What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.

Guawi

De La Luz

Member
Hola Dubi,
I'm looking forward to starting some the Guawi seeds I have from ACE that i received earlier this year.

"Guatamala Sativa (Father of Tikal) X Malawi clone mom
13 weeks finish, very high yield"

I'll keep you posted with photos etc as they develope. I'm gonna start with 10 pack of seeds this time around.

This strain sounds fantastic!!

Gracias amigo,
 

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
De La Luz said:
Hola Dubi,
I'm looking forward to starting some the Guawi seeds I have from ACE that i received earlier this year.

"Guatamala Sativa (Father of Tikal) X Malawi clone mom
13 weeks finish, very high yield"

I'll keep you posted with photos etc as they develope. I'm gonna start with 10 pack of seeds this time around.

This strain sounds fantastic!!

Gracias amigo,

High De La Luz,

It's great to see you around! :) I hope everything is fine there!

Im glad to hear you are about to start Guawi seeds. We did some winter tests with her, Guawi from this outdoor season are at 3rd week of flowering right now.

It's a very vigorous and uniform sativa F1 hybrid with excellent branching and strong structure.

She starts to flower outdoors at the end of August, finishing outdoors late October/early November. Very good mold resistance. Flowers are dense and resinous like malawi mother with guatemala strawberry bouquet.

Please, let us know how they grow for you! Best wishes. dubi
 

De La Luz

Member
Hola folks,
Due to tight space restrictions I have only popped 5 Guawi seeds. (These are suppose to be very large plants so I went with just 5 to see how much space they will need indoors.)

all 5 germinated within 48 hrs.

Seedlings look healthy and the journey has begun...

I'll update with images once they develop a bit more.

Peace,
 

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds like a killer cross, look forward to watching them produce for you, De La Luz! Best wishes for a trouble-free grow.
 

pescador

Member
Hola Dubi,

What would you guess to be the presence of THCV in the Malawi line you have been working with? I know malawi's have been rumored to have lots of THCV, and from the one hybrid I grew I got very beautiful psychedelic visual pattern recognitions when the buds where eaten (namely looking at trees and plants..hard to describe, but very beautiful). The preparation was with coconut butter and a bit of hemp oil under low heat to avoid oxidation/degradation, and Co-Q10 was added as a preservative (if that matters).

After periods of frequent consumption of the oil, the visual effect lasts a long time, even weeks after...in a mild way. For me, this was very unique. My girlfriend experienced the same. I must say though that the plants were harvested very early due to severe PH problems (tap water changed from PH 6.8-7 to 8 in a few weeks during my absence), so that may have contributed to it.

The visual effect when smoked was harder to get, though the high was more powerful, trippy/paranoid but also a bit dirtier if that makes sense. The visual effect was the strongest when smoking and eating were combined :)

Perhaps this is the "cartoon vision" people talk about with THCV.

I am sure you have tried the Thai used in the Destroyer by Cannabiogen that you mentioned has lots of THCV, so perhaps you can compare the effects?

Thanks for all your great working! Looking forward to growing your Panama and more bangi haze F6 in the near future...and hopefully more! The benefits of ACE's work on cannabis will be felt for generations to come!
 

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
pescador said:
Hola Dubi,

What would you guess to be the presence of THCV in the Malawi line you have been working with? I know malawi's have been rumored to have lots of THCV, and from the one hybrid I grew I got very beautiful psychedelic visual pattern recognitions when the buds where eaten (namely looking at trees and plants..hard to describe, but very beautiful). The preparation was with coconut butter and a bit of hemp oil under low heat to avoid oxidation/degradation, and Co-Q10 was added as a preservative (if that matters).

After periods of frequent consumption of the oil, the visual effect lasts a long time, even weeks after...in a mild way. For me, this was very unique. My girlfriend experienced the same. I must say though that the plants were harvested very early due to severe PH problems (tap water changed from PH 6.8-7 to 8 in a few weeks during my absence), so that may have contributed to it.

The visual effect when smoked was harder to get, though the high was more powerful, trippy/paranoid but also a bit dirtier if that makes sense. The visual effect was the strongest when smoking and eating were combined :)

Perhaps this is the "cartoon vision" people talk about with THCV.

I am sure you have tried the Thai used in the Destroyer by Cannabiogen that you mentioned has lots of THCV, so perhaps you can compare the effects?

Thanks for all your great working! Looking forward to growing your Panama and more bangi haze F6 in the near future...and hopefully more! The benefits of ACE's work on cannabis will be felt for generations to come!

Hola pescador,

we havent done gas chromatograph analyses with our strains or parental plants to determine cannabinoid quantities. Past Spannabis Fair, Cannalyse team (they analyse cannabinoid quantity by light reflection) analysed many of our strains: purple haze, angola, malawi ....

Malawi mother was the strongest weed sample analysed in the whole fair by them. And the 3rd strongest overall sample, only behind 2 very concentrated hash samples. Malawi mother has tons of different cannabionoids (THC, CBD and also THCV), it's a true cannabinoid bomb.
 

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Can we look forward to a Guawi seed release? ( or something else w/ that Malawi clone?)
 

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Good day Highlighter,

We hope to re stock Guawi around mid 08. We are also working with our pure malawi line from seed to reproduce her and with new malawi x sativa hybrids for next season, will keep you updated when work is finished! :wink:

pescador, forgot to comment about differences between meao thai and malawi mother. Meao thai is a long flowering bushy plant, producing very resinous flowers. Effect is real euphoric and uplifting although can paralize some people with low tolerance.

Malawi mother is even stronger, she grows with thin stems and lanky structure but flowers are equally resinous to meao thai and more tight. flowering time is around 12-14 weeks, about 1 month earlier than meao thai.
Effect is super strong and dense psychedelic, then narcotic and long lasting.
 
dubi said:
Malawi mother is even stronger, she grows with thin stems and lanky structure but flowers are equally resinous to meao thai and more tight. flowering time is around 12-14 weeks, about 1 month earlier than meao thai.
Effect is super strong and dense psychedelic, then narcotic and long
lasting.

Hey Dubi,

You say in another thread that this Malawi clone mom you have came from different Malawi lines, so am I right in assuming that it is not the famous "Malawi Gold," but rather some other awesome genetics from Malawi?
Btw, you mention that the high turns narcotic (obviously in no means comparable to a dutch indica). From what I've learned until know, I thought african strains were all sativas that stimulated the brain, like the Malawi Gold for example, even if not highly energetic like certain south african varietes are supposed to be, is this just a misconception? Would the high of this Guawi be different to that of the Malawi Gold??
my knowledge of sativas isn't top notch, I have still to learn and experience.


Ganjabro
 
Last edited:

pescador

Member
Thanks for the info Dubi

So it seems that these genetics are quite different from what african seeds/seedsman and afropips offers. There, you get extremely low density buds with small trichs. The high is psychedelic, clear and not overly energetic with a visual component and gives a warm body glow (a bit different from coutchlock). In in that respect it is not too different I guess. I have also read in forums from people in south africa that the malawi cob can make you laugh forever, whereas from what I have read and somewhat experienced, it is a non silly serious kind of psychedelic high, though not as paranoid as some hazes.

So it seems that Malawi has quite a diversity in genetics. Thanks for bringing this new side of the landrace to the masses. It sounds extremely promising given its amazing strength and uniqueness for a landrace. No doubt, this could be the cornerstone to many great new hybrids.
 
Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hello pescador and ganjabrother,

The origin of our malawi line is a little bit uncertain. It's an african inbred line, suposedly a combination of different malawi lines from 90s and stabilized for potency, resin production and fast flowering here in Spain. Malawi mother we have is a 10 year old clone. We are working this season with last seeds from the malawi seedline to find more parental plants to reproduce her, project will probably take 1 year or more.

Effect is different to most african sativas. African sativas like congolese, angolese or zamal are usually very euphoric and uplifting. Our malawi produces a more powerful narcotic, denser and long lasting experience.
 

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Here are some Guawi females finishing late October, grown organically in pots,

we are very happy with guawi tests: she shows dense resinous flowers (influence from malawi mother) and vigorous growing with strong branching and big yield (guatemala)











 
Last edited:

De La Luz

Member
BEAUTIFUL photos Dubi !!

She looks very lovely and exotic ( and VERY LARGE!!!)

My 5 are progressing nicely. I've kept them in very small pots to start with...I'm kind of afraid to let them get to comfortable...it's been about 5 weeks from germination.

I've just taken some side shoots for cuttings from each of the 5, once they root I'll get them sexed.

More soon
 

Dusty Bowls

Member
brother dubi all i have to say is that malawi mother sounds like the epitome of cannabis and i hope that you are successful in your attempt to reproduce her my best wishes on your efforts
 

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
De La Luz said:
Guawi seedlings at 5 weeks


5 seedlings about 16 to 18 inches tall. Side shoots have developed

Lovely De La Luz! :canabis:

They look very healthy, great structure for indoor sativa flowering!

Thank you very much for share them, very apreciated! dubi
 

De La Luz

Member
I have rooted clones of all five plants now...!!
I'm going to sex the clones starting this week.

More soon...!!
 
Top