What's new

Growers are just saying NO to pot legalization

Growers are just saying NO to pot legalization

• id vote no also, it would decrease price.

Votes: 154 28.3%
  • id vote yes, the increased market will still keep prices up.

Votes: 391 71.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Smoke Buddy

You sort of made my point. None of us can compete with Budweiser. I think there is already plenty of weed here. We dont need giant farms growing thousands of acres of outdoor weed. We already have an industry that this bill would displace. Thats the point of the bill from the states point of view. Get corporations growing huge amounts, sell it in the store and take in a couple billion in tax so they can continue to avoid making any hard decisions on the unsustainable spending which they have foisted upon us. Its a highly disfunctional approach and very cruel to the Cali growing community that already created and are supporting this industry. Its a rip off.

peace :rasta:

Do you think you could compete with making your own beer or wine and selling to compete with Budweiser or Gallo? Good luck.

I understand your fear though, you are selling a product for many times what it could cost to grow legally outdoors by professional farmers. The future is clear, the only question is how much more time will be wasted getting there, and how many more Americans will be arrested until Cannabis is legalized for recreational use also.

-SamS

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Do you even understand that Prop 19 will not affect 215 or 420?

I am not 100% on this...i believe that once 19 is implemented, they will bring a new initiative in 2012 that will kill 215 and 420. HOW SURE ARE YOU GUYS THAT 215 is safe?? all you guys have said is that they need to bring a new ballot to strike down 215...that doesnt seem too hard given the money big business will be making off 19..they can practically buy the campaign and ensure 215 is killed.

So you're saying it is better for the state of California to openly lie to generate revenue? Good luck finding a politician to pick that one up....

trillion where do you live?? are you even aware that in CA, lying is pretty much a given for politicians?? look at meg whitman lying through her teeth trying to buy her way into governer...you have serious misinterpretations of the way things work out here...i can throw a rock and find a politician willing to lie to generate revenue

and prop 215 probably had absolutely no influence on other states going medical.

is that sarcastic? 215 had ALOT to do with other states going medical!!! 215 and 420sb got the whole ball rolling for medical pot!

S

Smoke Buddy

Actually Subrob, you may grow the best looking Chem D I ever saw! major respect for your skills. In fact, I will not feel like I ever grew the D right until it looks like yours. Probably never but Im trying. :)

:rasta:

alright, im busted...its me...i grow the best...cmon over and you can teach me to make the best dry sift in the world out of it!

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Only to growers and profiteerers...215 and 420sb PROTECT SMALL TIME GROWERS, RECREATIONAL SMOKERS, ETC. If you are just doing your own personal thing, UNDER CURRENT LAWS WITH YOUR MED CARD...YOU ARE FREE FROM PROSECUTION. even the feds dont mess with it.

Now, if you are a big time grower...doing more than 100 plants, you face risk of being arrested. however i know people caught with big numbers and still, here in cali, with our overflooded system, they face little time. Under 19, those people would still be arrested and might face addiotional charges now like tax evasion, growing without a license..basically a bunch of nice enhancements that prosecutors want to see because they want to nail commercial growers to the wall. only big business moguls like richard lee can afford the commercial permits and pay all their taxes, and they will run game and push the rest of us out.

you keep saying that we are selfish for putting people in jail...but maybe yall are selfish for killing a counterculture that enables people to make a living just so you can be lazy and not play cat and mouse with the cops. no ones kicking down grannys door as she puffs up a bowl...no ones kicking down peoples doors for 5x5 grows and oz possession here in cali...go get your med card and stop worrying about the cops..or take risks and play the game the way thousands have before you.

people will still be getting arrested under 19 stop fooling yourselves....the average smoker is NOT going to jail under current laws...so basicallly 19 changes nothing except to add more limits to commercial growers

215 has no plant limits, 10, 100, 1,000 are all legal under 215 with a doc's script showing it is needed. You should know this, People V Kelly.

"you keep saying that we are selfish for putting people in jail...but maybe yall are selfish for killing a counterculture that enables people to make a living just so you can be lazy and not play cat and mouse with the cops."

Are you really this twisted? You want to call me selfish because according to you I want to be lazy? Don't know what to say, but your real colors are coming through. No one that knows me calls me lazy, I have worked my life for Cannabis reform as well as Cannabis conservation and improvement, as well as increasing the knowledge base, you really put your foot in your mouth this time, but I am sure you think you are right in voting NO on Prop 19, and will do your very best to help the LEO's and Prohibitionists defeat Prop 19. All the time knowing you are right.... Sad...
I do think some people are voting NO because of different reasons, but the vast majority are interested in preserving their Cannabis income not what is best for all Cannabis people, or even what is best for Cannabis. Thats how I see it.

-SamS

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am not 100% on this...i believe that once 19 is implemented, they will bring a new initiative in 2012 that will kill 215 and 420. HOW SURE ARE YOU GUYS THAT 215 is safe?? all you guys have said is that they need to bring a new ballot to strike down 215...that doesnt seem too hard given the money big business will be making off 19..they can practically buy the campaign and ensure 215 is killed.
That's a baseless argument as they can do that at anytime. The people of CALi have had it since 1996 and no one has challenged it since.

I beleive he was and what is the point. Cali does influence other states we see it everyday.
is that sarcastic? 215 had ALOT to do with other states going medical!!! 215 and 420sb got the whole ball rolling for medical pot!

aaaa

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
this thread is nothing comparied to our kithen thread 800 pages got shut down by the trollers

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Actually Subrob, you may grow the best looking Chem D I ever saw! major respect for your skills. In fact, I will not feel like I ever grew the D right until it looks like yours. Probably never but Im trying. :)

:rasta:

picture.php

---alright...lets all take a break and get a lil chem d circle going...take small tokes though...im down to last gram...:tiphat:

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
^^i think he said the Pure Kush is the best weed in the world, and i have to agree so far

of course its subjective so kind of stupid to discuss

but the only ganja i've smoked that has rivaled the pure kush is the santa cruz "Deth"

sam, you've been around, have you seen the Deth from SC mountain area?

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
I own a home in California and have been a California voter for almost 40 years, does that count at all to you?
I grew my first Cannabis plant in 1965 in California, does that count? When did you start?
I have grown more Cannabis in California then you does that count?

Do you think I really care about the opinion of anyone who will vote NO on Prop 19? I am pretty sure that will not count.

-SamS

my bad and my apologies. i was under the impression you were from somewhere else....

i am aware that you have grown more cannabis then me......

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Pure Kush? what cut, from what seeds? Who's Kush? Any idea?
My 20 year old HinduKush clone won the Amsterdam Legends of Hashish Cup 2 years ago, but to me it is to physical and couch lock, I prefer Sativas and find most Indica dominate varieties boring.
But I agree it is personal preference to the type of high and the strength and taste you prefer. As you may know I don't even smoke Cannabis much at all, to me the plant is the messenger but the message is resin.... I like dry sift.

-SamS

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I can't believe the post on another thread:

SHenanagins...ive been smoking close to 10 years and i know for a fact its mentally addicting, and a boderline gateway drug. i started smoking early, only smoked weed for a couple years. but when i hit high school years my love for smoking and getting high led me to shrooms, lsd, salvia, meth, coke...i loved hallucinogens.

my little cousin, i messed up. when he was really young like 12, i sort of introduced him to smoking. well freshman year of high school he dropped out because he was smoking everyday. he is 18 now and still doesnt have his degree, and is diagnosed with schizophrenia. and i hate to say it but i know the pot did not help with his situation. i live in the city around hundreds of daily smokers...some are crazy ambitious and manage to get by in life even though they smoke everyday (kinda like myself)...but i know a shitload of my fellow smokers who barely enjoy life anymore because they smoke blunts and couchlock for hours on end, every night, every day. I went into that phase for a year or two too...its too easy. it sounds good on paper, but after sitting on your ass for so long you start to feel guilthy, but its hard as fuck to stop smoking when you are surrounded by so much good bud. Today i wasnt gonna smoke, but i get to my coffee table and theres a nice fat nug of Hinda Kush my roomie left in the community tray....i just had to sneak a bong hit couldnt help myself

besides, the 19 bill still makes possession under 21 illegal so it doenst really matter.

Are you fucking joking? Cannabis a gateway Drug? Causing schizophrenia? If that was true I should be taking every drug under the sun, and be psycho as hell, but maybe because I only smoke Cannabis resin, and not bud I am to stoned to even find the gate?
Never wanted to try meth or coke but glad you lived through it even if you don't seem quite all here.....
Hint it is not Cannabis causing your problems, it is you.

And this is a typical NO on Prop 19 voter on drugs.....

-SamS

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
legalization in cali will not bring national legalization. most of the country is not too keen on what comes out of liberal land.

and prop 215 probably had absolutely no influence on other states going medical.

which is it...do other states follow our lead or not?

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
medical cannabis is more accepted than full out legalization. other states politicians dont want to be known as the "lib who is legalizing cannabis"...but they are willing to allow medical use because it doesnt seem that progressive, after all "its for the sick"...let the conservatives get tricked by our medical laws while it still satisfies tax revenues for cities, satisfies growers for fair market values, and satisfies customers for good quality and decent prices when competition occurs..my point being 215 is perfect now, and your guys claims that it wont be overridden if 19 passes dont convince me. Yes, it hasnt been challenged in 10+ years...but with 19 imposed, and 19 supporters making loads of cash, it wont be hard to put 215 on the ballot, spread fear and misinformation, and get people to nullify it.

all across the country extra liberal politicians are in fear right now for their seats so thats why the obama administration and other dems are not tackling the legal pot issue.

while full out legalization might work positively for other states, its not a 100% given. full out legalization might possibly bring negative attention from other states should the claimed tax revenues not be made, or we see other negative effects occur. already other states are trying to impose new restrictions on cannabis. it seems since the OBamao admin is screwing up so much, many people are trying to appeal to conservative republican/indepedant voters..and cannabis legalization is definately a negative issue with many voters (50% against in Cali alone, i bet the numbers in alabama, arkansas, south dakota, kansas, indiana, etc etc etc etc are HIGHER for NO on legalization).....just like illegal immigration, etc...there is lots of politics behind cannabis legalization.

I can't believe the post on another thread:

Are you fucking joking? Cannabis a gateway Drug? Causing schizophrenia? If that was true I should be taking every drug under the sun, and be psycho as hell, but maybe because I only smoke Cannabis resin, and not bud I am to stoned to even find the gate?
Never wanted to try meth or coke but glad you lived through it even if you don't seem quite all here.....
Hint it is not Cannabis causing your problems, it is you.

And this is a typical NO on Prop 19 voter on drugs.....

-SamS

Just because you smoked 40 years and are fine doesnt mean everyone experiances it the same. i love the herb, but i do find her negative effects visible, i talk with many smokers and there are some who feel the negative effects and some that dont and can smoke all day. either way..i do believe it has an effect on mental health in general, because i see it in myself and some of my relatives. like i said, some people smoke all day every day and operate fine, (or so it seems)...but myself, i feel the mental fatigue sometimes and i am not joking myself that it is mentally addictive. also schizophrenia doesnt make you violent or psycho, you would be surprised how many regular looking people have it. not all cases are as bad as "fight club"....

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We all get burned out from smoking all day. Its called overindulgence weather its booze or pills to much is never a good thing. Some people are just predisposed to have reactions to medications. Its not the erb its your genes.

Status
Not open for further replies.