What's new

HASHISH ART (drawings and paintings)

ilife

Here is one from my Original Poster collection:

A Puff of Kief in the Morning Makes You as Strong as a Hundred Camels in the Courtyard

Here is a small copy to see all the details:

iLiFE

Last edited:

ilife

Sam_Skunkman said:
Maybe we should post botanical prints of Cannabis? I have a bunch.

-SamS

Here are few from my collections:

1814 Paris

1882 Germany

iLiFE

Last edited:

justagrower

smoking some grade A moroc and loving the beautiful drawings and artwork fellow hashishians .

cheers for sharing :yes:

G

sam if you dont mind me asking what is this one from?

:joint:

Last edited:

ilife

ilife said:
Here is one from my Original Poster collection:

A Puff of Kief in the Morning Makes You as Strong as a Hundred Camels in the Courtyard

Here is a small copy to see all the details:

iLiFE

Here is the book to go with the Poster:
‘A Pipe of Kif before breakfast gives a man the strength of a hundred camels in the courtyard.‘ -Nchaioui Proverb

This book is actually the 6th printing 1976. First printing was in 1962 by Paul Bowles

iLiFE

Last edited:

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Nice books Ilife, heres a few of ours, I think we have almost everything by Bowles and Mrabet, good books.

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Oh yeah and ours is also 6th printing, those in the above pic are 3rd and some older, must check how many we have.

G

hi sam I meant to say what book is it from? I am curious because I have been looking for a picture very similar to that for a long time. thanks for all the pics!

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I met Paul Bowles at his home in Tangier, more then a decade ago, he was very helpful to assist my search for the Moroccan Saint of Cannabis, Sidi Hidi's tomb.
With Paul's help I was eventually successful after many more miles and many more journeys.

-SamS

ilife

Nice Experience SamS. Do you have any photos of the tomb of the Moroccan Saint of Cannabis, Sidi Hidi?

Here is a recent Hand Painting on wood of Saint Mal Verde the Saint of Marihuana in Mexico.

iLiFE

Last edited:

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
Sam_Skunkman said:
I met Paul Bowles at his home in Tangier, more then a decade ago, he was very helpful to assist my search for the Moroccan Saint of Cannabis, Sidi Hidi's tomb.
With Paul's help I was eventually successful after many more miles and many more journeys.

-SamS

Hello Sam,
let me ask, would you consider giving more information about Sidi Hidi? i did a google search and just found vague references laying around vague web-sites. it would be much appreciated.
be well.
peace!

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Sidi Hidi is not the kind of esoteric information to seach for on the web. Some information requires you to leave the safety of your home and take chances in the world at large...
Yep, that is why I went to Morocco, to meet Paul and get the facts from him. Did you read about Sidi Hidi in Rob Clarke's book Hashish? Page 55. Or page 74 in Sumach"s A Treasury of Hashish? Some people think Sidi Hidi was an chicken thief and wife stealer, that lived in a cave underground, and smoked mint. Some claim he was a saint that brought Cannabis smoking to Morocco. I don't know if we will ever know the real truth, but I did try and get to the truth. And I have the stone to prove it! Besides that me and Rob had a blast on the trip.

-SamS