What's new

Harvest ready with white hairs ????

mr.brunch

Veteran
It’s more about how swelled out the calyxes look than the hair colour
new white hairs pop out over the top of the older orange ones constantly throughout flowering, but production slows down towards the end allowing the mature orange ones to be seen as they “catch up”

trixP

It’s more about how swelled out the calyxes look than the hair colour
new white hairs pop out over the top of the older orange ones constantly throughout flowering, but production slows down towards the end allowing the mature orange ones to be seen as they “catch up”
I found it odd too I also noticed after two days normally it’s dry by today the moisture is still up wondering if maybe water stunted it ie kept watering every 2 days when maybe I shouldn’t

trixP

The left thinner cola one is could deff be good to go

I don’t Wana let it go to long either 😩

Ca++

When a plant displays a second push, it's generally a problem.
It could be a feed increase.
It could be a decrease, after it was a bit too high.
It could be too much light.
Light hours might not be entirely suitable
The dreaded light leak.
There are others..

They look alright to me. Lots of people would rather cut early, before the earlier production converts onto products they find less desirable. The general understand is that a plant will lean towards it's higher qualities early on. With it's more stoney qualities developing over time.
It really depends what you want, but that has been effective for weeks.
If you're finding mums, then it can be better to take everything at the time you personally want it to be ready. So if you got a 9 weeks strain, I presume that is what you wanted. So pull it at 9 weeks, and see if you want to keep it or not. 12 weeks is 33% longer. That's not viable in most grows, as a 33% improvement is asking too much. 9 goes into 52, nearly 6 times. While 12 goes into 52 a little over 4 times. It's hard to justify, unless you really want a certain thing.

trixP

When a plant displays a second push, it's generally a problem.
It could be a feed increase.
It could be a decrease, after it was a bit too high.
It could be too much light.
Light hours might not be entirely suitable
The dreaded light leak.
There are others..

They look alright to me. Lots of people would rather cut early, before the earlier production converts onto products they find less desirable. The general understand is that a plant will lean towards it's higher qualities early on. With it's more stoney qualities developing over time.
It really depends what you want, but that has been effective for weeks.
If you're finding mums, then it can be better to take everything at the time you personally want it to be ready. So if you got a 9 weeks strain, I presume that is what you wanted. So pull it at 9 weeks, and see if you want to keep it or not. 12 weeks is 33% longer. That's not viable in most grows, as a 33% improvement is asking too much. 9 goes into 52, nearly 6 times. While 12 goes into 52 a little over 4 times. It's hard to justify, unless you really want a certain thing.
Could be a couple things you mentionned
These seeds were give. To me I was aiming 9 weeks and was told to expect early due to the Uv and Fr the box says 9/10 weeks flower

I cut nutes week 8 to be 2 weeks 8/9 around 3 days switching is when they appeared

I accidently also had my phones flash on when taking a picture in total darkness with the uv but that was earlier than when signs happened and that never happened again,

I told want to go past and ruin the good one. Not that the white one is bad it’s huge and smells great just seems to have re started

Ca++

If the older parts are done, I would take it down. I have cut new growth off enough times before, as it just wouldn't have the weeks it needed. While the risk of rot is ever present, as the leaves loose so much integrity, they don't even look green anymore.

Lowering the feed has been a common trigger for me. A plant can drop a lot of salts back into solution, when we do this. Typically speaking, if I drop the EC, the runoff EC will actually go up for a day. It's an area I have not explored enough to explain it. I believe the internal EC can only be a certain amount above the feeds. We are constantly building this up from day 1. We track feed needs into peak flower, but then, just maybe, refuse to believe it's time to ease off. Which has the internal EC just climb too high. I have seen the internal EC spoke of as brix. Never EC. Though brix is sugar in other projects. As I say.. I have not looked at this enough. The cause and effect is clear though.

trixP

Day 60 dropped light power 900-1200+ to 900-1000

White girl still white looks frostier

Mature is frostier and looking more boom each day

Last edited:

trixP

The white seems to be yellowing maybe will we get red hairs. Also I find the crystals still clear on both another day

Last edited:

trixP

Still clear chomes no ambers

Ironically I found the leaves to be praying I dropped 615 to 600 found them praying

I also went back into my files and I only kicked on the uv fr day 35 ( didn’t know when to use them ) which is end week 5 So only 6/7/8/9 so the 9/10 suggestion may be accurate…..

White hairs slowly slowly changing, white hairs slowly poping out of the other girl not every bud though

Gona cut it day 63 I planned t flush week 8/9 may as well follow.

Thanks again this my first round it’s been great

Last edited:

trixP

Friends guess what, there’s no ambers it’s me who is a noob, they are getting milky, guess what the one you all thought was ready is growing fat white hairs also I am day 62 of 63 for week nine

I have also noticed the tips of the white hairs on my chunky girl air starting to go red.

My latest concern is I have cut nutrients since week 8 I am on the end of week 9 tomorrow

Harvest or push the flush, I did for sure burn and bleach the top layer of leafs as most are finally dieing lots of new healthy growth underside all praying upwards.

Noticing more smell today also since dropping the light 15watts and raising it 2 inches last week

Harvest it tomorrow or push it the flowers look fatter

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
If its pushing new growth it aint done.......pretty basic.
I wait until there are no new pistils and all trichs stop twinkling.