What's new

Has anyone here actually achieved 1 gram per watt?

C

Cozy Amnesia

I'm interested to know who here, if anyone, has yielded 1g/w. This seems so far-fetched to me, because I'm using a 150w which means I would need more than 5 ounces grown in 3.5 sqft.

To those who have, post your setup and strain you use so I can copy!

M

mrred

the highest i seen was 2gpw with cfls with sog,
i think you need to at least sog or scrog , when i get my shit together im going do both, and have about 16-20 plants in a rubbermaid doing dwc

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
It's definitely doable. I've seen more done with verticals using the 600-1000w range.

DrBudGreenGenes does over 1gpw with his sog and CFL's. I'd like to run a small 6 plant perpetual using his numbers. Re-vegging apparently helps a lot in this arena.

Good luck!

G

Greyskull

With my MTF I have been getting 600g per 1k per with only 12 plants on the 4x4 and lots of space I could fill.... thats 0.60gpw. I have recently upgraded my reflectors and now have 16 plants under the same 1k - the canopy is solid... I am expecting/hoping for 0.75gpw
ebb n flow w/coco pots canna nutes!

*same set up different plants (Bubba Kush & SDxSB) was getting get me 0.50gpw...will be stoked to hit 0.60-0.65 with new reflectors + 4 more plants.

Its all about good even canopy.

1 gram per watt is such a joke when it comes to gauging a setup. Not sure who came up with the almighty GPW, but it should not be a measure of how great, good or bad a persons ops are.

M

mrred

im not sure about efficient but there are advantages, like more even light distrubution and the surface of the bulb is cooler so you can get closer with them.

L

Leonidas

I've done .75 but I think it's strain dependent and let's face it most of the super dank strains just don't yield that great . Zoolander

animal#1

The genetic limit of an individual strain just needs to get maximized by the grower. all strains are capable of a "high yield"

I grow in 4x4 beds that end up spilling out to a 5x5 canopy my average yield is 900 - 1000 grams per watt. I use Pro Mix HP / #4 Perlite / Worm castings and feed with fish, kelp, molasses and a biostimulant package. My room has 12" thick walls and ceiling and is fully climate controlled. I believe the environment makes the garden productive, or not.

Last edited:
W

Weedman Herb

Yes. I do better than 1 GPW. greenisgold ... If you firmly believe the weight of your weed compared to the energy used to produce it is a moot point governed by an inaccurate system you need to change your name to greenisgreen. Jorge Cervantes was the first person I saw using the GPW scale. How does grams per dollar spent sound? How about Ounces per Gallon of medium/rez? Grams per square or cubic foot/meter? How do you gauge your success or failure? Grams per watt is a scale everyone can apply and understand is why it is widely used and if you get .01 Gram per watt I'd say your OP sucks or you have no skills ...

Last edited:
L

Leonidas

You get 900 to 1000 grams a watt , wow your good LOL . A strain can be in a perfect enviorment but can still only be pushed to it's maximum potential . Zoo

W

Weedman Herb

animal#1 said:
The genetic limit of an individual strain just needs to get maximized by the grower. all strains are capable of a "high yield"

I grow in 4x4 beds that end up spilling out to a 5x5 canopy my average yield is 900 - 1000 grams per watt. I use Pro Mix HP / #4 Perlite / Worm castings and feed with fish, kelp, molasses and a biostimulant package. My room has 12" thick walls and ceiling and is fully climate controlled. I believe the environment makes the garden productive, or not.
You're being too nice zoo ... I'll take this one for you. Bullshit. You'd be pulling 360,000 grams Minimum per 400 watter or a Maximum of 1 million grams with a 1000.

Last edited:

satyr

guy meant 1kW....1000 watts...thats entirely doable...i have surpassed 1gpw several times, that not at all impossible........i have done over 700 g on a 600watt, but the plants had vegged 7 months outside and was a heavy yielding skunk.

Point being that what matter is kW/h=usd spent.....you can veg with a 400 watt and shape the plants perfect for 6-8 months 24/7 and then get a humongus yield but it would be pretty stupid

W

Weedman Herb

1000 watts is a kilowatt. What's your point? How do you know what Dusty meant? I know Dusty says he gets 2 pounds per 1000 but it doesn't make it true. Dusty says a lot of things ... Many things he says are true and solid advice but some of it is egotistical Crap. I pulled well over 750 grams (probably 800) that was under a 600 in June. The strains weren't known to go huge and they weren't vegged at all ... that's right ... they were flowered just after roots were established.

Last edited:

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
satyr said:
guy meant 1kW....1000 watts...thats entirely doable...i have surpassed 1gpw several times, that not at all impossible........i have done over 700 g on a 600watt, but the plants had vegged 7 months outside and was a heavy yielding skunk.

Point being that what matter is kW/h=usd spent.....you can veg with a 400 watt and shape the plants perfect for 6-8 months 24/7 and then get a humongus yield but it would be pretty stupid

Exactly!

Why, just look at the size of the tree I just killed with root rot. Damn trunk was as thick as a quarter. Spent a month in veg though, that's a lot of time/energy spent.

M

medical_shed

When people say GPW isn't a good measure of effiency it's because it doesn't account for the total time of the grow. You could veg for 3 months and flower for 2 and hit a gram per watt someone else can veg for 3 days and flower for 2 and hit the gpw, it's obvious one spends less money on electricity for the same amount of bud. Grams per kilowatt hour is probably the best measure of effinciency. Personally I don't even have scales :rasta:

Last edited:

animal#1

Oops I made a typo. I do not get 900-1000 grams per watt. I get .9-1 gram per watt, or 900 - 1000 per kilo watt, which is a reality.

animal#1

Weedman Herb said:
I pulled well over 750 grams (probably 800)

Did your scale read out "Well over 750, maybe 800?"

Come on Herb, did you weigh up what you pulled down or are you guessing? If you can get 800 grams from a 600 watt then tell me what you're doing so I can save 40% on my Rate of Invest...

I'm not claiming that each one of my lights pulls down 2 pounds. To be honest I do not know what the yield of each of my individual beds is. Come harvest day, I cut everything down and put it in my drying room and as it gets trimmed pounds start getting stashed away...the average usually works out to each bed producing 2 pounds give or take a little depending on what happened that batch.

Last edited: