What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Harvest ready with white hairs ????

trixP

Btw guys once I chop them oscillation fans oscillating or fixed position !?! Delicate speed ??? 3/4/5 ? More less ??

Ca++

How tight they are packed, can influence fan use. Certainly in the first 24h you can loose a lot of moisture, without risk of over drying the outer leaves. Many will set there RH control lower than 60%, knowing there is no way the plants will get under 60 anyway (should 60 be your choice). In this first 24h it's not unusual to see them half in size. There is no need to feel robbed. Though it does take some getting used to.

So yeah, get some water out quick to begin with. But slow that down, as it's easy to overshoot. Actual measurements along the way are the real guide to that.

trixP

How tight they are packed, can influence fan use. Certainly in the first 24h you can loose a lot of moisture, without risk of over drying the outer leaves. Many will set there RH control lower than 60%, knowing there is no way the plants will get under 60 anyway (should 60 be your choice). In this first 24h it's not unusual to see them half in size. There is no need to feel robbed. Though it does take some getting used to.

So yeah, get some water out quick to begin with. But slow that down, as it's easy to overshoot. Actual measurements along the way are the real guide to that.
I’m currently huverint 68f lights off obviously and 44rh I have NOT CUT THEM YET

Should I be raising humidity ?? Or let them
Like this til tonight as I cut them

Thanks chief

trixP

Dropped the fans at 5 oscillating mode on

The other one is facing the one you can see at a low height bassicly bucket height

Ps zero bugs just leaves and hair o. The pads lol

Pics from before the Defol phone has no more room couldn’t take a pic

Last edited:

Redrum92

Btw guys once I chop them oscillation fans oscillating or fixed position !?! Delicate speed ??? 3/4/5 ? More less ??

No direct airflow on them, but around them, otherwise they will dry way too quickly on the outside. Keep the air in the room gently moving and you'll be OK. Doesn't need nearly as much respiration as a living plant under lights.

Dark period before chop maybe makes 1% difference at most. I've done it both ways and noticed no difference.

Ca++

I’m currently huverint 68f lights off obviously and 44rh I have NOT CUT THEM YET

Should I be raising humidity ?? Or let them
Like this til tonight as I cut them

Thanks chief
I was talking about after chop. Right now, I wouldn't change your fans.

You would ideally dry in 60% conditions. 44% is a bit of a problem. The outside of the buds will drop below 55% while the middle still needs more drying.

I'm not sure what space you will be drying in, or if you have RH activated extract fans. There are many ways forward, but you don't want buds drying in 44% RH.

trixP

I was talking about after chop. Right now, I wouldn't change your fans.

You would ideally dry in 60% conditions. 44% is a bit of a problem. The outside of the buds will drop below 55% while the middle still needs more drying.

I'm not sure what space you will be drying in, or if you have RH activated extract fans. There are many ways forward, but you don't want buds drying in 44% RH.
I have a full ac Infinity system

Ca++

I have a full ac Infinity system
If you are drying in the tent, you should have no problems then. You can choose 60% and your only issue then, is if you must keep negative pressure. At some point you will need to set the 'off' speed to zero. Or it will over dry.
Many people will finish off in plastic bags or boxes. A pile of bud in such a container, is only exposed to the air on one side. Regular turning/stirring leads to a slowing of the water loss. Making it easier to catch it about right.

For me, I have found a smaller tent for drying to be useful. If has it's own extract, which is just a pc fan. It's on a $15 humidity controller. This little drying tent, kinda lives in the big tent. The big tents filter keeps running. The drying tent may or may not be kicking out stink into the big tent. While it shouldn't be, any leaks are away through the big tents filter still.
Mines a bit more elaborate, but the idea is there. An RH controlled tent, sat within a space served by a filter.
Some people are less bothered about smell getting out through, and so a second tent wouldn't be needed. They could just use the AC-infinity on/off.
Mine is more elaborate, as I don't want to loose flowering space to drying time. My big tent, pulls air from a second tent. Within the second tent, are two more tents. Veg and drying.

trixP

Now here’s a real funny question it’s been 17th if I cut them at 24 itl be late at night which isn’t favourable for me, should I cut them
Now or wait til tomorrow

trixP

If you are drying in the tent, you should have no problems then. You can choose 60% and your only issue then, is if you must keep negative pressure. At some point you will need to set the 'off' speed to zero. Or it will over dry.
Many people will finish off in plastic bags or boxes. A pile of bud in such a container, is only exposed to the air on one side. Regular turning/stirring leads to a slowing of the water loss. Making it easier to catch it about right.

For me, I have found a smaller tent for drying to be useful. If has it's own extract, which is just a pc fan. It's on a $15 humidity controller. This little drying tent, kinda lives in the big tent. The big tents filter keeps running. The drying tent may or may not be kicking out stink into the big tent. While it shouldn't be, any leaks are away through the big tents filter still.
Mines a bit more elaborate, but the idea is there. An RH controlled tent, sat within a space served by a filter.
Some people are less bothered about smell getting out through, and so a second tent wouldn't be needed. They could just use the AC-infinity on/off.
Mine is more elaborate, as I don't want to loose flowering space to drying time. My big tent, pulls air from a second tent. Within the second tent, are two more tents. Veg and drying.
Yeah I’ll be using my 4x4 thanks for the heads up of running zero as I pull intake and ex from
Outdoors

Thanks allot man

airplane

My trychomes are clear, milky and 1 in a blue moo. Amber. I still have white hairs on one of the girls

Should I harvests anyway ???

Ideally today tomorrow thanks guys 9/10 weeker day 58 may Gona go another day

And see do you do 24hrs blkout and then cut and dry hang for 7-10’or strait to cut ( after lights off ) when your ready and go straight to 7-10 days

Thanks allot
sure sounds like you are ready to __ old Hippie saying "once you fell it ready give it one more week 2 at the most" work all the time - no scope, ect - just experience Peace BUT loupe's are nice

Ca++

Yeah I’ll be using my 4x4 thanks for the heads up of running zero as I pull intake and ex from
Outdoors

Thanks allot man
Okay, so no zero then, or smell will drift.
If you can't get below 1, then at some point, the outside of the bud will be dry (5-6days perhaps) and you will need to contain moisture around it somehow.
I used to like boxes. Water would leave through the card, but not too fast. You could even bag the boxes, if you needed to slam the brakes on. Keep checking the outside of your buds (they hanging?) and be sure they stay supple.

So many ways to do this, and it's critical. If you let it reach 44%, it would be ruined by today's standards. Shriveled up and harsh. No body left to it. Weight be gone..

Could you curtain it off into a corner, with plastic dust sheet. Keeping the RH more contained, once the outsides are at risk? Then you can vent the tent 24/7, and adjust your curtain to keep 60% in that enclosure.

Half the job of growing good weed, is happening in the next couple of weeks.

I don't see chopping time as all that important. I have chopped the trunk before lights on, but not really seen a difference. I do know I can't trim in the dark though.

trixP

Okay, so no zero then, or smell will drift.
If you can't get below 1, then at some point, the outside of the bud will be dry (5-6days perhaps) and you will need to contain moisture around it somehow.
I used to like boxes. Water would leave through the card, but not too fast. You could even bag the boxes, if you needed to slam the brakes on. Keep checking the outside of your buds (they hanging?) and be sure they stay supple.

So many ways to do this, and it's critical. If you let it reach 44%, it would be ruined by today's standards. Shriveled up and harsh. No body left to it. Weight be gone..

Could you curtain it off into a corner, with plastic dust sheet. Keeping the RH more contained, once the outsides are at risk? Then you can vent the tent 24/7, and adjust your curtain to keep 60% in that enclosure.

Half the job of growing good weed, is happening in the next couple of weeks.

I don't see chopping time as all that important. I have chopped the trunk before lights on, but not really seen a difference. I do know I can't trim in the dark though.
Thanks so
Much dude been stressing the chop, I have the humidifier also I also have the Graf from the canacoalition with different temps require did rh require more less days hold up

trixP

xyz

Attachments

• IMG_5784.jpeg
    IMG_5784.jpeg
    182 KB · Views: 25

trixP

I plan on curing in jars may put some in the freezer also found a Danny dual zone wine fridge on marketplace may pick it up

trixP

Hello friends 😎

Thank you to all an amazing first run thank you all all who have helped this ak47 smells amazing I cannot wait to order some new beans ! Purple urkle I’m feeling next and some berry white

Getting my tent down to 60 will be my biggest fight as it’s my living room we shall see already got the humidity there

I have much better photos ask and I will send privately

Thank you all again friends
Ps the rayonled lights absolutely kick ass
Grown under glmf400 veg and glmf760pro flwr

Next round I know to have the light a little higher

Last edited:

Ca++

That's a good job for a first run.

I wouldn't worry about getting to 60f. It may even be counterproductive. You want your weed jarred up around 55% in your lounge. If it's 55% at 60f, it will be crispy at lounge temperature. Getting it to 55% at 60f, means storing and using it at that low temp, which is probably not feasible.
I'm quite happy to dry it to the right RH, at storage temperature. Which will be in the 70s. That way it can stay at 55% for a long time. Curing.

55% @ 60f is too dry once back to reasonable temperatures. Lower than your 44%, which is too low.

trixP

That's a good job for a first run.

I wouldn't worry about getting to 60f. It may even be counterproductive. You want your weed jarred up around 55% in your lounge. If it's 55% at 60f, it will be crispy at lounge temperature. Getting it to 55% at 60f, means storing and using it at that low temp, which is probably not feasible.
I'm quite happy to dry it to the right RH, at storage temperature. Which will be in the 70s. That way it can stay at 55% for a long time. Curing.

55% @ 60f is too dry once back to reasonable temperatures. Lower than your 44%, which is too low.
Yeah room temp in the 72-75 easy

Got the tent at 63 right now slowly dropping already at 60rh the T7 humidifier is the king yeah it’s loud but it’s instant and it doesn’t have to run 24/7 playing catch up

I checked the roots, and the one with the white hairs actually had the super super duper white roots and it was the taller frostier girl with the brown roots which would make more sense as that’s the one that dried out and welded itself ! And I’d have to water all the time
I will be buying humidity packs 55rh for my stored cured

They smelt stronger today I’m exited

Last edited:

cola

For any outsiders that might catch this thread at a later time, some strains do white hair up until the end.
GS Cookies is one of them. I have seen SE Asian (Thai, VN) also do it. Can be strain specific or pheno too.
A word of caution when using desiccants - place them in an open baggie in your jar - not touching buds.