old line going, go for the f4's, keep em pure. Second thing was, yeah go ahead and mix and match ,now ya got two lines, the original 90's line and your bros and yours mix. Unsolicited advice, i know,lol but I had to chime in.
I used to grow Hash plant in Hawaii back in the late 90's. Grew great Kona side in the dry. Killer smoke, sooo hashy,lol. I remember they looked EXACTLY like your babies, nice one:tiphat: got this one tagged

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Being an old hashplant lover I bought a pack from Sensi several years back and to tell you the truth it was different but there were still some pretty cool plants in that pack but no miracle 45 day finishers...Can't wait to see how these turn out, 3ft already, going to be some nice hashy buds on the way!!:)

just saw this chaco....my bad, i meant they were 3 feet under the floro's....they are only probably a foot to foot and a half from top of pot!

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks everyone for stopping in...flowering coming soon and will update

GDK and Greenmopho-thanks for the pics guys!if i can find just one keeper female or male i will be happy! gm...feel free to post more pics as we go along...always welcome

jojo-consider any more advice solicited! :)...always happy to learn more and hear more...and yes, im keeping everything labeled so i will keep these ones w each other and outcross to bros HP seperately...also have some HTC skunk ibl x select hashplant male from the same f3 generation that i may work with also...lotsa fun if these show promise...bro who gifted them to me had first hand experience w them and was stoked on these...he has access to plenty and doesnt waste his time very often so, high hopes for these.

Bro, dont mix and match all you got. Keep that old line going, go for the f4's, keep em pure. Second thing was, yeah go ahead and mix and match ,now ya got two lines, the original 90's line and your bros and yours mix. Unsolicited advice, i know,lol but I had to chime in.
I used to grow Hash plant in Hawaii back in the late 90's. Grew great Kona side in the dry. Killer smoke, sooo hashy,lol. I remember they looked EXACTLY like your babies, nice one:tiphat: got this one tagged