What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GrowLab 145L, Environmentally controlled, LST/ScrOG!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGreen

Veteran
Use pvc pipe its easy as hell. Don,t use string it moves all over the place, some kind of square wire fencing would work better.

MASHUP

BigGreen

Glad you mentioned it. I just bought a twine trellis today that I'll have to return.

Any specific hole size work best? If I recall, 3-4". Which I'll adapt to a 2" overkill PVC frame I have planned, as it may hold lights as well.

Still waiting on the air conditioner I ordered to go inside the GrowLab. Got some other toys today though. Gave the system a flush and bumped up the nutes. Roots are still growing nicely.

DSC_5829.jpg

DSC_5832.jpg

DSC_5838.jpg

DSC_5836.jpg

DSC_5835.jpg

DSC_5834.jpg

MASHUP

SwampSavant

Thank you very much. Enjoy the show!

Grinchy

Got some prototype bulbs coming to market soon in there now. Everything the LED following is trying to accomplish is already happening with these set ups in initial testing. They're tuning the spectrum to the exact wavelength in attempts to target the photon receptors of the plant.

It's a trip seeing 2x the growth on a side by side, only variable being the spectrum. We have a lot to learn about indoor lighting.

Thanks everyone for checking in.

Grinchy

Got some prototype bulbs coming to market soon in there now. Everything the LED following is trying to accomplish is already happening with these set ups in initial testing. They're tuning the spectrum to the exact wavelength in attempts to target the photon receptors of the plant.

It's a trip seeing 2x the growth on a side by side, only variable being the spectrum. We have a lot to learn about indoor lighting.

For bloom I am going to either use 2 600w or 1 1000w HPS and T5 side lighting hanging under the plants. I think we're all in for a treat.

Thanks everyone for checking in.

That is intersting about those bulbs, let us know when they hit the market. I was about to purcahse some t5's for my mothers and cloning. Any experience with CMH?

Im using 2 600 lumi HPS's. I prefer the 600's for a scrog setting, I think because of the closer distance to the plant you can achieve the same lumen intesity over a larger area than 1 1000.

MASHUP

Grinchy

I simply love T5 lighting for veg. I have a New Wave 28 and 22 waiting to throw in a GrowLab 120 over the clone machine and moms.

No personal experience with CMH, but know some guys who get along well with them. I'll probably give them a shot later on down the road.

The situation with the 1000w vs. 1200w is that I already own the 1000w Lumatek and don't want it to just sit and collect dust. Maybe I'll find someone to take it off my hands and make the 2 600s a go.

I'm just trippin' though, will have to decide what to do soon.

kp^

MASHUP, What a clean, and very pro setup u have! Looks like the girls are lovin those T5's!

Ive gotten to play with T5's, but don't have my own... I may have to pickup a set for mothers.. :)

Keep up the great work!! Happy growing! :smoweed:

BigGreen

Veteran
Shit go all out then and buy just one more 1000 watter. You'll shit yourself when you see what they can do. The two 600s would kick some ass too but if you already have 1 1000 you can save some $ toward the chiller. You already getting the good 8" hoods you wont have any problems cooling the room. My 2 1000s running with 6" hoods is at 75 degrees all the time no A/C but Im in a basement. I dont even need a chiller my water is at a steady 70 degrees but I add Aquashield with no problems.
PS the only thing you will miss out on with the 600s is bigger buds and yields from the 1000s. Either way its gonna rock.

BigGreen

Veteran
This is what one 600 can do 8 ounces 1 plant. 6 plants over all yield was just under a pound and 1/2

Attachments

• 1 week out.jpg
    1 week out.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 43
  • most of the garden.jpg
    most of the garden.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 39

MASHUP

BigGreen

I'm frustrated because I am unable to view those pics. There's something preventing me from viewing any pics attached like that site-wide. Any way you could upload them using a different method? I throw all of my pics up on imagehost.org

Fear not though, for I am a man of excitement and it's difficult to predict what will happen. This setup is just the basis of the grow I have planned for a 10' x 10' tent and 2 12-site systems like you see here. So assuming that's my goal in the end, would it be better to go with 4 1000w or 6 600w to light the 10' x 10' area?

Appreciate all of the information and tips.

MASHUP

kp^

You wont regret T5s in veg, they're a great asset to any garden.

Thanks for the encouragement and dropping by. :)

BigGreen

Veteran
I can,t even look at the pics I put up because I don't have enough post must be the same for you. How did you get your pics up, I have know idea how. Lets figure 10 x 10 is 100 sqft 4 1000s would be 40 watts per sqft its more than 36 watts per sqft with the 600s. If you only use 8 x 8 of the room with the 4 1000s you would get 62.5 per sqft and thats the shit everything would explode monster buds huge yields Id go with the 1000s.
What is the size of the room now. Are you gonna be running the t5s at the same time, because with the 2 1000s and a scrog you shouldnt even need the t5s running the sides.You will have a even canopy for the 1000s problem solved only running 2000 watts trust me you wont regret it. Just let your screen fill in a little more so when the stretch is done you will have about 10 to 12 inch buds and the 1000s wont have any trouble penetrating that.

MASHUP

BigGreen

The tent now is basically a 5' x 10'. The screen will be 4' x 6' to match the footprint of the T5s, or should I make it a 4' x 8' screen to match the footprint of say 2000w? The spare space in the back is for a 14K BTU portable A/C coming this week (fingers crossed).

The 1000w are sounding more and more attractive. Thanks for the input.

Re: Pics

NNNIIICCCEEE! Smile from ear-to-ear on my stupid face now. That was with 1 600w you say?! What nutrients are you running?

BigGreen

Veteran
Just make it 4 x 8 and go with the 1000s you'll shit right in your pants one week after putting them in there. Yep 1 600 watter 3 x 4 1/2 room and a light rail. Secret nutes Floranova baby that shit rocks about the third week in start adding the liquid kool bloom oh ya I cant forget the floralicius plus, hydrogaurd, and hygrozyme. Them where in 5 gallon bubble buckets no recirculating.

P

purpledomgoddes

nice garden

nice garden

5'x10' room enough for two 1k lights. mix of sunmaster cool/warm deluxe w/ hps for mixed spectrum.
uvb+plain daylight fluoros on sides w/ led's.
6-12 plants around 2k+long veg will produce nice vegetable garden.

Status
Not open for further replies.