What's new

Has anyone here actually achieved 1 gram per watt?

animal#1

medical_shed said:
When people say GPW isn't a good measure of effiency it's because it doesn't account for the total time of the grow. You could veg for 3 months and flower for 2 and hit a gram per watt someone else can veg for 3 days and flower for 2 and hit the gpw, it's obvious one spends less money on electricity for the same amount of bud. Grams per kilowatt hour is probably the best measure of effinciency. Personally I don't even have scales :rasta:

If you veg and flower in the same area then you're not an efficent grower and need to build another medical shed. :bashhead:

The growers that have to veg a certain strain for 2 months in a separate veg area but still veg for 0-2 weeks in their flower rooms and pull a GPW have just as efficent rooms as those who grow Diesels and Hazes and have much lower vegatative requirements to produce a heavy yield at the end of bloom.

W

Weedman Herb

Well ... lets do the math ... 810 smokable grams ... from a 600. No typo ... no guessing. It isn't a secret that you want to contradict everything I say so I figured I'd give you a taste. I'm starting to believe your haters Dusty ... and I used to think we were friends. "They" (your haters) told me I was wasting my time with you ... if you want me to guess at something ... I'm guessing "they" were right.

L

Leonidas

Mine go from my veg area to my preflower and then flower all three are seperate areas

freedominphilly

I've been consistently getting slightly more than 1gpw with Calio, ECSD, and Sour queen. I grow 20 plants, 1 per sq ft, 5x4 in 3 gallon grow bags under 1 1000w hps. Use Botanicare Pure blend nutes and sweet and LK. Vegged for about 3 weeks and supercropped and tied down.

L

Leonidas

Weedman that was a funny ass post , If you want me to guess at something ... I'm guessing they were right . Too funnyyyyyy

animal#1

Weedman Herb said:
Well ... lets do the math ... 810 smokable grams ... from a 600. No typo ... no guessing. It isn't a secret that you want to contradict everything I say so I figured I'd give you a taste. I'm starting to believe your haters Dusty ... and I used to think we were friends. "They" (your haters) told me I was wasting my time with you ... if you want me to guess at something ... I'm guessing "they" were right.

I just don't understand how you went from I pulled over 750 to probably 800 to the exact number of 810. How come you just didnt say 810 to start with and can you tell me exactly what you did because if I can get 800 g from 600w then I can drop my power cost 40% by doing what you do. Don't be a dick and share..Also please point out where I contradicted anything you said in this thread... I merely asked if you weighed your crop to say you got over 750 grams because you immediately after typed "(probably 800)" The only time I say probably is when I'm guessing....

Last edited:

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
use the search function if you want to find people hating on dusty...
whether or not he deserves it..... again, search function....
2 lbs per 1k light?
totally possible with minimal veg in 1 gallon bags of coco and the right genetics....
skills of the grower >/= genetics >/= environment of the grow

M

medical_shed

animal#1 said:
If you veg and flower in the same area then you're not an efficent grower and need to build another medical shed. :bashhead:

The growers that have to veg a certain strain for 2 months in a separate veg area but still veg for 0-2 weeks in their flower rooms and pull a GPW have just as efficent rooms as those who grow Diesels and Hazes and have much lower vegatative requirements to produce a heavy yield at the end of bloom.

I don't think you've understood what I said at all or if you're even capable :rasta:

animal#1

All I can say to those that "talk shit" to me through a computer...None of you really know me and if you want to know about me ask the ones that have. :)

W

Weedman Herb

animal#1 said:
I just don't understand how you went from I pulled over 750 to probably 800 to the exact number of 810. How come you just didnt say 810 to start with and can you tell me exactly what you did because if I can get 800 g from 600w then I can drop my power cost 40% by doing what you do. Don't be a dick and share..Also please point out where I contradicted anything you said in this thread... I merely asked if you weighed your crop to say you got over 750 grams because you immediately after typed "(probably 800)" The only time I say probably is when I'm guessing....
Well ... I added up the #s I wrote on the bags the weed went into after I dried and trimmed it. It isn't like I had them ready to Prove something to IC but since you asked I supplied the Actual Smokable Weight (meaning sans stems, leaf and popcorn nugs). Exactly what I did was establish a proper feeding schedule and environment ... I'm not going to help you Dusty ... you wouldn't apply my techniques properly and you know it ALL already. If you've missed something over the Years we have been chatting about what I do and how I do it then it is your loss ... If anyone else wants to know how I do what I do PM me. Here's the room and the plants that yielded 810 grams of smokable weed ...

and the light ... a 600 SuperSun 1 with a Hortilux bulb.

Last edited:
C

cbf

I love this discussion, it's like when the newby says "How much will I harvest off each clone".

Point being that what matter is kW/h=usd spent.....you can veg with a 400 watt and shape the plants perfect for 6-8 months 24/7
.i have done over 700 g on a 600watt, but the plants had vegged 7 months outside and was a heavy yielding skunk.I]
[/I]

great response, it's an equation with many variables beginning with veg time, size of plant that will be flowered, space, genetics, temperature etc. but the main variable being the vegged size of the plant before it goes into flower and plenty of space for it to bud up and have the right conditions to flourish..- big plant = big yield...

Last edited:

indifferent

Veteran
I've averaged 220-250g each run from 6-8 plants under a 250w for 4-5 years, I flower all kinds of different strains at the same time with different flowering times so hard to say anything more specific than that really, too many variables/.

JohnnyToke

my two best harvest dried were 609g of NL (4 plant scrog in recirc dwc) under 2 x 400w's and 569g dried of WW in same setup. I have not mastered the 1gpw as of yet but can't complain either.

We will see if my current mango strain achieves it using the same setup. its 3 weeks into flower as of today. it has potential. lots of frosty bud sites. :rasta:

JT

W

Weedman Herb

Johnny just hit the nail on the head. If you are happy growing and smoking what you like to grow and smoke then all is good ... If you see room for Improvement then take those steps. .75 ain't bad Johnny ... and using 400s it is actually a Good harvest if you consider the penetration afforded by bigger lamps.

L

Leonidas

Bottom line guys is that a gram a watt is not hard to do so just pratice and find the right strain that works for you and you will be golden . Don't do what I do and run 10 different strains at once or it becomes pretty hard to reach that goal when they all need different veg times and flower times , but hey I still have fun and that's what counts my brothers . Zoolander

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
Wattage is important but as Dr is proving in his diary so is light dispersion and light source heat with regards to the proximity of the buds to the light source.
Besides CFL`s are good for a personnal grow but no cash cropper is going to grow out 1000 clones.
HPS of 600 and up are your best bet for reaching the 1g/watt mark IMO.
You also have to account for CO2, using it will boost you g/watt by alot as CO2 makes dealing with heat and less than perfect environment easier plants.
Some folks weight bone dry others keep them moist but not wet, also misleading and a factor.

C

cbf

Some folks weight bone dry others keep them moist but not wet, also misleading and a factor.

A BIG factor when boasting...or leave stems on, etc, weight is also subjective. .03 of each nug could be excess leaf and stem...

Suby said:
HPS of 600 and up are your best bet for reaching the 1g/watt mark IMO.
You also have to account for CO2, using it will boost you g/watt by alot as CO2 makes dealing with heat and less than perfect environment easier plants.

Is it possible to get an estimate how much an effective CO2 setup adds to yeild? I mostly read claims of 20-40%...I would throw a guess of 25% out there, is that in the ballpark? I know it's impossible to say exactly because you don't just add CO2 to an existing setup, you build a specific setup for it.

If those who have reached 1gpw could mention if they used CO2 and how much they feel it helped, it would be greatly appreciated.

G

Greyskull

Leonidas said:
Bottom line guys is that a gram a watt is not hard to do so just pratice and find the right strain that works for you and you will be golden . Don't do what I do and run 10 different strains at once or it becomes pretty hard to reach that goal when they all need different veg times and flower times , but hey I still have fun and that's what counts my brothers . Zoolander

Sometimes all one has to do is log onto ICMag and search for posts by "zoo" to get all the info they need.

2lbs per 4x4 per 1k is totally doable. Thats 900g per 1000w. It happens all the time. Jutsnot in my room yet...

nice shot animal#1!

Latest posts

Latest posts