What's new

Has anyone here actually achieved 1 gram per watt?

animal#1

Weedman Herb said:
Well ... I added up the #s I wrote on the bags the weed went into after I dried and trimmed it. It isn't like I had them ready to Prove something to IC but since you asked I supplied the Actual Smokable Weight (meaning sans stems, leaf and popcorn nugs). Exactly what I did was establish a proper feeding schedule and environment ... I'm not going to help you Dusty ... you wouldn't apply my techniques properly and you know it ALL already. If you've missed something over the Years we have been chatting about what I do and how I do it then it is your loss ... If anyone else wants to know how I do what I do PM me. Here's the room and the plants that yielded 810 grams of smokable weed ...

and the light ... a 600 SuperSun 1 with a Hortilux bulb.

I dont think I smoke any thing that is in that pic #1

#2, why didn't you just say 810 to start with? How come you said "I got well over 750, probably 800"...That is a statement that implies you guess what you're yielding. Just curious why you didn't post that you pulled .81 grams per watt to start out with. You should re-read the part I bolded in the quoted reply. Do you mean that you didn't have all the baggies ready to prove something to IC Mag? I don't think it matters if you even still have the bags or not. Theres more than 2 ounces between 750 and 810 grams, are you saying your crop weighed 810 grams before you dried and trimmed it and 750 after and then considered 750 grams to be your total yield? How come you weigh your crop before you trim it?

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
Yup, with LUI and a 600 HPS - 3 plants, 21.5 (602 grams) oz dry....actually 1.0033333 grams per watt.

George

Weedman Herb said:
You're being too nice zoo ... I'll take this one for you. Bullshit. You'd be pulling 360,000 grams Minimum per 400 watter or a Maximum of 1 million grams with a 1000.
no offense but dude, tell me you're kidding. some of you people smoke entirely way to much. 900 to 1000g. obviously hes talking about a 1kw light.

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
I cannot say how much CO2 would add to yield simply because I have never used it.
I've never weighed a single one of my crops, I ran a stagered room for a long time.
Talking about hard to calculate actual yield, try a rotating fleet of plants :).
Also it keeps total plant smell down in smaller setups like my recent grows.
What's cool with that is you open the plants up to more light by having less full grown plants in the room.
Better light is why vertical systems and SOG/SCROGS are kicking ass.
Lucas has a link in his signature that leads to the site of his mentor pH.
It has a less subjective method of calculating yield.

I look for potency in weed not yield but you can have both, it's good to have ALOT of good weed.

While I've felt SCROG was the best method for yield I am going to do another SOG in my new setup.
I'm thinking more individual plants with seperate root systems will do better than 3-4 plants with alot of branches leading to a single stem, this idea is about the stems and whether or not 1 big one is better than alot smaller ones (minds out of gutter pls :p).

Good discussion :joint:

G

Greyskull

Suby said:
I cannot say how much CO2 would add to yield simply because I have never used it.
I've never weighed a single one of my crops, I ran a stagered room for a long time.
Talking about hard to calculate actual yield, try a rotating fleet of plants :).
Also it keeps total plant smell down in smaller setups like my recent grows.
What's cool with that is you open the plants up to more light by having less full grown plants in the room.
Better light is why vertical systems and SOG/SCROGS are kicking ass.
Lucas has a link in his signature that leads to the site of his mentor pH.
It has a less subjective method of calculating yield.

I look for potency in weed not yield but you can have both, it's good to have ALOT of good weed.

While I've felt SCROG was the best method for yield I am going to do another SOG in my new setup.
I'm thinking more individual plants with seperate root systems will do better than 3-4 plants with alot of branches leading to a single stem, this idea is about the stems and whether or not 1 big one is better than alot smaller ones (minds out of gutter pls :p).

Good discussion :joint:
I am liking this thread, too

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Running a bit of everything in a permanently overfull flower room with many different crosses , grammes per watt is not much use.

Maybe the most usefull figure would be grammes per kilowatt hour of energy consumed includeing veg and heating/cooling/ventilateing costs.

Useing a 600 sodium produces around 5g/watt/year of good dried bud in my basic system which i am satisfied with.
Would be a whole lot more if i trained everything and dropped the hazes and zamals and stopped testing things.

Would also not be as much fun and less of a hobby.

W

Weedman Herb

animal#1 said:
Your 600w looks good Herb Weedman But I have so much dank in my room I couldn't fit it in to one frame sorry

Yeah ... I've seen that room ... again and again and again ... Imageshack has been good to you. If the little room looked good to you (now with a 1K ... sun needed his 6 back) Imagine what the Big Room looks like ... Guess what? Mines bigger and more full of Dank. You know I have the goods ... Keep trying though ... I've always maintained you Could be a good person (as well as a good grower) ... please don't prove me wrong ... not for my sake of course ... I'm done with ya ... but for the sake of your friends and Future friends. You're a dickhead but you don't deserve to be lonely too. Team Hatorade ... Seriously Bitter

W

Weedman Herb

animal#1 said:
I dont think I smoke any thing that is in that pic #1

#2, why didn't you just say 810 to start with? How come you said "I got well over 750, probably 800"...That is a statement that implies you guess what you're yielding. Just curious why you didn't post that you pulled .81 grams per watt to start out with. You should re-read the part I bolded in the quoted reply. Do you mean that you didn't have all the baggies ready to prove something to IC Mag? I don't think it matters if you even still have the bags or not. Theres more than 2 ounces between 750 and 810 grams, are you saying your crop weighed 810 grams before you dried and trimmed it and 750 after and then considered 750 grams to be your total yield? How come you weigh your crop before you trim it?
Do the Math son ... on what planet does 810 grams from a 600 equate to .81 grams per watt? What a fool. I was wrong about you ... only a child would still be harping at me with misinformation before I could respond properly. Go back to school ...

TBug

Plz forget you know me...Sugaree
Veteran
high all! interesting question...hmmm. the most ive done in the past is 504g for a 600w. that was with my old set up and a relatively new bulb. I might just break that mark with my new setup as it is way more effecient than before. If I dont hit that mark this run, i promise to hit it next w/ a new bulb...lol!
Peace all, bugout:Bolt:

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
very good point suby.
people dry and cure (or attempt too) very differently.
i weigh my shit bone dry after a good hanging.
i will remoisturize the nuggage slightly after,
only enough to keep the buds from being brittle.

but ive seen guys weigh their shit way too wet to smoke.
then they get these huge numbers, when its not deserved.
i can do .75-.90 gpw BONE DRY.
im sure if i kept em moist, those numbers would spike and make me look like some sort of master grower.

So i have been worried about growing the mother plant of all my love, but I have lots of experience in growing indoors, outdoors, and hydro with various other plants, and from what ive seen on here, is if you want to get 1 gr/wt you can. You need the room though mostly, the best thing is to grow huge ass plants in coco hydro with 5 gal buckets, or lots of canopy room with lots of veg time etc, etc, etc, but the main point that got me interested with growing from high times was a statement george c said, something along the lines, or anything you get is a blessing from the plant. dont expect a pound a plant or a g/wt etc, just do your best, learn what you can and from your mistakes and always try to get the best quality buds you can, not necc quantity!!! Good luck all, ill tell you how many gs i get per wtts with cfls when i start. peace to all though, quit causing problems.

DirtyFreddy

i've gotten well over a gpw in tree grows using vert lights....but the veg time kills it.....
also got close to a gram and a half pw with this thing and 0 veg time! 300 plantys for 3 kw tho....

Last edited:

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
Hey Frank,

Yeah bone dry, then a small orange peel in the jar and voila, great moist buds.
I vape mostly so I keep most of my stash bone dry.
I also like to rate the weed I grow by how much hash I get from it, it gives a ratio of leaf to thrichome.
My first White Widow grow was medium yield but I got my best hash yield from it while I did alot better using Bubblegum from SS but it didn`t do as well in the hash department.

Dirty Fred that setup looks bomb, it`s all about the shape, you basically have a SOG all around 360deg of the light as opposed to a flat plane of budsite along one axis.

I`ve heard running CO2 in those things is a bitch to dial in, are you runnig CO2 in there?

Weedman and animal get a room already, trash talking online is a waste of time.
Just agree to disagree or take it to chat for the love of Christ.
Focus on your growing so the rest of us can have a civilized discussion please.

:joint:

W

Weedman Herb

Hey suby ... Good tip. Here's one for you ... stay out of this ... It's been brewing since IC Mag was 6 months old and I don't like 3 somes when the other 2 people are Dudes. You will tarnish your rep ... and I don't do well with being told what to do. In fact ... why did you refuel that fire? It seems strictly dickhead and I had already chilled out. You're a day late ...

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
I don't care about my internet rep, I don't believe in the need to marketing one's hotness online or questioning that of someone else, truth is pretty subjective online.
My time online is limited so I stick to learning from those who prioritize growing and not shit talking.

:joint:

S

SevenSeeds

I have over 1,000g per 1000HPS .................alright alright its more like 1.5-2p per 1000w on my frist two grows using 2kw room....I'm starting around 180 seeds right now, maybe some chronic clones in there too, I have cold temps here outdoors now so I can get lights lower during this season, anyways peace

-7Seeds

luvtogrow

My calculation in my grows for Kw per gram is: A Bunch. Of course people can grow more than 1gr. per, with right strain, veg, set-up etc. But, I'd rather be entertained by the 2 who's bigger contest! Wanna see mine? :laughing: