What's new

Hail Hydro!

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
He's something I've been contemplating again. I used it years ago but had issues, which were likely pilot errors.

Sea Minerals (sans the salt)

http://www.sea-crop.com/testimonials.html

Thinking to move the 2 largest plants to one tote. In the other bubble tote, but instead of feeding 100% EH Grow nutes, I will add ~ 2% minerals, which will be highly concentrated

Queef

I like growing hydro myself I can pinpoint ph and can pin point nutrients. You can even grow organically in hydro with fish tank water they sell tests in fish supply aisle. I do a blend of both. Fridays fish day that's when the girls get fish n chips and change of res on Sunday night or monday.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What size tent & from where?

Inquiring minds need to know

I buy from Amazon, making sure the corner connectors are metal and the tent top light hanging bars are sufficient to hold the lights. If the lights are heavy (like the Transcend Lighting D 200 2 ~ 40 pounds!) the tent can come crashing down on your hard work. I am moving up to 4 x 4+ in order to get 3-4 plants under the lights, which will significantly increase gpw, which a lot of growers use as their be-all-end all barometer of how good a light is, although itis highly misleading

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
I buy from Amazon, making sure the corner connectors are metal and the tent top light hanging bars are sufficient to hold the lights. If the lights are heavy (like the Transcend Lighting D 200 2 ~ 40 pounds!) the tent can come crashing down on your hard work. I am moving up to 4 x 4+ in order to get 3-4 plants under the lights, which will significantly increase gpw, which a lot of growers use as their be-all-end all barometer of how good a light is, although itis highly misleading

The Avitidi PTU series are really inexpensive & have the metal poles/corners. I got the 4x2x5 & it's very nice.

HarvestMoon303

If you notice in the pic of my rez and twin totes, the rez is lower than the bulkhead.

Many people do not know (my hydro store included) that once the low pressure pump is turned off, the nutes will drain back through it into the rez.

This tip is a game changer for me

Anyone who grows in a F&D knows this. How do you think that they would *drain* a F&D tray?

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anyone who grows in a F&D knows this. How do you think that they would *drain* a F&D tray?

With every F & D tray I've ever seen, there are 2 distinct tubes, a feed tube and a drain back tube placed over the rez.

My method eliminates the separate drain tube, providing more flexibility to where the rez can be located. Mine are typically outside the tents

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
3 plants already have coconuts. This leaves me with only 3 females, all of which can fit in one tent. But I just started assembling a new 5 x 5. Guess I need to pop more seeds :biggrin:

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Real bummer, of the 2 plants left the small one on the left is a male, too.

So of the 6 seeds, 5/6 from my cross of Diesel with same strain sat male, are males :wallbash:

Popped more WW X G 13, but now 5 weeks behind

Also, reading about no need for air stones, so I added a small lp pump but running it 24/7 made the rez temps too warm. I now have it on a timer. Currently running it 3 minutes every 8 minutes

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
That sux about the males, bud - luck of the draw, I guess.

Don't let it get you down, hang in there - your grows are awesome!

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Since I only have one plant, I replaced the P3 with the 4 cob SE 250 to get better coverage. I also set it inside the cube

Also rearranged the room to accommodate the new tent. Setting up a 5 x 5 requires 2 people

5/6 are ~ 2" tall, one is still hiding. Time to move them into my bubbler. Using the SE 220 rings only to start them off

View attachment 392598

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So far, I'm a believer. No air stones for over a week on the flowering plant, BUT, I am using a small lp pump 3 min on/10 min off

Pic is of plant one week after DeFol (a technique most can't wrap their minds around either, but clearly works for rapid development of bud sites)

Also, 5 seedlings looking good. Still using a 4 stone bubbler here

View attachment 393150 View attachment 393151

View attachment 393152

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The top branches are budding like crazy over the last 2 days. The grower who turned me on to eliminating the air stones could be right- faster growth

My hydro store hooked me up with a sample of APTUS Fasilitor a silicone product

Just added it to my seedlings, and will add to next batch of fresh nutes