What's new

Hammerheads 2nd run Peyote Purple x Querkle grow..

RandomNegro

Yep Purple Peyote x Purple Querkle freebies (better than the seeds I ordered that's for sure).

Things I've noticed:

Relatively flexible with nutes (seems like it prefers light nutes or low nitrogen at least) but doesn't seem to burn easily.

Grows short with comically elongated petioles on the fan leaves.

Flowers very quickly, trichs showed up for me in the first week after showing sex.

Seems like the flower time is going to be a 8 or 9 weeks of 12/12 depending on tests after the first run.

The ONLY negative is the low yield, but the nugs seem like they want to be rock hard so maybe the final harvest will weigh in just fine.

Low maintenance, I've only pruned a few fan leaves that blocked some light but that was mainly because of my fim job.

To me, it seems like Foomar's example leans further away from the bubba. Am I correct?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have only found 2 phenos. 1 is Bubba Dom the other is a mix of bubba/space Queen/Urkle with a better Yield. This one has a more candy grape aroma/flavor. I have both of these in flower now...Both are top shelf smoke.. Im working on the bx2 now will see if there is a improvement in yield on both phenos. If not I dont know if I will continue anymore work. They are fantastic the way they are.. Thanks for the info :)

Last edited:

headees

Ive got 4 of these, still havent shown sex, but they look stout. Ill get some pix when I flower them out.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cool cant wait to see your to... the more the better.. I thought there would be some people growing these after giving out 1000 seeds :)

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
I have just started the 2nd run of Peyote Purple X Querkle seeds.. Will Update as the get going... Here are 14? getting soaked..

View Image

All I have to say is the pot from the PP X Querkle seeds was one of the most resin intense buds ive seen all year!! A real treat...

Would run over GSC in the fastest heartbeat....

hayday

Veteran
Mine are at day 57 and looks sweet.Covered on all th leaves and the nuggs are layered.
Deep richcolors too.
Beautiful plants from the begining.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
that was very nice to sak KB... I appriciate that very much... You should grow some if you have the chance...The thing about these genetics is she will fool you. You will think you have a Sativa Dom strain. When she is done she is all Indica. you will love to smoke and grab for evryday. I personaly like the grape candy Pheno more for flavor the potency of either is the same...We always grab for the strains that taste the best

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im probably going to harvest these next weekend
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^ that shit is pimpin' right there :biggrin:... is that the grape candy Pheno?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes she is I got to of them. The otherS are the Bubba Dom.. There all fantastic but we cant help our selves when it comes to flavor. Candy will alwyas win :)

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had a querkle female, that looked spot on with the one of your querkle ladies that I've seen (I know you used the male Q for this one), which I hit with Sour Bubble pollen while I had some... I am very anxious to pop a couple of those. my Querkle smelled like a grape danish... signature purple taste mixed with vanilla and dough with a Lime/grapefruit rind back end, should mix well the SB me thinks.

I hope I find that purple candy Pheno, when I pop my pack purple frostbyte... Verrrrrrry Niiiiiice thanks for sending those in as freebies BTW... very generous of you!

unspoken

Yes she is I got to of them. The otherS are the Bubba Dom.. There all fantastic but we cant help our selves when it comes to flavor. Candy will alwyas win :)

I just picked a male out to make f2 of my Querkle x Chemdog Sour Diesel. I had 6 males to choose from and the winner has the best grape candy smell. Most of the others had a diesely/skunky/berry smell, but that grape candy always wins in my book too.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You guys that are growing her careful with the light leaks she can be sensitive to this.. I only had 2 plants that got nanners but I was taking 100's of pics with the flash in the dark.. Thats the only think that I think caused it..Some phenos are just more sensitive then others within the same line... I know PP is very Stable that's why I picked it as by base stock..

I have been trying to improve the yield.. Im not just going to through a big yielding strain in the mix...I have to find the right strain to use. Most of the really good stuff does not yield very well.. I have had a few strains that where great yield was there,Potency was there they just dont have what i'm looking for. The closest I found was P13(Ice Princess x G13) This is a dead strain only a hand full of people have it.. I just popped my last 5 beans of it. Getting a pheno like I did the first time the odds are against me. I might save some pollen though... They say breeding is a art I can sure see why.. What you pick to use makes a big impact on the final product..

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The frosting is high for this stage of flower , nothing in the room comeing close apart from a couple of Ele.

picture.php

Fresh bud leaves are thick and covered both sides , purple starting to show with deep colours under the fans already.

picture.php

Soft velvet look and pastel shades , stunning already and a long way to go yet.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

These four are sexually stable under constant low level cfl lightleaks that SD or Casey will not tolerate , i dont run a care home for fussy plants.

They all showed obvious sex by nine nodes in veg , and seem determined to stick to it.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The male is dropping freely , finished more compact at 20 nodes than the girls , next to a 23 watt cfl on 12/12 for weeks it is still in reasonable health but shed its crinkly fans , with a few gram of pollen to use.

Woody and rotting fruit mixed aromas , top foot pictured , showing purple under the leaves and a scattering of trichs at the base of flowers.

picture.php

The girls are like clones but should find some minor expressions of interest in an F2 , have dusted a few lower buds on each , and a few on anything else looking suitable that happens to be in flower.

He cloned easy well into flower and revegged without intersex , well worth useing him on a few trials

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Any day now I will harvest these Gems.These gils are just gorgious. I cant capture the real buty of hese plants with this camera....
picture.php

picture.php

amannamedtruth

Veteran
I've got one in veg that reeks or grape candy...gonna be flipped in a few weeks, gonna make sure she's nice and big. I'll be sure to document for you hammerhead...also have a very nice male, hopefully make some solid f2s.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think your going to find some awesome plants in that cross... It so much better now that I can make my owns seeds.. I have what I need to make very good cannabis seeds. The quality is there, The flavor is there. I need to find a good yielding strain that adds to the work I have done. I just cant find that good yielding strain that I want to use..Im thinkind about AK-47. I f I could find a cherry pheno male oh boy that would be killer. Still not sure Its got to be in the 6oz per plant range..