What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gunnars Lab 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
heres the status as of today

the grow room is a little delayed ( hehe wouldnt be the first time) but i think it should be operational in about 2 weeks.

MIS and White Russian hasnt arrived yet as Seedbay has had holiday

Skunk#1 hasnt arrived yet but a nice envelope that contained Trainwreck IBL, UK Cheese x Chronic and Biddy Early x Chonic arrived the day before New years eve :)

Bifrost aka bublegum should arrive in a week or so as clones so its a sure winner for first run together with the TW

a few days before the room is ready for the bulbs to start glowing ill make up my mind on which strains and crosses to grow and start germinating

tnx for all the kind words and suggestions so far
please keep them coming

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seedbay still lists my White Russians and the hopefully Mazar I Sharif as freebies, as not yet shipped so they will probably not the among the strains in the first grow

l just get a hold on some 4 l plastic cans that ill cut open and use for pots
free is always nice :)

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Which 4 to run first depends on many thing
one of them being which of the ordered/promised seeds i actually receive

White Russian / Mazar I Sharif freebies are still listed at Seedbay as unpayed even though i send an envelope with money on the 16. of December
i hope its work load from the holiday causing this and not a stolen letter.

Skunk#1 and Double Dutch from an anonymous donor hasnt arrived yet

Chronic f2 was lost due to smashed seeds on arrival

Ak48
BBxNL
Golden skush
are already in my own seed stock

Bifrost aka Bubblegum should arrive within a week or so

the grow room is a little delayed but when its operational i will have to pick from available seeds by then
and ill also cut some clones from my existing mother plants and flower those as a bonus

4 x 400 watt lights is available

the 4 seed strains will be grown in 12 liter pots and the bonus clones will be grown in 3-4 liter pots with a little lower priority

for clones i might pick Deep Chunk, C99 and Jock Horror and maybe some Nepalese Jam
i might be making seeds from Deep Chunk and C99 as they seems to be in demand and not many seeds available on the market
might also flower a few Nordic/Danish strains to use in crosses with the above for some killer outdoor crosses for next year

Hey m8 må vi ikke se lidt overbliksbilleder af dit growroom gerne fra forskellige vinkler og af lamper udsugning og andet sjov ;)

Håber du holder moderplanter af alle de fine sorter.. Sharing i charing ;)

Bright..

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
still some work to be done before grow room is operational
lotsa picking seeds and making hash has come in the way

ive decided finnaly for the first 4 strains

Skunk#1
Double dutch ( its f2 or something but hope for a good mother anyway)
Bifrost aka bublegum from Sagaseeds
and finally
Tainwreck IBL from Crazy X seeds

also some clones for previous runs
im doing Deep Chunk and c99 seeds grows also as theres almost nowhere to find those seeds

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
still some time till actual grow starts as im sorting seeds etc atm

some update in growth of some genetics from a fellow danish grower

cindy pix taken today

cindy3me8.jpg

cindy1rs8.jpg

cindy2gh6.jpg

the mailman was also in a good mode to day and brought me some nice clones
Bifrost bublegum from sagaseeds

hope to bring some shots from an operational grow room soon but i have many things going atm so i think at least 1-2 weeks from now

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
unfortunately there will be no c99 and dc seed grow from clones in the first up coming run

i had moved some of the mothers for a new location to get more space
unfortunately this new space had mice visitors who have chewed up some of my precious clones

so far i can see that ive lost 2/5 c99 clones
at least one Black Domina and several dc clones have been damaged but i think most DC's will survive but they need longer growth until i can take clones from them

heres 2 of the damaged plants
2 dc mothers

img0461xlh7.jpg

img0462xrv7.jpg

well ive just have to concentrate in the 4 main seed strains then
im planning a 2 week short growth period under flouros and mh and then flowered in 4 liter pots with more plants pr m2 than original planned using 12 liter buckets/pots

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
just made a new cloner box out of an aquarium kit i purchased on a sale
its complete with lights, heater and circulation cleaner pump
i added a large air stone with a separate pump for more air in the water

between the water and the clones i used some expanded polystyrene board apr 1 cm thick and made some holes for the clones
its not entirely light proof and some light is also in the water below with the hopefully soon to come roots
but some growers have told me its not essential for it to be lightproof as the clones will root anyway

First shown are 4 Happy Brother clones
then later i added 10 Fat Russian clones ( Crazy X Seeds, White Russian x Chronic)
the FR's seems like a sativa dominated pheno but time will tell

if this turns out a successful way of rooting ill be rooting many clones this way in the near future

temperature is ranging between 22 to 23 degrees Celsius

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
ive just added 3 Exodus original Cheese clones the the aquarium bubbler and hope the will root soon in be part of my future breeding stable
its the 3 cheese clones the the far left

img0041edd.jpg

img0040h.jpg

just checked the first cuttings and still no signs of roots but they have only been there 5 days now
but when it comes to sprouting seeds and rooting clones im the impatient type

IKILL3RI

:rasta: Gunnarguchi :pimp3:

Your grow process is looking amazing, and those dogs pics are fucking beautiful. Keep us updated :joint:

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
:rasta: Gunnarguchi :pimp3:

Your grow process is looking amazing, and those dogs pics are fucking beautiful. Keep us updated :joint:
tnx for the positive vibes :joint:
my grows keeps growing in size and strains used etc so if you like it so far i dont think you will be disappointed in the future either

heres a few shots form the cloner to day
had a lot of shitty pix for some reason but heres the best of them
Sepultura said:
ROOTS
BLOODY ROOTS

img0053h.jpg

img0048o.jpg

img0049tef.jpg

img0051men.jpg

so far only about 40% of the first submitted cuts are showing roots but im sure the others will be there soon
the cheese cuts where submitted later
ive opened the lid in the box as i suspected the temperature was higher there than in the temperature controlled water cause the plants are closer to the bulb and theres not much space to level the temperature

updated 18/3 09

better pix
more roots

img0055g.jpg

img0054r.jpg

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
well better late than never
my indoor room should be operational in a few days, at weekend at latest so ill start germinating seeds tomorrow and the next days

heres one sure winner for the first run

Trianwreck ibl from crazy x seeds
img0085o.jpg

then skunk#1 from sensi
Double dutch f2
and Bifrost from Sagaseeds
all from seeds

also some Fat Russians - sativa dominated clone
and Happy brother and hopefully a cheese clone or 2

might also add others and maybe also some clones later from Gunnars lab1 when i have cut them from the mothers and rooted them
should be getting some Sour diesel, SSSDH, amnesia haze, double dutch selected clones and others in the mail very soon

if just one from each roots and survives as mothers then the rest will be added to the room for flower

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
a secret place in the little kingdom of Denmark one guy is preparing for yet another battle in the war on marijuana
his fighting on the side of the good guys of course

preparation for this years out door season and the new grow room has been on going for some time but now its getting closer

ive been working my ass of recently to be able to turn the power on as soon as possible
still some work to do until i turn on the switch but its getting much closer now
this room is both going to be my indoor Garden Of Eden, but also ill germinate and pregrow plants going outside later there, and also i plan to finish plants there that have problems finishing the last few weeks in our harsh climate
and of course i plan to collect a lot of pollen from my outdoor ladies later this season and use them in winter time in this room to dust some more exotic ladies in order to get some cool crosses ready for 2010 outdoor season

img0089x.jpg

img0090xb.jpg

at full flower i expect to have 4 x 400 watt hps together with some flourous, cfl and mh for vegetative room
if i crammed it really ahrd and went full capacity i guess i could do 6-8 x 400 watt in the flowering room and do 12 m2 instead of the planned 6-8 m2 but i dont want to cause suspicion from the power company about the sudden arise in power use

img0091x.jpg

img0092y.jpg

notice the box full of used bulbs
they came free of charge with the Phillips greenhouse lamps i bought cheap on a sale ( 50 euros for 10 lamps and spare bulbs)
ive bought new bulbs for the first grow
i just keep these just an case an emergency is occurring

img0093yku.jpg

a grow shop owner gave me these 3 bags of Advanced Nutrients products as free testers
its powder/salt which gets dissolved in water
they all have different NPK levels for different purposes and im sure they will come in handy

img0094j.jpg

img0095nmb.jpg

the the left its the Phillip greenhouse lamps ( they will only be used at first. i ordered an Adjust A Wing batwing refelctor and an AAW replica. then im going to make DIY batwings reflectors for the rest of the grow inspired from the original and this thread
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=14472
to the right its my main 130 mm ventilation unit
not sure of the specs but its effective but also a little noisy so ill have to put it in a wooden box and also make a silencer for it
im going to get a smaller 120 mm ventilation unit for the room also
for both fans i have some homemade carbon filters
saved a lot of money on building these myself
just have to drive out and pick it up but atm i have my hands full

img0096x.jpg

to finish outside work im using a 400 watt hps but inside a 125 watt cfl is enough to keep a proper light for working

img0099x.jpg

a spare 250 watt mh kit im going to use later for vegetative growth in the smaller vegetative room
also a spare 600 watt ballast i bought on ebay
have no bulbs for it yet but it was a good deal so i just had to have it ;)
new grow room needs new bulbs so heres the Osram MH and the GE lucalox HO hps bulbs i got for this grow

img0100ehh.jpg

PH and EC meter for hydro
just had to have this for future purposes
also a light meter which ive already had good use of
all 3 items i bought on ebay for between 20 and 25 pounds with shipping from Hong Kong
delivered within 4-6 working days!

sorry i cant show any pix from construction of the room but its due to security reasons
pix from grow room will only be showing white and mylar covered walls with plants and lamps so it cant be identified, compared and used as evidence if i should get so unlucky of getting busted of the crime of supplying some of my countrymen with some non taliban cannabis and the world with seeds
sorry but blame our screwed governments and their fucked up laws that keeps the growers and breeders working underground like we where some kind of dangerous and criminal persons

img0425x.jpg

of course all the gear above would be useless if we havent got some of these

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
while i work in the garden and also still works on the last things remaining on the grow room heres some shots from my cloner which has been rebuild and improved

instead of just a hole in the polystyrene foam board for the stalks ive drilled holes and out in net pots that contains Grodan rockwool cubes 4x4 cm pressed into a 50 mm net pots

from left in first row its 2 Happy Brothers, then 3 Exodus Cheese, then a Fat Russian.
also Fat Russian in entire middle row
third row is 2 Sweet Skunk (SOL), then 2 Sour Diesel ( a cut told to be free of hermies), 2 SSSDH and then 2 Amnesia Haze

img0143a.jpg

the Happy Brothers, cheese and fat russians already have roots
they have been in a grow stop for 2-3 weeks after i gave then a rough treatment to get rid of s starting spider mite infestation.
the Sweet Skunk, Sour diesel, SSSDH and Amnesia hazes are new and added after i fought the bugs
they still need to form roots

img0144.jpg

img0145g.jpg

img0146.jpg

img0147jiq.jpg

img0151.jpg

i know this is a shitty pix but you can see that the bottom of the net pots with rock wool just touches the water making it work like a wick system where the water is drawn up to the plant using the rock wool

img0152qar.jpg

before the the lid is put back on
you see the wood frame i added to give more space between the flouro and the plants
after all this is still an aquarium build into a cloner/bubbler grow box

img0153e.jpg

peeking in with the lid on through a small lid that can open

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
Nice Bro, looks realy good..... U have the same strains running like me: Sweet Skunk, Sour Diesel, SSSDH and Amnesia Hazes also the Happy Brother i saw somewere in ur threads ............the cross the boarder again thanks to my Danish friends.....love these cutz:)

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
yes they are loverly cuts i expect a lot from
i have 2 cuttings rooting from most of them currently
i hope both from each strain will root so i have both a mother and one to run in my current grow

D

danny karey

Comming along nicely Gunnar, can't wait to see the room when it's full of girls.

Danny

420.se

Awesome. I wish i had this kind of space and lived close to some corn fields.

I noted that these white airhoses are wrapped in trashbags, had to do the same to my ducting (used the same type of white hose) due to a lightleak outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.