What's new

Guawi

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Beautiful Guawi homero :)

Very Old Malawi Killer style! ;) Next weeks are going to be interesting.
Thanks for the update!

homero

Señor Member
Veteran
I am still here :)

guawi the most mature one

picture.php

picture.php

one that will need more time

picture.php

picture.php

I have other 4 … in the next days ... ciao ciao

homero

Señor Member
Veteran
I say thanks to ace for their work ... as soon as possible the last two

guawi n° 3 I think she’ll be ready in a couple of weeks

picture.php

picture.php

guawi n°4 the bigger … I had to bend her … and I had to put a support for the weight of the top

picture.php

picture.php

homero

Señor Member
Veteran
glad to hear this rismooth :) the last two ...

guawi 5 the smallest among the tall ones

picture.php

picture.php

guawi 6 the lowest and the one that look less sativa

picture.php

picture.php

I think I'll cut everything in the next weeks … very happy with this experience … next time I'd like to try it the purple haze x malawi :)

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Impressive looking plants and superb pictures homero! Drooling!

I sprouted one fem of these, still a seedling, high expectation!

I'm constrained in height space, should I flower it at say 2 weeks from sprouting?

Last edited:

homero

Señor Member
Veteran
I cut the light after 14 days ... and I had to attach the panel to the ceiling ... prepare to bend them :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi homero,

What a pleasure to see such beautiful Guawi ladies before chop! :yes: Good job!
How would you describe their aromas in their peak of flowering ripeness ?

Congrats and enjoy the harvest! :)

homero

Señor Member
Veteran
hi dubi and thanks :) ... I am not a sommelier but I try to do it

the n° 1 has a pretty woody and spicy … leather … clove scent

the n° 2 the slower … has an overwhelming scent of ripe yellow fruit

the n° 3 sand the n° 5 are similar … more woody spicy notes but with a little sweety under notes

the n° 4 the bigger and the one with the lightest scent … I feel something like green pepper/green pepperoni … spring flowers scent … daisy

the last one … n°6 … the smallest and the most in barrique scented … strong woody … cinnamon … its seems to be like a good italian red wine …

the number 2 and the number 6 are totally different to the others … one for one verse and one for another ... anyway a very nice strain :) ... hope to have done a good job ... I leave you with the last pics ... thanks again and ciao ciao

guawi 2

picture.php

part

picture.php

guawi 4

picture.php

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Impressive growing and photography skills, beautiful shots homero!

homero said:
I cut the light after 14 days ... and I had to attach the panel to the ceiling ... prepare to bend them :)

These are my seedlings right now (tallest at right back is a clone, Guawi is the one on the back at the left):

attachment.php

Are you telling me I should flip them now?

Attachments

• IMG_4029.jpg
    IMG_4029.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 26

homero

Señor Member
Veteran
ciao repuk and good morning ... It's not easy give a distance opinion ... I do not know anything about yours growroom and I do not know your coltivation style ... how old are them? ... they seem to be a little bit weak ... thin stalk ... I have this pict ... they are 10 days old in 2,5 lt pot ... and as you can see in my album ... after 4 days I repotted them and put them in flower

picture.php

I hope I have been at least a little useful for you ciao ciao

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
It helps a lot homero! thanks for the picture! :tiphat:

Yes I also feel they're not strong yet, but note taken to flower it as soon as I see they're well stablished.

I'm growing in coco coir (canna). Didn't notice the PLL they were under had failed during their first week, hence the mad stretch.

Pots seen are 1L. Been feeding rhyzotonic + B52 to 0.9EC @ PH5.8 after the repotting to promote root growth, they look greener and more healthy now.

I have been feeding h34d formula (using Jungle Juice) watered down to 0.8-0.9EC, but going to switch to Canna Coco A+B as from my notes deficiencies happened much more frequently when using Jungle Micro + Bloom.

Well stocked on rain water, so hopefully problems with Ca/Mg related K lockout deficiencies I've been suffering from time to time due to my tap water won't happen... really concerned with these high performance, crazy vigor sativa hybrids.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi homero,

Thank you very much for taking the time to describe the different aromas found in your Guawis in late flowering, really interesting variety of terpenes ... hope you also have found the mango/peach-incensey pheno and the leather clove incensey ... that's another great one! :D Love also the look of the huge trichomes (Malawi style).

You have done a great job with them. Wish they provide great moments in the upcoming months!

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
My guawi... lovely lady! (has been topped)

picture.php

About to flip... I repotted it yesterday (pic taken before).

I didn't flip yet, my reasoning being to allow her a couple days to stablish strong roots... shouldn't I? Will that be worse stretch-wise?

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
My Guawi has been a breeze to train for a flat canopy so far (left, under a 400W HPS).

picture.php

Canopy shot
picture.php

General shot
picture.php

end of 4th flowering week, beggining 5th:
picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi repuk,

Thanks for taking the time to take indoor and outdoor pics with natural light of your Guawi :) How is she evolving since your last update ? How are her aromas so far ?

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Hi repuk,

Thanks for taking the time to take indoor and outdoor pics with natural light of your Guawi :) How is she evolving since your last update ? How are her aromas so far ?

I find natural light to be the best for diagnosing...

Regarding aroma: Loovely fruity: mango/guava. Reeks all the tent!

At some point I also noticed catpiss on the tent, but don't know which lady is.

Will take pictures!

Latest posts

Latest posts