What's new

HASHISH ART (drawings and paintings)

ilife

Here are some Special Edition High Times made for Steve Cooper given to me by COOP. You can visit him at his picture framing shop in NYC. Or buy some of his OG posters on EBAY from him, once in awhile. Super cool guy.

Original poster from COOP.

iLiFE

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Legends Dinner

Legends Dinner

Dinner in a few nights!!!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone that comes.

-SamS

G

sam, thanks for starting this thread, some of these prints should be humbling to some of the ding a lings on here that think trichomes and cannabis culture started when they hit the scene.....respect your past, and you will be blessed w a future. again, thanks.

De La Luz

ilife said:
Here are some Special Edition High Times made for Steve Cooper given to me by COOP. You can visit him at his picture framing shop in NYC. Or buy some of his OG posters on EBAY from him, once in awhile. Super cool guy.

Original poster from COOP.

iLiFE

Yeah, I bought the Hash boots poster (actually about 12 of them) directly from him. We had some good conversations about his former photographer days. I really like the "pool table" poster with the Temple Balls...

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
im seeing a few pictures with naked womens breasts in them. not real pics but drawings, and i was wondering if there is a difference between that and real pictures of naked womens breasts with buds, cuz i have a couple good ones i could post, that most would definitely consider art... :D

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
So now could someone give me a hint where to find good places where I get to see hashish production and plants and such things while in morocco, Im possibly going there in march and staying for a week or two and really would love to visit a farm where people make good hashish and have long history in making of it so if anyone has any connections over there I would appreciate any info on where to head and if theres anyone over there we can meet and get to guide us around. And yeah, theres this tomb we need to visit too so Sam could make us a map with a large x that marks the spot eh?

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Hola fellow hashart lovers :wave:

Here´s a couple pics I found from cigar smokers site. The first is same pic that JimmyEat.. posted couple pages back, but with colors. This is a painted pic from 1870 Istanbul, presenting local coffeehouse:

And here´s a pic of two Arab women smoking narghile in harem in the beginning of 19th century:

Let´s keep them smoke-/hash pics coming people!!!

C

Chamba

most of the pipes in this thread would probably contain only tobacco...or maybe a mix of tobacco and hash...and a few hash only..would that be correct?

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Could be...

However, cannabis is consumed by men all ages generally in many muslim countries.. That + the fact that cultivation of cannabis didnt have bans those times, so the erb was cultivated more widely.

C

Chamba

However, cannabis is consumed by men all ages generally in many muslim countries.. That + the fact that cultivation of cannabis didnt have bans those times, so the erb was cultivated more widely.

but was cannabis or hash commonly smoked in these types of pipes prior to the introduction of tobacco to the Middle East 400 or so years ago? ...many say it wasn't and say the lack of evidence proves their point....many believe it was ....so are these "hash" pipes or tobacco pipes that were used to smoke hash in? I guess we'll never know.

I was told that prior to the introduction of tobacco (and pipe smoking) that hash was traditionly smoked or should I say inhaled in the Middle East by grabbing a sprinkle of powdered hash and thrown on hot coals (or a red hot metal plate) then inhaled....Saudi princes still inhale hash this way...or it was eaten when made into confectionary mixture

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Cannabis was not smoked prior to the introduction of Tobacco to the Old World. 1492.
Waterpipes were developed for Tobacco, and modified for hashish. Some like the Afghan hubble bubble pipes are made for Hashish smoking, but Tobacco can be smoked in them.
If you can find a pre 1492 reference to hash inhaling I am interested, I know about the famous passage written in about 450 B.C., Herodotus describes these funeral rites as follows:

...when, therefore, the Scythians have taken some seed of this hemp, they creep under the cloths and put the seeds on the red hot stones; but this being put on smokes, and produces such a steam, that no Grecian vapour-bath would surpass it. The Scythians, transported by the vapour, shout aloud. It is most likely the seeds described by Herodotus were seeded buds, and that the charred seeds found by archeologists are what was left over from the burnt buds.

Archaeologist Sergei Ivanovich Rudenko, found Cannabis seeds at Pazyryk in a frozen tomb from the fifth century BC. They are now on exibit at the Hermitage Museum in St. Petersburg.
I have 8 of these Cannabis seeds found in the frozen tomb by Dr Rudenko in a small leather pouch. They were given to me by the Hermitage Museum in St. Petersburg.

-SamS

Sam_Skunkman said:
I have 8 of these Cannabis seeds found in the frozen tomb by Dr Rudenko in a small leather pouch. They were given to me by the Hermitage Museum in St. Petersburg.
Gnar!
Sprout em.

ToKEN

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
hopefully its a female though, or you'll have a 'return of the herme' situation..doo doo chhh

These are the seeds found in the tomb, 1929 ?
I wouldn't smoke that herb.
Do you know what Scythians did after that ? Cruel things ... hehe

Last edited:

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Sam_Skunkman said:
Cannabis was not smoked prior to the introduction of Tobacco to the Old World. 1492.
Waterpipes were developed for Tobacco, and modified for hashish. Some like the Afghan hubble bubble pipes are made for Hashish smoking, but Tobacco can be smoked in them.
If you can find a pre 1492 reference to hash inhaling I am interested, I know about the famous passage written in about 450 B.C., Herodotus describes these funeral rites as follows:

...when, therefore, the Scythians have taken some seed of this hemp, they creep under the cloths and put the seeds on the red hot stones; but this being put on smokes, and produces such a steam, that no Grecian vapour-bath would surpass it. The Scythians, transported by the vapour, shout aloud. It is most likely the seeds described by Herodotus were seeded buds, and that the charred seeds found by archeologists are what was left over from the burnt buds.

Archaeologist Sergei Ivanovich Rudenko, found Cannabis seeds at Pazyryk in a frozen tomb from the fifth century BC. They are now on exibit at the Hermitage Museum in St. Petersburg.

-SamS

Execellent Sam :yes: Gather all the information you can find about germing #antique# beans (I think you know them all)

About shiisha´s first purpose.... Man I dont know for sure, but when we think wchic quantitys they produces erb, it would be hard to believe they dont use shiisha for smoking it :chin:

I dont have any reference, but all my native Turkish & Egyptian friends have told me that they have been smoking hash forcenturies from shiisha, they even called it traditional hashhookah, which their ancestors have smoked hashish. I even got the opportunity to blaze hits from at least 270 year old "family shiisha" :D

btw, nexttime I visit my friends in Turkey & Egypt, but more expspecially Turkey, I gonna take pics of thos antique shiishas and put the oldies write a little history! Of course im photographing them sativamountains if they are there anymore....

Here´s some cool pics I found, I hope Sam doesnt mind me posting these...

First the the usual Alice:

+ some real narghile art:

Angry Hassasins, maybe?

This is for you oldschool cats, I hope this brings good memories:

"Hardworking" victorian labor :D

+ this guy, who just had the attitude:

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Yeah GL, I really would love to change places with this hindu man :D

Damn, authentic Indian sativa´s and charas made of it... Can it get much better? :D

Latest posts

Latest posts